PDA

View Full Version : Two Pair (Dal)

Nathanial K'cansce
Aug 13th, 2006, 09:48:55 AM
Nathan sat in one of his cushioned, armed chairs in his living quarters in Iziz city. The place was freshly cleaned, everything orderly. Expensive ale sat in a chilled cooler, which sat on a coffee table in the middle of the room. On the other side was another chair, much like Nate’s own only in a different color.

The other day, a letter had been pinned to his front door, requesting a meeting with General DeSang. Nate had met the man once, upon his first visit to Onderon in an interrogation style setting negotiating trade terms and all the little details. Other than that, he had seen him here and there, as well as one of the men at the Ball (or so he thought that was the General), but their paths had never really crossed since.

He wondered to himself ever since receiving the letter what the General could want, and why would he call for such a private meeting? Letting out a quiet sigh, Nate heard a knock at his front door. A glance at his chrono on the wall told him the General was on time. Getting up, he walked to the door, and opened it.

"General," Nate said, bowing his head and stepping back to allow DeSang into his home. "It's an honor. Please, come in. Sit. Some ale?"

General Devious
Aug 13th, 2006, 07:34:22 PM
"General, It's an honor. Please, come in. Sit. Some ale?"

Dalamar nodded. "Thank you Blood wine if you have it. The Vampyre continued. "Nathanial I'll be brief. I have been watching you do buisness and have found you to be shrewd. I would like to take you before the Queen and offer you up as another advisor."

"I have my reasons for doing this other than your wisdom. Would you be interested in hearing more?"

Nathanial K'cansce
Aug 13th, 2006, 09:05:07 PM
"I would."

The General was to the point. Nate closed the door behind DeSang and walked to the kitchenette. In the cupboard above the sink was a stock of vintage spirits. A fine Blood Wine aged appropriately was hidden behind two other bottles of wine. He took it into the living room.

After he poured the General's wine, he poured some of his own ale into the second glass and took his seat opposite DeSang. He wished Nate to become an advisor to the Queen on her court? A very enticing offer, indeed.

"Continue, please," Nate said, sipping his ale.

Dalamar DeSang
Aug 15th, 2006, 10:04:35 PM
"Very Well. There is a certain man that I am sure you have heard of his name is Salem Ave." Dalamar paused long enough to make sure that Nathan reconized the name. "I have suspicions about his motives and about his intentions toward the Queen. The reason I have chosen you is because you are an outsider relatively unknown on Onderon until recently. If I do this for you, you will receive a large stipend of cash, notoriety and respect not to mention power."

"I cannot always be around when Salem is 'advising' the Queen. All I ask in return for this favor is your absolute loyalty to me. I want someone close to Araudia that I can be sure of. So first I will ask do you agree? And If so do you have any questions?"

Nathanial K'cansce
Aug 16th, 2006, 05:37:44 PM
K'cansce took it all in, noting the man named Salem Ave. Yes, he had heard of him. Probably even saw him around here and there, fleeting glances. Was he at the Ball? Probably.

Oh wait. Didn't he just give that public address regarding more security and the witch-hunt for the assassins? Yea, that was him.

Nate listened to what DeSang had to say, taking everything while he sipped his ale behind an almost unreadable visage. It was a very enticing offer. More wealth, stronger namesake, more power. Perhaps too much power for a man relatively new to the planet. Perhaps things were moving too quickly?

And absolutely loyalty to the General? That'd be hard.

After a few moments of silence, Nate spoke.

"To what ends will I advise the Queen? Anything that goes against Ave? Or guide her towards your end goals?"

He set down his glass of half finished ale, then continued.

"I try to be a man of morality, General." Lie.

"Though every man has his price." Truth. And the price tag that he gave, so far, was good.

Dalamar DeSang
Aug 16th, 2006, 08:20:51 PM
"To what ends will I advise the Queen? Anything that goes against Ave? Or guide her towards your end goals?
I try to be a man of morality, General."

"No, not at all the Queen is not Salems patsy. Nor are you to sway her for me. She is the Queen she rule's and we follow her command. I just want someone there who is loyal to me and has Araudia and Onderons best interests at heart. Someone to report to me Salems activities. Also I truly want you to advise her. You have made leaps here on Onderon and your financial advise could help the State. Finnally I do demand loyalty to me the Queen and Onderon in that order. I will require a blood oath for everything worth doing is always done in blood. Do we have a deal?"

The General liked Nathaniel but if he did not agree he would have to find another. He had no room for doubt in the coming days and he would have to do what he had to.

Nathanial K'cansce
Aug 16th, 2006, 10:50:45 PM
"Hmm..." He thought about it for another moment. Nate also noticed this man's small obsession with blood. First the blood wine, and now a blood oath. Smiling, Nate sat forward.

"We have a deal."

General Devious
Aug 17th, 2006, 09:58:23 PM
The General smiled. "Good, very good." The General removed his black leather glove pulled out his small silver dagger.

"It is agreed." He grabbed the blade and with a quick jerk he pulled the blade across his palm. Wiping the dagger he handed it to Nathan as he did he spoke. "On pain of death I give my Oath to do as I have said." The knife hovered as DeSang waited for Nathan to complete the ritual.

Nathanial K'cansce
Aug 17th, 2006, 11:13:06 PM
Nathan took the dagger by the hilt, turning the blade over in his hands as he looked at both sides. Well, here goes nothing. He drew it across the palm of his other hand, grimacing slightly. Extending his bloody hand, he gripped the General's, completing the blood oath.

"Ditto."

Nate smiled. Though a little part of him felt as if he sold his soul, he knew it was the right choice.

Dalamar DeSang
Aug 18th, 2006, 12:44:33 AM
"It is done. I will propose you to the Queen tomorrow. And Nathan, good luck. I think you will find Onderon very much to your liking."

The General set a small datapad down on the table as he was leaving. "This will give you access, press your thumb here." Nathan complied. His thumb still a little bloody so that the machine also recorded his DNA. Apparently there was more than one reason for the Blood Oath.

Wiping the scanner he placed his own DNA on to the pad confirming his authority and rank.

"You now have Quarters at the Castle ask the help and they will direct you. You also will have an annual stipend, your own vehicle, and your own office. You also have a travel allowance. Your iternary will be in your quarters and you will start next week. Do you have any questions?"

Nathanial K'cansce
Aug 18th, 2006, 08:57:24 PM
"So, I have to move in, huh?" he asked after everything was said and done. At least he would have a nice summer home to come to whenever he got a free moment between his new post in the Government and his trade duties.

Something told Nathan that he wouldn't have much free time anymore.

"No more questions. At least yet, heh."

Her stood, smiling. His palm had stopped bleeding, but he would need to bandage it soon. Also, he had a sort of dread at the data-recorder the General had used. It had to have had some form of fingerprint or DNA recorder into it, or else why would the General need to press his own thumb into it to accept the changes made in its system. If it held a DNA sampler, and if they had the right tools, they would know that Nathan is a Force user. How powerful the detection was would have been anybodies guess.

Oh well. It could either be a blessing or a disaster. Either way, it'd give some life to his daily routine.

"Thank you, General," he said, walking the other to the door and opening it. "I'll see you tomorrow. May this be the start of a prosperous partnership between the two of us."