PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Questions

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 12th, 2006, 08:10:36 AM
Yep, no Masters.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Aug 12th, 2006, 08:29:09 AM
Through the course of RP ... hoping to have Lianna become a Master. I have an idea that deals with her confronting Miranda and a little talk with Serana :mischief

not sure how long it will take. depends on when Lil wants to do 'something'

;)

Ira Yahff
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:05:38 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Yep, no Masters.

Wow. The Jedi are weaklings :), j/p. Atleast Jehkran's not weak...

Hehe. But it's awkward to not have a Jedi Master to look over when we eventaully get assembled. Long road, but still, that is the ultimate goal...right?

Lianna Mal Pannis
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:11:14 PM
Keep in mind alot of Jedi Masters, if not ALL, were killed :p it will take time and as I said, I am working towards having Lianna become a Master after some planning.

Becoming a Master needs to make sense and isn't a rank easily bestowed upon, especially in the current timeline.

The Jedi Knights were just as valued as leaders even in the Old Republic, eventually having one on the Council. Before the reset, we have Knights and Masters on the Council so it really isn't awkward.

Ira Yahff
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:20:02 PM
Oh, okay. Just wondering.

:)

Lianna Mal Pannis
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:21:22 PM
=^_^=

Rev Solomon
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:10:25 PM
How are we handling the promotion to Knight? Solomon was a Padawan at the time of the Purge receiving training as a Guardian, but since then he's been developing new skills, mainly in sense and support. He's also become far more patient and mature, such that he'd be likely to adopt a role of leadership among younger Force-users. So he certainly hasn't been named a Knight, but Padawan may be misleading in his case.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:11:40 PM
read here

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40554

Ridwan Vars
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:21:22 PM
Originally posted by Lianna Mal Pannis
read here

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40554

So, is it possible that you would be trained by another Padawan?

Lianna Mal Pannis
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:28:25 PM
Honestly... no. You can learn together but a Padawan cannot train another fully or teach them what it means to be a Jedi.

A few abilities sure but just a stepping stone to a 'much larger world' ;)

My opinion :)

Ira Yahff
Aug 12th, 2006, 04:20:29 PM
If that is true, then is there even a possibility to ever become anything more than a Padawan without a Jedi Knight to teach you?

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 12th, 2006, 04:21:50 PM
It would be pretty difficult, near impossible. You would need to have some kind of Jedi Holocron, I guess, and they aren't exactly easy to come by.

Ira Yahff
Aug 12th, 2006, 04:24:16 PM
Then the character would be subjected for a ranking or status as a Padawan forever?

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 12th, 2006, 04:57:46 PM
Realistically, yes.

However... right now there aren't a huge amount of Padawans in relation to Knights. It should be fairly easy for a Padawan to find someone to train them.

Ira Yahff
Aug 12th, 2006, 05:51:23 PM
Well at this point my character is under the guide of another Padawan, but I dont know if exactly I'll be ever to realistically take under another Jedi Knights guide with the few that are being so preoccupied with numerous other Padawan.

Serena has two.
I'm not sure about s'l but she seems like she'll eventually take James Prent under her wing.

Everyone else is out of Jehkran's realistic grasp.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 12th, 2006, 06:03:45 PM
There are only a few more Padawans than Knights. I'm sure with a bit of planning and discussion you would be able to find a way for your character to find a Knight. Of course it might take some time, In Character, for you to find them... but then that is what would more than likely happen in a timeline like ours.

Terran Starek
Aug 15th, 2006, 03:32:17 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but training would be a big deal. After all, we're talking about the remnant of Jedi left. I mean, it's not like Jedi are starting dojos all over the galaxy!

Terran is back, but he's looking for the Jedi still. He doesn't know or understand his role as of yet. He was in the process of knighthood when he *I* went absent, so I'm not sure where he stands.

Ira Yahff
Aug 15th, 2006, 03:39:39 PM
Well. Hmm, from the other ones that are standing on the fence before the reset it seemed they had to do a few thread or so until they were considered Jedi Knight in a sense.

I remember Kyle Krogen going through a small process until he was a Jedi Knight. I'd say wait a little while before a stance as a Jedi Knight is made.

:)

PS: Nice Avatar by the way :p

Serena Laran
Aug 15th, 2006, 04:44:41 PM
Remember, those Jedi who had knight status before the reset can come back as Knights without needing promotion.

Kyle did a few threads and he was <a href=http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40345>granted promotion</a> by the Enclave OOC, so the same would apply to you Terran.

Terran Starek
Aug 15th, 2006, 04:59:09 PM
Cool. I'll post and see what kind of response I get. Thanks. :)

Serena Laran
Aug 15th, 2006, 05:02:02 PM
Oh my, your CT should be changed. :lol

Lianna Mal Pannis
Aug 15th, 2006, 05:33:16 PM
oh I fixed it :mischief

Serena Laran
Aug 15th, 2006, 05:35:10 PM
:lol Fantastic. :D

Terran Starek
Aug 15th, 2006, 08:48:37 PM
Hahahah! :lol

Thanks for the fix. That other one was Marcus' design. :) I like this one better.