PDA

View Full Version : Fire Bombs: Chicago Twilight

Jason Dreggs
Aug 10th, 2006, 06:45:25 PM
Jason stood outside a bar on the streets of Chicago. His eyes where flashing with a bit off fury as he watched the Bar burn to the ground. The Bar was called the Last Resort an anarch hang out. A few moments’ earlier the Bar had been engulfed in drinking and good conversation and with in an instant that fun turned into chaos. Jason held the beer in his hand that he had left the bar with.

His own Blood stained his face and shirt. In the Chaos and confusion he had been hit a by a few people. The Brujah now just looked at the bar burning fury and sadness in his eyes oblivious to his open wound on his forehead. He wanted to know who did this and why so many fellow Anarchs had to die in the flames. Jason lifted his Beer and saluted the Bar.

"Here's to all you chums who didn't make it out. May god forgive you for your curse and crimes." Jason spoke silently to himself.

Charlene Briggs
Aug 17th, 2006, 12:25:26 PM
One Hour Earlier

It was your usual night here at the Last Resort. Every night was packed full of thirsty patrons, even though our bar was small. I'm surprised the Fire Marshall hasn't fined my boss for exceeding the capacity limits. We're always over capacity, usually by 25%. I mean, what the hell are we to do if a fire broke out? We'd be screwed.

"Hey, Charlene."

That sickenly slimly voice belongs to Carl. He's been trying to knock boots with me since I started working here four months ago. He wasn't bad looking, and I might have considered it if not for the foul things that flung from his mouth. The man was disgusting and some nights I have to hear in enormous amount of detail of what he would like to do to me. I take it in stride. I've heard worse coming out of these drunkards and just go with the flow. I've been bartending for three years now to try and save up for school, so believe me when I say I've seen every kinda drunk idiot that exist.

I smile and flip two cold bottles of Miller's onto the napkins in front of him. "Usual Carl?" I crack them open as he places the money in my hand.

"See, that's why I love seeing you, Charlie. You always know how to treat me right."

"You mean any man right." Hah. That's Bill. He's one of our biker patrons and treats me like a daughter. Another reason I don't mind Carl. One time the idiot got so drunk that he went to make a grab for me. Bill proceeded to smash him over the head with his large fist, and knocked him out cold. Bill is my hero.

Carl smartly decided to leave for another table and Bill slid onto the stool as replacement. I throw down a shot of Jack for him and me and we enjoy the silence.

Jason Dreggs
Aug 17th, 2006, 01:08:10 PM
Jason pulled the drunk off him that was hugging him at the front door to the bar. The drunk was mumbling something about the sky was falling and blood dripping from the bear’s teeth. Jason knew the drunk he was often used for feeding due to the fact he was always drunk. His name was Merc an older man who had nothing let to live for so drowned himself in the bottle every night.

"It will be alright Merc, go home and sleep it off."

The old man wiped away his tear filled eyes and nodded to Jason. Jason had only seen the man a few times and already he was hugging him and crying on his shoulder. Jason laughed at that as Merc staggered home and he walked into the packed bar. Jason made his way to the bar nodding his hellos to the few faces he saw that he recognized.

Jason hadn't been to this bar in week’s cause he was busy man dealing with the camarilla and a few rambunctious Anarks. Jason made his way up to the bar struggling through the crowd the majority of the people where from his own clan like normal. Jason pulled up to the bar finally right between bill and Carl. He patted Bill on the shoulder and smiled a cocky head nod to Carl. He spoke with a slight Americanized English accent.

"So who’s tab do I charge my drinks to tonight? Perhaps the old softy Bill or the ever smooth Carl."

Of course Jason was joking to both men. Carl was of course a venture who had lost his position in his master’s eyes and now hung out with the anarks cause he thought it made him look cool. He wasn't a bad guy just a little over ambitious and thought he was gods gift to women. Bill was a Brujah like Jason, an old soul who had a soft heart but you didn't want to get him angry.

Charlene Briggs
Aug 17th, 2006, 01:25:31 PM
I sorta recognize this guy but can't remember his name. I do know he's a regular here but mainly likes to gamble upstairs. No warning sounds are going off in my head so I think he's okay.

Bill just laughed. Which means I was right. This guy was okay. Bill only laughs for two reasons. Because he likes ya or because he's gonna punch your face in. "Nice Jason. Where the hell have ya been?"

I'm sorting through some glasses, cleaning them up for the next rush as he sits down. "What'll ya have?"

Jason Dreggs
Aug 17th, 2006, 02:05:47 PM
"I've been doing the business I was sent here to do mostly. My father was in town last week so I had to go those bars where I could look like an upstanding citizen."

The business he was referring to was dealings with the Camarilla which bill knew Jason didn't like very well. Actually both parts of what he had been up two he didn't like to well. His father was the worse to deal with then the Cami's. Yet both had their extreme arrogance to guide them through life.

"I'll have what ever hog vomit constitutes as Beer around here."

Jason demeanor was not serious as his words may imply. He always referred to American beer as Hog Vomit was. He looked at Charlene with a smile.

Bill: "He means he will have Bud. Don't mind my friend here Charlene he grew up in a life of privilege and doesn't quite understand the finer things in life like a good old American Beer."

"I'm just glad to see a pretty face it would suck to have to look at Bill and Carl all night."

Jason ignored bills comment about the finer things in life. Carl was being rather quite though which surprised Jason a bit usually Carl couldn't keep his mouth shut for a second.

Charlene Briggs
Aug 17th, 2006, 02:19:01 PM
Carl just sulked at this table and continued to leave us alone. Odd for him but I was grateful. Might mean I get a quiet night.

"Well, just for you good sir," yeah I'm joking but maybe I'm trying to see what buttons this guy has as I try to emulate a better British accent then him. "But we have the finest swill in all of Chicago. So drink it and like it."

I give him a wink and set down a glass of what we have on tap tonight. "I think his majesty prefers the glass, no?"

Bill just busts out laughing and slapped the guy on the back. At that point a few more customers come in and push their way through to get an order. Three beers, a rum and coke, three shots of Absolut. How anyone can drink that nasty gasoline crap is beyond me and I swear if either of these losers to the 'Would you like some Russian in ya?' joke I might have to bust heads.

Jason Dreggs
Aug 17th, 2006, 03:07:11 PM
"No I will drink out of bottles, glasses are just distinguished." Jason said with a chuckle.

"You almost sound like my Father when you said swill in all of Chicago. Not bad but you really need to work on your accent."

Jason gave a wink to Charlene as he took a gulp of his beer. That’s when Carl finally chimed in.

Carl: "Don't let Jason’s accent fool you his mother was American. A model from New York I believe. So is quite the English gentle man he plays himself to be."

"She was a stage actress thank you very much. Still being half an English gentleman is more then you will ever be Carl."

Bill just laughed liked usual when Carl tried to make himself out to be better then Jason. It was a more common occurrence then most would think. Jason and Carl going back and forth about who was better and at what. Jason turned back to Charlene just as one of the Russians chimed in.

"Would you like some Russian in ya?"

Charlene Briggs
Aug 17th, 2006, 03:13:02 PM
I laugh huskily as if I was really considering that line. "Well it really depends on which one of you wants me badly enough."

The three of them scooted closer but I was really focused on the one that made the obnoxious comment. I slide my fingers through his hair softly and with a maniacal grin, I grab the back of his head and slam it against the counter. His other two friends back away as he flops to the ground. Me? I just push the tray of drinks forward and smile sweetly. “Drinks are on me.”

Bill and Carl crack up. They've seen me do this before to newcomers that wanna hit on me. So I hit back and made sure to establish dominance. I don't know what it is about this bar that forces me to do this more often then not. I mean, I've worked frisky crowds but this one requires a physical touch to prove a point.

Jason Dreggs
Aug 17th, 2006, 04:39:52 PM
Jason just stared for a moment at the brute force the woman used. He was impressed to say the least by her tact. She definitely knew how to take care of herself that was clear. Jason also made note not to make her mad.

"Well I guess she showed him?"

Bill: "She sure did boy, you impressed?"

Bill Chuckled after his question which made Jason laugh a bit although his laugh had bit more of a frightened tone to it. This woman almost reminded him of that one he met back in the pub all those years ago. Although she was a patron and not the Tender.

"I think I may be smitten Bill. Sooo. Um Charlene you originally from Chicago?"

Jason felt dumb for asking but heck he really didn't know what else to say after her blatant aggression towards the patron and he certainly didn't want to be next in line.

Charlene Briggs
Aug 17th, 2006, 05:02:04 PM
Oh good lord. I roll my eyes, but I'm laughing. Poor guy was shaken up by my hostilities. Good.

"Born and raised," I say as Bruno, one of our bouncers picks Russian off the ground and sits him at a table. "Ain't I lucky?"

I saw Carl staring to open his mouth but I point the soda gun at him and he thinks otherwise.

Jason Dreggs
Aug 24th, 2006, 02:40:37 PM
Jason eyed Carl wondering what he had to say but it didn't last long and his attention went back to Charlene. She was better to look at then Carl anyway.

"I don't know if you’re lucky. I much prefer London, also New York if I have to be in America."

It wasn't that Jason hated this city it's just he was raised primarily in Britain with occasional trips to New York as a kid. America in general bothered him a bit.

Bill: “London I think I heard about that place once, heard it rains allot there sounds kind of depressing to me."

Of course Bill was joking about only hearing of London once but not the depressing part. Actually Jason was sure Bill had been there once or twice in his lifetime, bill was pretty old.

"Yup that would be the place Bill but at least it's cleaner then this city. You ever been outside the great state of Illinois Charlene?"

Bill: "Well Chicago has to be allot better then Egypt?"

Bill made the last statement referring to where Jason had last been stationed. He was right for the most part but Alexandria had become a home of sorts for Jason while he was there. Chicago more then likely would with time. Jason's question to Charlene came out a bit condescending but Jason found most Americans rarely got out much and saw the world.

Charlene Briggs
Aug 25th, 2006, 04:24:58 PM
"Well, the plebian that is myself has never been outside the humble walls of Chicago. I'm not as great as the fancy smancy world traveler you are Jason. And Egypt?" I let out a nice long exaggerated whistle of appreciation. "Those pyramids as great as everyone makes it out to be?"

"Bah! All it is, is a bunch of sand and rock stacked really neatly." Carl seemed to be bitter about Jason. Not sure why but he's trying too hard to knock the guy down some pegs. "They're just big structures for over inflated ego of kings."

Bill laughed. "Yeah, let's not forget they used math and all that smart stuff to even do it ya idiot."

Jason Dreggs
Aug 26th, 2006, 07:55:20 AM
"Yeah Egypt, the great city of Alexandria mostly. I was there on business for well about twelve years before I got transferred here to Chicago."

Most people would look at Jason and say he couldn't be much over the age of twenty but in human years he would be thirty-one in September.

"As for pyramids I prefer to see them by moonlight it enhances there magnificent. Although in my twelve years there I only got to see them twice.

As for you Carl you better learn to hold that tongue of yours call them rocks might just get you killed by the...."

Jason cut his statement short remembering even though the bar was mostly inhabited by his kind there where still normal people around. Most wouldn't understand or would call you crazy if you told them you where a vampire and you where fighting age-old wars. Carl growled at Jason hoping he would catch him slip the words so he could turn Jason in for break a rule of the masquerade.

Bill:" Bet you got allot of sand in strange places too."

"You wouldn't believe where sand can crawl if I told you Bill."

Charlene Briggs
Aug 26th, 2006, 08:08:07 AM
"Twelve years on business?" What does he think; I'm some kinda idiot? He looks about as old as me. What was he doing? Filing papers with his old man's secretary so he didn't have to babysit? "You look barely old enough to drink."

Jason Dreggs
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:40:47 PM
Jason smiled and chuckled a bit at her as she questioned his age. He then reached into his back pocket and pulled out his ID and set it on the counter. The birthday read September sixteenth nineteen seventy-five.

"I just look good for my age."

Bill: "Must have been all that rich lazy living. You don't age if you don't have to endure hard work."

Jason again chuckled at bills statement as well for the most part allot of rich people didn't seem to age. Jason’s father being one of those lucky rich people although his father had a few surgeries to keep his younger appearance.

Carl: "Nah Jason has just had allot of plastic surgery, underneath it all he is an ugly old man trying to hit on chicks half his age."

"Now Carl don't be bitter cause I look better then you. As for what I do and was doing in Egypt, I'm mediator and negotiator for a couple of organizations. Depends on which one is willing to pay more for my services. I look over union demands and such, trying to make compromises that both work and business will be happy with and such. Boring work mostly and very cut throat job."

Carl: "Yeah why don't you just tell us how many people want you dead for screwing them over?"

Charlene Briggs
Aug 26th, 2006, 01:46:58 PM
"Carl, Carl, Carl. When are you going to learn that talking nasty to people doesn't turn me on?" I wish he would shut up. I'm really sick of him tonight. He seems more belligerent then usual.

"When you decide to go out with me." Well, I set myself up for that one didn't I?

I ignore the pathetic twit. "Eh, still. Traveling has to be fun regardless of work. You'd have to have some fun. Can't be all work?"

The door chimes signal more patrons are here. "Hold that answer," I give Jason and Bill a charming smile and go see what my new customers want to wet their whistle with.

Jason Dreggs
Aug 30th, 2006, 06:54:09 AM
Jason was about to speak when she cut him off to go help so other customers. One of those eerie silences sort of befell the bar for a moment one that isn't really noticeable unless you point it out. Jason stood there just about to say something to bill then all hell broke loose in the bar.

Through the front windows came flying moltive cotails, six by Jason’s first count. Jason saw them come as if it where almost in slow motion but he couldn't move to stop them. One smashed into the side of the Jukebox just above the electrical outlet. Another slammed into a table where several patrons where conversing.

The third to Jason’s surprise smashed into the bar just a few feet to the left of him. The fourth just rolled in through the window catching the horrible wallpaper on the way down on fire. The fifth hit one of the Russians in the head and caught his clothing on fire. The sixth hit the back of the bar smashing against the all the other liquors standing there. Jason stood for a moment caught off guard by the flames unable to do a thing.

Charlene Briggs
Sep 2nd, 2006, 07:45:51 PM
Fear usually doesn't grip me. I can handle almost any situation that comes my way ... But when molotov cocktails start flinging my way, I freak just like anyone else.

"HOLY SH-!!!"

I can't even finish. I'm ducking the bottle flying over my head and hear it crash against the back wall. Oh no! All the liquor!!

Then boom! I hear bottles breaking and a big surge of heat pass over me as the wall explodes, knocking me into the bar counter. Course, that's when everything goes dark too ...

Jason Dreggs
Sep 7th, 2006, 07:12:51 PM
It was so quick and so full of chaos Jason Barely had time to react. Some of his kin where petrified not able to react. The few humans in the bar where down on there knees praying to what ever god they believed in and only a few where actually running for the door. Jason snapped out of his daze quickly though as he saw a few of his kin starting to use their abilities to react.

The world went around a thousand times in that instant as Jason used Celerity to speed himself up to ungodly speed. He jumped behind the bar where the flames where sparking at him. He grabbed the fallen Charlene and jumped up on the bar with her in his arms. He dashed for the door with out a second thought something in his mind just said save the girl and as many people as you can. Through the door he went fast as lighting as he came through the door smoke poured out he set her down across the street from the burning building.

In the cold night all signs of the attackers had vanished who ever they where they did it quick. Which made Jason think it was a purposeful hit on the bar. Jason left Charlene there on the ground as he went back for the building and entered. He was gonna save as many people as he could.

Jason Dreggs
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:18:54 AM
Jason entered the burning bar as soon as he did a fist slammed into his face from a man trying to fight his way out of the bar. It was one of the Russians he saw earlier in the night. The slam to the face knocked him back and busted an opening in his skin just above his brow. With out a thought Jason threw the man through the open door and continued on his crusade to save who ever he could.

The visibility was ruff and even though the bar was burning people inside where fighting each other to get out the door. One person even pulled out a gun and shot the person next to him in the head. The blood splattered on Jason’s clothing and he moved on not willing to help those who would kill others just to live. He passed by where Carl was sitting nothing more then ashes now from the fire that had engulfed him and his table. Jason then grabbed the two closest people he could a man and a woman huddling in fear of there eminent death.

He scrambled for the door with his unnatural speed getting hit more then a few times by falling debris and fellow people fighting for life. Jason came bursting through the door with the two people he cared and five others who reached the door before him. In a quick head count eleven people survived not counting him. Half mortal half vampire like him and one extra Mortal Charlene the bartender.

Jason set down the two he saved by Charlene. The woman was still conscious and confused by what had just happened in the bar. He looked at her and spoke.

"You alright?" She nodded. " Good take care of the bartender here and make sure she is alright."

Woman: "where are you going?"

"I'm going back in there are more people in there."

Woman: "Are you nuts that place is gone and so are the people left in there."

"Maybe I am, but the people that did this where after me so I feel responsible."

Woman: "Even if that is the case you won't find redemption in there."

Jason ignored the woman as he stepped towards the burning building stopping half way there as the building doorway collapsed on itself. The rain began to pour down as the building started to collapse fully. The rage set in his eyes blood covered and stained was his face and shirt. To many good people died that night and for what better reason then to try and kill Jason Dreggs. Vengeance would not come swift enough to those that did this. Sirens where heard screeching down the street as tears rolled down Jason’s face.

Charlene Briggs
Sep 16th, 2006, 10:28:20 AM
beep ... beep ...

Uuuuuuuuugh. What the hell happened? I feel like someone whacked me over the head with a two by four.

... beep ... beep ...

Why the hell does my tongue feel like a dry sponge?

... beep ... beep ... beep

And why the hell won't that ... that ... whateveritis stop beeping!!!

beep .. beep .. beep

Joy now it's beeping faster. I tear my eyes open and try to sit up right in bed but gasp in utter pain as everything hurts. Then a lovely coughing jag starts. My eyes opened up long enough to realize I'm in a hospital but I don't remember coming here. Last thing I remember is ...

"The bar!!!"

Oh my god! Someone was beginning to light that place on fire. The alcohol got hit and then there was an explosion ...

Jason Dreggs
Sep 21st, 2006, 03:43:43 PM
A soft voice came from the side of Charlene it was the voice of Jason Dreggs. He wasn't supposed to be into he room but how could they stop a man filled with rage and fury. How could they stop someone who was more then a man now. His speak was slow and soft into Charlene's ear. It could be heard clear over the annoying beeping sound in the background.

"It will be alright Charlene Briggs, you survived. You escaped the fire and went unconscious soon after. Probably due to smoke inhalation or adrenaline overload."

He couldn't tell her that he was her savior it would raise to many questions he wasn't willing to answer. Most of his marks and cuts where already gone that was hard enough to explain. He had told the doctors he had left the bar just before the fire started. Also that he had seen the car pass by throwing firebombs but he was a bit to inebriated to remember much more then that. All the people who had seen him in the bar and saving them where already thinking mistaken Identity. Or maybe they where just confused and had seen him outside helping the wounded.

"I just thought I would tell you Bill and Carl didn't make it. I also want to apologize those people where after me and they killed allot of people because of me. It's my entire fault but I will get who ever did this back I promise you. Maybe you will be able to forgive me someday."

Jason petted Charlene's hair he hated seeing a person he barely knew in a hospital because of him. Tears where rolling down his cheeks and he refused to force them back. He truly was in a sad state at that moment.

"I will give you a gift now it doesn't need to be repaid. It is for forgiveness of my sins that have passed onto you."

With that Jason pulled out a small jack knife and pulled back his right sleeve. He cut his wrist and then opens the ive and squeezed out a drop. Only a drop because the blood of a vampire was like a drug to mortals too much and they where addicted becoming ghouls. Jason did not want a ghoul he wanted Charlene to heal faster and become her vibrant self again. With the blood drop in the ive Jason issued his one command into Charlene's mind so she wouldn't remember the blood.

"....Forget...."