PDA

View Full Version : And Then Doldur Cried Out

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 17th, 2006, 05:46:19 PM
Doldur City - Capital of Doldur

Heavy boots falls hit the floor with tempered stride, though the situation that the two Imperials were discussing was quite serious.

"I want those reports on my desk in an hour. I grow very weary of having things arriving late." Moff Tarkin was in a foul mood. The talk of a Rebel attack loomed constantly on her mind as well as the timing of Executor Sevon's coup. Everyday that he did not call in her ships for his campaign was a blessing. It meant her borders were continuously patrolled heavily.

"Yes Madam Tarkin. I will make sure that they do." Admiral Paron was her liaison to the military fleet. Whatever orders needed to be handed down, he saw to it personally. Their relationship was rocky at first. Paron was of the old school Empire and thought it improper for a woman to be giving him orders. Miranda had made it perfectly clear that not only would his commission be taken away but all those flags pinned proudly on his jacket would be stripped away, leaving him an Ensign on some backwatered world cleaning bathrooms.

The show of dominance persuaded him to be in her favor and has been a valuable asset in establishing order.

But then everything spiraled into a chaotic nightmare as the Assembly building exploded! The shockwave knocked everyone in the hallway onto their feet. Admiral Paron was kind enough to have Miranda fall on top of him so she wouldn't hurt herself. Klaxons went off.

"What the hell happened?!" Miranda pushed herself to her feet and Paron made a call into command.

They ... They just jumped out of hyperspace Ma'am! Three Mon Cal Cruisers and six frigates! They’re launching fighters!

She heard of an attack but nothing of this magnitude was even rumored! This was almost as big as Endor. For a moment she panicked, but those around her didn’t notice the subtle change. This was her first fleet engagement and admittedly, she was scared like everyone else who had to command such a battle. Even Miranda Tarkin. But she was going to show those biased stuffy shirt bureaucrats back home what she was made of.

“It seems the Rebellion has taking quite the offense to my presence here. Admiral! Call the Ardent in to intercept along with its support ships and put out a priority signal to the Trenchant. I don’t care how many beacons they need to piggyback to get here but they better be here within an hour! Scramble available forces that can come assist and make sure that our borders are tight with what we have left! I don’t them to make us look like fools if this is a distraction!”

Paron nodded and got to work as Tarkin hailed General Melia. “Depending on our time table, we could be looking at ground forces penetrating the planets surface. I want your troops ready to mobilize within seconds.”

Yes Ma’am. My men will wipe out anyone that’s brazen enough to touch down.

“Good. Till then, wait for my order.” She ended to communication and walked swiftly to Operations control. There she could watch ship movements in real time and command effectively.