PDA

View Full Version : Silence

Sting
Aug 15th, 2006, 10:33:20 PM
Sting was not in uniform so the nurse did not reconize anything out of the ordinary. "Hello, could you please direct me to the General's room?" The plump nurse pointed. "I'm sorry sir, he is in the restricted area under the watch of two of his own men. You need special clearence to get in there."

"Thank you miss, I think they will let me pass." Sting sighed as he showed his papers to the guards who then let him thru. He did not want to announce his prescence but then security had been really beefed up and he had no choice.

Entering he saw DeSang lying in his bed. Tube's where inserted in his nose and hooked to a machine to help him breathe. He was heavily bruised and there was half healed lacerations across his chest. Sting noted that for them to still be there he must have been hurt more seriously than he had heard. His armor was placed carefully at his side along with his weapons. To tell the truth he barely reconized him. He was black and blue all over the ridge over his left eye was extremely swollen.

Dalamar lay still the nurse said that he was in a coma. Only time would tell if he would recover. He had heard that Dal was at the center of the blast. Throwing his body over the Mandolorian to protect the Queen. Sting sat down and started talking to his old friend. "I told you that Dang nobility of yours would get you killed. Always keeping your word and your promises is a sure way to have things blow up in your face. No pun intended."

"I just wanted to tell you that I haven't forgotten that little matter that we talked about and I am looking into it. Also I haven't forgotten what you did for my grandfather or for my family. I guess what I'm trying to tell you is I guess some of your nobility is sticking to me. I'll be back to check on you real soon. As soon as I have some more of the answers that where looking for I promise."

Adraudia Basillie
Aug 18th, 2006, 09:52:29 AM
"And what answers would that be, Sting?" Adraudia was Queen and did not have to wait for the General's current visitor to leave. She grew increasingly heartsick with what happened to her friend and would not wait a moment longer to see him.

What surprised her was Sting's presence. His usual place was the shadows and the two of them had barely spoken. Dalamar was their conduit with intelligence reports. And poor Dalamar. The Queen's stoic expression shattered as she looked upon him. She couldn't remember the last time he was injured so badly. Those damnable Mandalorians! Brave as they were for surviving the harsh jungles of Onderon, they were nothing more then cowards in attempting to seize something that was rightfully owned by her people!

She walked up to the side of the bed and took Dalamar's hand in-between hers. He was always so cold to the touch but now they were like ice.

Sting
Aug 20th, 2006, 10:40:36 AM
"And what answers would that be, Sting?"

Smooth as butter Sting answered without hesitation. "Its a personal matter for the General something not at all related to the running of Onderon I assure you." His head bowed he held his hand over his heart.

"The General is in a bad way Ma'm. I heard he blocked an explosion with his own body? Good thing he had his armor on or his injuries would have been much more severe."

(OOC. obviously he recovers these events happen immediately after the explosion. His and Nathans meeting take place later..

Adraudia Basillie
Aug 20th, 2006, 01:52:40 PM
"He did," she said somberly, "I'm grateful that he did not die."

Adraudia sat down next to his bed, still holding his hand. "It pains me to see him like this."

General Devious
Aug 20th, 2006, 08:32:58 PM
The heart monitor started beeping faster as Araudia held his hand. Sting moved closer to see if anything was wrong.

Beep.....Beep......Beep Beep,beep,beep,beep,beep...beep..

A groan escaped Dalamar's lips as the monitor resumed its normal count. His eye's flicked open and he grabbed Araudia's wrist HARD. His eye's where glazed over as he looked directly at her. He mumbled something in a growl that echoed into words that made sense. "Get away from her you Bassssstard...." He grabbed the flowers vase next to him as if they where a sword in his hand. Sting's fist flew over the side of the Queens startled shoulder and struck Dal square in the chest.

He passed back out and laid still. His breathing shallow. His grip fell off and he lapsed back into unconciousness. Sting bowed low. "Forgive him your majesty a feverish nightmare surely. But I noticed your prescence had an affect on him. He must have felt your gentle prescence."

She nodded but as he waited he wondered. It looked like for a second there she was reaching for a weapon? He shook it off and waited with the Queen in case Dal lost it again. He didn't he was calm and still. The Beep of his monitor recording his undead heart beats. He mumbled in delirium "Must save Araudia, must
save her.. Please keep her alive please.." muffled sobs filled the room as DeSang tossed back and forth.

Adraudia Basillie
Aug 22nd, 2006, 03:26:40 PM
Dalamar. Ever so loyal, even in sleep. As much as she loathed his overprotectiveness, Adraudia wished him awake now so she could tell him he was right. She shouldn't have been so laxed with her freedom and the Mandalorians found a way inside the palace.

She was fuming after the attack, angry at Dalamar but the Queen was truly mad at herself. She should have listened to him more and now he paid the price.

"My time isn't long, Sting, but I will stay here for as long as I can to be with him." Adrauida soothed the General by petting his long white strands of hair.

"I'm safe Dalamar. You can rest well my dear friend."

General Devious
Aug 22nd, 2006, 06:01:00 PM
"I'm safe Dalamar. You can rest well my dear friend."

Her words seemed to reach him as he let out a long held sigh. His body visibly relaxed and changed from rigid to resting. Araudia was safe and to Dalamar that was ALL that mattered.

Her soothing touch and prescence was like a healing balm to the wounded General. He had not failed like he had with Mischa. Like he promised himself he would never fail again.

Deep sleep took him over and he began to heal....