PDA

View Full Version : [WoD] Abounding Coincidences - The Masquerade

Fiona Devlin
Aug 10th, 2006, 04:40:46 PM
KINGSTON MINES BLUES CLUB
N. HALSTED ST.
FRIDAY 9:35 P.M.

:: It had been one week since Fiona hired her new friend and the music had just kicked off the first set of the night. The house was packed and Fiona basked in the atmosphere from behind the bar ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 10th, 2006, 04:55:02 PM
I slap three orders on the counter at Bill, one of the bartenders of the club. "I need three Killians, a Bloody Mary and a Long Island Iced Tea for tables five eight and booth three."

"You got it Michele." He winked and flipped the bottle in his hand like a pro, topping off the margarita he was making. "I'll get Deb to bring them over."

I smile and say thanks. Since I'm not legal, I can't serve alcohol but I can take the orders. My main purpose is to feed all the hungry bellies in a timely manner, which was a disaster the first day while Fiona was training me. Balancing lots of plates on one small tray is truly an art.... An art that ended up on the floor several times. At least it happened in the back by the kitchen but there were loud jeers coming from the main room that made me feel dumb.

Fiona was great tho and very encouraging as always. She took me in the back and let me do a few practice runs that help build up my confidence.

Now? Hell, I'm running around like I've been working here for months. It was easy to memorize the floor pattern and seating arrangements. I just thought of them like music notes to remember them faster and each night, Fiona gives me extra tables since she can see that I'm handling myself well.

What's really funny is I have a regular customer! He's here every night and sits at the same table close by the stage. No idea what his name is but that Bloody Mary that I ordered was for him, same drink he orders every night. He's a refined fellow, smells of money with those expensive suits he wears. His brown hair is cut perfectly short and has a handsome face. The most odd characteristic about him is his accent. Like Fiona, I can't place it. Sounds eastern European. Anyway, he leaves me really nice tips so I'm happy whether he has a crush or not.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 10th, 2006, 06:27:10 PM
:: Fiona's eyes narrow a bit as she spies Miklos charming Michele again. Kindred were of course, always welcome in her place. As long as they followed her rules. If they were looking for blood dolls, they weren't welcome.

Miklos she knew too well. He was a gentleman, but once he fixated on something, or someone, it became his passion. She played it cool for now, but planned on having a little talk with the Toreador after Michele went home ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 10th, 2006, 06:38:06 PM
"Okay, so that was half a slab of ribs with a side of mushrooms, a BBQ sandwich, Chi-town hotdog, and a blackened catfish salad." I blow the bangs outta my face and rest the side of the tray against the table with a big smile to my customers. "Anything else you folks want?"

They were already digging in but one of them managed a no thanks. Too funny.

On my way back my suit flagged me. He never ate anything and his glass was still plenty full so I wasn't sure what he wanted besides a set of napkins or something. "What can I do for you?"

"I remember you now." I blinked in confusion since I have no idea who this guy is.

"Come again?"

"Northwestern. Yes?"

His smile was dashing and it made him more attractive. Wait. What the hell am I thinking that for? Ew. I crinkle my nose. "Yeah. How did you know?"

"I know a Mr. Tarchevic in the music department."

Oh my god! Small world! "Yeah. He teaches music history and composition. I don't remember you tho."

"I come and go around campus but always make it for the end of the semester recitals." He leaned closer to me since the horns were going loud now. "You play beautifully. A talent like yours doesn't come often in lifetimes."

Aaaaah. Now it makes more sense. Seems not only do I have a customer but a fan ...

Fiona Devlin
Aug 10th, 2006, 06:51:02 PM
:: Fiona leaned on the bar, nibbling pensivley on a cinnamon stick since she couldn't hear what was being said ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 10th, 2006, 06:56:16 PM
I was too shy to comment but the suit continued to talk. Oddly, I was mesmerized by his words and listened intently.

"I do not believe the piano had the pleasure of such a lovely girl to be partnered with."

I blush.

"I am Miklos." He offered his hand and I took it to shake, but he twisted my hand around and kissed the top of it instead. I could feel myself swooning eventhough my head was telling me this was all to weird.

"Michele." I squeeze out.

"A pleasure. I am ... sorry if my presence was unnerving. I .. did not know how to talk to you at first." I finally just realized that Miklos still had my hand and I timidly pulled it away.

"I ... well. It's okay." I'm just glad he finally said something. I was getting worried but he seemed really nice...

Fiona Devlin
Aug 10th, 2006, 07:21:55 PM
:: Fiona rolled her eyes. This is how it started when he put the moves on her back in Budapest a century ago. She wondered if he was even feeding Michele the same lines ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 10th, 2006, 07:27:17 PM
"Yo, Michele!"

I blink outta my haze and I feel weird, like my head's been underwater tho my mouth is so dry. Barbara has my attention now. "Yeah?"

"Orders are up."

"Oh!" I swear under my breath. How long was I chatting for? "Sorry ..." Why am I telling HIM sorry?

Miklos waved his hand and pleasantly smiled. "We can talk later, Michele. Perhaps after your shift is over?"

"Um ... Maybe." I retreat towards the kitchen. "Depends how tired I am."

I can still feel his piercing eyes staring at me as I head into the back. As I'm getting the orders ready, I try and shake this odd grogginess away and focus on my job but my mind keeps wandering back to Miklos and if I should talk to him or not.

But then why am I thinking that? I haven't been attracted to a man since ... ever. This is all whacked out weird and it's making me batty.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 10th, 2006, 07:42:06 PM
:: Fiona walks over to Michele with a look of concern ::

"Are you feeling okay?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 10th, 2006, 07:44:07 PM
The kitchen is always running hot and I can feel some beads of sweat sticking to my forehead. I wipe them away with the back of my head as Fiona comes over.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I position the plates on two trays so I can serve the next table quickly. I smile up at her and wonder why the unhappy face. "How about you?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 10th, 2006, 07:50:16 PM
"Go take your fifteen, get some food."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 10th, 2006, 07:52:12 PM
"Huh?" I look at Fiona as if she was on crack. "I'm not due for a break for at least two hours."

I try to reassure her that I'm fine with a smile, but I can't help the odd look on my face as I turn back to setting up the trays. "I'm okay, Fiona."

Besides, I wanted to see if I could talk to Miklos again and hear what else he had to say about my piano piece from the recital.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 10th, 2006, 08:03:10 PM
:: Over at the bar, she snurches a shrimp from her plate and eats it with a look of total bliss ::

"Mmmmmm. Oh these are so good. You really should take a short break to try some."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 10th, 2006, 08:06:08 PM
My eyes grow big and my stomach grumbles for the nummies that Fiona was eating. She really knows which button to push to make me do her bidding. This is the second time she pulled the shrimp card. Of course, that was used to take me out to dinner once last week.

"Okay, okay! Sign me up for some of that!"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 10th, 2006, 08:10:55 PM
"There's a batch in the kitchen that's just been cooked." she grinned.

"And ask Andre about the creole sauce!" she called out as Michele disappeared. Her smile shifted to a growl as she turned and stalked towards Miklos.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 10th, 2006, 08:15:19 PM
"So ..." I wrap my arm around Andre's shoulder and flash him my cutest of grins. "Fiona said something about creole sauce?"

Andre laughed. "Fiona dangling shrimp in front of you again, eh?"

"Yeah." He's nice enough to load me up with some of them and slathered some of his homemade sauce on top. I popped a shrimp into his mouth. "Thanks."

I munch on one of my own as I happily exit the kitchen.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 10th, 2006, 08:20:03 PM
:: Fiona was back behind the bar, happily enjoying beer & shrimp. Miklos was nowhere to be seen ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 11th, 2006, 02:23:50 PM
With my belly full of delicious shrimp, I get back to work. Fiona was behind the bar again when I return, what do I see? More shrimp!

"Mine!" I snag one and smile. "Thanks for the fifteen."

I glance around the room to see what was going on at my tables, my normal routine when coming back from break or lunch, and notice that Miklos was gone.

"Table three left?" I say with a pout. I wanted to know more about how he and Mr. Tarchevic knew each other ...

Okay, okay. Maybe I really wanted to know more about Miklos too ...

Fiona Devlin
Aug 11th, 2006, 03:13:24 PM
"Oh yes, he got an important call about a painting he's been wanting to buy."

:: She smiled and ate another shrimp ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 11th, 2006, 03:14:41 PM
"Oh." I couldn't hide my disappointment. If things go like normal, I'll see him tomorrow night anyway.

I stole another shrimp. "Okay. Well, back to work I go then."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 11th, 2006, 03:39:39 PM
:: The rest of Michele's shift flew by, with Fiona taking the time to hop on stage and jam with the band ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 11th, 2006, 03:46:50 PM
I throw my apron inside my backpack and chuckl, thinking back to Fiona tonight. She tried to coax me to get on stage with her but I chickened out, like always. I mean I could if I wanted to. The Blues might not be my thing but there's always a way of listening to the music and picking up on a rhythm that you can just jump right into. Eh, maybe one day ...

On my way out, I poke my head inside Fiona's office to say goodnight and walk out to the bus stop.

To my surprise, Miklos was there. I go right up to him with pleasant surprise. "I thought you had to buy a painting or something?"

He laughed. "Ah yes, well everything has been taken care of and I came by to see if you wanted to have a cup of coffee with me on this frigid Chicago night." Then he smiles and his eyes were so alluring that I felt my head swimming again. "I ... couldn't wait to see you again and tomorrow doesn't come fast enough, Michele."

I don't even think about. I jump on the opportunity. "Sure!" He leads me by placing a hand on my back and we walk down the block to a coffee shop down the ways. Funny thing is, his hand doesn't leave my waist. Funnier thing is, I really don't mind.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 11th, 2006, 03:55:21 PM
:: Fiona asked Beau to keep on eye on things while she stepped out for a bit. She grabbed her coat and slipped it on as she walked out the back door ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 11th, 2006, 04:00:34 PM
"You know what?" Miklos slipped his hand around my shoulder and gently pulled me to a stop. "Why don't we go to Jade's?"

"What's there?" Jade's was a high-class cafe that was open all night long on the weekends. I've never been but heard about it.

"They have a piano there." He said matter of factly.

"Oh! Wait ..." I shy away and tuck my hair behind an ear. "I dunno ... I'm not good in front of crowds. I'm not dressed for it either."

"It would just be you, me and a scattering of people." He took my hands within his and brought them against his chin. God he was so cold! "And no one would turn you away. I won't allow it."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 11th, 2006, 04:15:59 PM
:: Fiona walked down the alleyway towards the main street when two of Miklos' ghouls blocked her path. She rolled her eyes, knowing exactly who they were ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 11th, 2006, 04:19:22 PM
I sigh, thinking it over. Miklos was handsome and spoke of money with his suit, his word usage and demeanor. Me? I have a leather jacket from the place I work, jeans and a sweatshirt and talk like a typical city girl. We were a mishmashed pair.

"Come now." Miklos lifted my chin and slowly stroked my cheek. His touch sent a shiver down my spine and it wasn't because of the weather. "You are beautiful. They will see that and listen to how talented you are. Your clothing will not matter to them."

My cheeks boil over. It was like he read my mind!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 11th, 2006, 04:30:30 PM
:: Back in the alley, the first ghoul was down, his face contorted in pain as Fiona stepped over him. A smile played about her lips as the second ghoul pulled a knife on her ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 11th, 2006, 04:36:32 PM
"Um ..." My throat is so dry now and I don't know what to say. I've never felt like this before... Well, no. That wasn't true. Of course I had. Around Fiona.

Miklos' eyes narrowed. I presume because he was waiting for an answer. "Come on."

We already crossed the street and was heading to his car and I honestly don't remember walking this far. The club was just a half a block away just a second ago. "O ... okay."

"Just a little further and then you can warm up." He pointed to a silver mercedes sedan and the headlights flashed twice.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 11th, 2006, 04:43:56 PM
:: Fiona broke out of the alleyway, leaving the second ghoul sans his right arm as she tucked her sword beneath her coat. She saw Miklos and Michele approaching his car, and her voice rang out loud and clear as she stalked towards them ::

"MIKLOS!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 11th, 2006, 04:48:13 PM
Fiona screaming breaks me outta the strange trance I was walking around in. She was fuming and coming towards us with purpose. I look over at Miklos who simply held up his hand. "Your boss doesn't seem to approve of me. I will take care of this, Michele. Wait here."

I’ve never seen her so angry like this and I’m very confused as to why. It was actually kinda irritating.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 08:39:05 AM
:: Not breaking stride as Miklos approached her, Fiona unleashed a flurry of punches, punctuated by a spinning backfist across the jaw that sent him staggering ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 12th, 2006, 09:40:15 AM
Okay. What he hell is going on??? Miklos is getting the crap beat out of him by Fiona for no reason!!!

"What are you DOING???!!!" I don't know what else to say. Fiona is scaring me. She never once hinted she could fight like that and Miklos has done nothing wrong to deserve this!

I watch him stumble backwards but he amazingly doesn't get knocked off his feet. He shook his head and actually ... laughed?

"Fiona." He spat on the ground and I saw blood. I can't believe this is happening. Why is she doing this? "I did as you asked."

What does he mean asked?

"I saw Michele outside of work." He ducked under a kick. "Not at your club as requested. You can't lord over her and you're making a terrible scene in front of her."

Okay, now I'm pissed. I'm not that stupid to put two and two together. Fiona made him leave. Grrrrr.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 09:50:15 AM
:: Fiona halted, her eyes still narrowed at Miklos ::

"Go home, Michele Hawkins."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 12th, 2006, 09:53:55 AM
Oh I don't think so Ms. Devlin. You have a lot of explaining to do. "Like hell I'm leaving!"

Miklos turned towards me and smiled appreciatively. It was short tho. His attention was mainly on Fiona. "See? You cannot make her do anything she doesn't wish. Of course, I am curious as to why you are so ... protective of the young lady."

She's insane, that's why!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 10:24:13 AM
:: Fiona's mouth curled into a sneer as she scoffed at Miklos, and walked past Michele without a word. Pulling a trashcan from a nearby alley, she hauled it up and hurled it right through the front window of the sedan, filling the front seat with garbage. She stood glaring at it, then burst into a girlish giggle as she looked at Michele ::

"Oooops." ^_^;

Michele Hawkins
Aug 12th, 2006, 10:34:55 AM
"You've gone mad!!!" I know my eyes are pleading for an explanation but I'm mostly a mixture of angry and confused.

But things get even stranger. Miklos flies over the sedan, literally. I'm talking a good three feet clearance over the hood as he tackles Fiona to the ground.

"You damnable woman! I'll kill you for that and your interference!" I stumble away from the car and hear how his voice is different. It's deep and harsh and carries a growl at the end of his sentences. He sounds more like a monster from a B movie horror flick then anything else.

In fact, as I move around to try and yell some sense at them, I notice that he doesn't just sound like a monster ... He is one!

I scream and trip over a crack in the sidewalk, sending me on my butt. Miklos has fangs!!!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 10:58:31 AM
:: Fiona laughed mockingly, squirming beneath Miklos as she hit the ground. Then she gagged as he wrapped his fingers around her throat and squeezed ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 12th, 2006, 11:07:01 AM
Ouch! My tailbone isn't the only thing killing me right now, so's my head. My temples are throbbing but even through the pain, I'm thinking a lot clearer now. I remember hearing Miklos whispering inside my head and going along with what he wanted me to do eventho I didn't want to. What the hell was he?

I hear Fiona yelp and that breaks me outta the trance further. I shake my head hard while getting to my feet. I lunge at the garbage can, grabbing it by the end and swing it out so I hit Miklos. It really wasn't pretty. It was very sloppy but I did manage to clip him on the back of the head ... but he kinda snapped his neck around and I got a really nice look at those fangs and crazed eyes.

Well ... at least I made up for my girly scream ... Eep!!!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 11:24:50 AM
:: Out of the blue, a handbag came swooping down on top of Miklos' head ::

"You leave these girls alone, you here me?!!!"

:: An elderly black woman loomed over Miklos, and she gave him another swat for good measure ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 12th, 2006, 11:31:57 AM
A bright powder blue bag smacked Miklos in the face. It was rather comical and I probably would have laughed if not for the seriousness of the situation. I watch him stand up as the flurry of handbag swats continue. He kept looking over at us but the woman wouldn't allow him to say anything every time he tried to open his mouth. I don't get it tho. He could easily have taken down that woman but he didn't lay a hand on her. Instead, he kept backpedaling.

I take the opportunity to kneel down by Fiona to see how badly she's hurt. Miklos, or whatever the hell he was, was really strong. There were bruises on her neck already. My eyes started to swell. "That bastard ..."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 11:44:58 AM
:: Fiona sat up coughing as she caught her breath. The old woman in the meantime, hurled a last warning at Miklos as he departed ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 12th, 2006, 11:47:51 AM
I rub Fiona's back to help soothe her, feeling so stupid. "I'm sorry, Fiona ...."

I didn't know what else to say. I just feel like a tool being used like that and I also should have known I could trust Fiona! But that was him making me distrust her ... Still, what the hell was up with the kung-fu? That wasn't very Fionaish.

"You two girls a'right?" Our savior returned, looking like a very concerned mother towards us. "Want me ta call an ambulance?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:00:11 PM
"I'm okay ..." Fiona replied, rising to her feet shakily. "... thank you."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:02:47 PM
"Well, you girls git on home pronto. I doubt he'll come back, but you can never tell how dumb these guys are."

I slip my arm around Fiona's waist to support her and smile at the nice old woman. "Thank you for your help. We'll get going right away."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:05:55 PM
:: Fiona leaned her head on Michele's shoulder as she whispered ::

"I'm driving you home."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:08:00 PM
For once, I didn't argue. I nodded and helped her back to the club in silence. I had so many questions but I don't think asking about Miklos the monster was a bright idea in the middle of the open streets.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:11:53 PM
:: They reached the Shelby and Fiona unlocked it, leaning over to open the passenger side as she got in ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:13:32 PM
I hopped into the car and quickly closed the door, slamming the lock down. I then reach out my hand to inspect Fiona's bruises. They hadn't turned black and blue yet but you could see the red and yellow prints of Miklos' fingers. "Are you sure you're all right?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:16:51 PM
:: A slightly angry chuckle came from Fiona as she smiled ::

"I'm fine. You?"

:: She looked at Michele with big brown eyes as she started the car ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:19:47 PM
My hand lingered on her neck, and then shoulder, longer then was necessary. It eats me up inside she got hurt because of me.

When she asks if I'm okay, I only barely hear her. I'm just a bit too lost as she stares at me with those big beautiful eyes of hers.

"Yeah," I say and let go, looking down ashamed. "Just shaken up."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:23:24 PM
"I'm sorry."

:: Her mouth fell into a pout as she drove Michele home ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:26:37 PM
I chuckle as I wipe away a tear. "You're sorry? You saved me from ... whatever the hell he was."

I mean, I think he's a Vampire but I really don't want to say that word out loud because it means that they really exist. Which is absurd.

There had to be a reasonable explanation for how fast that guy was, how he took Fiona's punches and kicks like nothing and those fangs.

Fiona Devlin Kung Fu Master makes more sense then a Vampire!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:30:24 PM
"I should have known he wouldn't give up on you so easily." she grumbled.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:32:45 PM
Now was the time for explanations, though it's still very hard for me to grasp everything that had happened tonight. "What did he want with me?"

I chew on my lip as images of being a Vampire's dinner crossed my mind. Being his blood bank was a thought that was making me sick.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:44:18 PM
"He's a Vampire." she blurted, looking Michele in the eye. There was simply no subtle way to say it.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:48:23 PM
I cross my arms and I shiver violently with fear as I sink further into the seat. The blood left my face and I was stark white. My body wasn't taking the news well at all. I felt nauseous and dizzy and was on the verge of passing out.

Martin Le Roux
Aug 12th, 2006, 01:05:48 PM
“You’re giving us a bad name.” Martin said as he closed the door behind him. Miklos had been busy putting his head back together for the past five minutes. Martin knew that glazed look.

“And that poses us a problem. We’re not even really supposed to have names. I mean, we don’t exist. Right?”

“No… but you shouldn’t remember this.” He oozed Presence. Martin walked over and kicked him in the hip and it cracked. The younger Vampire cried out.

“You idiot. Hello? Me older than you. Presence doesn’t work very well on your Elders. I would be more forgiving but I explicitly told you not to pick up any of this place’s staff. Might there have been a reason for it, besides the fact that I really like the ambiance? Maybe because owner is really smart. She’s so smart she keeps her mouth shut, as long as we leave the staff alone.”

Martin walked away for two minutes and came back with a small can of gasoline. He set it down.

“Love that scent.” Miklos looked absolutely terrified. Martin didn’t have much of a reputation beyond being nice.

“Listen: if you find a really good place to hunt, you leave the staff alone. Do you know why you do this?”

“Nn…n…no.”

“Obviously not or we would not be having this conversation. The question was rhetorical. You do it because you can come back and enjoy the ambiance. If you ever come back here, or get within 200 feet of that waitress, I will turn your sleeping spot into a green house, where your ashes will make marvelous fertilizer for my gardenias.”

Martin grabbed the gas can and walked back to his Skyline. It had Quebec plates. He needed to talk to Fiona and her stunning waitress. She needed to not remember this evening.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 02:19:01 PM
:: Fiona drove on in silence, scanning the street corners vigilantly at every red light ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 12th, 2006, 02:20:47 PM
I eventually close my eyes and try to relax on the way home. My stomach settles, but I'm a bundle of nerves.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 02:32:54 PM
:: Fiona comes to a stop outside the dorms and cuts the engine. She looked at Michele again, with a pensive frown ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 12th, 2006, 02:39:12 PM
The engine dies and I open my eyes. We're at the campus. Home sweet home. I doubt I'll be able to get sleep but I can at least lock the door and curl up in my bed to get some rest.

"Thanks for driving me home, Fiona." I unlock the door and get out. The dorm grounds are always lit up well so I know I won't have any problems getting to my room. Plus I know she'll be watching me till I get inside. Still, I’m horribly tense and scared outta my wits. I really don't want to be alone tonight.

I find some strength in me to poke my head back inside the car. I try not to look desperate. I fail. "Fiona? I ..." My heart is racing and I'm on the verge of tears again. "... Is there any way ... But if not I'd understand, especially since you're hurt but ..." Damnit get the words out. "Could you stay with me tonight?"

I probably look as pathetic as I sound :(

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 02:50:18 PM
"Aye.

:: She gets out of the car and locks it ::

"I will."

:: She whistled the pink panther theme as they walked ::

Martin Le Roux
Aug 12th, 2006, 02:55:47 PM
Fiona's phone rings.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 12th, 2006, 02:56:14 PM
I really don't get the whistling thing but Fiona is more at ease and that does help, tho not as much as knowing she'll be here tonight.

We walk up to the Jones building in relative quiet, cept for the whistling, and I punch the code into the box that gives us access to the east entrance. This time, I open the door for Fiona as I hear her cell go off.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:06:18 PM
:: Fiona flips open her cellphone ::

"Hello?"

Martin Le Roux
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:08:41 PM
"I've gotten my end cleaned up. What are we going to do about yours?" Martin sounded unusually irritated. The reasons were rather obvious.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:09:56 PM
Fiona gets calls throughout the day so a 5am one didn't surprise me. I lead us up the flight of stairs to the second floor where my room's at.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:14:10 PM
"I'll call you back in five minutes."

Martin Le Roux
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:16:50 PM
Sonofabitch.

"No, now." The phone clicked. Instead of putting the cell through the passenger window Martin ran a hand through his hair.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:22:45 PM
I push open the stairwell door and lead Fiona out into the main hallway of my floor. It was only three doors to the left so the walk was short and dead quiet. Most of my floor was home visiting family for the holidays. It was a welcomed contrast to how loud, both musically and with obnoxious college students, it got here.

I turned the doorknob and let Fiona in first. I then quickly turn on the lights and lock the door.

My room was a single. I was lucky to get it since there weren’t many on campus. Blessed scholarship. There really wasn't much to it tho. Bed, dresser, TV, and a desk. Had some posters on the wall of my favorite bands and an electronic keyboard in the corner, which was guarded by a mountain of stuffed animals. I even was able to get a small fridge in here so I could barricade myself inside when I wanted to be a hermit, which was most of the time.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:30:59 PM
:: Fiona seemed a bit restless as her eyes darted about the room ::

"I have to take this call."

:: She dialed Martin as she stepped out into the hall ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:32:43 PM
"Oh? Okay." It gave me the time needed to change outta my work clothes and into something fresh. I threw my clothes into a laundry bag and put on a clean white tank top and grey shorts. I hopped onto my bed and started flipping through channels to occupy my time till Fiona's done with her call.

Martin Le Roux
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:33:23 PM
"How is she?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:36:08 PM
"A bit shaken, but I'm taking care of it."

Martin Le Roux
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:38:49 PM
Martin used his lungs to sigh.

"How?" Fiona need to have a very good answer.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:41:46 PM
"Don't get impatient with me, Martin LeRoux. I told you, I'm taking care of it."

Martin Le Roux
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:59:52 PM
"Call me tommorow." Martin hung up. Fiona wouldn't let him down, but he needed to know the details.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 14th, 2006, 03:00:11 PM
:: She shut the phone off and stepped back into Michele's room, locking the door behind her. She hung up her coat and flopped down into a nearby beanbag chair ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 14th, 2006, 03:10:08 PM
I roll over and sit up straight, hugging my knees against my chest. I kinda start rocking since I'm nervous and don't really know where to begin.

"So ..."

Vampires. Are they anything like Ann Rice wrote about? Or are they like Buffy Vampires? Well, can't be the last. They don't have 'game' faces. Just fangs. And since Vampires are real, does that mean that there are werewolves, monsters and all those other things that go bump in the night.

Does that mean the Boogieman actually exists???

Fiona Devlin
Aug 14th, 2006, 03:23:03 PM
"Miklos won't be troubling you anymore. You can be assured of that."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 14th, 2006, 03:26:07 PM
I had to chuckle. "I don't think an angry black woman with a purse is gonna stop him.'

Fiona Devlin
Aug 14th, 2006, 03:45:13 PM
"He's in quite a bit of hot water with the community."

:: her eyes wandered to the bathroom ::

"That's what I need."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 14th, 2006, 03:48:08 PM
"Oh!" I felt foolish. I'm being an awful host. "Go on ahead. The person that I share the bathroom with is gone for winter break."

Sharing a bathroom can be a pain with someone you don't know but I got saddled up with Monica who was really nice and CLEAN. Thank god.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 14th, 2006, 03:55:20 PM
:: Fiona shut the door and disappeared into the shower for 15 minutes, to wash away the aches. She stepped out again in her t-shirt and panties, fluffing her hair dry with a towel ::

"How are you feeling?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 14th, 2006, 04:00:46 PM
Fine now, Ms. Devlin, with the way you're looking. Gah. Boss. Remember she's your boss. A boss that can kick your sorry butt all over this room if you look at her the wrong way.

I lay down so most of the bed is covering her. Yay. I found my voice. "Better ... physically. Not shaking anymore. Just ..." I frown. " ... everything's ... different."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 14th, 2006, 04:07:03 PM
:: Fiona knelt down at the foot of the bed ::

"You must forget what you've seen tonight, at the very least swear to me you'll not speak of it to anyone."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 14th, 2006, 04:09:09 PM
I stop looking up at the ceiling and turn my head towards her. She was a bundle of seriousness. A side I don't normally see of her.

"Fiona. I'm not gonna forget what I saw tonight. Probably gonna have nightmares for months. As for telling people, who's gonna believe me? They'll lock me up for being a loon."

What happened tonight is the talk of manic-depressed psycho nutcases that aren't grounded in reality. Though, it really makes you wonder if those people did see something strange to make them loose it ...

I shudder at the thought.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 14th, 2006, 04:13:44 PM
"I need you to swear to me, Michele Hawkins."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 14th, 2006, 04:15:54 PM
My face scrunches up as I look at her funny. I dunno. I get the feeling there's something she hasn't told me yet and my life is on the line if I don't do things right.

"Yeah, I swear it."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 14th, 2006, 04:24:08 PM
:: Fiona gave a satisfied smile and hopped up again, wrapping the towel on her head ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 14th, 2006, 04:28:36 PM
And just like that, Fiona was back to her silly little self. Woman made no sense but I guess that's why I like her so much. Maybe a little too much ... But she always made me smile.

"Okay, tell me this Ms. Devlin." I roll onto my back and point a finger at her. "What's up with the Kung Fu?!"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 14th, 2006, 04:36:30 PM
"Oh."

:: Her eyes got wide at the pointing finger, as though she were staring down the barrel of a gun ::

"I do it to keep fit, and for other obvious reasons." ;)

Michele Hawkins
Aug 14th, 2006, 04:37:52 PM
"So, what?" I title my head like a puppy dog trying to figure her out. "You're like a Vampire Hunter or something?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 14th, 2006, 04:50:26 PM
"No, I'm an Antique Dealer."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 14th, 2006, 04:51:39 PM
I look stupid. "Huh? What about the club? You own that too."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 14th, 2006, 04:55:49 PM
"Yes. It helps to pay the bills." she winked, and sat down at the foot of the bed.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 14th, 2006, 05:01:45 PM
My face is staring at something I should not be staring at. Red panties.

I sit up really fast before my cheeks start turning the same color. "I ... um see."

I run a hand through my hair. Conversation derailing. Need to steer it to another track. Ah. Protection against fangy things. "What should I know about Vampires so what happens at the club doesn't happen again?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 14th, 2006, 05:16:46 PM
"You let me worry about them, and try to get some sleep."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 14th, 2006, 05:17:55 PM
I had to chuckle. "I think I'm too wired still to go to sleep."

Course, I yawn while I'm saying this.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 14th, 2006, 05:23:32 PM
"Hope you don't mind if I curl up for a bit, do you?"

:: her eyes fell upon the beanbag chair again ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 14th, 2006, 05:26:59 PM
Okay maybe I am sleepy. That yawn has forced my eyes halfway shut and I can't seem to get them to open again. I think my adrenaline gauge just hit empty.

I get up and walk around the bed. "No. You stay here and I'll take the floor."

She needs the bed more then I with being all banged up and stuff.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 14th, 2006, 05:30:32 PM
"Don't be absurd. It's your bed. Have you a spare blanket?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 14th, 2006, 05:31:43 PM
"There's no way I'm gonna have you sleep on that." I point dramatically at the bean bag chair. "You need your rest. I'll take it."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 14th, 2006, 05:35:58 PM
:: She looked at Michele dubiously, then slipped under the covers. She wiggled a bit, then sat up ::

"I don't take up much room here, do I?" she laughed.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 14th, 2006, 05:36:50 PM
I grab a blanket and laugh at her cuteness. She's adorable and I smle. "No you don't."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 14th, 2006, 05:39:07 PM
"Then come on! I can't let you sleep down there."

:: She wiggled over a bit more ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 14th, 2006, 05:46:26 PM
"Um ..." At that point, my mouth went dry at the thought of sleeping next to her. Hey, I know it's innocent and Fiona has no designs on me. Hell, I don't have designs on her either (I just think she's damn hot) but she doesn't know about my leanings. I don't want her to get freaked out later.

"... not so sure that's a good idea." I fumble around for words, hemming and hawing as I rock on my feet. "See ..."

I raise my hands and let them drop down since I fail at something whimiscal. Aw hell. Just say it. "Fiona I'm gay. Not sure if you'd really be comfortable with me sleeping next to you."

I swear I'm far too honest but it wouldn't be fair to Fiona if I didn't say anything at all. Plus, it's not like I'm hiding the fact. I do trust Fiona and she is my friend.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 14th, 2006, 07:08:35 PM
:: Fiona blinked at Michele's confession ::

"What a relief. I thought you were going to tell me you snore!"

:: She fluffed Michele's pillow for her and curled up with a smile on her face ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 14th, 2006, 09:57:31 PM
My nerves are on edge, hoping that everything would turn out right. Which they did. I shoulda had more faith in her. Fiona wasn't the kinda person to discriminate on the job, but you can't blame me for worrying. You can never really gauge a person's reaction until it happens. Telling them your gay. I've had a few people treat me differently because they weren't sure how to act around me and of course there were others that abhorred me. Ah well. Screw 'em.

I rub my forehead with the back of my hand, sighing in relief and glad that things are cool with us. She's really a great friend and I'm lucky to have her, even with all the weird stuff that happened tonight. The fact that Vampires and the like exist doesn't sit well with me at all. Means the world's that more messed up and there's still not much I can do about it. But, having someone like Fiona in my life will make the reality of the situation sink in better. It's good to know I'm not alone.

Still, it'll be hard sleeping next to her. It's bad enough I've gotta keep my brain in check around her at work, now she's gonna be inches away from me and barely wearing a stitch. Remember Michele, do not move from your position on the bed once you get in. All hands and feet shall remain firmly tuck near you and will not stray. Copy that?

I switch the lights off and crawl around to the other side of the bed to slip under the covers. I instantly face the other way so I don't have to look at her. Instead I stare at the window, peeking through the shade to see the first glimpse of dawn approaching. Least that means the Vampires were asleep and I could rest easy. Though, the thought of having the same schedule of a Vampire is rather ironic to me …