PDA

View Full Version : New LucasArts Engine

Terran Starek
Aug 17th, 2006, 12:00:37 PM
I'd heard that LucasArts had overhauled their physics engine and had been working furiously on a new type of gameplay, but this was the first "good" article (http://ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3/indiana-jones-untitled-next-gen-project/708013p1.html) I found about it.

Of course, this would be great great news for any upcoming SW action-adventure type games. And, as long as BioWare is around, SWRPG games will always rock. :)

Khendon Sevon
Aug 17th, 2006, 01:19:35 PM
Good possibility LucasArts will do something to mess it up.

Now, where's my TIE Fighter game! I want space action and a good story! Now. Did I say now?

Terran Starek
Aug 17th, 2006, 03:45:54 PM
IF they continue to get hung up in franchising.

The New Indiana Jones looks like it could be a good title. The problem is, with companies like Lucas Arts, you're expected to church out products quickly based on what's hot in entertainment. Hurry up and make the next X-Men movie. Quickly, let's do a new Star Wars game for Ep III.

That's why so many movie games and franchise games suck.

Khendon Sevon
Aug 17th, 2006, 08:50:03 PM
Or it could be that the industry as a whole needs some new blood.

Ira Yahff
Aug 17th, 2006, 09:17:44 PM
Well at least KOTOR was good. :)

Morgan Evanar
Aug 17th, 2006, 09:49:11 PM
Most of the talent at Lucasarts left around 99 when everything became STARWARSSTARWARSSTARWARS instead of making extremely high quality original titles for the most part.
Originally posted by Jehkran Dmath
Well at least KOTOR was good. :) Lucasarts had nothing to do with KOTOR besides rubber-stamping it. It was BioWare.

In other words, I'll believe it when I see it.

Terran Starek
Aug 18th, 2006, 07:34:52 AM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
Most of the talent at Lucasarts left around 99 when everything became STARWARSSTARWARSSTARWARS instead of making extremely high quality original titles for the most part.

Case in Point: Full Throttle. Remember that game? That was one of the first PC games a played at a friend's house who was pretty wealthy and had a "sweet" PC at the time! :) There have been lots of other good LucasArts titles, like Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, or Gladius.

Remember Outlaws?

Mad props to BioWare for innovation. They've captured a lot of RPGs very, very well - i.e. KOTOR, Jade Empire, Neverwinter Nights.