PDA

View Full Version : Promotion petition

Teleran Balades
Jul 31st, 2006, 10:36:50 PM
I've been reading over a many of Lamar's threads. I don't think that it's about time that he get acknowledged for his writing skilsl and contribution to the Empire.

I believe that he should be promoted to at least Colonel.

Yay's or nay's from the other high ranking officers?

Khendon Sevon
Jul 31st, 2006, 11:03:12 PM
Aye, it's important we recognize him for his skilsl ;)

Boy, get your skilsl and throw it out a window!

I think it's a type of furry animal.

Maybe of the sheep family... or rancor, not sure.

Right, so:

Yay, as long as he wants it.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 1st, 2006, 06:31:22 AM
Just let me know, and I'll update his CT :)

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:43:13 AM
I agree ^^

Telan Desaria
Aug 1st, 2006, 09:20:20 AM
Colonel is good. If he retains a stormtrooper commission he would mecome a regimental commanders. That is three battalions. If he switches Army then it is also a Regiment but the type changes as he would have as his choices Panzer, Panzergrenadier (armored infantry), Infantry, Cavalry, etc.

But I support his promotion. If he does not want it, remind him that Colonel is still Line rank and not a flag rank - he would still be in the midst of action IC

Lamar Starworth
Aug 1st, 2006, 10:20:18 PM
Well I take the job with surprise and happiness.

This is great! :)

Telan Desaria
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:30:58 AM
Now we must change your CT - - and we'll teach you how to be a proper Imperial officer.

*muah*

***laughs with glee as Lamar is sent off to Imperial Finishing School**

Tiberius Anar
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:34:42 AM
Belated yay here.

Who is footing the bill for this finishing school? I suppose it will be me. Honestly, work all day, Come home and what do I find? Hot dinner on the table? My pipe and slippers at the ready? No. I find a bill for some damn finishing school! Honestly, darling, we can't spend all that money on the kids! What about us?

Woah! That was wierd. Suddenly I feel like a brandy. And where's my dressing gown!?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:42:21 AM
That better be directed at Miranda or Bette :p

Khendon Sevon
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:42:30 AM
*blink*

have you all gone nutty?

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:53:34 AM
When the hell did I get married???

Khendon Sevon
Aug 2nd, 2006, 02:42:01 PM
You didn't read the fine print on one of those documents you signed.

Tiberius Anar
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:10:50 PM
I was talking to Telan. But this does give me an idea I simply must try.

s'Il sign this...

Bette Davis
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:32:58 PM
*pops head inside the thread*

Did someone say beer? No?

Damn.

Tiberius Anar
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:35:08 PM
Brandy- yes. Beer-no.

Here sign this deal for a life time supply of beer.

Bette Davis
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:51:46 PM
*peers at the paper* Why does it mention marriage?

Lamar Starworth
Aug 2nd, 2006, 05:02:48 PM
Some girl needs to give me a contract for world of loyal subject with a marriage clause.

Then I'd get two loves in one! :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 2nd, 2006, 06:55:08 PM
I ain't touchin' no pen.

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 2nd, 2006, 09:36:33 PM
Sign??

:: frantically looks over agreement with Khendon ::

You bastard!! :verymad

Bette Davis
Aug 4th, 2006, 12:41:32 AM
Mira, Mira, Mira. Never sign anything Khendon gives you!

By the way, Miranda, I have a surprise for you. But I'm waiting on Khendon to post.

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 4th, 2006, 06:02:07 PM
:: blink blink ::

^^

Bette Davis
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:48:34 PM
Still waiting on Khendon!

:mneh

Khendon Sevon
Aug 5th, 2006, 09:43:56 PM
Khendon hasn't posted? Hah, he's so slow and lazy.

Oh, wait... do you mean Khendon Sevon? I thought you meant Khendon Kine.

*Looks at feet*

*They look good*

*Runs*

Lamar Starworth
Aug 8th, 2006, 01:43:22 AM
Well I threw in the rank between Lieutanant and Colonel between the times taking place before he is formally placed wtih the status of Colonel.

During the thread with Karl, Lamar is a Major. And I'll probably be venturing into another Battle on a planet. I always muster such things up in my pretty little head.

So, I'm guessing before this battle it would be okay that he is formally placed with the stance of a Colonel. If it's okay, could I make it a slight big deal within his ranks because of his young age as a Colonel (19 years old)? :)

Also, would I be designated to a sector of some sort? If so, I was thinking Miranda's or some other active high officals stomping grounds. This way I could get direct interaction with the hierachy of the Empire for my own (devilish) personal goals. :)

Khendon Sevon
Aug 8th, 2006, 09:04:23 AM
In vietnam it wasn't underheard of to have a 20 year old colonel. Not sure a year will do much.

*shrug*

Telan Desaria
Aug 8th, 2006, 11:22:39 AM
Nor during any way. The Imperial Army is much like the German Army. We recognize ability and skill and reward it accordingly.

As a Colonel you will be a Regimental commander, one of thousands. The number of your regiment, its class, will be up to you. Your choices - to name a few, are thus.

Infantry
Panzer
Panzergrenadier
Cavalry
Artillery
Walker
Engineer
Shocktroop

And yes, you may be assigned to Miranda's sector. Now you decide whether you are an independently operating regiment or one that is part of a division or brigade.

You get to fill in the fluff. Thats the glory of being a junior rper - u also get to rp/npc your superiors.

Khendon Sevon
Aug 8th, 2006, 11:36:16 AM
It'd be cool, IMO, if you were an indepent shocktroop regiment deployed to areas of intense fighting. It would also give you very cool RP opps and such.

As Telan said, the details are up to you. There's a lot of potential. Have fun with it.

Lamar Starworth
Aug 8th, 2006, 12:08:46 PM
I'll be going with the independent branch of shocktroopers. When I initially began as a Stormtrooper I was apart of a shocktrooping unit as an underling. Would be fitting, and fun to stand a top one as a Colonel.

Telan Desaria
Aug 8th, 2006, 06:29:42 PM
The Army has its own shocktroosp that are not stormtroopers. They wear the standard Imperial Army uniform with cargo-pants rather than breeches tucked into their jackboots. They also wear a Curiass, or armored breast plate. Field/combat officers and soldiers wear helmets and carry assault weapons. They also carry bandoliers holding explosives and such and more ammunition than the infantry. There is a juch higher proportion of automatic weapons in shocktroop units.

Non-line officers such as Majors, Colonels, etc - men not directly related to combat/attack - wear the uniform minus the helmet. They have the standard Imperial peaked cap.

Lamar Starworth
Aug 8th, 2006, 10:34:54 PM
What about Stormtroopers? Do they have their own shocktroop regiment?

Also, would the limitations of an indepedent shocktrooper regiment be within a sector or could it be a galactic?

Khendon Sevon
Aug 9th, 2006, 10:01:08 AM
Don't worry so much about fake structure.

You want it galactic? You got it.

Lamar Starworth
Aug 9th, 2006, 11:55:13 AM
Hehe, okay. :)

Teleran Balades
Aug 9th, 2006, 05:35:14 PM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
Don't worry so much about fake structure.

You want it galactic? You got it.

Aye, you don't see Prjoect Nightmare just on or near coruscant. We've been all the way from Imperial Center to Naaol (sp?)

Telan Desaria
Aug 10th, 2006, 11:24:03 AM
Yes. I am the organizational master of the Empire. For all of your military questions, come see me.

The stormtroopers do not have shocktroops - they ARE shocktroops. If you wish to command a stormtrooper regiment so be it. Your uniform as an officer is all black (Cmdr Praji, Ep IV)

Galactic - -as you wish.