PDA

View Full Version : [WoD] Abounding Coincidences - Tis That Wonderful Time of the Year!

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 02:52:18 PM
A lot has happened in the last week since my incident with Miklos. Not only did I receive a new perspective to life as we know it, I got intro to Vampirism 101 from Fiona the next night after the attack. So I know about wooden stakes, chopping off heads, fire, the different clans, how to become one (Which really isn't all that different then what I read about), and the thirst for blood. At the club, Fiona pointed out to me known Vampires so I could get a better idea how to spot them. A clueless mortal (me), could actually learn how to pick out their idiosyncrasies over time. What was really interesting is that some Vampires are more monstery then others. In other words, they kept most of their human qualities while others dove deeper into the monster within that craved blood.

Fascinating stuff but it scared the hell outta me. I had to learn this stuff tho since I was sworn to secrecy and it was up to Fiona to be my teacher. So every night when Fiona drove me home (Which there was no arguing against), she steadily increased my awareness of the supernatural. From Vampires we went to Werewolves, from Werewolves we went to Werecats and so on and so forth. Ugh. I had no idea humans had the potential to shape change into so many creatures but I swear if I hear of a Wereorangutan, I'm shooting myself in the head.

Yet, even with all the stresses in my life, I continued on like normal. It was because of Fiona. We were becoming the best of friends. She kept me sane with every new scary tidbit. I know I woulda become a nutcase if not for her but life wasn't always about the freaky stuff going on in the city. Nope. There was normal life too and it was getting really good. I got straight A's in my first semester at college, to which everyone at Kingston Mines threw me a surprise party. Fiona was the ringleader of course, and since we were becoming so close she asked me to move in with her. She absolutely hated that I was living in such a small space. I told her it was free and I looked at it as a blessing. I really am fortunate to even be going to school since I have zero cents to my name. I argued out of pride. Fiona argued out of sensibility. I knew about the Masquerade now and eventually the entire mess of Chicago vamps will learn about me. Just how things go. Some won't care, others will be curious and want to talk to me, others might try and finish what Miklos started. It would be safer with Kung Fu Fiona.

She had a point. I was vulnerable and there was no one else I could turn to so I caved in. I just had to square everything with Financial Aid and the dorming supervisor, which was no biggy. My living arrangements were changing before the semester started, so no worries.

I moved in close to a week ago and now I'm schlepping boxes of Christmas decorations up the stairs to the apartment above Fiona's antique shop (yeah she really did have one!). Woman was determined that I have a 'proper' Christmas since I haven't had one since I was a little girl. She's so silly.

As I enter the living room, I see she's manged to tangle herself up in tinsel and garland, spinning around to get the stuff off her. I raise a brow and set down the box of ornaments on the table and approach with caution. "Do I dare ask how you managed to devolve into a cat?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 03:10:18 PM
"Devolve? I know some felines who would debate that with you."

:: She plucked a strand of tinsel out of her hair and sat down ::

"Oh good, you brought the last box."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 03:12:32 PM
"I'm not talking about those felines." She was referring to the Werecats, and I help pick out tinsel that got stuck in her hair and sweater. "I was just talking about you. But yeah. Everything's up now."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 03:18:07 PM
"The next thing we need is a tree. Would you like to come with me this afternoon?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 03:19:45 PM
"Yeah I was gonna ask you why you didn't have one in storage downstairs. We going to Walmart or something?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 03:22:35 PM
"Of course not!!! We're going to get a real tree!!!" :D

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 03:24:08 PM
I blink, obviously shocked by this news. "Real tree?"

Then the little kid inside me starting jumping up and down and this big corny smile came. "Really???"

I never had a real tree before. Never. Not even as a kid. Mom couldn't afford it one every year and we sure as heck couldn't afford it at the foster home. This was so awesome!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 03:30:06 PM
"Aye, the best tree we can find. With pine cones even!"

:: Fiona reached out and ruffled Michele's hair, inadvertantly transferring some static electricity ::

"Oh!!!! I'm so sorry!!!" :lol

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 03:33:34 PM
"Ow!!!" I wince. That was one hell of a spark. I think I heard it too! "No more rolling around the floor for you."

I rub my head.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 03:38:53 PM
"I'm going to make hot chocolate."

:: Fiona padded across the floor in socked feet, the field of static electricity causing stray bits of tinsel to dart at her heels like tiny snakes ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 03:41:45 PM
"You probably could start the stove yourself, woman." I hop onto the couch and lay down to stretch.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 03:57:14 PM
"Put some music on, will you?"

:: She scrunched her face up in a pixie-like grin ::

"Trans-Siberians, please."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 04:00:28 PM
Of course when I get comfortable she asks this. I roll onto my bare feet and switch out my Rob Zombie CD (Oh so Christmasy that is!) for Fiona's request. I hit random and after a few seconds, Wizards in Winter comes on.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 04:36:45 PM
:: Fiona frolicks in a twisty little dance before skating across the kitchen floor in her socks to put on the hot chocolate ::

"Would You Like Marshmallows???!!!" she called out over the groove ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 04:40:42 PM
"Yeah that sounds great!" I call back and then dive back onto the couch. I have to say, after caving in and moving, that this apartment rocks. Having all this space to relax in is awesome and sharing it is even better. I've grown quite comfortable around Fiona in a short span of time. The situation caused it but I'm glad it did. Better then being freaked out around her all this time. Plus being around her all the time has helped to calm my attraction to her. My mind isn't wandering as much but my feelings have turned more into adoration.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 04:49:08 PM
:: A few minutes later, Fiona brings a mug of hot chocolate in and sets it on the coffee table, then dashes back into the kitchen again ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 04:50:49 PM
"Ooo!" I pick up the mug and get a nice whiff of how good it smells. Fiona likes to make things from scratch, not very common nowadays, but it sure does make things taste that much better.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 04:59:42 PM
:: Fiona returns with some fig newtons and sits down on the floor with her own mug. She watched Michele enjoy her drink with a slightly silly grin ::

"Oh, guess what's on tonight?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 05:02:13 PM
I lick the chocolate goodness off my lips and thought about it for a moment. "Um, I dunno."

I snag a newton.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 05:07:04 PM
"The Court Jester." she trilled after a sip of chocolate.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 05:12:29 PM
Well, it was obviously something that Fiona liked by the sound of her voice. She gets kinda purry when things tickle her.

"Um, I don't know what that is I'm sorry to say."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 05:44:49 PM
:: Fiona gasped in astonishment ::

"It's a Danny Kaye movie."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 05:46:26 PM
My shoulders drew in closer as I look at her with no recognition in my face. Name isn't ringing any bells.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 05:51:34 PM
"Ohhh!!! You've been horribly neglected!!!" she cried dramatically, then paused to enjoy a bite of fig newton.

"I couldn't have taken you in a day too soon."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 05:54:21 PM
I laugh. I find myself doing that more and more these days. "Well, that's true but not really because of that."

I scarf down my newton. Mmmmm.

"But I'm glad you let me move in. One good thing that came from Miklos."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 05:56:11 PM
:: Fiona chuckled at that, almost wickedly ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 05:57:37 PM
She had a look I've never seen before. I narrow my eyes with a grin. "What?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:01:30 PM
"Just the look on his face after I tossed the trashcan through the windshield. You were quite funny too."

:: Her face took on a pixie-like appearance again ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:03:21 PM
"Hah, yeah. That." Now I chuckle a bit nervously. Fiona is wickedly strong for such a tiny frame. So glad she's on my side.

"But me? Funny? You gotta be kidding." I take a sip from my mug and shake my hand in disagreement. "More like a fool really."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:06:10 PM
"Don't say that. You aren't the first one he's tried to charm, you know. He's been doing it for centuries."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:07:42 PM
I roll my eyes. "Oh that makes me feel so much better to know I was the flavor of the month."

Grrrr!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:10:58 PM
"I think you may have been more than that. If I had to guess, he wanted to bring you across." she said seriously.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:13:07 PM
I set down my mug and grab a leather pillow to hug as I shiver at Fiona's suggestion. "Why the hell would he want to make me a Vampire?"

And here I thought I was just Vampire kibble. This is not a fun conversation. Not at all.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:16:29 PM
"You have a gift for music. The Toreador like to make such things timeless."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:19:08 PM
I curl further into a ball, horribly upset by that deduction. Who would have thought that my talent could be a cause for danger? My confidence wanes to try and redirect the conversation to something my mind accepts. "I'm not that good ... I probably really was just dinner."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:27:34 PM
:: Fiona softened ::

"Im sorry. I didn't mean to upset you again. We'll not speak of such things."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:32:56 PM
My lips twitch out a tiny smile. "It's okay. I have to deal with it. I just don't like it."

I take a deep breath. "And you're right. He probably was going to ..." I wave my hand around in the air. "... do that."

It's better to admit it then pretend otherwise. I learned that long ago. I couldn't always pretend my mother was still taking care of me after her death, and I can't pretend that Miklos wasn't trying to make me like him. Scares the hell outta me and I hate it, but I have to accept reality.

I rest my head on the side of the couch, struggling with coming to terms with that.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:44:10 PM
:: Perceval, the resident ginger tabby, hops up to greet Michele with an inquisitive mrrrow, nudging her cheek with his own ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:46:42 PM
Huh? Oh! "Hey you!" I nuzzle my forehead against his. I think Perc (my name for him) adopted me the day I move in. He's been sleeping in my room and always has this knack for showing up when I'm feeling blue.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:58:32 PM
"Don't you dwell on it, Michele Hawkins. That's never going to happen."

:: The look in her eyes was deeply affectionate ::

"I promise you."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 07:02:53 PM
I sniff back swelling emotions and scratch the top of Perc's head while I listened to her. When I brought myself to look at Fiona, I was held speechless momentarily. She never looked at me like that before. And you know what? I really believed her when she promised me that. I don't know why. It's just the way she said my name, like everything was going to be okay.

"Okay." I smile earnestly and scoop up my feline buddy in my arms, forgoing the pillow.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 07:12:20 PM
:: Fiona's eyes sparkled at the sight of her friend's smile ::

"I have to make a run to the market. Would you like to come along?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 07:13:49 PM
"Are we going to get the tree too?" I really couldn't hide my excitement at the thought.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 07:18:24 PM
"We're getting the tree last." she replied. "We'll need to borrow a friend's truck for that."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 07:20:23 PM
"Oh." I pout. "Oh well. I wouldn't mind coming tho for some fresh air."

I get up and Perc pounces to the floor while I head to my bedroom to put on some warmer clothes.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 07:36:38 PM
:: Fiona pulls a pair of sheepskin eskimo boots onto her feet and grabbed her coat and floppy hat and turned off the stereo system before descending the spiral staircase ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 07:39:50 PM
I have a sweatshirt underneath my Kingston's leather jacket and slip on my military boots I got at the army/navy surplus store (I hate to say it but I charmed my way in getting them cheap) and follow after Fiona.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 08:00:29 PM
(AT THE SUPERMARKET)

:: Fiona is meandering down the aisles, loading up a carriage with food to prepare a christmas feast. An enormous turkey, fresh cranberries, apples, sausage, a bag of potatos, cans of gravy, cornbread mix, a huge jar of crunchy peanutbutter, several pie pans, bags of chocolate chips, walnuts, mounds bars and three musketeers bars. Fresh cinnamon bark, fresh nutmeg, several cartons of eggnog, a bottle of Bailey's irish cream, a bottle of Kahlua, and a bottle of blackberry merlot. She looked over at Michele ::

"Let's see, what else shall we get?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 08:02:32 PM
I look at her dead in the eye with an incredulous stare. "How about the kitchen sink?"

I swear I don't know what half the crap in the cart is for. Are we having Christmas or Halloween???

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 08:06:25 PM
"We've got one of those, but seriously ... is there anything you'd like?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 08:07:47 PM
I look down at the cart I was pushing and my hands canter off as I try and think of something. "Honestly. I think you covered everything and then some."

I really don't need anything and I look at the overflow of food in the cart. "Do we really need all this stuff?" I dangle the mounds bars, the most dubious thing we have here besides the musketeers.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 08:12:58 PM
"This is our first holiday together, Michele Hawkins. It's very special."

:: Her cheeks glowed brightly as she grinned ::

"Ahhh, well that's going into the cookie dough." ;)

Michele Hawkins
Aug 15th, 2006, 08:15:19 PM
Okay, well least that made sense now but I still feel weirded out. Fiona has been so wonderful to me and this seems so over the top. I don't need to be treated special.

"You really don't have to go through all this trouble for me, ya know? Christmas is special enough knowing that we'll be together." I smile as bright as her cheeks. "Seriously."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 15th, 2006, 08:17:35 PM
:: Her eyes widened at Michele ::

"Do you like yams?"

:: and she was off like a shot down the next aisle ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 16th, 2006, 11:52:06 AM
I was going to say yeah (and that we didn't need them) but Fiona shot down the aisle before I could even get enough breath to speak. Why did she ask me if she was gonna run off anyway? She's already halfway down the asile looking over the shelves so I could catch up with her (it's a pain pushing this cart with all this stuff in it! I'm a mule!).

"Hey, Fiona? We have enough food for the two of us. Hell. We got tons, so we really don't need anything else."

I know she wants to make things special for us but all I see is a basket of food that is overflowing with more things then what we really need. My crappy living conditions as a kid just sees it that way.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 16th, 2006, 11:59:01 AM
:: She tucked the yams into the carriage and looked it over carefully before nodding ::

"Alright." :)

Michele Hawkins
Aug 16th, 2006, 12:02:56 PM
I look at the two cans of yams and chuckle. "I meant the yams too."

Fiona gave me an innocent look and walked towards the front of the store to check out. I follow suit and start adding up how much this is gonna cost. Now, math isn't my strong suit but when I got to a hundred bucks and saw how much was still left in the cart, my mouth dropped.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 16th, 2006, 12:10:53 PM
"You'll be happy to have them later." she winked. Soon, everything was sacked and carried out to the car by a high school student. Fiona slipped him ten dollars and wished him a Merry Christmas ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 16th, 2006, 12:13:25 PM
Awww. That was really cool of Fiona to tip the bagger eventho she didn't have to. That's what Christmas was really about anyway. Being nice to strangers and thanking them for their help. Not something you see too often. And because of that, I have a big smile on my face as I get into the car and buckle up.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 16th, 2006, 12:15:54 PM
:: Fiona noticed the smile as they drove off ::

"What is it?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 16th, 2006, 01:52:44 PM
"Oh I'm just feeling the Christmas spirit is all," I say honestly. Can't remember a time I was so happy. I always thought I was with school and music to keep me company and the few acquaintances I met, but I don't really have any friends; until now.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 16th, 2006, 02:31:00 PM
:: Fiona gazed at her friend sweetly as they came to a red light ::

"Would you like to invite Maria for Christmas dinner?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 16th, 2006, 02:32:51 PM
Mrs. Ceffaclio! Hearing her first name spoken so casually still is weird to me. But that's how the student/teacher relationship goes. "That's a great idea!" I say cheerfully. "Hopefully she's not too busy to come by."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 16th, 2006, 02:39:24 PM
:: Fiona hands her the cellphone ::

"We're coming up on some drive-throughs. Anything you want?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 16th, 2006, 02:51:03 PM
I see Micky D’s coming up. "Hot fudge sundae!" (I'm such a kid at times) I dial Mrs. Ceffaclio and wait for her to pick up.

Hello?

"Hey, teach. I know it's kinda short notice but if you weren't busy on Christmas day, me and Fiona were wondering if you wanted to have dinner with us?"

That would be wonderful. I'm having dinner on Christmas Eve with my family so I'm quite free. Thank you for inviting me. What time should I expect to come over?"

"Ummmm ..." I look over at Fiona. "When's dinner?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:13:40 PM
:: She swung into McDonald's ::

"Seven o'clock."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:16:05 PM
"It's at seven."

Perfect. Did you want me to bring anything?

Hah. Yeah right. But I'm polite.

"Not sure. Fiona? She need to bring anything?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:23:46 PM
"We have plenty!!!" Fiona chuckled. "Just bring an appetite!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:29:14 PM
I laugh into the phone and hear my teacher doing the same.

Okay. See you both then. Take care.

"Bye." I flip the cell off and hand it back to Fiona.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:02:17 PM
:: Fiona makes her order at the drive up ::

"One Chicken sandwich, large fries, a hot fudge sundae, and an M&M McFlurry please."

:: she glanced at Michele ::

"Anything else?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:03:58 PM
I look at her like she's stupid; playfully of course. "You forgot the nuts."

I grin.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:07:35 PM
"OH, EXTRA NUTS ON THAT SUNDAE PLEASE!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:08:34 PM
I laugh so hard that I'm slapping the window. "You probably scared the poor guy!!!" :lol

Fiona Devlin
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:13:22 PM
"Oh hush."

:: Fiona stuck out her tongue as she drove up to the pay window ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:16:27 PM
I'm still snickering as the guy with the headset gives Fiona a dirty look for screaming at the speaker. Not the greatest customer service but I can't blame the poor guy. He was polite in giving us the order tho.

"Sundae!" I pop the top off and pour my two bags of nuts on it and gobble it up. Not too quickly tho. No brain freeze for me!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:26:41 PM
:: They stopped back home to eat, with Fiona giving a proper sacarficial offering of french fries to Perceval. Then they were off to the tree lot to pick out a Christmas tree ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:28:07 PM
I look around like a little girl, eyes full of wonder and awe. There were still plenty of trees ripe for the picking! "Wow. They still have a lot of choices! I wouldn't think that so close to Christmas."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 16th, 2006, 05:01:18 PM
:: Fiona follows along behind her, letting her explore all the trees to let her pick out the one she wants ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 16th, 2006, 05:10:29 PM
I meander around families and trees, just seeing what is all there. Everything smelled so fresh and wonderful! Much like the scented stuff you could buy to freshen your home, ya know? They had evergreens, pines, firs, alpines, and trees that were colored in whites, blues and reds! I've never seen so many varieties! Fiona mentioned something with pinecones so I was trying to find something she would like too.

And then I found it! It was mushed between several of its cousins on the fence. It was a pine tree that stood over six feet high and full of cones and lush needled branches. It was gorgeous green!

"What about this one?" I merrily point out my finding!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 16th, 2006, 05:32:52 PM
:: Fiona scrutinized it thoroughly, stroking the needles and sniffing it cat-like as she wandered around it back and forth ::

"It's a good tree. We'll take it."

:: Unknown to her, there was a smudge of pine sap on her nose ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 16th, 2006, 05:36:35 PM
My mouth was grinning from ear to ear. Fiona looked so adorable and wasn't the wiser that her nose was defaced! I had to fix.

"Come here." I pull her close and wipe the sap off her nose. It wasn't too sticky so I manage to get most of it off so she was now presentable to the public.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 16th, 2006, 05:48:38 PM
"Thank you." she blushed and touched her nose.

"We'll take this one please."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 16th, 2006, 05:50:19 PM
One of the nearby workers nodded and slipped between us to wrap up our tree. There wasn't much room to maneuver but I kinda missed how close Fiona was. She's my support and I like having her near.

I give Fiona a warm smile. "Thank you for doing this for me."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 16th, 2006, 07:42:06 PM
"Your so welcome."

:: She bowed to Michele with a flourish and went off to pay for the tree while it was being tied ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 16th, 2006, 07:45:40 PM
Heh. I shake my head at her antics and head over to the car so I can help getting the tree nice and snug on the roof. The guy, well really a kid who had to be a couple of years younger then me, was appreciative.

"You got yourself a beaut here. Surprise no one took it yet."

"Yeah well," I grunt as I tighten the knot. "It was overlooked cuz it was waiting for us."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 11:20:27 AM
:: Fiona comes back and gives away another ten dollar bill ::

(ONE HOUR LATER)

:: The tree now stood in the living room, with the two of them busily decorating it ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 11:24:48 AM
I was barefoot at one point during all of this, but I quickly learned that a real life tree has real life pine needles that hit carpet. Ouch! So, the socks came back on even after we did some cleaning up.

With the multicolored lights (which flashed!) adorning the tree, me and Fiona and going through her collection of Christmas decorations and placing them on the tree. I have a box of green, silver, yellow, red and blue glass balls that I'm trying to distribute as evenly as possible around the tree. I’m having a lot of fun doing this but also taking my placement seriously. I guess I just want the tree to look good for my first holiday with Fiona.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 11:37:16 AM
:: Fiona opened up the box of assorted ornaments - angels, winter fairies, toys & musical instruments, and divided them up with Michele. She smiled as Michele admired each one, even playing with a few before hanging them on the tree. She was finally coming out of her shell ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 11:41:31 AM
I bite my lower lip as I take a few steps back to admire our handy work. The tree was full with ornaments, but not too over crowded to overshadow the beauty of the tree. All it was missing was some tinsel and the star to go up top.

I tear into one of the packages of tinsel that Fiona didn't terrorize from earlier and flung some over her head all innocently. "Looks better in your hair then on your feet."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 11:57:48 AM
:: A tinsel fight quickly ensued, with Fiona retreating down the hall shrieking as Michele chased her ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 12:10:02 PM
"Hey!" Like hell she's getting away from me. I must avenge the many lives of tinsel lost this morning by her hands!

I slide into the hallway wall (floor is hardwood here) and bolt after her. Fiona's objective is her bedroom. Once safely locked behind that door I will lose and vengeance will not be served! I get there just in time to push the door open with a wicked grin on my face.

"Thought you could get away huh???" I throw a ball of tinsel at her while she's helpless. Ha ha!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 12:14:37 PM
"Oh Nooooooooo!!!"

:: Fiona makes a desperate leap for the bed, trying to reach for one of the pillows ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 12:16:45 PM
"Oh no you don't!" I tackle her onto the bed and I bounce on top of her. That was when I start tickling her sides. Granted, I have no idea if Fiona's ticklish but it's a good time to find out. "You still must be punished!"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 12:22:31 PM
"Iiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!" :lol

:: Fiona wails, squirming helplessly in a giggling fit as Michele tickles her into submission ::

"MERCY, MICHELE HAWKINS!!! :lol I CAN'T BEAR IT!!! :lol I CAN'T BEAR IT!!! :lol IIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" :lol

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 12:42:55 PM
I straddle Fiona's legs so she can't kick out and I'm laughing mercilessly as my fingers dance along her rib cage, armpits and neck. "No mercy for you Ms. Devlin!!!"

Flailing hands were caught and pinned against the bed. I was still laughing as she squirmed underneath me to try and free herself, yelling at me to let her go! Her cheeks were so red from laughing and straining that I couldn't contain myself! I just wanted to keep hearing her infectious voice!

One of my hands let go of her to continue the delicious tickle torture but I was gradually calming down myself. It was like my brain finally registered that I was still on top of Fiona. I was mesmerized by her laughter, the reddened cheeks, the tiny droplets of tears that were pooling at the corner of her eyes, and the strands of hair that flopped to and fro as she thrashed under me.

It was then I stop my assault and push away the hair from her face with an adoring smile. She was so beautiful and all I want to do is kiss her ...

Which I find myself doing! My body acts before my brain says STOP!!! What the hell am I doing???!!! Am I insane???!!!

The kiss didn't last long when I pull away and get up off the bed. I don't give her a chance to respond either. "I'm sorry, Fiona."

I run my fingers through my hair nervously as I begin to leave the room. GAH!!! I'm so stupid!!!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 12:48:58 PM
:: Fiona sits up, still gasping for air as she cries out ::

"Wait!"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 12:51:50 PM
I hear her voice, but not what she's saying. I'm too embarrassed to stop and wander out into the hall. I clutch my chest because my heart is pounding so hard that I think I'm on the verge of a heart attack.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 01:01:13 PM
:: Fiona hops out into the hall after her, cheeks still burning from the kiss ::

"It's okay ... I ... I like you."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 01:05:21 PM
That makes me stop. Huh? I slowly turn around and look at her as if I was noticing her for the first time. My eyes narrow as I try and absorb what she just said.

"But ... you never ... I mean ... Not once did I even think you did." Ah doubt. How I wish you would leave me. Fiona just said something you wanted to hear for a while now and you have to find ways to make it not true dontcha?

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 01:15:38 PM
"I like you alot ..."

:: Fiona caught her hand and squeezed it as she looked into her eyes and trembled ::

"... kiss me again."

:: She gave Michele's hand a tug, to lead her back to the bedroom ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 01:23:17 PM
I certainly did not hear that wrong, and the timbre in voice causes my body to shiver. This time I don't argue or hesitate. I find myself in her arms and eagerly do what she wishes of me.

The first kiss really didn't register to me. I have no idea how hard I kissed or for really how long. Now my lips are firmly pressed against hers, kissing her exceedingly deeper, as we shuffle our way back to her room.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 01:42:44 PM
:: Fiona fell backwards onto the bed, returning the kiss as Michele pinned her again ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 01:45:36 PM
Same position as earlier but with a much sweeter ending. Wow, I think I'm in heaven because I can't believe this is happening. I've been wanting this for such a long time and never had a clue Fiona felt the same. I wonder why she never said anything?

Okay, why am I caring? Think later, kiss more!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 01:57:01 PM
:: Fiona gasps as Michele's hands travel down her body, and tug on the waistline of her jeans. She watches wide-eyed, not resisting as Michele peels her out of her jeans ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 02:11:18 PM
I hear the gasp and wonder if I went too far. I mean, I've been wanting this for a while now but that didn't mean that Fiona did too. Yet her body continues to respond to my touch, moving how I want her to and I'm slowly beginning to realize that she wants this just as badly as I do. Still, I'm in shock that my fantasy is becoming my reality.

Soon her jeans are off and I don't stop there. I try not to rush her out of her clothes but it's really obvious to Fiona how badly I want to hear her. I start to feel my hesitation building again but then her hands are all over me, playfully tugging and pulling at my clothes. It was like she knew I needed that encouragement to continue and now there was nothing holding me back ...

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 02:38:39 PM
:: ... some time later, they lay together beneath the covers after giving into their passions. Fiona lays her head on Michele's shoulder and kisses her cheek ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 02:45:30 PM
I smile but I feel like I'm dreaming still. I nuzzle my face into Fiona's hair and sigh. She smells like cinnamon and I hold her closely to me, afraid that if I let her go, I'm gonna wake up and she won't be there anymore.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 03:11:13 PM
:: Fiona's hand slides across Michele's belly beneath the covers, to hug her around the waist as they cuddle ::

"What are you thinking?" she spoke softly.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 03:18:45 PM
I'm quiet for a little bit but I kiss her hair to let Fiona know I'm not ignoring her. Though I finally muster the strength to talk to her about my feelings that have been bottled up inside since I first heard the word 'Huzzah' come from her mouth. "I guess I don't want to get outta bed because it might mean I'm dreaming. I just ... never thought that this would happen or hell, that you'd even felt the same.”

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 03:34:57 PM
:: Fiona kisses her again, on the lips, and cuddles against her more ::

"I think I have from the time we met."

:: another kiss as she strokes Michele affectionatley beneath the covers ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 03:41:59 PM
I moan softly as I kiss her back and squirm a bit underneath the covers. Her words make me smile.

"Really?" My eyes are heavy while I stroke her cheek with the back of my fingers.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 03:53:38 PM
"Aye."

:: She lingered there, and a blissful silence was shared between them ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 03:57:46 PM
At that moment, Perc jumps on the bed and pads his way over to us. He was quite the comical feline since some of the tinsel had crowned his head and curled around his tail. He mews at us and presses a paw against Fiona's cheek expectantly.

"What's up with you?" I pick the tinsel off of him and chuckle.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 04:06:30 PM
"I think he wants us to finish the tree." Fiona chuckled, giving him a scritch.

:: She wiggled out of the covers and pulled on a t-shirt ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 04:08:53 PM
Ah boo. I flick Perc's tail and he rolls onto his back, playfully swatting at my fingers with all four paws. Damn cat ruined our fun.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 04:13:59 PM
:: Fiona slips back into her jeans and smiles ::

"Come along, you." she made a kissy face and scampered out of the room.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 04:17:37 PM
"Okay, okay." I ruffle Perc's tummy and get dressed. As I wander into the main room, I see that Fiona did some picking up along the way since the tinsel has disappeared.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 04:22:30 PM
:: Fiona was up on the step ladder, arranging the tinsel icicles around the top branches of the tree. Then she hopped down to fetch the star for Michele ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 04:30:52 PM
The star was gold and in the center, a half-inch thick woven band held together the rays that shot out of it. The design was beautiful.

I took it and climbed the ladder and I could hear Perc cheering me on with his mews. With great care, I slip the holder on top of the highest branch, testing the balance by moving my hand away incase I have to catch it. Eventually I get a tight fit and climb back down and pick away some tinsel that attached itself to me.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 04:45:31 PM
:: Fiona turns on the tree and stands back to admire it ::

"HUZZAH!!!" she cried cheerfully.

"Our tree is beautiful."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 04:53:30 PM
“Huzzah!”

I laugh with so much love and affection as I wrap my arms around Fiona's waist. "That my dear ..."

I kiss her on the cheek and nuzzle her. "... is when I first fell in love with you."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 05:25:40 PM
"Is that so?"

:: Fiona presses her tummy against Michele's and wiggles her nose as she returns the embrace ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 05:29:11 PM
"At the time, I didn't know." I kiss the tip of her nose. "But I now know better looking back."

I laugh. "I was such a bumbling mess around you after that point. Didn't you notice?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 05:57:38 PM
"Well, I thought it was just shyness on your part." she replied, caressing the nape of Michele's neck.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 06:01:28 PM
"Heh," I blush, which is funny because after making love to Fiona, you'd think that wouldn't be so easy to do, "Well, I was shy too."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 06:19:08 PM
:: Fiona just stood there, looking into Michele's eyes without a word ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 06:21:53 PM
My cheeks burn a little brighter from the way she's looking at me. She's never stared longingly into my eyes like that and I wonder what's going on inside that lovely head of hers. "My turn to ask. What're you thinking about?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 06:30:18 PM
"How glad I am this happened."

:: she pet Michele's cheek and then rested her chin on her shoulder as she pressed herself closer in a hug ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 06:35:14 PM
I hold her tightly but then I start giggling as a thought occurred to me. "Mrs. Ceffaclio!"

I pull Fiona back so I can look at her since this was rather serious. "Obviously she won't know. Should we tell her?"

My music teacher has no idea about my leanings either. I don't think she'd care but Fiona could make a better judgment call then me at this point. I trust her.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 07:01:08 PM
"She wouldn't disapprove, but it would make her uncomfortable if we were casual about it."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 07:02:16 PM
I frown in disappointment. Guess I was getting my hopes up. "Then maybe we shouldn't say anything."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 07:05:33 PM
:: She placed her hands on Michele's shoulders ::

"I meant no kissy kissies in front of her, that's all." she smiled.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 07:08:23 PM
"Oh!" Wait. "So, she won't care if we're just cool around her? I mean, I don't want things being awkward with school and all, ya know? She is my teacher again next semester."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 07:17:57 PM
"Aye, as long as we behave ourselves." she giggled.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 07:20:54 PM
I click my tongue. "That might be hard. But I'll be on my best behavior. It's Christmas afterall."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 07:32:38 PM
"We're going to have fun. The concert is tomorrow night. I talked to your boss for you, and she told me you can go." ;)

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 07:34:05 PM
I lean over her shoulder, laughing at how funny this is. "Are you sure? I don't want to get in trouble!"

But then she rolled her eyes at me and we cleaned up the boxes to make the living room presentable. Tomorrow was going to be a busy day!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 17th, 2006, 07:45:57 PM
(CHRISTMAS MORNING)

:: Fiona's eyes snapped open and she wiggled herself free of Michele as she got out of bed. Christmas Eve had been spent baking a multitude of cookies and pies, and culminated in a night of Trans-Siberian Orchestra that simply blew Michele away. Into the shower she wandered ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 17th, 2006, 07:48:14 PM
I think I feel something stirring but I'm still too in la la land to care. Warm pillow and bed .... zzzzzzz .....

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 08:27:05 AM
:: Fiona steps out of the shower and gets dressed, quietly slipping out of the room to turn on the tree and get dinner underway. ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 09:58:23 AM
Eventually my eyes want to open, nudging me that I really should be awake since it's Christmas! I yawn and stretch to get myself motivated and roll over to snug Fiona good morning.

Cept she ain't there. Now my eyes are alert and I check the clock. 10:21 AM? Aw man. She's probably been up for awhile now, but she let me sleep the darling.

I crawl out of bed and into the shower.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 10:06:47 AM
:: Perceval padded out into the kitchen, annoucing that Michele was out of bed and it was time for breakfast. Fiona fed him first, then quickly set the coffee to brew and started slicing up some strawberries ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 10:14:01 AM
The shower was cold at first to help me wake up fully and then quickly switch to it to hot when it registers just how damn cold I was. Only took ten seconds.

Afterwards, I dry my hair as much as I can (tho I still look kinda mangy), slip into some clean clothes and head out into the living room. "Good morning."

And it is a good morning. The tree was lit up, Fiona put the Trans-Siberian CD on in the background and I smelled fresh coffee.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 10:18:35 AM
"Merry Christmas, Michele Hawkins!"

:: She was greeted with a kiss at the kitchen entrance, under a strategically placed sprig of mistletoe. Then Fiona darted across the floor to tend to the waffle iron ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 10:25:07 AM
I look up and laugh. I knew it. Mistletoe, but who's complaining? Certainly not me. I pour myself a cup of coffee and then a tail flicks underneath my arm.

"Morning to you too Perc." He rubs against my sides and hops off the counter as I got to sit down at the kitchen table.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 10:29:53 AM
"How many waffles would you like, luv?"

:: There was a small stack of them hot off the iron ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 10:36:33 AM
I think I actually swoon when I hear her call me 'luv'. "I think two's enough. Thanks."

They're thick Belgian waffles so even one is a meal into itself but I'm starving. Fiona's a great cook too, a skill I don't posses. I had forgotten how good home meals were until I moved in with her.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 10:44:11 AM
:: Fiona smiled, scooping two into a pan on the stove and dropped a generous portion of the strawberries in. She took up a bottle of liquer and doused them, then set them aflame, grinning as the sudden 'whoosh' made Michele jump. The sugars carmelized as the alcohol burned away. Then she put the strawberry waffles flambe on a plate and served it with some crispy bacon on the side ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 10:49:13 AM
I look at Fiona, making sure her eyebrows are intact. They were so good.

"Okay. You don't need to impress me." I chuckle, but I was really impressed. The sorta stuff she did is the kinda stuff you see on TV. It smelled delicious. I put some strawberry syrup on them and dug in. Mmmmm. They taste incredible! I have to wonder. "Why didn't you open a restaurant instead of a blue's club? You make such wonderful things."

We ate really good but I didn’t know Fiona was so fancy until now. I realize she’s doing this because it’s Christmas but I had no idea the depths of skills!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 11:03:13 AM
"Oh thank you!" she blushed happily.

:: There was another great 'Whoosh' in the pan as it lit up again ::

"I just learned a little, from my Auntie."

:: She took up her waffles and bacon and joined Michele at the table ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 11:06:50 AM
"Auntie?" This was the first time Fiona mentioned anything about her family to me. Now I'm curious. "Who's your Aunt?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 11:19:04 AM
"Oh, my Aunt Lavinia." she replied, hopping up after a bite of food to pull a batch of mounds bar cookies out of the oven.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 11:25:13 AM
"Does she live far?" I finish swallowing what I'm eating to clarify. "I only ask cuz she's not coming to dinner tonight."

I always thought Fiona was a bit of a loner like me, which was why I didn't question dinner with just us and my teacher. But now I wonder if she has any family around. She knows why I'm all alone. My dad left my mom and I have no idea where that bastard is. Mom died and her parents were dead too. She does have a brother but he moved away from Chicago well before I was born and the state couldn't track him down. Plus, I'm an only child so I don't even have a brother or sister to turn to.

All I really have is school, my teachers and the lovely in front of me.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 11:36:31 AM
"She passed on, but she's still with me in spirit. Traveled all over the world, she did. London, Sydney, Athens ... Tokyo." Fiona smiled fondly and slipped another tray into the top oven. Then sat down at the table again.

"She left me the antique store."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 11:40:22 AM
"Oh, I'm sorry." I bite into my bacon and think about how cool it would have been to see those places. I've never been outside of Chicago and the surrounding area.

"You have any other family?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 11:46:04 AM
"It's fine."

:: She stirred some milk into her coffee with a cinnamon stick and nibbled on it a bit ::

"I'm an only child."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 11:47:26 AM
I smile and sip my coffee. "Like me."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 11:58:22 AM
:: Fiona smiled back at her ::

"We aren't alone anymore."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 12:02:42 PM
"Yeah," I know I have a stupid smile on my face. I can feel my cheeks stretching as far as they can. "I never thought I could be happy again."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 12:04:29 PM
"Would you like to get your presents now?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 12:09:07 PM
I finish up my breakfast and I feel kinda bad. I couldn't afford much presents wise for Fiona so I went with being creative. But she said presents. That means plural.

"You didn't have to get me anything. Trust me," I grin, "You have given me alot already."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 12:21:41 PM
"I don't think so!" she giggled, popping up and scampering to the living room. She knelt beside the tree and pulled a big present out from under it ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 12:24:12 PM
I wince at the size of the present as I get up and shuffle over to her. "I was being serious."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 12:27:34 PM
:: Fiona turned on the big brown eyes and held it out to her as she knelt ::

"Open it."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 12:33:04 PM
No! No!! Not the eyes!!! Pouty chocolate eyes makes Michele do whatever Fiona wants. She figured that out rather quickly. Damn she's good.

I take the big present with a smile and tear it open. All I had to do was see Nintendo Game Cube and I flip out! Then I really start ripping the thing a part! "Oh my god!! NO way!" Someone saw my lonely set of console games that didn't have a home.

I pounce on Fiona. "Thank you!!!"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 12:37:39 PM
:: Fiona managed a chuckle despite being smothered ::

"There's more ..." she squeaked. She presented a Michele with a smaller box.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 12:40:20 PM
Well she did say presents. I sit back down and peel away the wrappings to find a jewerly box.

"Fiona ..." I get a bit choked up, not knowing what was underneath it. Game Cube is awesome but this would be something special. I just know it.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 12:47:25 PM
:: Fiona waited patiently for her to open it. Inside was a Claddagh Cross necklace. The celtic cross and chain were made of gold, and the claddagh in the center was crafted of white gold ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 12:52:41 PM
My eyes widen as I gently pull the necklace out from its snug place inside the box. I let in dangle in front of my face. Fiona's definitely Irish. The Claddagh in the center of the cross gives it away. I finally figure out that accent of hers!

"It's beautiful, Fiona." I'm never taking this off. I unclasp the lock and put it on right away. This is the best present anyone has ever given me.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 12:56:34 PM
:: Fiona's eyes widen in fright and she leaps up, dashing into the kitchen ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 01:00:10 PM
My head whips around to see what the hell's going on.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 01:02:57 PM
"Alright, this batch is going to be a little crispy." she said, pulling another batch of cookies out of the oven. She cursed in gaelic as she set them on the counter and blew on her fingers ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 01:09:10 PM
Oh the cookies!

sniff

Heh. Now I smell them. I was a bit enamored by my presents that I didn't even notice they were still cooking. Hence, why I don't cook.

Fiona sounds growly tho but I didn't catch that word she grumbled. I get up and take her fingers in my hand and kiss them. "You okay tho?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 01:14:41 PM
"Aye." she purred, her eyes falling on the cross around Michele's neck.

"I have one more present for you, luv. Then I have to get busy in here."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 01:18:32 PM
"Another one?" I frown. The two were perfect. One fun one and a serious one that showed me how much she cared for me. This showering of gifts makes me feel ... awkward.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 01:20:44 PM
:: She kissed Michele's cheeks ::

"Wait here."

:: Then she disappeared into the bedroom. A short time later, she called out ::

"It's ready now!"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 01:31:57 PM
Well, one thing hasn't changed since our relationship turned romantic is that Fiona's still very silly.

I wander down the hall and into the bedroom and then stop. My mouth hits the floor as I see Fiona without a stitch on except a bow covering all the essentials.

My complaints about another present were easily forgotten.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 01:39:24 PM
"I was going to save this for tonight, but I just can't wait that long." :mneh

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 01:43:01 PM
I slowly close the distance between us with a sly smile. "What about having to be in the kitchen?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 01:50:14 PM
"The turkey is in the oven already, so we have a bit of time. I figure you can help me in there when we're done." ;)

:: she took a playful step backwards against the foot of the bed and laughed ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 01:52:03 PM
"I don't know how to cook tho." My hand slides around her bare waist and I lean down to kiss her.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 01:55:38 PM
"I'll show you ..." she murmured between kisses, surrendering herself as Michele stripped her of her ribbons.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 02:03:36 PM
Christmas Dinner - 6:45 pm

Fiona really cracked the whip after our long break this morning. But we managed to get everything ready in time for dinner. Mrs. Ceffaclio would be here soon so that gave me enough time to finish wrapping Fiona's present. It was wrapped in purple paper and hugged together by pink ribbons and a bow.

I sneak my way into the kitchen and kiss Fiona on the shoulder. My gift is safely hidden behind my back.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 02:13:28 PM
:: Fiona turned around after setting the peanutbutter pie on the counter ::

"What's that your hiding?"

:: She tried to peek curiously as Michele kept turning strategically, and it become something of a waltz between them before Michele laughed and finally stopped teasing ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 02:17:15 PM
"Okay, okay!" I produce my meager present before Fiona and sigh. I'm nervous if she'll like and I'm not really hiding it well. My foot shuffles against the floor as my head retreats closer to my shoulder. "I wish I could've done more but I hope you like it."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 02:29:59 PM
:: Fiona peeled away the pretty paper. It was Piano Concerto No.2 in B-Flat major, bound in soft leather ::

"I adore you." she said, giving Michele a peck on the cheek.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 02:33:03 PM
I blink. She liked it? "You really like it?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 02:38:26 PM
:: She touched Michele's cheek, and preened her close cropped hair as she answered ::

"Very much so. I know how hard you worked on this."

:: That look was in her eyes again, one of deep affection ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 02:44:31 PM
My cheeks blush but it wasn't because I was embarrassed or anything like that, or being uncomfortable in Fiona's presence. It was quite the opposite. I was becoming increasing relaxed around her and blushing was just a normal reaction to the attentiveness she was showing me. I adored every minute of it.

"I'm glad you like it." I kiss her tenderly.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 02:57:44 PM
:: Fiona lingered with the kiss a moment, then broke away ::

"I love you."

:: She set the Concerto on the coffee table and then busily arranged the finishing touches to the dining table ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 03:03:39 PM
I go to help out too but that's when the doorbell rings. "I'll get it!"

I open the door and race down the staircase to greet my teacher. "Merry Christmas Mrs. Ceffaclio!"

She gives me a big hug, "Merry Christmas, Michele."

And also a bottle of wine that has a label I can't read. Mrs. Ceffaclio chuckles. "Trust me. Fiona will love it."

"Heh. Don't worry, I trust ya." I smile and lead her up the staircase arm in arm. "Fiona's done. She's just fussing over a few last minute things."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 18th, 2006, 03:13:25 PM
:: Fiona finished lighting the candles on the table and stepped out to great Mrs. Ceffaclio ::

"Merry Christmas, Maria!"

:: They hugged and Fiona took her coat ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 18th, 2006, 03:16:32 PM
I held the bottle up so Fiona could see it. "She brought wine."

Mrs. Ceffaclio smiled despite the scolding look Fiona was giving her. "I had to bring something. Besides, you'll like the vintage and year."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 19th, 2006, 11:22:50 AM
"Thank you"

:: She took the bottle from Michele and raised an eyebrow at the year. 1849 ::

"Thank you very much!" :D

Michele Hawkins
Aug 19th, 2006, 11:25:52 AM
My eyes pass between the two and I realize I was missing something. "What so special about that wine?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 19th, 2006, 11:39:08 AM
"It's a Claret." she replied, handing the bottle back to Michele to show her the year. She looked over at Mrs. Ceffaclio.

"Shall we open it? The occasion is quite special I think."

:: She flashed a quick grin to Michele and hopped back into the kitchen to carve the turkey ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 19th, 2006, 11:45:40 AM
I'll say, tho Mrs. Ceffaclio doesn't realize quite how special yet.

"You mind? I'll fetch some glasses." I hand the bottle to her.

"Oh not at all." She went into the kitchen to fine the bottle opener and I grabbed the wine glasses off the table.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 19th, 2006, 11:52:16 AM
:: A moment later, the dinner was served. Turkey, mashed potatoes, two kinds of dressing, (one with cornbread & sausage and one with spiced apples) yams, and Fiona's very own cranberry sauce. Fiona led the grace with a holding of hands, and then a toast to friendship ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 19th, 2006, 12:12:32 PM
I know some families are blessed (or cursed depending on who you talk to) with having so many people around them during the holiday. But there's also something about spending time with the people that matter to you the most that makes the holiday special.

I'm sitting here with only two people but they are the two most important people in my life. Mrs. Ceffaclio is my sounding board and my encouragement and knows I can become something amazing with my gift of music. College hasn't been an easy transition for me, but she has helped me to build up my academic confidence (although admittedly slowly).

Then of course there's Fiona. From insane acquaintance, to boss, to friend and now lover, she's shown me that it's okay to open up and to not be afraid of being who I am. She just makes me feel so happy and I love her deeply for it. She's my reason to wake up in the morning. I just hope that we're not rushing into things between us so quickly. Things sorta did just fall into place, but it was like I blinked and we were in bed together.

I raise my glass and we clink our glasses together after Fiona's toast. My focus remains on her while we partake of the wine (which is amazing by the way). I can't remember a time after my mother's death when I felt so happy and content. Not even with Amy back in High School. I just guess that time will tell if we're truly meant for each other or not. I just hope at the same time next year, her and I will be sitting at this table celebrating Christmas again. That would be the present I would wish for.