PDA

View Full Version : A Dark Revelation (complete)

Darth Callidus
Jul 29th, 2006, 09:47:57 PM
In the wilds of Iziz there was a clearing. Amidst the densely packed trees, a patch of uncovered grass stood as a lone oasis – yet there was something far much more foreboding about it than any of the thick woodland that surrounded it. The trees at the edges of the grass were gnarled, warped unnaturally, and loomed over the clearing. Their branches, like covetous talons, blocked out the moonlight from above, creating a cocoon of darkness in which a lone figure knelt enshrouded. It was from him that the source of malevolence in the surrounding life came. His body seemed to radiate shadow darker than shadow; his aura was like a beacon in the Force, screaming out to those able to hear it's call. It was a summons, a sign. She would hear it soon, and she would come.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 29th, 2006, 10:06:36 PM
It was impossible to miss the summons in the Force, and Lilaena slipped over the outer Wall shortly after it began. Dalamar was busy with his duties as General, and trusted her to take care of whatever it was going on in the Wilds. Trusted, to a point.

Brown cloak wrapped around her rough linen leggings and long tunic, she stealthily made her way towards the beacon. She'd spent a lot of her free time exploring the surrounding jungle, and knew where the most dangerous plants were, and how to avoid getting eaten by them.

In a small clearing surrounded by gnarled trees, a figure knelt. Lilaena stepped out of the jungle behind it, silently, her arms folded in front of her.

Darth Callidus
Jul 29th, 2006, 10:13:59 PM
“Good evening, Aylee,” the figure said, not yet moving. For all the voice that spoke was distorted, serpentine even, there was no doubt in Lilaena's mind who was speaking.

“Come, sit with me... I feel we have much to discuss.”

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 29th, 2006, 10:35:03 PM
She walked slowly around the figure that was Salem Ave until she stood in front of him, about three meters away. "Yes, we do." For the first time, she felt a bit nervous. He was more powerful in the Force than she was, at least, that was her first impression.

"You are clearly trained in the Jedi arts." Her face was hidden by the hood of her cloak.

Darth Callidus
Jul 30th, 2006, 09:19:23 AM
“Am I?” the figure asked, a smirk forming unseen beneath his mask.

“I believe you know my name, though I do not know yours.”

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2006, 12:34:25 PM
A half smile. "Aylee, of course." Lilaena made herself comfortable on a stump. The clearing was not natural, someone had made it, thouch it may have been many years ago. Still hidden in her cloak, she added, "As long as we hide our faces, why not our names?"

But she'd already seen his face, often, and he was still in the dark about her. Her lightsaber was within easy reach in case this meeting went belly up. Lilaena reached upward and pulled the cowl back, letting the brown fabric rest against her back. In the greenish moonlight, a white scar was visible vertically across her left eye. "Lilaena De'Ville. And you are Salem Ave."

Darth Callidus
Jul 30th, 2006, 01:08:15 PM
“Yes... though I prefer the name Callidus.”

Unlike Lilaena, Salem did not remove the mask and cowl which disguised him.

“Why are you really here, Lilaena De'Ville? What do you intend to find on Onderon?”

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2006, 01:38:48 PM
"Power." She looked upward, at the demon moon. "I must fulfill my master's wish, and destroy the Empire."

Darth Callidus
Jul 30th, 2006, 01:51:13 PM
Power. Of course. It was what they all wanted, though her second desire was somewhat more unorthodox. “Why did your Master with to destroy the Empire?”

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2006, 01:57:26 PM
She raised an eyebrow at that question, green eyes almost glowing in the moonlight. "For its crimes against the Jedi, of course. For the perversion of the Republic into the New Order. For its unspeakable acts against sentient beings across the galaxy."

Lilaena's expression hardened. What she had been trained for was to kill the Emperor and his right arm, Darth Vader. It was now impossible, as they were already dead. "Onderon is one of the few wells of Force power left in the galaxy. Yavin IV is the only other one I know of, and this was my first stop."

Darth Callidus
Jul 30th, 2006, 02:05:26 PM
The Empire was a troublesome thing, that much was certain, however Callidus had no desire to bring it crashing to the ground – so long as they kept far far away from Onderon. “I must admit, I am rather confused... you seek to avenge the Jedi?”

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2006, 02:08:56 PM
Lilaena frowned, tugging Master A'na Eldhil's robe around her a little tighter, despite the humidity. "To get revenge for them. It is my purpose and has been since I was a small child."

Darth Callidus
Jul 30th, 2006, 02:13:21 PM
“Your purpose is to defend the memory of the Jedi,” Callidus repeated, as if testing the words. It seemed he was not the only one confused. “Would you say, then, that you are a Jedi?”

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2006, 02:22:07 PM
Her confusion grew as Callidus spoke. "Of course I am. Perhaps the last surviving Jedi Knight." Lilaena regarded the masked man coolly. "My master, Jedi Knight A'na Eldhil, trained me in secret after the Purge. I was her padawan."

Darth Callidus
Jul 30th, 2006, 02:27:49 PM
A low, cold chuckle could be heard.

“I see... and what, exactly, did this Jedi Knight teach you?”

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2006, 02:29:28 PM
She stiffened. "She taught me everything. I think that's enough talk about me, however."

Lilaena wanted to cross her arms, but left them in her lap so she could have easier access to her weapons. "How did you come to Onderon, Arkanian?"

Darth Callidus
Jul 30th, 2006, 02:37:32 PM
“I came here for the same reason that you did. My Master had once spoken of the power that was to be found here, and warned me of the danger it presented.” Callidus, who had barely moved, lifted his head so that he could see Lilaena's face more clearly. “She was a Jedi Knight, too... though she claimed the title without any irony. She was not nearly so acquainted with the darkness as you are.”

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2006, 02:41:03 PM
"I don't know what you're talking about." Lilaena's fingers plucked at her robe. "I have been searching these months for the Tomb of Freedon Nadd. I reveal myself to you only because you may know where it is. Do you?"

Darth Callidus
Jul 30th, 2006, 05:41:15 PM
“Perhaps,” Callidus replied, now rising to his feet, standing. “What business do you have with the bones of a Sith Lord?”

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2006, 09:37:52 PM
She shook her head, "I don't want his bones." Lilaena remained seated.

"I see this continuing one of two ways. One: you help me. And two: I make you help me."

Darth Callidus
Jul 31st, 2006, 01:09:37 PM
“Save your threats for someone else, Jedi.” Again, Callidus gave a slow chuckle. “I do know the location of the Tomb... though I'm unclear as to why I should divulge such a secret to you. What do you offer me in return?”

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 31st, 2006, 01:17:39 PM
She'd been called rash by her master. Lilaena could feel how close she was, after monthsr of searching for clues in the city. She had no ship - and commandeering one would have brough unwanted attention. Dalamar had offered his, but that was more than inappropriate, and would have brough official attention to her trip to Dxun.

Her scar whitened as her tension grew; she felt as though she was coiled like a spring. "It was not a threat. It was a promise."

Still, she remained seated. Watching him.

Darth Callidus
Jul 31st, 2006, 04:42:25 PM
“Your... bravado is impressive, no doubt well practiced, but ultimately wasted on me.” Callidus wouldn't be strong-armed. If the Tomb was to be discussed, it would be on his terms. He had the upper hand and wasn't about to let some delusional Jedi browbeat him into submission. “Do you have any idea what is inside that tomb... why, of the many who have sought it, only few have emerged from it alive?”

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 31st, 2006, 04:51:42 PM
Salem's condescening manner was grating. "Of course I do. I'm not an imbecile." She got to her feet slowly. "Freedon Nadd's spirit is not there, but artifacts and remnants of his power are. I've done my homework, Ave."

Lilaena paused, considering her options, "There are also rumors, very hard to find rumors, of a so-called 'well of darkness' that will drive whoever ventures inside completely mad. But I am not afraid of the Dark."

Darth Callidus
Jul 31st, 2006, 05:04:45 PM
Silence. The masked figure did not move. The air seemed to bristle for a moment, and then relaxed once more. “Forgive me if I am trying your patience.” Beneath the icy voice, there was sincerity. In her frustration, she had exposed herself somewhat, allowing Callidus to read her more clearly. “You must understand, however, that so many come looking for the Tomb... it is essential to discern between those who commitment is serious, and those merely looking for a quick fix of power.”

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 31st, 2006, 05:08:22 PM
She relaxed only slightly, Dalamar's cautions about the man ringing in her ears. "Then you will help me?" Her eyes narrowed slightly, "What is your price?"

Darth Callidus
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:43:45 PM
“My price?” Callidus mused, turning his eyes up towards the demon moon once more.

“What do you have to offer? Knowledge, perhaps...”

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 6th, 2006, 07:48:37 PM
Lilaena studied him, and his obscure white mask. She was wary of making deals, simply because she seemed to always end up on the wrong side of them. It was a knack, apparently. "I was trained in the Jedi Temple, I know a great deal of their ways."

She shook her head, "However, I do not know that my knowledge will outstrip your own." Then she had a thought. Dalamar.

Giving up her friend, and former student to this dark master - it would be knowledge that the Queen's advisor would want. But at what personal cost to herself? Lilaena hesitated.

Darth Callidus
Aug 9th, 2006, 10:22:30 AM
“Interesting...” Information in the Jedi Temple could prove useful. There was something more, though, something on the tip of her tongue. He was sure of it.

“Is there anything else?”

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 9th, 2006, 01:35:13 PM
She was so close she could taste it. "No." With Dalamar's barely restrained rage at the thought of Salem being a Force user, she found it hard to trust the figure before her. "There is nothing else, except what I know here." She tapped herself on the forehead.

"Perhaps in time, there could be more." She shook her head, "But forgive me if I do not totally trust you."

Darth Callidus
Aug 9th, 2006, 04:44:25 PM
Once more, the clearing became silent. Only the distant sounds of wild animals and the groan of the gnarled trees could be heard. Callidus turned away, his arms folded behind his back as his eyes searched the sky.

“I'm afraid it will be some time before we are able to take the trip to the Demon Moon... I have matters to tend to that cannot be delayed.”

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 10th, 2006, 09:35:52 PM
She thought about that for a moment. "Matters that wouldn't have anything to do with the recent injury to the Princess Razielle, would they?" Lilaena's tone intimated that she knew all about it.

Darth Callidus
Aug 10th, 2006, 09:49:36 PM
“Hm.” Beneath the mask, Callidus smiled. The recent assassination attempt on the royal family was big news. It was nigh impossible to set foot in Iziz without overhearing some snippet of gossip or conspiracy theory being peddled by the newsstands. “The security of the city and the royal family is paramount... and since the General and his army can't seem to ensure their safety, the duty falls to me.”

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 10th, 2006, 09:56:20 PM
"Must be difficult, being unable to control a man who is supposed to serve the Queen, and therefore you as well. Devious does seem to do things his own way, doesn't he."

Lilaena tsked, walking a bit in a slow circle as she spoke. "He has not changed much in all his years. Believe me, I have tried."

Darth Callidus
Aug 11th, 2006, 09:12:51 AM
“Oh?” Razielle had once spoken to him about a shadowy woman with whom she had seen the General speaking covertly. Perhaps it had been Lilaena. “I wasn't aware that the two of you were... acquaintances.”

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 11th, 2006, 02:54:34 PM
She nodded, "I know the General quite well. Much better than you do. I had hoped to keep my presence here on Onderon a secret from you, or else I would have taken Dalamar's personal ship and flown myself up to the moon already. The art of being... secretive... is one he still needs to work on.

"Though I'll wager you did not know that he was once a student of mine." It was all coming out, and she had the feeling that it was a good thing. To try to hide Dalamar's Force ability from Salem would be nearly impossible now that the advisor knew about her. But if she offered something she almost had, Dalamar's complete loyalty...

Lilaena shook her head slowly, facing Callidus. "Dalamar respects me, but thinks that my actions can be rash at times." She shrugged, "Sometimes he is right. He also hates you with every fiber of his being."

Darth Callidus
Aug 11th, 2006, 03:53:14 PM
“He hated me from the very moment that I set foot on Onderon,” Callidus chuckled. While the General could be an annoyance, he had certainly never inspired hate in Salem. He was an irritant, nothing more.

“Would I be correct in assuming that you have informed him I am a Force user?”

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 11th, 2006, 05:06:06 PM
"I did. He acted on the information with extreme haste. For one that thinks I am rash..." Lilaena sighed. "He thinks you are here to take over the royal government from the Queen, or something along those lines."

Her eyes narrowed, "We do not have to worry about protecting the queen from you, though, do we." At the Masquerade, someone had used the Force. A woman, from all accounts. The pieces of the puzzle were all there, but she couldn't put them together.

Darth Callidus
Aug 11th, 2006, 07:04:20 PM
“No, the royalty of Onderon are quite safe under my protection.” In a sense, Salem had already taken over the government. He held sway over the Queen and of course those who fell under his command in various sectors of the planets government. Harming the Queen would only work against him.

“We have common interests, Queen Adraudia and I.”

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 12th, 2006, 08:59:51 PM
She thought about that for a moment, and resisted the urge to pull her hood over her head once more. Bareheaded in the greenish moonlight, Lilaena studied the masked spectre before her.

"If I can end the Mandalorian threat, will you then take me to the tomb?"

Darth Callidus
Aug 12th, 2006, 09:10:14 PM
To say that Callidus was skeptical would have been an understatement – yet perhaps Lilaena's suggestion was more than just a desperate attempt to convince him. Her relationship with Dalamar was a wild card that he had not expected. How many more did she have up her sleeve?

“If you can do that... yes.”

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 12th, 2006, 09:19:23 PM
She stared at the empty eyeholes of the mask, searching for duplicity. "Then we have struck a deal, Callidus. One I would warn you not to break."

Lilaena pulled up her hood, and turned to leave. However, she was not heading towards the city, but outward and further into the jungles of Onderon.

Darth Callidus
Aug 12th, 2006, 09:49:17 PM
Callidus watched as Lilaena departed for a destination unknown. Given the fervor with which she had pursued the location of the legendary tomb, it wouldn't have been unrealistic to think that she was already setting in motion her plan to put an end to the Mandalorian scourge. As she faded into the shadows, so he in turn vanished into the darkness of the Wilds, travelling back to Iziz City.