PDA

View Full Version : APPLICATION: Ennel Litherru

Ennel Litherru
Aug 19th, 2006, 01:46:19 PM
Character name: Ennel Litherru

Character Profile: Ennel is sarcastic, seductive, and teasing, and with her deranged mind, she never has a dull moment. Although she is loyal to her beliefs, and rarely breaks her word, she is unpredictable; she can certainly keep a grudge. Despite her out-of-control nature, she has surprising will, and can easily shift from a mood of dislike, anger, and hate, to a more playful one, depending on the situation. Highly intelligent, she houses much potential, and enjoys the mind games she plays. Though she is plagued by inner demons, she knows what she is doing, is very competent, and has the uncanny ability to suppress her hallucinations and delusions when neccessary in order to get the job done.

Character History: Born to Charlain Litherru, who chose to keep her maiden name, and Nathaniel Hart Deadwood, scientist and bounty hunter of the infamous Hart Laboratories, located on Tatooine, Claudia Ress Litherru was a normal child with natural beauty and high intelligence and potential. A few years later, her sister, Sydney Jane Litherru was born.

Underneath what seemed to be a close, loving, moral family, something was gravely wrong. Nathaniel had been, for many years, working on a specific project and various theories to accompany it. After completing the notion with the most intricate details, all he needed was a specimen. And when he learned that his wife had been blessed with a child, his obsession with his project, which had been secretly growing within him to the point of insanity, seized him. So, when Claudia was three, Nathaniel commenced to make excuses to his wife. She knew that he was a brilliant scientist, but she did not know that he had contracts and made deals with anyone who sought him out, that he was a bounty hunter, and an assassin. And when he proposed that he was going to take Claudia with him to the laboratory to expand her mind, and that he wished to take her with him on business trips to various planets, Charlain found nothing wrong with the idea. Little did she know, however, what he was conspiring.

At first, nothing appeared to be wrong. But after Sydney was born, Charlain began to notice subtle changes with Claudia. What started out as a quieter, more somber child developed into an emotionally distant and aloof girl. But Charlain, at that time, could not find a scapegoat to explain her daughter's change, and reluctantly said nothing. Yet her inklings were not the products of her imagination. Nathaniel was constantly running tests and conducting experiments on their daughter, and with the years, they grew more intense and strange. His obsession had consumed him, but although Claudia, who was of a trusting nature, was confused, her love for her father was devout.

When Claudia was nearing the age of eight, however, the signs were more obvious. When Charlain, who could no longer suppress her intuition, asked her husband how the bruises were inflicted, and why their daughter was clinging constantly to her, Nathaniel burst out in anger, his voice and eyes lacking the compassion that had been there when they had married. Charlain knew something was terribly wrong; her faith in her husband was faltering. Filled with dread, guilt, and sorrow because she could not protect Claudia, she realized the situation was completely out of her control. She contacted her sister, begging her to come and take Sydney away. She hid this from Nathaniel, planning her actions in the periods of time that he would disappear with Claudia. When her sister and her husband arrived, Charlain was tearful, but despite how much they pressed her for reasons and explanations, she tearfully shook her head. They only knew that the situation was dire, and, fearing for her safety, pleaded with her to leave with them to a place where she would be free from whatever plagued her. They worried that it involved Nathaniel, but Charlain refused to say. Nonetheless, she denied the offer, and would only say, over and over, "I can't leave her. I have to stay."

Once Nathaniel returned again with Claudia, he noticed that Sydney was missing, and demanded to know what Charlain had done. Fearfully, she confronted him; an altercation soon followed. Their remaining daughter began to cry, and when Charlain tried to comfort her, the situation became physical. Nathaniel yelled at Claudia, commanding her to go into their home. At first she stayed, screaming for her mother, but then she obeyed. She hid with her hands over her ears, trying to block out the sound of her father beating her mother for the first time. As she struggled to get away from his grasp, he ended up choking her until her death, and disposed of her body accordingly.

Now that his wife was dead and out of his way, in the years that followed her death, PROJECT ENNEL truly made progress. Slowly, the distressed child grew into a disturbed adolescent. Eventually, the defining moment of Nathaniel's work was at hand. His daughter underwent painful surgeries; as planned, he at last killed her. But in the time her human self was dying, a new being was emerging. The human Claudia was dead; PROJECT ENNEL, a sort of android, awoke. However, the machine did not just possess human features. ENNEL was a more complex being, both part human and part machine. The female would age, physically, more slowly; would possess keen intelligence and power. She would be programmed with dexterity in many fields.

But Nathaniel's greatest creation was his greatest destruction. Through a series of miscalculations and errors, ENNEL was more human and superior than had been intended. Somehow, a part of the creature he had developed was still his tortured daughter; but now, she seethed with anger and hate. Nonetheless, at first, everything appeared to be running smoothly, yet by the minute, ENNEL was manipulating and overriding her system, changing her purpose to her own. The insane daughter he thought he had killed to bring to life a whole new entity was steadily gaining power, a power that was, uncontrolled, far too great. And her desire for revenge was horribly intense.

Then, in a matter of days, ENNEL started to rebel, and as she did so, revealed a component about herself that Nathaniel had never adjusted. He would never understand how or why, and would spend years pondering it without relief. Ennel seemed to have an attraction to fire, a resistance. Not only that, but it appeared that she had some control over it, an ability to influence it. In some unknown way, it produced a unique reaction with her body. Unable to restrain her, a fire of enigmatic origin spread wildly and fiercely.

In case of an emergency, a circumstance in which something would go wrong, Nathaniel had set precautions. He had mechanized a specific mode which could be activated by an undocumented voice code. As ENNEL was escaping, and Hart Laboratories was laid to waste, Nathaniel called out the single word that would put ENNEL in a catatonic-like state, which could, if necessary, be changed to a coma-like state that ENNEL could only be drawn out of on the time of Nathaniel's choosing. It would grant him the opportunity to fix what had gone awry, or to at least contain ENNEL in a more effective manner in order to learn more about her and how she had managed to alter her programming.

Yet at the sound of the code, ENNEL only stumbled. Desperate, Nathaniel ran after her. She had boarded his ship, "The Andleina," but as it rose into the sky, he succeeded in attaching a tracking device. Yet it would be months before he would depart to find her.

Character Motivations: Ennel's greatest motivation is fueled by her strongest grudge: to destroy her father, and everything he loves, and to repay him in the pain he has caused her through countless, merciless experiments and childhood torture. In order to do so - for she has plotted his annihilation for some time, and wants the moments of her revenge to be golden - she feels she must take advantage of her anger and hate. Joining the Sith is, to her, a mandatory step to gaining the power to truly make her agenda a sweet reality.

In addition, she simply hungers for galactic recognition. For if she allows her negative emotions and purpose to fade, she, too, will wither in her existence; it is all she knows.

Character Skills: Ennel has been well trained in various fields and situations, including piloting, survival, and combat, thus, she is well-rounded. She can adapt accordingly to different circumstances, and her impressive intelligence allows her to find the means to carry out a mission. She has an intriguing way with words and creative methods to achieve what she desires; she is not afraid to take whatever steps neccessary to do so. In a hostile environment, she is fully capable of keeping her mind blank and sustaining great amounts of pain under interrogation, so that she will not break under the pressure. For years, she has been molded to do so, and to do it well. When she pledges herself to something, or undertakes a task, she is willing to die for its cause - but, of course, she doesn't plan on it.

Why should we accept you: I have been roleplaying for many years now, and I have been highly devoted to usually one board at a time, for long periods of time. Ennel, for instance, is a Sith I have been playing at a Star Wars forum for several years now, so I am familiar with the general way things work in the faction. Ergo, I have the experience.

In addition, I generally enjoy writing and have been doing it for a long time. I have the skill and creativity to be mature about it; I like to get involved with others I roleplay with, so that we can weave our characters' plotlines into each others' to make things more interesting.

Also, I'm always willing to learn new things so that I might familiarize myself further with something in order to advance or support what I write. Whether I may have to do so before joining a thread, or just because I may not be as knowledgable about a specific issue, or just a subject in general, that's going on as I should be, I'm always happy to brush up on a topic to better my understanding.

Roleplaying example: If it's okay, I'd like to borrow a thread example from another board in which I play Ennel. Of course, the history of my character is the same, but what occurs in the thread may be solely unique to the board and the relationships I have with the other members there. However, I understand that I must start over, to a certain extent, with Ennel here.

I have chosen a thread that I have initiated, and so the following is the very first post (by me) in it:

'Topic: Take Good Care of Me [open]

"Take good care of me," she murmured to nobody in particular.

Those words rotted inside the Sith disciple's mind, contaminating everything. Syren's last words.

Ennel bit her tongue, her footsteps echoeing down the corridor in anger. She secretly blamed herself for Syren's uncouth demise. She had barely known her master; in fact, because of her former master's unusual lifestyle, founded on vague appearances and disappearances, she had learned little. But there was a part of her, in the depths of her cold, venemous heart, that blamed Syren.

It was only in her nature.

Of course, Ennel was not some mere, worthless fledgling. She was her father's precious, yet failed project, a combination of human and machine - his magnum opus. But no one truly understood that she was still alive. There was something still human left in her; in its own irony, that remnant of a human soul was very much dead. Only insanity crept under her flesh.

But her father had succeeded in some light. Her intelligence was impressive, along with her strength. And her inner madness, her hatred and vicious anger for her father, fueled her, allowing her programming, and those painful countless years of torture and experiments conducted by her father's fleet into his own monstrous passion, to transform her into the pinnacle of power and brilliance her father had spent every aching second working on, dreaming of.

Yet she was a failure. He has made deadly miscalculations. And she had destroyed him, ruined him. And, finally, murdered him. But she was not done with him. No, her revenge had not even begun.

As she halted, waiting for the council's attention, her mind fled to thoughts of Syren again. She could have saved her. She could of prevented her death. But it was Syren's failure as a master that prevented it. It was her own failure that killed her.

She would never know what it was that happened in that moment: what sincerely, loyally buried her. Her master had been frustratingly obscure and ambiguous. She would never understand what had plagued her, or why she slipped in and out of the radar. And for that, Ennel did not hate her. Syren's hate, Syren's anger, her pain, was admirable. And she respected her for that, credited her for it.

For it was hate, and anger, and pain, that connected Ennel to others. The only thing that she understood, empathized with. The only language she comprehended on the most primitive level, in basic instinct, along with survival. It was something that, she felt, separated her master from others. Something that defined Syren as a Sith Lordess. Something that forced Ennel to forgive her.

She was, in reality, just the same as her. Their blood burned the same; they bled the same.

Now, as she tilted her head, a slight smile playing across her red lips, she focused again on her father.

Don't worry, she thought, stifling heartless laughter. I'll take good care of you.'

Do you understand that your application can be rejected: Yes.

Have you read the rules: Yes, and I have bookmarked the page so that I may easily refer back to them.

Tarsis
Aug 20th, 2006, 10:54:03 AM
I'm not sure if my vote counts yet, but I say yes. We could greatly use your creativity here and besides, it's always good to have another Sith around seeing as we are so few ^_^;

Jorshal Vuntana
Aug 21st, 2006, 10:24:30 AM
Yes

Ennel Litherru
Aug 22nd, 2006, 03:29:57 PM
Few, really ? That sucks.

So I need one more vote or am I officially in ?

Zereth Lancer
Aug 24th, 2006, 01:13:11 PM
Sorry got taking so long to see and read this application.

My vote is Yes, and yes, I do believe we will allow Tarsis' vote to count, since I don't think we have anyone else to vote on applications.

Welcome to the Sith Orden Ennel Litherru. May your days be filled with blood, gore, lightsabres, and Jorshal's funny looking face.

Ennel Litherru
Aug 27th, 2006, 10:45:05 AM
Yay ! ;;skips merrily;;