PDA

View Full Version : So there was this bike track.....

Jaime Tomahawk
Aug 16th, 2006, 05:14:14 AM
A few people know I like to keep myself fit these days. Only two or three really know just what I do - running and mountain bike riding. Now yes that's pretty obvious but the question is more where. Like carrying my bike up 200 meter inclines in the National Park that are hard enough to walk up at the best of times. And with a proper diet (I literally only have a chocolate biscuit a day as my junk food intake) I'm now down to 76 kg and really trimming up

http://alliancemotorsport.org/gallery/d/24354-1/IMG_6274.JPG

For this of course. Racing you do need to be fit.

So anyway, in the mountains again, on my usual trail, decide to attack one of the jumps a bit harder than I usually do. When I mean a bit harder than usual, usual is about 30 kph which yeilds a good couple foot of air.

Except my handlebars twist and the shift helps take a foot of a pedal. This is of course rather bad as you need your legs to properly cushion yourself when you land. So you dont have your backside on the seat. Which I did.

And when said bike landed, flailing leg hits pedal.

So anyway, here I am with an icepack on a beauty of a bruise on the groin and a nice set of cuts on the left leg plus bruising, nursing a hot cup of tea. But what's I think a sign of the menat issues I exhibit now and then..... I'm planning a ride of about 30 km around Penrith Lakes tomorrow. This is one of those moments where I truly realise I'm not a rational human being.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 16th, 2006, 11:34:12 AM
Mountain: 1
Mark: 0

You have to go back immediately to even the score. Its obvious.

Kelly Perris
Aug 16th, 2006, 01:28:52 PM
Originally posted by Jaime Tomahawk
This is one of those moments where I truly realise I'm not a rational human being.

Pfft. Rationality. Who needs it? The bruises and breaks are part of the fun.

Jaime Tomahawk
Aug 16th, 2006, 05:33:23 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Mountain: 1
Mark: 0

You have to go back immediately to even the score. Its obvious.

Oh, the score is more like Mountain 1, Marcus 5. It's a get back at being able to ride up Old Bathurst Road..... which as Chris could tell you is not exactly flat.

But to extract even more revenge on a mountain, what do you do? You climb it. There's a 4000 foot climb over 10 km road section that looks good to do......