PDA

View Full Version : Hutt Palace Adoption Agency (complete)

Kallum Romanoch
Aug 5th, 2006, 11:10:54 AM
The palace wasn't as dank and sluggish as Kallum had expected. He was disappointed that the Hutts no longer inhabitted it since he'd only ever seen one once before. He sat opposite a sliding durasteel door which hissed when it opened. Whoever was inside, he was yet to catch a glimpse of them. Sat next to him was his minder; a great burly man with muscles to big for his clothing, a brutal scar scored his face from cheek to chin, veins bulged from his neck and piercings protruded from his scarred lip, broken nose, and bitten ear. The mohawk on his head was neon pink.

"Stay," he muttered.

Kallum watched him step nervously up to the door, he paced back and forth for a moment, he was not a patient man. Then finally, he grunted disapproval and rattled his artificial chromium knuckles against the door.

TT-8L/Y7
Aug 5th, 2006, 11:46:20 AM
:: A small port opened in the door, and out came a spy eye droid ::

"H'chu apenkee!!!"
(Greetings!!!)

:: It darted from side to side, blinking as it scrutinized the two beings at the front gate ::

"Kee chai chai cun kuta???"
(What are you doing here???)

Kallum Romanoch
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:01:47 PM
The man took a step away from the droid. He scratched the back of his head where there was a tattoo of a pole-dancing twi'lekk, underneath which it said 'Lattia'. He stammered a little and turned to the boy for help. He muttered a translation of what it had said.

"We're here to see the boss," said Kallum, standing up.

The man put a hand on his shoulder and shoved him back into his seat. Kallum folded his arms and scowled.

"We have come to ask a favour," he added.

TT-8L/Y7
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:21:27 PM
"Hi chuba da naga???"
(What do you want???)

Kallum Romanoch
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:26:12 PM
The minder turned his head to the boy, and whispered a translation again.

"He," Kallum said, pointing at his minder.

"Wants to get rid of me."

TT-8L/Y7
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:41:19 PM
:: The droid blinked a few more times, then disappeared back into the door. A moment later, the gate slid open ::

Kallum Romanoch
Aug 5th, 2006, 12:48:05 PM
Kallum stood immediately and walked forward. His minder held out his arm to stop him. He looked up to recieve a reprimanding stare and took a step back. The minder walked in first, shoulders back, chest puffed out and Kallum trudged in behind him.

Kazia
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:41:36 PM
:: Halfway down the main corridor, a Zeltron clad in painted-on black leather stood waiting for them ::

Rodian Enforcers
Aug 5th, 2006, 02:46:51 PM
:: The entry gate closed behind them, and they were quickly flanked by a welcoming commitee of armed Rodians ::

Kallum Romanoch
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:09:07 PM
Kallum glanced behind at the silent armed Rodians. He didn't flinch, aliens with guns were commonplace where he came from. However, semi-naked beauties clad in acrylic attire was something he'd never before laid eyes upon. His eyes bulged and his jaw dropped. He gawked at the woman and failed to snap out of her spell, even when he walked into his minder's back.

Kazia
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:38:06 PM
:: Kazia led them down to the throneroom and beckoned them to take a seat at tthe great table, upon which was being served a feast of surreal proportions ::

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 5th, 2006, 03:45:32 PM
:: The Throne Room itself was alive with activity. Musicians played, courtiers reveled, and dancers with painted bodies undulated to the music. At the center of all the decadance Sorsha sat in an ornate chair, scrutinizing the visitors with a feline gaze ::

Kallum Romanoch
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:31:06 PM
It was easy to see who was in charge around here, the vigo had a presence about her, but Kallum was all too easily distracted by the dancers. His wondered about the people who painted the dancers and wondered if there were any job-openings. The boy smirked.

"Vigo Kasajian, I have come here to offer my services to you!" declared the man, he bowed his head slightly.

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 8th, 2006, 01:11:36 PM
"And what services might those be, dear man?"

Kallum Romanoch
Aug 8th, 2006, 01:32:16 PM
"I did some enforcer work for Mischa the Hutt in the past, and up until recently, I was a mercenary with the Silver Spiked Demons on Nar Shaddaa. I'm happy with whatever work you have for me."

Kallum shifted his weight from foot to foot and took in his surroundings. He grew quickly bored of his minder's resume. He looked at the woman with whom his minder spoke, her eyes were fierce and calculating. Kallum wanted to know what she was thinking.

"If you need any kind of reference, my name should carry a worthy reputation in the right circles: Alfred Diggs."

Kallum scoffed with amusement upon discovering his name, and quickly disguised his laughter as a cough. He looked down and scuffed his foot against the floor.

"Al Diggs," Al added.

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 8th, 2006, 01:41:29 PM
:: Sorsha looked at the man dubiously, and turned her attention to Kallum ::

"... and why are you here, boy?"

Kallum Romanoch
Aug 8th, 2006, 01:45:53 PM
"Because Alfred here," he grinned, "He wants to get rid of me."

Kallum gestured at Al with the tilt of his head.

"I don't know why. I don't bite. Promise."

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 8th, 2006, 02:02:33 PM
:: The Throne room filled with raucous laughter at Kallum's statement, not so much at his expense, but at Alfred's. Sorsha raised a hand and the courtiers quieted down. One of her minions, a Nagai, whispered something into her ear as he poked an accusing finger Alfred's way ::

Kallum Romanoch
Aug 8th, 2006, 02:09:02 PM
The woman's assistant sported a fantastic head of hair. Kallum saw his gesture and looked up at Alfred. He looked nervous and took a couple of steps backwards. Kallum casually side-stepped away from the man, sensing something bad heading his way.

Corvus
Aug 8th, 2006, 02:44:56 PM
:: Alfred unwittingly backed into Corvus and got blasted across the back of the head with a forearm shot ::

Kallum Romanoch
Aug 8th, 2006, 03:07:32 PM
Kallum saw it coming. The same cannot be said for Alfred.

He reeled forward from the blow, stumbled but failed to lose his footing. Quick to retaliate, Al spun around, bringing a fist with him and aimed it at the taller man's jaw.

Kallum steadily backed away from the brawl.

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 8th, 2006, 03:33:33 PM
:: Sorsha sat grinning, watching the mercenary put up a good fight, but he was quickly overpowered by Corvus and taken down by the gathered courtiers ::

"Get the box." she ordered.

:: Diggs struggled wildly as Sorsha's minions grasped him, tugging at his hair and face as they dragged him to a coffin-sized box ::

"Put him in."

:: Kallum could hear some chitinous things clicking inside of it as the man was shoved inside and the lid slammed down. Muffled curses quickly tranformed into hideous screams as the Brachno-jag started stripping the flesh from Alfred's bones ::

Kallum Romanoch
Aug 8th, 2006, 04:41:44 PM
Kallum stared at the box as it shook in time with Alfred's desperate attempt to escape. His screams turned the boy cold but there was something profound about the moment but he couldn't understand what. He took a couple of cautious steps closer to the box then stopped and looked at the woman. He steeled his nerves.

"You got a smaller box?"

Corvus
Aug 8th, 2006, 05:06:22 PM
:: Corvus slapped his hand down on Kallum's back, snatching him up off his feet by the scruff of the neck ::

"What for, kid??? You'll fit in there just fine!!!"

:: Then he burst into laughter as he dropped Kallum right in front of the box with the screaming man inside ::

Kallum Romanoch
Aug 8th, 2006, 05:46:12 PM
Kallum felt sick when he hit the ground next to the Boo Box. It jerked and hit his foot. He quickly distanced himself.

"Don't give the bastards the satisfaction!" he thought.

He swallowed hard and stood. His jaw clenched and he looked the woman straight in the eye. His expression was stone cold. Instead of speaking, he simply shrugged carelessly with his hands open to either side as if taunting: "And what?"

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 8th, 2006, 05:58:51 PM
:: Sorsha locked eyes with Kallum, and stared unblinking like a serpent. Then she grinned widely at him after a long silence ::

"I like you. What's your name, boy?"

Kallum Romanoch
Aug 8th, 2006, 06:04:53 PM
Slowly, his expression changed. He was uncertain.

"Kallum," he said, "Kallum Romanoch."

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 9th, 2006, 01:43:39 PM
"Tell me, Kallum. Where would you like to go now?"

Kallum Romanoch
Aug 9th, 2006, 01:56:30 PM
Kallum was about to give an honest answer then stopped himself. He thought for a moment then shrugged.

"I don't care, really. As long as I have a roof over my head and warm grub in my belly."

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 9th, 2006, 02:14:58 PM
"Then you may stay with me, until you decide otherwise."

:: She motioned to the table, at the opulent feast that stretched across it from end to end. If she had to guess, he probably hadn't had a decent meal in quite awhile ::

Kallum Romanoch
Aug 9th, 2006, 02:24:10 PM
Kallum stared at the table loaded with food and looked at the woman. She was watching him. He edged closer to the table and took a seat opposite her. In awe of the epic banquet laid out before him, Kallum found it difficult hiding his glee. The corner of his mouth cracked into a smile.

"Thanks," he said to the woman.

He threw himself forward, lashing out in every direction, he grabbed a bit of everything and piled it up on his plate. He didn't know what any of it was other than meat, fruit, vegetables, and pastries. When his arms had stopped flailing about he tore a chunk out of an enormous leg of meat with his teeth. Immediately, his alien surroundings, the blaster-wielding henchmen and the muffled screams coming from the box all disappeared.

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 9th, 2006, 02:42:55 PM
:: Activity in the throne room became casual again as the entertainment inside the box expired. Kallum had passed his first test in becoming a member of Sorsha's court ::