PDA

View Full Version : Chandrila?

Sergeant Michael Brand
Aug 8th, 2006, 08:17:55 PM
I chose Chandrila as Sergeant Brand's homeworld because it has a history of opposition to the Empire, and because it's one of the Core Worlds, so it probably would warrant a lot of Imperial attention. Has anything been established about Chandrila since the reset?

What I'm looking for is a planet that's come under pretty heavy Imperial occupation but has been a flashpoint for rebel actions, especially in the cities. Brand was involved in a small outfit of urban guerrillas before he formally joined the Rebell Alliance. Now he'd love more than anything to be able to lead a team back to his homeworld and liberate it from the Imperials. Would Chandrila fit that bill?

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2006, 08:46:52 PM
Chandrila would certainly fit that bill. It is Mon Mothma's home planet, after all.

However, as a Core world, I doubt you'd be able to wrest it from the Imperials with a marine unit. ;)

Sergeant Michael Brand
Aug 8th, 2006, 09:56:24 PM
It's more a pipe dream than anything else. Just a little spot of sentimental hope in an otherwise hardbitten and cynical old soldier. ;)

Thanks!

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 8th, 2006, 10:01:25 PM
You're welcome!

:)

Lamar Starworth
Aug 8th, 2006, 10:27:00 PM
Oh, by the way Brand. We should muster up soome ideas for battles and such.

With the present sate of the Galaxy I could only expect there to be numerous battles raging about the galaxy at this point since the Galactic Empire is quite frail in comparsion the thriving stance when Emperor was alive.

Maybe there could be some plantery Rebellions directly supported by the Alliance throughout some systems.

Telan Desaria
Aug 10th, 2006, 11:27:41 AM
Ahem., Your rank isnt high enough to make those kind of statements, Starworth. Yet.

The Empire has been weakened by the death of the emperor but the grip the empire hs on its planets is far from tenuous. The Empire is far from 'wuite frail.' The Emperor's death did not obliterate squadrons of Destroyers or kill a billion Army soldiers.

In an empire of a million star systems (which means more inhabited worlds) there are probably a hundred major engagements at any one time and an innumerable amount of lesser actions. It is safe to say that the empire is always at war.

Karl Valten
Aug 10th, 2006, 11:34:59 AM
Originally posted by Lamar Starworth
quite frail in comparsion the thriving stance when Emperor was alive.

I think he meant compared to pre-Endor days.

Lamar Starworth
Aug 10th, 2006, 12:46:06 PM
Originally posted by Karl Valten
I think he meant compared to pre-Endor days.

Yeah, thats what I meant. I was pointing at there not being an actual central power any longer. Especially with Khendon vying for power and Anar being nearly assassinated.

Tiberius Anar
Aug 11th, 2006, 04:36:44 AM
Yes, indeed. Watch the wailing and lamentations that follow my apparent demise. Of course they will be nothing to the wailings and lamentations when it becomes obvious that I survived. Hehe.

Just as an observation, I think Lamar is perfectly entitled to ruminate upon the state of the Empire as are we all. It's a corporate effort and we all get our say, no matter our 'rank' (which by the way is an IC thing not an OOC thing in my opinion.)

Teleran Balades
Aug 11th, 2006, 09:02:00 AM
If you need a fleeter, just give me a ring.

Sanis Prent
Aug 11th, 2006, 05:33:10 PM
Chandrila is probably more ripe for a terror cell / insurgency than anything.

Hawkins Grime
Aug 11th, 2006, 06:28:37 PM
Yeah, and that in a later point in the timeline, that the INQ PN bases themselves there while they remove an already determined target, the rivalry between PN and guerilla Rebel units in an urban environment would make for a great story I think

Telan Desaria
Aug 14th, 2006, 08:37:58 AM
indeed it would. Turn it into a stalingrad-size engagement with red uniformed INQ troops kicking in every door, Walkers in the streets....

Karl Valten
Aug 14th, 2006, 09:09:02 AM
Yes, we finally have a decent sized battle. Oh, please let us use drop pods........I like drop pods.

Telan Desaria
Aug 14th, 2006, 10:54:50 AM
Go ahead. Drop pods approved.

Lamar Starworth
Aug 14th, 2006, 12:09:18 PM
When will this be taking place in the timeline?