PDA

View Full Version : Good for nothin'? Hardly.

Akemi
Aug 2nd, 2006, 05:58:30 PM
Jade eyes wandered over the walls, ceiling, and floor of the corridor she had been directed down. The look of serious intent had been wiped from her face the moment she had popped her headphones back in, resuming her walk down that boring, hallway. Everything was so official. She supposed there had to be a little order somewhere. What would be the point of her being here if it was established otherwise? Normally, such a scene wouldn't be for her, but she needed the money, the rep, and security this place had to offer.

Still, she was a bit out of place. She hadn't chosen a snazzy outfit to go along with the seriousness of the meeting. In fact, she wore the same armor and body suit she usually wore for her ever more common business transactions. Along with that, she had several holsters attached to her boots, upper legs, waist, and back - all filled with her tools of trade. She had worked up a small, but not really small, collection over the years. It wasn't meant as an impression factor or even for intimidation. That just wouldn't work here. She had the feeling looking the part would get her about as far as any other commoner that came looking for HER role.

At the end of the hallway, there was a desk. Seated behind that desk was a receptionist. Her eyes locked onto 'it' and then the door slightly to 'its' right.

"Yeah, uh huh..." She mumbled, slipping the headphones back out of her ears. The music blared in that muffled tone for a moment before she shut off the small device attached to the belt around her hips. Pasting on a business smile, she gestured toward the door.

"I'd like to speak with the boss."

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:10:53 AM
:: There was an exchange in Rodese over the comm, then the Rodian at the desk let Akemi pass. The room beyond the door was large and richly furnished, and a long obsian table was set in it's very canter. At the far end sat an attractive blonde woman appoximatley Akemi's age. Also in the room were several Rodians. Enforcers and Bodyguards ::

"Have a seat."

Akemi
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:23:06 AM
Don't mind if I do.

Akemi glanced over the various guards and enforcers placed about the room she now stood in. Then, her eyes locked upon the blonde seated at the end of the table, taking in her fair features. Not exactly the person she had been expecting, but she had learned from experience that life was full of surprises - sometimes good, sometimes bad. However, at this point in time, she could not discern which this turn of events fell under.

She took, as it was suggested, and placed one hand on the table, the other resting on the arm of the chair she now occupied.

"Salutations. Sorry about dropping in with such short notice." She offered, her voice laced with a rough accent, though it was hardly trouble to understand what she was saying. Obviously, it had been worn down over years of practice.

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:30:36 AM
:: Sorsha studied Akemi casually as she answered ::

"What can I do for you?"

Akemi
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:20:54 AM
"Well, you see, here's the thing.." She started, adjusting the vibroknives that were attached to the holsters on either side of her hips, away from her legs. No point in being uncomfortable. The guards around the room stiffened and she slowly brought her hands away from the weapons, setting them both back on the table.

"I'm plenty good at what I do but I have a hard time getting word around about my talents, right? That and what I do doesn't always fit the bill with some of the authorities about the parts I travel. It's hard enough trying to manage all this stuff by myself and make a livin'. I hear you's guys can help me out, right? So here I am." She informed the woman coolly, running her index finger along the edge of the table.

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:26:13 AM
:: A look of amusement crossed Sorsha's face ::

"and what exactly is it that you do???"

Akemi
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:34:12 AM
She seemed amused. Akemi pasted on a sheepish smile and rubbed the back of her head. The guards stationed around the room gave another stiff glare in her direction and she tried her best not to return it three fold.

Aw geez..

"I smuggle firearms and ammunition, Miss. Gunrunnin'."

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:47:16 AM
"Sorsha is my name. It just so happens you've come to the right place."

Akemi
Aug 3rd, 2006, 11:58:26 AM
Akemi rocked against her chair, attempting not to scrape the goods holstered on her back. That really would be a tragedy, knowing that she kept them in perfect order otherwise. Perfect meaning - she used them one hell of a lot and cleaned them after she was done. Grinning, she tipped her hand back, poking her thumb into the center of her chest.

"Akemi. A pleasure t'make your acquaintance, Sorsha."

Score.

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 3rd, 2006, 01:06:25 PM
"I assume you've got a ship. Do you have a partner?"

Akemi
Aug 3rd, 2006, 02:05:26 PM
"I've got a ship all right." She replied, grinning slightly. Leaning forward, she rested her elbow on the table and rested her chin in her upturned palm. She continued to gaze at the woman, occasionally her eyes drifting to the others in the room. She must have got quite a few sour deals and meetings a lot of the time to have so many lap dogs to order about. Especially in just one location. Lucky woman. Someday, she hoped to have just as much power. But it'd take a while for her to get there from her current stand point.

"No partner, though. Do I need one?"

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:57:20 AM
"Yes. This is not some backwater operation we're running, Akemi."

:: Sorsha's tone was somewhat biting ::

"It's big business."

Akemi
Aug 4th, 2006, 11:10:38 AM
Okay, so one minus in the plans. Surely it wouldn't be to hard to find someone to tag along with her. A partner. Yeah, right. She leaned back, flattening her arm against the length of the table, canting her head in thought.

"I see. Well, got anyone you'd like to recommend or shall I start lookin'?" She asked, tipping her head the other way.

Sorsha Kasajian
Aug 4th, 2006, 03:21:51 PM
"Not to worry, I'll make the arrangements. In the meantime, let's have a look at your ship."

:: Sorsha rose from the table, and beckoned Akemi to lead the way ::