PDA

View Full Version : How did you find SW-Fans?

Pages : [1] 2

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2006, 09:00:26 PM
To new and old alike - how did you find SW-Fans (or, where did you come from) ? I'm paticularly interested in how our new posters have come across our little section of cyberspace.

I followed my brother from the Crazy "Butt" Message Boards, which were run by TSC member Fox609 (I may have his name incorrect). Itala Marzullo and Banestone (my brother), Fox609, Xinzx and Fox's girlfriend Amber were all members there and also members of The Sith Council, way back in 2000.

Anyway, they convinced me to start RPing and the rest is history.

Khendon Sevon
Aug 8th, 2006, 09:11:01 PM
An insane RPer at Gundam Wing: Battalion (Gundam RPG forum) had SWF in his profile. I was Khendon Sevon there :) then became Khendon Sevon here ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2006, 09:15:01 PM
I sense a trend. ;)

Patience Darklighter
Aug 8th, 2006, 09:16:20 PM
I found a link to Jawafortress on TheForce.net, back when I was looking for Phantom Menace spoilers. From Jawafortress, I came to Swfans, and I eventually stayed here.

And that, kids, was a long time ago. I was in high school for crying out loud.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 8th, 2006, 09:19:04 PM
I was a member of a Final Fantasy ezBoard, where Big Bad Naga (later known as Nichos Marr and Seth Darkserpent) posted. He had a link to The Sith Empire in his signature, and I decided to investigate one day! :)

Morgan Evanar
Aug 8th, 2006, 09:29:28 PM
I was bored and Shawn linked me.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2006, 09:40:50 PM
A new tagline!

SW-Fans: Come if you're bored.

Mandy with an I
Aug 8th, 2006, 10:32:11 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
A new tagline!

SW-Fans: Come if you're bored. We have cake.

Fixed.

I used to post on an old ezboard (DBZ Cracked, I believe?) where a few people from Fans posted, and my younger sister posted as well. She introduced me to TSE. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2006, 11:00:53 PM
A new tagline!

SW-Fans: Come if you're bored. We have cake. Or Death.

Fixed again. ;)

Tony Maxwell
Aug 8th, 2006, 11:22:26 PM
Lilaena, my real life Aunt, brought me and my brother, known to you as Rognan Dar, to SWF after we spent around a year reading posts over her shoulder during the time she lived with us. We were always badgering her with questions about how roleplaying worked, what her characters were like and all about, and if we could ever roleplay. For me I had to wait until I was old enough and started roleplaying shortly after I turned thirteen. And the rest, as my Aunty put it, is history.

Jaime Tomahawk
Aug 9th, 2006, 03:40:35 AM
Been here since before day 1. That dont count as finding I guess.

Good grief, have I really been around SW-Fans for over 7.5 years?????

QuiGonJ
Aug 9th, 2006, 05:37:26 AM
Mai dunno. I was doin da briskie morning munchen, saw an article for Star Wars vs. Titanic, followed it, and pow.. meesa here.

Droo
Aug 9th, 2006, 06:39:30 AM
I used tp have a good laugh doing a bit of Star Wars table top roleplaying with Peter and a few other mates. I had been searching long and hard for various Star Wars information to create a new storyline, and I had in mind something to involve the Sith, so I'd been throroughly researching Sith history. Long story short, I stumbled upon The Sith Council (now the Sith Order) which was run by Itala Marzullo. I had a goosey through the forums and found myself really interested; I'd never heard of forum roleplaying before. I made the account for Gav Mortis that day, June 13, 2000, and when I became a member, I found a link to SWFans and my first thread was Thrawn's Death Star thread - it was so ridiculous it was funny. Me and Peter running rampant with Eclipse and Sovereign class Super Star Destroyers. :D

Ryan Pode
Aug 9th, 2006, 07:04:41 AM
I started out on the StarWars.com chat rooms hosted by talk city, then I was linked here by I can't even remember his RP name, but his christian name was Johnathan. That had to have been six years ago. My first major thread was Operation Long Knives, I do remember that.

JMK
Aug 9th, 2006, 07:31:03 AM
Originally posted by QuiGonJ
Mai dunno. I was doin da briskie morning munchen, saw an article for Star Wars vs. Titanic, followed it, and pow.. meesa here.

Ditto. Was looking in to the pre-TPM vs Titanic hype, and came across the forum. Over 7 years ago now. Holy cow.

Razielle Alastor
Aug 9th, 2006, 08:07:21 AM
The very epitome of old, brace yourselves. :lol

I was on webtv back then, I was twenty and I had briefly forsaken my love for Vader for Darth Maul, briefly.. After coming across interesting sites like the DMEB and such I found my way to ChatCity, from there to the SW TPM chatrooms, regitered an account and became chummy with people like General Scorpion and Darth Daiquiri. Lady Razielle became my first long term character, she was in The Sith Council and a few other random places whose names I am either just plain not bringing up or have forgotten. ;)

After I got my first computer I left "the chats" for good and joined TSE and the Coven. :)

Danni Reyok
Aug 9th, 2006, 09:40:46 AM
You can thank Karl Valten for showing me this site. I fell in love with this place right away.

One of the only things I'm glad he showed me. . .all of you guys are great! :hug

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 9th, 2006, 01:08:27 PM
Sw-Fans.net: Bringing Siblings Closer Together Since 1999

:lol

Litika Dor
Aug 9th, 2006, 01:45:50 PM
Had, under extremely serendipitous circumstances too convoluted to relate here, met a guy named Andrew at a music camp. Sent him an email when I got home and started pestering him over IM for the next few months, until finally we ran out of stuff to talk about and he offered to help me get started with something he called "RPing" at a place that, had I any idea what I was doing, would be right up my little geeky alley.

Someplace called SWForums. And Rhea Kaylen was born.

EDIT: And on the subject of siblings, my RPing got my curious little sister wondering what the heck I was doing, and I kind of helped her get Linn O'Connor off the ground. Since then she's created roughly seven thousand four hundred twenty-eight new characters and become slightly obsessive with it. She frightens me.

Nathanial K'cansce
Aug 9th, 2006, 06:05:54 PM
I met a couple of people on the forums at theforce.net. One of which, Organa Solo, had a nice little ezboards that I use to pester her at. She started up some rogue squadron RPs, where Snack first got his taste of RPing in late 99. From there she showed me a place called The Gungan Council. One day in March of '00, I wanted to find a lightsaber to put in my awesome table sigs that people had back then, and one of the resident gungans linked me to Rama's... TSE. I got my lightsaber, and deciding to prod around, found Fans through a link.

yay

Argos Ewan
Aug 9th, 2006, 07:56:09 PM
Well I just wanted to try this posting out on this site to see if it works and what adjustments I need to make besides my spelling LOL

Jesimae Lawson
Aug 9th, 2006, 09:13:24 PM
There is nothing wrong with being obsessed Litika! Jiro Lawson got me on my feet, actually the wonderful woman behind him! And her sister of course! ; )

I have since created over 300 characters all for the soul purpose to make them fall in love with Lawson boys and anything slightly related to them.

Park Kraken
Aug 9th, 2006, 09:36:52 PM
Soon after I started RPing for the first time ever at a board called J-aircraft, I decided to expand my search for RPing boards to the subject of Star Wars, and from there I came to SWF.

Karl Valten
Aug 9th, 2006, 09:57:28 PM
Sw-Fans.net: Bringing Siblings Closer Together Since 1999

That remark scares me. Anywho I found Starwarsrpg.net first about 4 or five years ago and got hooked on roleplaying.

I got bored with the slow pace and googled for more options. Yay Google

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 10th, 2006, 01:07:38 AM
Originally posted by Argos Ewan
Well I just wanted to try this posting out on this site to see if it works and what adjustments I need to make besides my spelling LOL

But how did you find the site? :)

CMJ
Aug 10th, 2006, 08:30:09 AM
Found the board in during the TPM BO hype. I believe it was mentioned on boxofficeguru or roughcut.com (TNT's old entertainment site which died about 6 years ago) or somewhere, because I definitely remember seeking it out. It was thru jawafortress at the time, butt moved just a few days after I found it. I think we were right around the opening of the film, a few days before or after.

I lurked for several days before I posted. My first time writing anything I got summarilly trashed by Darth Turbogeek, Jonathan, and others because I dared suggest it was possible to love SW and the boat movie.

General Devious
Aug 10th, 2006, 10:58:12 AM
Hmnn I started on ezboard. I had my own board the Eye of the Dragon. Kudo's if anyone actually remembers that board. I worked on the art for a long time. Wish the board was still around. One guy that I remembering visiting was Gerbo Lang, and the Templar guy. I started with a character back then called Tiberious Kinslayer. A nod to Captain Kirk with the Tiberious name. It being his middle name Captain Jame's T. Kirk.

I thought people would get the joke but none did. I had Dalamar back then.. He was human though There was also Sting. No Legion or Assryian... Goen T. Kilmore was also lurking around.

I was rping with a large group.. Running my own version of Rifts. Where people could go anywhere and do anything pretty much. I had them doing some crazy stuff. I had them enter into the entrance of a cave... Which turned out to be the mouth of a Giant. For which they put up a shield and the Giant actually Shet them out.. I laughed for days inventing that silly rp.. They had to fight thru the intestine's to live... lol... Another they travelled back to germany and dropped a weapon insuring Hitler's victory over all the free world because they dropped a ray gun..

They had a lot of trouble figuring out how they had altered the past so badly.. Had fun with that one also. Well I jumped around the boards. Visiting the Coven... the Gungan Council.. And Izulla Finnally Soth of the Coven. My then brother In law at the time told me of swfans. Whe then joined together and invented the Shrine. We all lived in Bakersfield.. Most of us so it was easy for us to plot and plan... Well the Shrine of the Damned was born bloomed. Then when me and Alana Seperated.. The board pretty much died with that... Soth moved on.. Alana lost interest... But I'm still here. Writing some fun stories and hanging out.. Until the board dies... Sniffle.. Yet there seems to be more action than ever lately.. So long live STAR WARS!!!.. ;)

Ahh Nostalgia.. :smokin

Jiro Lawson
Aug 10th, 2006, 01:28:24 PM
Let's see...I actually started on here with Linn O'Conner eighty billion years ago, and my sister was the one who pointed me there [she is a wonderful person for doing so]. Since then I have created about four hundred characters all just for Jesimae--well, and the other characters she has created.

The count is unknown as of yet!! ^_^

Crystal
Aug 10th, 2006, 02:58:50 PM
I was browsing some message board and seen a thread Shawn posted in. I'd never seen a picture signature before so I paused to check it out and seen "The Greater Jedi Order" being a Star Wars geek I clicked on it.. and here I am!

Jesimae Lawson
Aug 10th, 2006, 03:17:49 PM
Originally posted by Jiro Lawson
Let's see...I actually started on here with Linn O'Conner eighty billion years ago, and my sister was the one who pointed me there [she is a wonderful person for doing so]. Since then I have created about four hundred characters all just for Jesimae--well, and the other characters she has created.

The count is unknown as of yet!! ^_^

Remember we have 13 THREADS!!!! >_< Hahahaha!! Are we obsessed with writing, the forums, JRocker's, or each other? I know...ALL OF THE ABOVE!

<3 YOU!

Jes

Peter McCoy
Aug 10th, 2006, 03:50:13 PM
Droo got me into roleplaying on here. As he said, we'd done some pen 'n' paper Star Wars roleplaying (I've got the old West End Games rulebook). The first character I created was Garrett Blade, whom I dearly miss and might consider a new incarnation of him (though still bonkers). Originally I based the character on Wesley Snipes' 'Blade' since I thought he was so cool. Thankfully, that changed. Garrett took on a more chaotic disposition and thats when the fun really started.

He was a member of The Sith Council under Itala Marzullo and Jen Katrina. Droo's character (Gav) was promoted very quickly and soon became Garrett's master. The TSO members (the old ones) were there, like Lady Vader and Live Wire. I remember Hol joining as Lady Deville (not Lilaena) within a week or so of me joining (Live Wire was your master wasn't she?)

Its been a good six years (for over one I've been absent from the place) and I'm glad I've decided to come back and start roleplaying again. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 10th, 2006, 03:56:30 PM
Aye, LW was LD's master. She nearly killed me in our training threads on several occasions!

The RP where you resurrected Garrett Blade was my first big RP - it was so much fun. :D

Peter McCoy
Aug 10th, 2006, 04:50:33 PM
Oh yeah I remember that. 'Dar'Kal'arth Part 1. (I intended to have 3 parts in total but the second one fell through). It was fun. If I remember rightly another character of mine, Garrett Felth* (a lando-Calrissian wannabe and friend of Garrett Blade's) had you seducing the mayor of 'planetcan'tremember' in order to get some information. Yeah, that was a lot of fun.

*I made a point of giving him the same name because not only do I really like the name, but around 5 of my friends are called Peter. You rarely see rp characters with the same first name.

Come on, someone post and make me a liar. I dare ya!

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 10th, 2006, 04:52:40 PM
:o I did not seduce that NPC! /lie

Peter McCoy
Aug 10th, 2006, 04:54:09 PM
Please, woman! What you did to that fictitious character was so visceral and taboo, your hubby would file for divorce if he read it. :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 10th, 2006, 04:57:00 PM
Thankfully it was three years before I met him. :mischief He needs to know... nothing.

Alpha
Aug 11th, 2006, 05:23:26 PM
For me, it was waaay back when I was in junior high...I had been a part of General Scorpion's flight-sim group, and he linked me to the Sith Council. From there I came here and to the Sith Empire and then GJO and then TSE and then GJO...

And to make people feel old, I am now starting college...think how long some of you have known me. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 11th, 2006, 05:54:46 PM
You are making me feel old. Holy carp.

Alpha
Aug 11th, 2006, 05:58:11 PM
Holy carp? :) And I figured I'd make you and Mark feel old if no one else. :) I've been here...wow...seven years. I started at the tender age of 11...And you people have corrupted me. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 11th, 2006, 06:03:12 PM
What, you think I'm old now?! I only said I FELT old. I'm a young woman still!!

:cry

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 11th, 2006, 06:11:00 PM
I came from the evil talkcity chats as well. Dara, who was Obi-Rhon ^^, threw me a link to Fans. Kitty (Sorsha) found me in general discussion forums and directed me to the RP. I became her first Sith Apprentice at TSE and ze rest is history

Hera
Aug 11th, 2006, 10:34:07 PM
I came via the chat as well. I think it was Thrawn and Itala who first pointed the way to their ezBoards, which I thought were great and so made my own - the Acropolis. Rama and Ogre and Havok showed up there and myself, Eve and Daiquiri (all Darths at the time as I recall lol)spent more and more time rping on the board, eventually travelling to TSC and finally over to SWF. It took me quite a long time to feel comfy to RP at the "Big" board.

I remember that thread "Operation Longknives" or atleast the title.

The first thread I remember being in at SWF was some big multiplayer battle where Hera tried to nab Yoghurt in a cave or something. Ah..thats where the love began :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 11th, 2006, 10:39:39 PM
I was terrified to RP in the "Battlefield" when I first started. I was afraid someone would kill my character right off the bat!

I remember reading someone's RP thread and they were ripping trees out of the ground and hitting each other with them, and the like. Ah, our colorful history. :) The first person who really posted to me at SW-Fans was Shabby as a Pikachu sock puppet. :D

Karl Valten
Aug 11th, 2006, 11:06:05 PM
Originally posted by Alpha
Holy carp? :) And I figured I'd make you and Mark feel old if no one else. :) I've been here...wow...seven years. I started at the tender age of 11...And you people have corrupted me. :)

Which means now you can do the corrupting

Alpha
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:05:44 AM
Originally posted by Karl Valten
Which means now you can do the corrupting

A very good point. :) And Lil, I didn';t say you WERE old, I just meant that since you've known me here for so long, I could get you to FEEL old. There's a difference. And does anyone else from the old times remember the DBZ-ish roots this place had for the longest time...?

Ryan Pode
Aug 12th, 2006, 08:32:25 AM
I remember way back then, while my introduction to message-board RPing was here, I spent more time RPing at a place called Mt. Dragonball Z and then eventually Cursed Earth.

Razielle Alastor
Aug 12th, 2006, 09:59:21 AM
For me, it was waaay back when I was in junior high...I had been a part of General Scorpion's flight-sim group, and he linked me to the Sith Council. From there I came here and to the Sith Empire and then GJO and then TSE and then GJO...

And to make people feel old, I am now starting college...think how long some of you have known me. :D

|I Yes.. I feel old and tired now. Thank you so much, Alpha. Wow...:uhoh

Tipp Gray
Aug 12th, 2006, 10:35:22 AM
I'm in the same boat as Alpha. I started when I was what? 12? Actually, it was before I turned 12. Now I am starting college. Anyway, I actually found SWFans through him. I posted at general discussion and video gaming boards when I first went to ezboard. Alpha's Young Ones Base was in the top 50 of one of those click-to-vote board ranking systems that used to be out there. I checked it out, got linked to the Bounty Hunter's Moon, and joined up at SWFans from there. That was back in March 2000.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 12th, 2006, 10:37:43 AM

It's sort of the same for me. In September, I start my second year of university. I started posting here when I was 13, and come January I'll be turning 20. We grow up so fast ;)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 12th, 2006, 11:18:15 AM
I found this place pretty much right after I graduated college; stumbled on a page full of ez links to a whole bunch of the different boards before the mass exodus to vB. I remember lurking for about two weeks, then registering.

Alpha
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:25:12 PM
Originally posted by Razielle Shadana
|I Yes.. I feel old and tired now. Thank you so much, Alpha. Wow...:uhoh

Aww, I'm sorry Raz. :) And Patrick: my Young One's Base was really in those top fifties? Wow...Damn. I still remember that place and it's members...Spadix, and Shay Kaylon especially...

Jens Vec
Aug 12th, 2006, 05:29:32 PM
My good friend Google showed me this place. :)

Sergeant Michael Brand
Aug 12th, 2006, 09:46:03 PM
I'm here because of the Redwall novels by Brian Jacques.

I was in middle school when I really started using the web, and, at the time, I was voraciously reading Redwall. I got my start in RPing and in fanfiction in general by running searches for Redwall fan sites. Even more directly, it was in a Redwall-based RP that I met Mitch, with whom I am now seeking the publication of a novel.

Anyway, he surprised me by telling me he'd adapted his mongoosed-based Nehantite race to a Star Wars roleplaying community, and he linked me to some of his threads. I was apprehensive about joining because my previous experience with Star Wars fans had been Star Wars fanboys whose primary interest seemed to be scouring the EU for more reasons why a Star Destroyer could beat the Enterprise. But, after lurking for a while, I finally decided to take the plunge with Kale -- whom, incidentally, I originally created as a Redwall character himself.

And the REAL question of Star Trek vs. Star Wars is this: who would win in a battle between Stormtroopers and redshirts?

Alpha
Aug 13th, 2006, 09:34:10 AM
And the REAL question of Star Trek vs. Star Wars is this: who would win in a battle between Stormtroopers and redshirts?

Neither. The red shirts ability to aqttract weapons fire would be nullified by the stormtoopers ability to miss anything and everything they're aiming for, leaving two very confused sides...

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 13th, 2006, 02:10:43 PM
:lol Like the wrong ends of two magnets. They'd probably cause the universe to implode and a black hole would form, swallowing both groups.

Rayna Eclipse
Aug 13th, 2006, 11:36:42 PM
I originally got into roleplaying when I convinced myself at age 12 that I could write better pro-wrestling stories than those on tv. After I saw the re-release of A New Hope in theaters I fell in love with Star Wars. A few years later as the hype for the Phantom Menace grew I thought about how cool it would be to do roleplaying, like in the wrestling rps I did, with Star Wars.

My big objection to most the sites was that none allowed for the quick creation of a character without roleplaying sample. I could just create and write an open thread without issue. Somehow I ran into the GJO on google back when everyone was on ezboard.com and then made the jump tp fans shortly thereafter.

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 14th, 2006, 10:52:27 AM
Itala Marzullo brought me here. Thankfully, no one has held that against me!

Sean Piett
Aug 15th, 2006, 01:42:45 AM
Oh gods. Found it through darth007, if anyone remembers him, who I met at talk city (chatroom). We were in the Legion together. Then I quit the Legion and Deathsith spammed me in our duel. Cheater.

Must've been, what, '99? 2000 maybe? We miss you, GAThrawn!

Alpha
Aug 15th, 2006, 02:02:33 AM
damn...I remember GAT...

Ryan Pode
Aug 15th, 2006, 06:10:52 AM
GA Thrawn is always on MSN. I spent a good two years talking to him everday in msn chats with three or four other people. Really shaped my life.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 15th, 2006, 01:28:22 PM
I think my first duel was against him. ;) He cheated! No, I don't remember. He stopped replying to the thread though.

Sean Piett
Aug 15th, 2006, 11:24:25 PM
haha, you could always count on him for that.

Wyl Staedtler
Aug 15th, 2006, 11:33:04 PM
I don't recall how exactly I found it. I think initially Ben (my husband) was going on about RPing and how I should try it, so one night I searched around and looked at different boards. I do know that I looked at some pretty cheesy SW boards and was almost put off the idea entirely before I stumbled across SWFans and, gasp, real life commas.

Bette Davis
Aug 16th, 2006, 01:50:35 AM
What's a comma?

Hey, why doesn't Ben RP here?

Kelly Perris
Aug 16th, 2006, 08:14:09 AM
Started at talkcity somewhere back at the dawn of time...err...early high school...Say, eigth - tenth grade somewheres. Went to ezboard a bit, came here through some manner which I cannot recall, and i've been here on and off ever since, disappearing for yonks of months at a time, and only really gettin 'er done in recent years.

Wyl Staedtler
Aug 16th, 2006, 09:32:44 PM
Originally posted by Bette Davis

Hey, why doesn't Ben RP here?

He should, but he's a busy busy med student with two jobs. :(

Terran Starek
Aug 16th, 2006, 09:45:20 PM
I found my way here when I was looking for SW RPG resources for a tabletop campaign. Met some great people and stayed around to RP several different characters. :)

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 19th, 2006, 10:47:04 AM
My friend dru found this place with a few buddies of his (No clue how). He knew Me and Mike (Shade Magus) loved star wars and sent us a link to the EZBoard. We stayed and teh other three left after like 3 months. 6 some odd years later I still drop in from time to time.

Atreyu
Aug 31st, 2006, 09:01:45 PM
Prior to the release of TPM I was browsing a number of websites for pics, desktop themes etc. One of the sites had a bunch of banners at the bottom linking to other places - one of which was called 'SW vs. Titanic'. I clicked on it and ended up on the old Jawa Fortress website that the site existed on back then. This was around April 1999.

Memorable moments since then:
- the night we moved to ezboard following a massive troll attack on the old old old board.
- completely missing the entire CC.Net split (I was away on holidays and came back a week later)
- CMJ and co. establishing the new Jedi Council (later Jedi Order) group.
- joining CC.Netters such as Darth Turbogeek, Master Yoghurt, Darth Boricua, Figrin D'an, AmazonBabe etc etc etc in forming the Greater Jedi Order.
- moving the GJO forums to a new place called Temple Mere
- moving the GJO forums back to its old place, renamed Temple Avalon
- renaming the old RP forum from 'Jedi vs. Sith' to 'Jedi vs. Sith Roleplaying' (and later, 'Star Wars Roleplaying')
- the whole Storytelling forum fiasco
- the whole OOC forum fiasco
- moving to vBulletin

Bleh - I'm ancient. :x

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 31st, 2006, 09:05:48 PM
- the whole Storytelling forum fiasco
- the whole OOC forum fiasco

:huh what do you mean?

Atreyu
Aug 31st, 2006, 09:29:52 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
:huh what do you mean?
Headaches setting them up.

Of course, looking back it does add colour to the board's history. :)

Tiberius Anar
Sep 9th, 2006, 03:30:03 PM
I was pointed in this direction by a friend at school when I was in Lower Sixth Form.

Heck, that's four years ago. Good lord. I'm practically a noob compared to some of you.

Nope, still can't do the whole slang thing properly.

I am figuratively a neophyte when placed in a comparative context with some of my coevils. (That's better!)

Firebird1
Sep 16th, 2006, 11:26:13 PM
I fit into the old catagory of following people around. I followed Rama here.... A long time ago. True I don't post as much as I used to, but I still stop by to chsck on the Asylum.... Err.. people here. And spend some quality time, as long as your in streight jackets...

Leten Snat
Sep 19th, 2006, 10:53:28 AM
I started out at TC as a number of characters there, most of them were just silly. but I still remember who they were.. Dorin Dragon, Jedi Master Oovo, Master Tasha, Kez Fabool, Evase, Dark Lord Rivin, Little Sleep Today. Oovo, Kez and Tasha spent alot of time blowing up Oom-9. Well, after the SW chat on TC really started to suck, i moved to the Ezboards, where I had my own board for a bit, and ended up getting swallowed by TGC. Ceel made me mad and I got banned from TGC, and a good friend, know here as Natia, talked me in to coming here.

I first showed up here as Shanaria Fabool Jan-20-2003 05:54 PM PST. The first people I met here was Zeke and Jamel Croko'yn (who invaded and tryed to hijack my recrutment thread to the GJO).

I wanted to Use a sith, so i pulled in Lord Talzen, and Not long after that I decided to bring in my longest running character, Dark Lord Rivin, as Talzen's master, Who I RPed here for two months before people told me that he couldn't have the skill of a sith lord without approval of TSO, but I don't think I need to go in the that drama show again.

also somewhere in there I also brough in Leten Snat, who under the teachings Xazor was started in his training, and made a member of The Lost Jedi shortly after Xazor left the GJO.

I also had Neyasha, V'ilena, Thug, Random Person, and Rasha Vill. But since the time reset, i've just been lurking, watching and waiting, for a good time to make a new character and RP here again. Some of my characters that got their birth here, have now moved back to the EZboards, to continue their life's story where the time reset cut them off.

Ambrose Braeden
Oct 14th, 2006, 12:35:49 AM
Well I started about 6 years ago. My good friend Saurron told me and my father(mockadane) about it and we started the Illusive Seech. I've rp'ed with soth, dali, alana, and all of us from the shrine. Ive been here ever since.

Kaast Dulli
Oct 23rd, 2006, 10:34:17 PM
i was looking for a live star wars RPG, but i wasn't having any luck. so i searched wookiepedia and found sw-fans.net and read some of the post, i liked what i saw and joined. so far so good.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 23rd, 2006, 11:29:52 PM
Awesome, welcome to the boards! :D

Videl
Nov 1st, 2006, 04:23:47 PM
let's started out on an old voice actor fan forum when I saw a link in Rama's sig and went hmm, let's poke this and see where it goes.....I think the link went to Rama's bar, I wandered around there a bit then found the main board though more wandering and yadda yadda....

Yurza Magus
Nov 2nd, 2006, 12:02:15 PM
Well I knew a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy that linked us all here and that's what happened for me.

Terial Fenix
Dec 6th, 2006, 04:24:15 AM
Going through my old emails and found one from an old friend ^_^ thought id go on through and join up :D.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 6th, 2006, 04:19:49 PM
Welcome! :wave

Nilk
Jan 6th, 2007, 08:45:35 AM
Oh, the other day I decided my role-playing had been minimal since my favourite site went down. I had always role-played in Fantasy setting, and I wanted to try sci-fi. I knew a fair bit about Star Wars, so I googled "Star Wars role-play". Leafed through sites, looked at a few, liked this one best.

Tristan Tahmores
Jan 9th, 2007, 07:49:02 PM
Power to google - similar story here. I've got exams at uni coming up soon, and I need something to take a break from revision. I do PBEM RPGs, and the odd forum here and there, but yeah. They tend to require me to sit down for about a month each time I want to post, and produce some kind of epic. And that's if there's actually an opportunity for me to post something: sometimes, you have to wait until someone else has had the chance to sit down, respond...etc.

From the looks of things, it'll be easier to 'post when I want to' on here. At least, that's the plan!

PS.

Since I'm either blind, a total n00b, or there just isn't one, I haven't found a place to post a welcome message thingy...so 'hi, everybody', I guess!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 9th, 2007, 09:16:48 PM
Hi!! :wave

I'm glad Google is working. :D

Doc Milo
Jan 26th, 2007, 03:50:40 PM
It's funny how time changes things.

I still remember (and sometimes still feel) like the "new kid on the block" and yet, reading through this post, it seems, like Atreyu and CMJ, I'm downright ancient.

I got to this forum shortly after TPM opened. I had gone on one of AOL's forums (a first for me, I had never before posted on any forums) in order to post a review of the movie. After that, I started posting there semi-regularly but soon found that the people I had started talking with were posting less and less frequently, and the newer posters seemed downright immature. I found about three or four (maybe five) posters there that were capable of carrying on an intelligent conversation and we ended up pretty much just discussing things through IM when we were online.

So, I decided one day to check out the internet to see if there were any boards. I found a site that said SW Vs. Titanic, and decided to see what it was all about. It seemed I had arrived right after a "civil war" had split the forum and a bunch of people had left for cc.net. I lurked in both places for a while, and finally posted in the SWfans forum for the first time.

Sin
Jan 28th, 2007, 12:25:45 AM
Going back into history here...

I followed a link in Rama Sha's signature from another message board all the way back in '00.

I've been around (Somewhat... kind of... mostly...) since then.

Rowan Averre
Jan 28th, 2007, 08:58:46 PM
It's all Y'roth's fault. He started letting me read his posts this year back during the end of summer, beginning of fall and then asked if I wanted to make a character in December.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 28th, 2007, 10:04:49 PM
And believe me, he's in big trouble for that too.

;) j/k - welcome to 'Fans, once again. :D

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 12th, 2007, 04:28:28 PM
The first time? Searched around for a well-moderated, grammar-friendly forum where a lowly freshman could come and be anybody she wanted to be. Met up with Leia Organa Solo for training, met some awesome people, avoided some not awesome people, got involved in Real Life, dropped off of the face of the earth.

The second time? Google. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 12th, 2007, 07:18:00 PM
Ryla!!! :crack

How is Real Life treating you? :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 12th, 2007, 07:56:48 PM
Holy smokes it's Ryla! :hug

Miranda Tarkin
Feb 12th, 2007, 08:21:07 PM
Great googly moogly!!!:eek

Mitch
Feb 12th, 2007, 08:27:38 PM
Holy mackeral! Hey there, stranger!

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 13th, 2007, 03:09:57 PM
Real life? Couldn't be better, actually! I've been trying to finish up Grad school, work all day, and just celebrated my first wedding anniversary! Pretty cool, I think. :)

Ezra
Feb 20th, 2007, 11:24:56 PM
Followed a friend who was rping the main vamp at the time and worked this char into the storyline. Fell into line with the Shadowfaene group. Hung out in chats from time to time with fellow rpers here had a blast for a while and stopped rping for a long while.

Tonight, remembered the fun I had and wandered back in :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 20th, 2007, 11:27:18 PM
Hi Ezra! How's it going? :D

Xanatos Etanial
Feb 21st, 2007, 09:23:06 PM
avoided some not awesome people

Oh come on... I'm not that bad.

XD

Howdy Hello! You best stick around, =( Some of us missed you greatly.

Ezra
Feb 21st, 2007, 10:43:19 PM
Things could be better on my end, (hates me job) but doing alright. Slowly getting back into rp'ing. Which reminds me.... *runs off to read up on latest threads*

Hera
Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:35:49 PM
Its Sunshine!

Hello Ezra you little scamp! I mean Vamp. :hug

Too bad Saurron doesn't pop his-self in here and say hello :mad
After all, I forgive him for showing you the way to ShadowFaene :p

ps) Hi there Ryla, congrats on your Anniversary.

Ezra
Feb 25th, 2007, 12:34:34 AM
*huggles Hera*

Ahhh, there's the leading lady of SF :D

Yea, too bad he doesn't say hello. And you know I made it interesting being Hera's chew toy lol

Jason Mcgraves
Feb 25th, 2007, 11:04:45 AM
funny thing I knew this place existed from almost day one of me entering the ezboard world. Yet I didn't rp here until much later okay about a year or so later. I started out on a board called DewTropolis Under the name outerworld2000. The 200o markign the new melenia that was apoarching so i showed up on ezboard around at the end of 1999 (not here though I'm not that old to this place.). I joined here about 6 to 8 months after Vega/dasquin did sorry forgot how long ago that was.

I was formaly introduced to TSE by a friend who went by Morino Ryu. How ever befor ethat I knew of such roplayers as sumor royal who frequented many of the same boards I did and Jedi Hunk and there where few others. But good old Morino got me to coem her to TSE. I mostly rped there but I lurked fans under the name Outerworld2000 (which later became the accoutn know as OW outcast).

Always was a big sw fan and avid rper (tabletop)so this place sort of stuck however my friend Morino didn't stick. My road has been rocky in this SW rp world but I'm still here.

Most notable names I have gone by that people will remember.
Blade ice
Outerworld2000
Gerbo lang

Nayala Palain
Mar 25th, 2007, 02:14:44 PM
I dont know, I think I have been here since it moved good knows how long ago now....

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 25th, 2007, 02:19:43 PM
But how did you find it initially? :)

Bloodcrest
Mar 26th, 2007, 06:25:43 PM
See this? This is what happens when someone who only usually does the roleplaying things on this board decided to venture out in to the other part of the board...and it's scary...so very scary.

Hmmm...my older brother introduced me to the board. How he found it is anyone's guess.

Travis North
Mar 26th, 2007, 07:01:18 PM
I was linked here by Ace McCloud in late 2004.

Initially I started roleplaying in the Station forum for Star Wars Galaxies (Pre Launch) where I had started my own starship crew. Ace was one who joined me. As people (Smart People) bugged out because SOE said that only subscribes of SWG would have access to the forums, roleplay began to slack off and Ace eventually made his way here. After a few conversations and linking on MSN I finally broke and clicked on sw-fans.net. All I could think was "Woah.. Where do I begin?"

And I'm still here.

Ashe Sieris
May 12th, 2007, 01:40:05 PM
I actually started on TalkCity.com in the Star Wars chat rooms when I was like, 12. A few of the people that I RPed with in the chat rooms had mentioned the EZBoards group and so I checked it out. RPed on both Talk City and the EZBoards until Talkcity closed down. By then I was hooked on the SWRping and so I stuck with the boards... I am one of the youngest of the Old Farts. heh.

JediBeldarine
May 20th, 2007, 08:03:25 PM
It's sort of the same for me. In September, I start my second year of university. I started posting here when I was 13, and come January I'll be turning 20. We grow up so fast ;)

I still remember when you confessed to me you were a chick. You were so worried that people would freak, LOL.

I can't even remember how I found the old EZBoards... Probably from Coruscant City or Virtual Edition. I found the old Jedi Council EZBoards and joined up there. When did SWF.net even open? I can't remember that far back, lol.

Jen

Hartus Kenobi
May 25th, 2007, 11:32:29 PM
Hmm, I'm not quite sure how it happened. I regularly posted at CoruscantCity.net, and probably sometime in the middle of 1999 I followed some links in a few signatures I saw, which led me to swfans. I was pretty active for a year or a little more. I've rediscovered this place today because I happened to be having one of my rare chats with Itala.

Razielle Alastor
May 27th, 2007, 08:21:19 AM
I still remember when you confessed to me you were a chick. You were so worried that people would freak, LOL.

Oh yeah, I recall learning that tibit as well.. I laughed myself stupid and then was all the more impressed. :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
May 27th, 2007, 11:48:03 AM
I was so confused when within about three days of joining the boards Lady Vader and Live Wire were explaining their dual accounts (in Lady Vader's case Amazon Babe). They were like "Don't tell anyone" and I was like ":huh"

Itala Marzullo
May 30th, 2007, 01:13:30 AM
Was searching for a website that tracked down TPM's grosses compared to Titanic's and voila.

Seerriss
May 30th, 2007, 03:02:22 PM
ah, I remember wondering the Vega thing, I was always going why does he keep using girl words then went it came out, I was like oh that's why.....:p

Aenon Nist
Jun 1st, 2007, 09:04:33 AM
I'm new here. I've been around TGC for years, but I've decided to try something different. As a result of being around TGC for the longest time, I've known about this place for quite awhile. So here I am!

Chitbatuuk
Jun 1st, 2007, 05:18:09 PM
I'm new here. I've been around TGC for years, but I've decided to try something different. As a result of being around TGC for the longest time, I've known about this place for quite awhile. So here I am!

Then you shall receive a very warm wookie hug!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 1st, 2007, 05:19:22 PM
Welcome Aenon! Have a look around and don't hesitate to ask questions :D

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 2nd, 2007, 06:36:41 AM

Welcome! :)

Razielle Alastor
Jun 2nd, 2007, 07:33:36 AM
Hullo new person! :wave Nice to have you, welcome!

Laodice Laos
Jun 5th, 2007, 04:51:46 AM
I was sent here by Liz aka Wyl Staedtler because I moved in and she said it was house rules. And since it is not wise to argue with a lady who has an absurd amount (ammount? that looks wrong too) of cats, I came hither.

Salem Ave
Jun 5th, 2007, 05:03:35 AM
Any friend of Wyl is a friend of ours :) Welcome.

Laodice Laos
Jun 5th, 2007, 05:08:50 AM
Thank you. Are there fruit baskets for newcomers? I was told there were fruit baskets.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2007, 07:27:16 AM
There are, but I wouldn't eat the fruit, I think Mark replaced it with wax replicas. :uhoh

Welcome!

Itala Marzullo
Jun 5th, 2007, 07:28:39 AM
All lies, I have this nice shiny red apple.

We're not liable for sudden seizures.

Zoe Marzullo
Jun 5th, 2007, 10:55:48 AM
I blame.... him *points at Itala*

Serenity in Darkness
Jun 5th, 2007, 11:41:38 PM
It's a little weird, actually. o.O I was bored and was looking in my favorites, and I have it favorited. I have no clue what my username was here before now, if I ever joined. I'm sure I did at some point.

Jaime Tomahawk
Jun 6th, 2007, 12:46:50 AM
Thank you. Are there fruit baskets for newcomers? I was told there were fruit baskets.

There's plenty of basket cases, but I'm sorry, no fruit baskets. As hinted tho, if anything unfortunate, bad, silly or just plain gross happens, you point and blame it on the drooling Aragorn wannabe lookalike.

Oh wait, that'll be me. Carry on.

Clea Darkrunner
Jun 6th, 2007, 01:13:39 AM
Was about to give up on my first online RP board - as a longtime tabletop RPer, it didn't make up for missing my gaming group.

Then S'il wandered in, and suggested I try another board and this one.

That's right - hijacked by a Lupin (and a Detective named Vymes)

Tiberius Anar
Jun 7th, 2007, 06:07:03 AM
You poor dear. It must have been terrible.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 7th, 2007, 06:34:03 AM
You hush your mouth, Anar :shakefist :verymad

Clea Darkrunner
Jun 7th, 2007, 11:58:34 PM
It was.....shall we say.....educational.

Krishna Marzullo
Jun 8th, 2007, 02:29:05 AM
I blame Jules for me being here. lol THough he says I was here once before, but I can't remember for life of me if I was or not. Any names I could have used I have yet to find. I dunno. I'm here now though. lol

Corran Antilles
Jun 10th, 2007, 01:38:01 PM
Greetings.

Sam sent me to register. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 10th, 2007, 06:13:14 PM
And a wise man does what Sam says without questioning it. ;)

Corran Antilles
Jun 12th, 2007, 03:22:37 PM
Yes, of course. :p

Sam
Jun 12th, 2007, 09:46:32 PM
I followed Darth Nuriko, Firebird, and Rama here. Well, followed them to the ezboard.

Samantha Koortyn
Jun 15th, 2007, 05:54:52 PM
And a wise man does what Sam says without questioning it. This is true.

Alexia Marzullo
Jun 16th, 2007, 10:33:35 PM
Before, I am not sure how I ended up here... this time it's all Itala's fault :D

Kat Kariena
Jun 29th, 2007, 12:07:34 AM
hmmm ezboard... sadly that brings back memories... I was searching on there and found Leia Organa Solo's board, if anyone remembers her... I think it was her board... gah, I know her name was something like that... anyway, all those wonderful years ago she steered me towards SWFans... and I hung around for what... a year? two years? Something like that... good grief it's been to long since I've been here... ^_^; Last time I was on these boards it was the Jedi ezboard that I posted on... rarely posted on the main forums because I always got beat up by some godmoding Sithlie XD Then again I was a horrible RPer at that point too... you were lucky if you got two sentences out of me! ^_^;

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 13th, 2007, 09:28:10 PM
But those 2 sentences were awesome!

Shena Marzullo
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:47:07 PM
To new and old alike - how did you find SW-Fans (or, where did you come from) ? I'm paticularly interested in how our new posters have come across our little section of cyberspace.

I followed my brother from the Crazy "Butt" Message Boards, which were run by TSC member Fox609 (I may have his name incorrect). Itala Marzullo and Banestone (my brother), Fox609, Xinzx and Fox's girlfriend Amber were all members there and also members of The Sith Council, way back in 2000.

Anyway, they convinced me to start RPing and the rest is history.

WOW...im that Amber shes talking about anyways i got here thru jules/itala from x-files chat room..and since ive been here and there my first name was Lordess Amber..

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 31st, 2007, 03:57:29 PM
Wow! That is sort of... incredible!

And, welcome back :D

Zeke
Jul 31st, 2007, 05:50:13 PM
I got here via one of my nutbar high school friends (I forget which). Calamity ensued.

Shena Marzullo
Aug 1st, 2007, 01:17:50 PM
ty ty and yeah it is... thats the first thing i read and i was like HOLY COW ! shes talking about me..

Callista
Aug 12th, 2007, 08:13:11 AM
I wanted to share even though I don't really RP here anymore :) (though, definitely thinking about getting back into it!)

I was a TalkCity brat...inbetween my freshman and sophomore year of High School TPM came out (ooooh lord I was 15...). I wandered over to starwars.com and saw a link to TalkCity where I joined as a couple different names: Queen_Callista, and Jedi_Aurora... you couldn't choose your full name at first, it had to have the Queen/Jedi/Darth in front of it. It then became Sith_Queen_Callista and finally Sith_Lady_Callista ...har. I chatted and RP'd with many many people in Naboo Swamp, The Junk Yard, and the Temple mostly. Got to know Dara, Iceheart, Razielle and her sis, Daiq and Hera (I miss ShadowFaene!). Dara pointed me over to SWFans on ezboard at some point for TSE where I became her apprentice. I hopped all over the ezboards that were linked. Sadly I left with TSE, but always checked in on this board and RP'd here a bit with a couple different characters. At first I was really kind of afraid to RP outside TSE...it was like my comfort zone. But Hera and The Green Man Ogre helped get me started along with those vampyre people.

And definitely thinking of coming back...no more WoW for me so I need a creative hobby. RPing always helped with my graphic design creativity :)

And to think...I'm 23 almost 24 now - yikes!

Itala Marzullo
Aug 12th, 2007, 09:32:28 AM
I can't believe you forgot your TMC roots. :P

Itala Marzullo
Aug 12th, 2007, 09:34:13 AM
Wow! That is sort of... incredible!

And, welcome back :D

Haha, yeah Amber is probably the oldest member in all of TMC.

Callista
Aug 12th, 2007, 10:42:22 AM
I can't believe you forgot your TMC roots. :P

Oh I didn't forget :) I was just here before I was there! But, back then TMC was fun...so many RPs and people... I remember having to secretly be a character 'cause people hated TMC o_O

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 12th, 2007, 11:24:32 AM
Welcome back, Calli :)

Callista
Aug 12th, 2007, 11:39:54 AM
Thankies :D I'm excited to be back!

Hera
Aug 12th, 2007, 05:40:30 PM
Hey there Callista :)

Yes, come back to rping...Im so lonely over in my prison at the Inquisitoriate.
(I miss ShadwoFaene too. I totally ruled there lol!)

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 12th, 2007, 05:58:16 PM
well of course you did! It was your place :D

Hera
Aug 12th, 2007, 06:07:51 PM
well of course you did! It was your place :D

Eggzackery :D

Darth Phantom
Sep 7th, 2007, 11:19:49 AM
Oh man, it really has been 7 years. Wow. I never would have imagined I would still be RPing 7 years later. Thats awesome.

I came here 7 years ago by way of the Allspark board. I followed the link in somebodies sig and started RPing under my Allspark name of Spark of Starscream. Man was I terrible, lol.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 10th, 2007, 08:24:26 PM
To be fair, we were all terrible :mneh

Doc Milo
Nov 11th, 2007, 09:17:35 AM
I came across the board just after TPM opened. I was following any Star Wars related links, not really looking for a message board. I came across the Star Wars v. Titanic article on swfans.net. They had a link to the message board (which was on ezboard at the time) and I followed it. I lurked for a little bit, then I posted. I believe my first post was my "review" of TPM.

Jeseth Cloak
Nov 25th, 2007, 02:50:56 PM
I went to school with Warren Azalin, Nupraptor and Morgan Evanar. Having been an avid fan of table-top roleplay and an aspiring poet/writer, I decided to give it a shot on ezBoard. It was pretty fun... so I stuck around.

Unfortunately the last few times I've tried to make a return to the forums, I've run into real life issues that have taken precedence. And then there was my World of Warcraft addiction, which I kicked about seven months ago. Hopefully this time around I can stay put a bit longer.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 27th, 2007, 12:50:52 AM
You kicked a WoW addiction? :eek You should write a self-help book. ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 27th, 2007, 07:01:40 AM
Hey, I kicked it too! Maybe I wasn't as addicted, though...

Jeseth Cloak
Nov 28th, 2007, 02:33:39 PM
My guild had accomplished all of the Horde server-firsts, (Gruul, Magtheridon, Doomwalker, Lord Kazzak) and we were working on getting through Serpent Shrine Cavern and The Eye. Then we just hit a wall; not enough members had the gear or the drive to progress through SSC or The Eye, and I found myself doing the same Heroic instances every single day, bored out of mind. There really wasn't anything left for me to work towards, and no other guild on my server was even close to the level of content that I was on... so I quit playing WoW. A few times when I was weak I did try to go back on, only to find that the guild I was a member of had fallen apart and that there were still no other guilds on the server at the time that were even close to being able to raid the content that I had already started on. It made it really easy!

And I did consider PvPing, but I enjoy raiding much more and am terrible at PvP in all honesty. So, that's my self-help advice: Play until there's nothing left for you to do. You'll quite after that; it gets boring.

Ps: If anyone wants to buy my Mage, let me know. I'll give you a good deal! ~_^

Slayn Cloak
Dec 7th, 2007, 05:52:31 PM
I was bored and Shawn linked me.

same except morg not shawn.

Slayn Cloak
Dec 7th, 2007, 05:55:24 PM
You kicked a WoW addiction? :eek You should write a self-help book. ;)

He didn't actually kick it, he just sucks at the game. raiding is easy and ghey it doesn't matter how well you can mouse click a spell when told to.

**Edit if interested someone should by his mage, it has well above decent gear, well for raiding anyway.

Figrin D'an
Dec 9th, 2007, 09:32:07 PM
He didn't actually kick it, he just sucks at the game. raiding is easy and ghey it doesn't matter how well you can mouse click a spell when told to.

Heh... that made me laugh a little.

My story about finding "Fans" is as old as they come.

Back in late 1998/early 1999, as the hype for TPM was kicking into high gear, I spent a lot of time browsing around different fan sites. I eventually heard about the group of people who were lining up, months and months in advance, at Manns Chinese Theatre in LA for the opening, and started reading/posting on their official website on CountingDown.com. A link was posted there by the original owner of the "Star Wars vs. Titanic" website to promote his site, as well as a link to that site's forums, which were on EzBoard. So, I clicked over to the SW vs. Titanic message boards (ie. the very first incarnation of this community), lurked for a while, and eventually started posting (think it was late April of '99). I chose the handle "Figrin D'an", which I retain to this day.

So yeah... Turbogeek, Lounge Lizard, Rmiao, Jonathan, CountryBoy, Doc Milo, Itala Marzullo, Darth Boricua, sirdizzy, Qui-Gon, JinnFizz and many others... I was part of that original group. It makes me feel a little old sometimes, especially thinking about how soon the community will be 10 years old... I started posting here when I was just short of 21 years old. I'm 29 and half now. But, I still consider this place to be a sort of home on the internet, a place that is comfortable to me because of the amazing people here whom I have come to know. I think I'll probably always feel that way for as long as this board is around.

Darth Binky
Dec 22nd, 2007, 03:33:54 AM
Followed a friend of mine to here since my main board seems to be in its death throes

Sprocket Gearhead
Dec 25th, 2007, 10:27:58 AM
I followed a friend of mine when we got Internet some time in 2000. The friend was Verse Dawnstrider, for those of you who know of him. I was Sten the Chimp in the Ezboard version of Fans, until the TSE/GJO split. Then I took Sten to TSE, and Rped other characters at GJO, and the rest is history, including the several lengthy RL-based absences.....

Tri'ahna Zylary
Jan 7th, 2008, 05:52:48 AM
Ahem.... I first found my way here after Thrawn spammed my own board, sometime back in 2000. Had a really great time with my small army of characters, but things went a bit wrong somewhere down the line (and RL got in the way in a major way, too). Left, tried to keep up playing somewhere else for a while but it just wasn't the same.....
I've been considering returning for a long time but kept telling myself that Real Life had killed my creative spark completely. But lately I've got a bit more time, and so..... well, here I am, ready to roleplay again (if you'll have me)

Aretsuya
Jan 21st, 2008, 12:00:22 AM
Watched my sister use it for quite a few years and decided to give it a shot.

Kinda straying from the topic, but I've tried so hard to get myself addicted to different online games, but it never worked out for me. Oh, how I wish I had what it takes to be a gamer...

Alpha
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:00:42 PM
Hmmm...I was in middle school when I first startd here, so it'd've been 2000 or 2001 when I first came aboard. I followed an old-timer General Scorpion over to when The Sith Council was still around and fairly large. Went over to the Sith Empire after that and then to the Jedi and then back to Sith and then back to Jedi...I think there might've been a bit more switching, can't be sure. Wow. I've really missed this place. I spent a good chunk of my teen years here. Now that I'm 20, I guess I don't count as a Young One anymore. :D lol

Tri'ahna Zylary
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:41:16 PM
Oh my... if it isn't my favorite Force-User..... the one against which using Pepper-spray was most effective! Now I wish I could bring Isard back.... :whip

Alpha
Jan 21st, 2008, 01:46:51 PM
Gah, I remember that. :) Well, the character is actually a different one this time (just with the same nickname). :) Now if only I could find some rafters again I'd be at home. :D

Emily Srawd
Jan 24th, 2008, 10:29:58 AM
I found this place 'cause got bored and wanted to roleplay. A checked WAY TOO MANY SITES until I found this. It wasn't abandoned, no one was a real jerk, and it looked really fun. So, blame Google!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 24th, 2008, 03:09:13 PM
Welcome to 'Fans! :)

And hooray for Google - not many people find us that way. :D

HK-48
Jan 24th, 2008, 09:01:21 PM
Sorry, Spyre is my friend's account. I showed him this site. But I look at the top 200 SW RP sites and you guys were pretty high up there. You weren't dead, so, it works!!!!!

Dalamar DeSang
Jan 30th, 2008, 09:41:40 PM
Hk Uhh your side pic looks pretty familiar to me. Where have I seen it before hmmmm? Lol glad you like it..

PRIMUS
Feb 1st, 2008, 11:09:47 AM
I am as big a Transformers fan as I am a Star Wars fan and while I was hanging out on my favorite TF site I decided to search for a new SW site to go to cause usually I just visit StarWars.com (The Official Site) anyway sometimes I need to escape TF world for a little and go to my SW place, and well I chose here, so just as The Cybertron Archive is my main TF home, I now declare SW-Fans.net my main SW home...if you'll have me.:D

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 1st, 2008, 11:53:54 AM
Welcome aboard, Primus :D

PRIMUS
Feb 1st, 2008, 12:09:58 PM
Thanks, Happy to be here!

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 1st, 2008, 05:26:19 PM
oh I dunno... Transformers? How can you like that geeky stuff? :\

;) :mneh

Welcome to 'fans! We're proud to be your new SW home! And, we even have some uber Transformers geeks among us.

PRIMUS
Feb 1st, 2008, 07:47:16 PM
Heeeeeey!:( , TF isn't geeky, it's pure unadulterated greatness:p. Thanks for the welcome though guys, this place is great!!:D

Daska Greyhelm
Feb 14th, 2008, 05:27:14 PM
My significant other provided me the link to this site... many eons ago. ;)

PRIMUS
Feb 14th, 2008, 06:58:39 PM
Welcome to the club Daska Greyhelm, and Kudos to your significant other for showing you the way!!

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 15th, 2008, 08:08:13 AM
Welcome back then, Daska ;)

Daska Greyhelm
Feb 15th, 2008, 02:31:52 PM
Thanks, I should be bringing Amalia back to the board soon. :)

Loran Soren
Mar 12th, 2008, 09:50:37 PM
Mine is easy... How it happened simple... "Hey bro check this out!"

< -- hooked.. for years on end..

All to easy to just selfishly blame my brother for RP addiction. swfans.(net).

But alas, I am not that cold..

TheHolo.Net
Mar 13th, 2008, 05:36:14 AM
It can post! :eek

Neeve Anya
May 15th, 2008, 06:47:27 PM
Salem Ave pointed me over here. :)

Razielle Alastor
May 15th, 2008, 07:29:45 PM
Hello there, Neeve... ;)

Dasquian Belargic
May 15th, 2008, 07:36:33 PM
Salem Ave pointed me over here. :)

:D Ah, I'm glad you came.

Shawn
Jul 4th, 2008, 10:53:03 PM
I'm going to go into the overly verbose explanation, since "I followed my friend" is a boring response.

Back in, oh, I dunno... 2000? I used to be a huge Legacy of Kain fan. The first message board I ever posted on was the official LoK forums on the Eidos website. General mod tyranny and jerkiness led several of the most prominent members to leave and create our own forum on - what else? - EZBoard. The forum was called the Nosgothic Realm, and is still running, for what it's worth.

One day, I noticed that one of the forum posters had a link in his sig that said something to the effect of "Become a Jedi!" and, being the huge SW geek that I am, I couldn't resist. That was "Unknown Number", who later changed his name to "Jedi Stone" or some variation thereof.

And that's about it. I continued to use my "Nupraptor" psuedonym, and one of the crummiest, fan-fic character histories ever. But hey, it was 2000 and I was still new to this whole roleplaying thing. I miss the heydey of roleplaying, but I just don't think I could ever do it again. I still think I had the most rocking table sig ever, though. :D

Edit: For anyone who cares: Nupraptor is a minor character in the LoK series. When I joined the Eidos messageboards, I wanted some LoK related name, but I didn't want to choose any of the "popular" characters like Kain, Raziel, Malek, etc. Nupraptor is essentially the catalyst of the events of the entire series, yet never actually makes an appearance.

Alpha
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:16:45 PM
I always wondered where you had gotten your name from, Shawn. :)

Daiquiri
Jul 11th, 2008, 08:59:20 PM
My story is the same as Hera's. Started at TalkCity, then 'moved' with Hera to ShadowFaene. Met Ogre, Havok and went to Meras for a time, then tagged along to find myself here. Think I rpd altogether for 5 - 5 1/2 years but left a couple of years ago. Ny creativity simply vanished overnight; my family was also going through a rough stage - enough to suck my brains dry, lol!

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 11th, 2008, 09:06:43 PM
:glomp Daiq!!!!

Daiquiri
Jul 11th, 2008, 09:11:25 PM
:glomp Dasq!!! :glomp

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 11th, 2008, 09:15:30 PM
Oh, Lady Van-Derveld... never leave us again! :love

Randall Rudd
Jul 11th, 2008, 09:23:14 PM
Yeah you have to stay now!!!

Daiquiri
Jul 11th, 2008, 09:27:18 PM
Lady VanDerveld; tis a name Ive not heard for some time. My husband Vega... that scamp has run off somewhere and didnt leave a forwarding address.......again!!

Hera wants to kill me (or at best just beat me senseless) for betraying her command about Ezra...just cant seem to keep myself out of trouble around here! Im homeless, husbandless and broke........but dayam, I still look good! :p

Leave? Nay, I shant. Where else can I get my :love

Banner Laverick
Jul 11th, 2008, 09:28:03 PM
Daiq! :hug [/Dae]

This thread is going to be filled with these posts now :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 11th, 2008, 09:28:59 PM
And so it should be. Daiq deserves teh loves :)

Daiquiri
Jul 11th, 2008, 09:30:15 PM
Dae!!! :hug

Daiquiri
Jul 11th, 2008, 09:32:09 PM
Umm, hi Randall....?

Sanis Prent
Jul 11th, 2008, 09:37:47 PM
Umm, hi Randall....?

lol oops, thats me :)

Daiquiri
Jul 11th, 2008, 09:39:49 PM
Hey darlin - great to see you!

Alpha
Jul 11th, 2008, 09:55:25 PM
Daiq! You're back. :D I hope you remember me. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 11th, 2008, 10:34:48 PM
OMG !!! :hug Daiq!!!! :eee

Kelly Perris
Jul 11th, 2008, 10:51:23 PM
Daiq! ^___^:glomp

<---- *is Miriya*

Daiquiri
Jul 12th, 2008, 12:38:18 AM
Hey, Alpha! Remember you? Of course I do! Are you still a repugnent Jedi? ;) ;)

Hi Lolly! Congrats on the baby!! You must tell me all about him/her!!! Cant wait to hear!!

Miriya, how are you?? Hope all is well!

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 12th, 2008, 07:08:05 AM
OMG is Daiq!!!

Daiquiri
Jul 12th, 2008, 09:30:36 AM
Mornin', Miranda!! How ya be?

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 12th, 2008, 09:56:58 AM
<--- is Dalethria ;)

Daiquiri
Jul 12th, 2008, 10:10:13 AM
I remembered but didnt think you used that name much anymore ;)

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 12th, 2008, 10:13:37 AM
:D I was just making sure. You've been gone for soooo long :(

Kelly Perris
Jul 12th, 2008, 11:35:32 AM

Hi Lolly! Congrats on the baby!! You must tell me all about him/her!!! Cant wait to hear!!

I'm pretty good. My life has been a particular hell that makes me want this year to be over, but I'm still doing pretty good despite that. :)

Alpha
Jul 12th, 2008, 11:49:55 PM

Well, my Alpha character in this universe hasn't seen much of anything yet. Still not sure what I'ma do with him in this place. :)

Estelle Russard
Jul 14th, 2008, 05:09:43 PM
Hera wants to kill me (or at best just beat me senseless) for betraying her command about Ezra...just cant seem to keep myself out of trouble around here! Im homeless, husbandless and broke........but dayam, I still look good! :p

Somehow, I think Hera might forgive you already :rolleyes
And Vampypants is still kickin' around here someplace. He has a fondness for vanishing acts, though. Now him, Im sure Hera would still beat senseless..

Welcome back Daiqule :hug

Daiquiri
Jul 14th, 2008, 10:40:51 PM
^ :love :love ^

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 15th, 2008, 01:49:17 AM
The baby is awesome! Sort of a horrific birth, but it all turned out okay and I'd go through it again in a second. He was worth it. :)

Now, you have to stay you know. No more leaving! *brandishes chains*

Daiquiri
Jul 15th, 2008, 02:21:56 AM
Chains!!! :crack

Sorry to hear that it was difficult :hug Yes, they are worth it, arent they?

Ezra
Jul 16th, 2008, 06:49:04 PM
Did someone say chains?!?! :D

And just when I thought there was no more trouble to get into... *chuckles*

*POUNCES* How YOU doin'?

Daiquiri
Jul 16th, 2008, 09:25:48 PM
Chains with a capitol 'C', big boy!! Im good (most of the time ;)) and happy to see you!!! :glomp

Ezra
Jul 18th, 2008, 10:33:35 PM
:D *huggles back*

Now no more pulling Copperfield disappearing acts lol.

Daiquiri
Jul 19th, 2008, 01:05:10 PM
Disappear? Moi? :angel

Rhinn Ikthoos
Jul 27th, 2008, 08:54:51 PM
I have a friend that I chat with. He mentioned the site to me, so I joined. It was Reshmar. Simmed with him for a year or so.

Ilias Nytrau
Jul 27th, 2008, 10:42:30 PM
I have a friend that I chat with. He mentioned the site to me, so I joined. It was Reshmar. Simmed with him for a year or so.

It is dangerous to go alone. Take this. *offers up Spellcheck* Use it well, young grasshopper. Oh, and do try not to do anything rash. It might cause you to be eaten - alive, even.

Welcome to 'Fans. :D

Ethan Vallen
Aug 20th, 2008, 09:34:22 AM
Whoops, I just posted this as an intro, but I joined via Razielle!

Razielle Alastor
Aug 20th, 2008, 09:38:38 AM
:eee and I'm ever so glad you listened!

Diva Vestara
Aug 29th, 2008, 08:57:12 PM
I saw Ms. Deville's post on the Gungan's site. I haven't rp'd or posted there in quite some time, but visited to see some current changes. I got out of writing star wars for many months after leaving that site in a self-imposed exile based on principle (doesn't that alone qualify me to be a member here? :) ), and had forgotten about this one, having barely visited it in the past. I'd like to use the same character here, not sure where I'll fit in yet, but am NOT a force-user.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 29th, 2008, 08:59:52 PM
:wave Welcome aboard, Diva. Nice to have another non Force User around. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 29th, 2008, 09:59:25 PM
Welcome welcome! :wave

Ilias Nytrau
Aug 31st, 2008, 12:41:25 AM
yay, fresh meat..

Uh...

:D

Emelie Shadowstar
Dec 12th, 2008, 06:59:23 PM
Ho-noes! Newbie(ish?) alert.

*points at...that...Salem...type...thing* I blame it.

Even if I knew of this place forever and a half. Finally gave in. :dance

*waves at the semi-familiar faces*

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 12th, 2008, 07:04:09 PM
Ho-noes! Newbie(ish?) alert.

*points at...that...Salem...type...thing* I blame it.

Even if I knew of this place forever and a half. Finally gave in. :dance

*waves at the semi-familiar faces*

:glomp you!

welcome back :eee

Xavier Synik
Dec 13th, 2008, 10:33:01 AM
*points at Em*

I blame her... who seems to be blaming Vegz... Thus I blame Vegz...

*looks around*

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 13th, 2008, 10:51:54 AM
I accept full responsibility :smokin

Grace Van-Derveld
Dec 13th, 2008, 10:58:42 AM
For once you did a good thing, dear Brother ;)

Vega Van-Derveld
Dec 13th, 2008, 10:59:48 AM
Shut up or I'll eat your face :mad

Grace Van-Derveld
Dec 13th, 2008, 11:05:03 AM
Promises, promises :mneh

You should worry about that Jedi more then me anyway!

Captain Monmoo
Jan 9th, 2009, 01:09:52 AM
i just was searching for star wars and found this place. so, google, i htink? I like it, very nice! and i like all the diffrent styles there are to choose from, very pretty.

Lykaios
Jan 20th, 2009, 07:57:04 PM
*points at Xavier, who in turn is pointing to the Em type thing, who in turn is pointing to the Vega type thing*

Yeah, I blame all of them :D

Oh, and where is the cake? I was promised cake (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showpost.php?p=196357&postcount=8) and by a howlrunner I want cake!

Did I mention my character has a pet howlrunner (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/DarthLykaios/Howlrunner.jpg)? His name is Virgil (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/DarthLykaios/Virgil.jpg)! Oh, lookit the cute puppy!

And now I'm rambling, don't mind me I sometimes do that...sometimes -_-

Emelie Shadowstar
Jan 21st, 2009, 09:14:11 AM
No more rambling for you. :lol

Xavier Synik
Jan 21st, 2009, 09:58:35 AM
Hey hey hey...

Don't be blaming me... I had nothing to do with it...

*moves and stands beside Lyk so they are both pointing at Em*

Yup. Much better.

Emelie Shadowstar
Jan 21st, 2009, 10:36:17 AM
:|

Xi Darling...let us not forget what that man did to our alternate universe selves.

....wait, that was kinda my fault too, huh? Damn.

Razielle Alastor
Jan 21st, 2009, 11:12:19 AM
Lyk! :eee:eee:eee

Yeeeeeeee, happy! :D

Callista
Jan 21st, 2009, 03:04:24 PM
*throws rotten apples at the wolf*

Lykaios
Jan 21st, 2009, 06:46:09 PM
Yup. Much better.
*tilts head to the side* Hmmm...yeah, you're right

:|

Xi Darling...let us not forget what that man did to our alternate universe selves.

....wait, that was kinda my fault too, huh? Damn.
It was just a finger >: at least for you it was :D and yes, 'twas your fault

Lyk! :eee:eee:eee

Yeeeeeeee, happy! :D

I happy that you is happy

*throws rotten apples at the wolf*

*moves to the side*

O_o sup with the flying rotten produce?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 21st, 2009, 06:52:57 PM
Welcome to SW-Fans! :wave

Lykaios
Jan 21st, 2009, 10:31:30 PM