PDA

View Full Version : Ubiquitous Intrigues

Razielle Alastor
Jul 27th, 2006, 07:28:36 PM
The events following the "lady in black" using the Force at the Royal Masquerade tightened up on the already rigid security. No one spoke of the event, but it was on the minds of many. The air was thick with suspicion and concealed trepidation. It was as if everyone kept waiting for the next event to take place..

Razielle, never an early riser, was making her way down to breakfast with the Queen and whomever else elected to join them at a late brunch outside in the sunshine. A far cry from her scandalous behavior at the ball, she was the very image of ladylike perfection in a deep blue dress and heeled sandals. Seeing that her friend was already seated, Razielle knew that she was late.

"Sorry Majesty.. One cup of stim didn't get my lazy self out of bed right away." She picked up a plate and piled it high with sliced fruits only, then took a seat in the shade near the Queen.

"Seems quiet out here for a royal breakfast. Usually the whole court would jump at a chance to breakfast with you. Maybe they are slugabeds as I am..?" She picked up a slice of fruit, held it between her fingers and took a bite, leaving her fork on the table as an ornament.

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 28th, 2006, 09:28:16 AM
Adraudia sipped at her coffee, her mood turning irritable when mention of the Court. "Perhaps."

Knowing her luck they were probably weeding out prospective suitors from the Ball last night.

"How are you feeling this morning, your Highness?" Her voice held concern. The Princess was quite enamored with the bottle after leaving her room last night.

Victer Dejan
Jul 28th, 2006, 07:14:30 PM
Victer woke slowly. He didn’t have a hangover, but he was a little dehydrated from the wine. He opened his mouth a little and winced one eye shut at the taste of dry mouth.

“Bleh.” He walked to the unfinished vanity, and rinsed out his mouth several times, and then washed his face. A brief shower later, and he felt wholly sociable again. Victer pulled on some casual but nice clothes because he fully intended on getting breakfast somewhere decent. Satisfied with his looks, he grabbed his sunglasses and put them in his breast pocket. A note hung from the door. He pulled it off.

Captain Dejan, the Queen Invites you to Dine with Her upon the Morning for Brunch in the Courtyard. The excessive capitalization amused him enough to get him smiling.

After security checked him over, he was released into the courtyard, where the Queen and Princess were seated, poking at fruit.

“Good morning, Queen Audraudia and Princess Razielle. May I have a seat?”

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 28th, 2006, 09:12:14 PM
She was not rudely interrupted, but interrupted nonetheless. To her surprise, the man before her was the same one that had danced with Razielle last night! He even tried to help the Queen out of the mess she had found herself in, but was it to impress the Cap’n and Luci or did he do it out of good will. Still, he was a ruggishly handsome man.

"Please." Adraudia motioned to an empty seat with welcome. "I saw you briefly at the Ball last night though never received a proper introduction."

She wondered who he was to shed some light on why the Princess had offered him an invitation to the Ball.

Razielle Alastor
Jul 29th, 2006, 07:52:10 AM
She managed a grumble in reply to the Queen's inquiry as to her health. In truth Razielle had felt better, she was not in the habbit of drinking so much. Tossing what was left of a piece of fruit she could not finish back on her plate, she tried to scoot further back into the shade, the morning was just too bright.

She smiled in greeting as Victer joined them. "Allow me to introduce Captain Victer Dejan, who was singularly helpful in delivering the specialty wines I ordered.." She cleared her throat and sheilded her eyes a bit..muttering the last "and without him we would have had less fun, but we could still see this morning."

"Victer, may I formally present Her Majesty, Adraudia Basillie, Queen of Onderon and my best friend among other things." To emphasize her closeness to the Queen, Razielle grabbed her fork, leaned over and stole a berry off the Queen's plate with a grin.

"Did you sleep well..?"

Victer Dejan
Jul 29th, 2006, 10:42:28 AM
Victer hid a yawn before answering.

“I did, thank you, milady.” He bowed. He moved to take a seat near the two of them, and when he had no disapproving glances, he took a seat across from them. He quickly filled the plate in front of him with a crepe and stacked it full of fruit.

“I’m surprised there are not more people here.” He said between bites. To keep himself from staring at either Razielle or Adraudia, he finished most of his crepe.

“Perhaps you both tired them out.”

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 29th, 2006, 10:50:16 AM
Curious. Most would love the chance to sit next to the Royal Family. For that alone, Victer seemed interesting because the Queen placed doubt that the Captain was shy.

Adraudia laughed and then sip at her coffee. "Well, it was quite a long evening full of much dancing and merriment. But I do thank you for the wine. It was exquisite."

Razielle Alastor
Jul 29th, 2006, 11:19:04 AM
"Lazy all of them.. See how we set a shining example?" She grinned, but at the mention of anything shining, she winced.

"Although, I think I may swear off drinking, for a while at least." It was a bald lie and everyone knew it. She had quite enjoyed herself and the consequences weren't that bad.

"Of course, on the other hand.. things are so much more entertaining when you have little inhibition. A dangerous combination indeed, me and wine.." She popped another berry in her mouth and munched.

Salem Ave
Jul 29th, 2006, 12:07:17 PM
Salem was somewhat late to arrive to breakfast, though not due to having slept in. In actual fact, he had been up for quite some time – and this was evidenced in his appearance as he approached the Queen and her company. His attire was much more casual than usual, due to the fact that he had just completed his fitness reigime workout. He wore a white tank top and some black casual slacks. On entering the courtyard, he was 'greeted' by a number of courtiers, attempting to bombard him with various reports about the previous evening. He accepted the data-pads without a word and, after collecting a plate of fruit, took a seat a short distance from where the Queen and her guests were talking.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 29th, 2006, 01:33:11 PM
Dalamar had returned to the palace, but Lilaena had no intention of letting him out of her sight. He'd said he wouldn't confront Salem Ave, but she had no doubts that the hot headed man was going to do exactly that. He wouldn't be able to stop himself.

The Jedi crept along the roof of the palace, just below the roofline so as not to make a silhouette of herself. Clad in her dead master's brown robe, she blended in just enough with the roof so as not to be obvious. Bare feet for traction, and a simple tunic and leggings underneath the cloak.

Reaching her destination, Lilaena eased to the edge, and observed the royal breakfast with one eye as she clung to the angled roof. Dalamar would be appearing soon.

Victer Dejan
Jul 29th, 2006, 06:50:14 PM
“You and wine are the height of delight and terror.” He agreed with a laugh. He was having a hard time deciding which of the two Royal ladies he found more attractive. However, the new arrival did not go unnoticed. He seemed somewhat anti-social, or perhaps he had his reasons.

“Is that Mr. Ave?” Victer asked.

Razielle Alastor
Jul 29th, 2006, 07:28:17 PM
"Indeed.. and yes he is always this cheerful." And if my eyes weren't so damn sore I'd be staring..

Pouring herself another cup of caf, she began to feel awake at least and less like the walking dead. She knew Salem was nothing short of furious with her. In truth she was actually sorry. She had not meant to put the Queen in danger, or to give him cause to think she didn't know what was at risk by their discovery.

A sideways glance told Razielle that Adraudia was stewing about something more than the ball last night. She knew her friend was troubled by the countless reminders that she needed to wed and produce an heir for Onderon. It was not a pleasant thing to be reminded that it was your duty to do such a thing, not your desire.

Twirling a finger around a raven curl, Razielle tried to think how best to cheer her friend, without trouble. Well.. without much trouble. Her gaze settled on Victer. The man could charm the key out of a lock, she knew that first hand. Perhaps a few moments left alone with the smooth talking captain would sweeten her Monarch's disposition, not to mention give her an excuse to talk to Salem..

"If you'll excuse me, Majesty? I will be back in a moment, if you will both pardon me. Don't talk bad about me while I'm gone." She gave a jaunty salute and rose, taking her cup with her and moved closer to Salem.

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 29th, 2006, 08:45:01 PM
The Queen's eyes flexed on bewilderment but once she realized the direction in which Razielle was heading, her motives for leaving were made perfectly clear. She only understood their relationship from the Princess' point of view and eagerly awaited a chance to speak to Salem about it.

"Well, Captain Dejan?" At least her friend was kind enough to not leave her alone while following her desires. "Is wine your only source of cargo or do you ship other goods throughout the system?"

Perhaps Onderon could find some use for Victer that would profitable for them both. Being so secluded from the rest of the planet, her people relied on merchants like Dejan to keep Onderon fully stocked of food, weapons, and supplies.

Salem Ave
Jul 29th, 2006, 09:09:03 PM
“I see that your friend is still here,” Salem remarked as Razielle drew near. He did not look up from the report he was reading, though casually plucked, with one clawed hand, a segment of fruit from his breakfast plate.

Razielle Alastor
Jul 29th, 2006, 09:22:12 PM
Sitting down, she rested her cheek on her hand and smiled. "Mmmmmhmmm.."

She refused to be glum this morning. Saying nothing for a long time she just stared, completely content with the silence. "I expect Captain Dejan will be staying for a while. "

Wanting to talk to him, and yet feeling completely discarded after last night was a horrid feeling for Razielle. It didn't seem to matter with Salem though, the more he seemed aloof, the more she wanted to cause any kind of reaction from him.

"Have you even been to bed yet..?" It was a completely inappropriate topic, she didn't care.

Salem Ave
Jul 29th, 2006, 09:33:07 PM
“Of course.”

Salem had only partaken of a glass or two of wine, and in spite of going to sleep somewhat vexed, had rested well enough. Unlike Razielle and her guests, a long lie-in was not necessary. While the royalty might have had ample time to recline in the shade, nibbling on exotic fruit and exchanging witticisms with dashing space captains, Salem had work to do.

There was a silence, and when nothing was said the Arkanian cast his gaze upwards.

“Did you want something in particular?”

Victer Dejan
Jul 30th, 2006, 09:27:47 AM
“I can get just about anything. I haven’t had any routes to Onderon before, but I picked up this job because it was interesting. It’s not often someone orders several thousand bottles of very specific wines. If you can get me more specific lists of goods, I’m certain I could arrange several routes.” Victer offered.

“You know, the galaxy at large isn’t very aware of Onderon, mostly due to the nature of the system. It’s not right on any trade route, and real estate is impossible to come by. It’s a place people have heard of, but they don’t know anything about.”

Dalamar DeSang
Jul 30th, 2006, 10:09:00 AM
Dalamar went straight to his quarters after his meeting with Lil. He donned his armor that allowed him to move freely in the sun.

The vampyre went about belting on his swords, polishing his silver spurs. He ordered his appearance for duty. On the Mantle his mask with two red lines like tears of blood coming from his eye's.

Lowering it he snapped it into place with practiced precision. Pulling the hood up, he entered the hall. First, to check on the Queen. She and Razelle would be breakfasting by now. Always first the Queen then the rest of Onderon. He approached the main hall the echos of his boots sounded down the hallway. The words of his former master burning in his brain. "Dalamar Salem is a force user."

Yes, the Dark Lord now knew there was a spider in there midst. Standing in the shadows weaving his webs of betrayal and deceit. A black taint on the Queen of Onderon. Something to strike at the heart and to kill the people.

He remembered his word to Lil. He wanted to honor his word but the more his thoughts turned to Salem hovering over the Queen ready to strike the more he seethed with his promise.

The image was clear in his mind as if he could almost really see it. Large and black Salems underbelly shiny with wetness from the kill of fresh victims. He could see people from all walks of the kingdoms tied up as his victims. As the Spider pranced around in his web thinking himself untouchable. His fist clenched in ever growing fury he stopped. He had reached the main hall. He calmed himself he did not want to give the Queen any cause for alarm. He would just say "Good morning" and check on her then he would be about his morning duties.

Razielle Alastor
Jul 30th, 2006, 10:20:17 AM
Just you.. The words hung in the air, unspoken. Useless, redundant, unwanted. Razielle shook her head, her black hair swishing back and forth. To conceal what she had to say, she swiped a linen napkin from the table and made a pretense of dabbing at her lips.

"I just wanted to say that I am sorry about last night and that it won't happen again." She smiled, though it didn't reach her eyes. She wasn't talking about the ball.

"Compliance and obedience, that's me." She stood, ready to return to the Queen's side, but didn't move immediately. Something didn't feel right. She looked around, her eyes scanning the courtyard, the rooftops, she saw nothing and no one that seemed out of the ordinary. She had no intention of using the Force again or of opening herself up to it so publically after last night, still.. Something was amiss.

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 30th, 2006, 10:28:45 AM
"And when they do, those that wish to evade war often overlook our system." She stated pointedly. "Only nearby systems are willing to risk coming here because they want the Mandalorians defeated just as much as we do. The only other brave souls that come here are people like you, Captain."

With that she smiled. "As you now know, Onderon has much wealth to share for those people willing to take risks. Even for the average space farer that stops in port to simply refuel.

But you are right, Captain Dejan. The galaxy doesn't know Onderon. That will change." She set the cup down and took a bit of her fruit. Her ambitions were far greater then simply winning the war and bringing peace to Onderon. Those were her immediate concerns and took precedence. Anything that dealt with the safety of her citizens took precedence. "I'm eager to listen to what trade routes you had in mind."

Victer Dejan
Jul 30th, 2006, 11:29:43 AM
“I have some other freighters who run through hot space frequently. They would be interested. I normally don’t do a run myself, but I took the opportunity to enjoy the wine country some. As for trade routes, I could not tell you until I had more details. I mainly arrange the logistics and contracts myself. It all depends on the good and the quantity. You provide the what, and I’ll tell you the who, when, why and how.” Perhaps basing himself out of Onderon would be wise. After all, no one would openly attack Iziz, and because of its insular nature, the comings and goings would be easier to keep track of.

He rubbed his chin in thought.

“What’s your biggest specific concern right now?” he asked.

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 30th, 2006, 02:49:44 PM
"Supplies for my people. Food, water, clothing ... those sorts of things." She looked passed the garden to where Onderons children were waking up and starting their day. Some were fortunate enough to do well during the war, but even the Queen had starving citizens. It was why when big celebrations occurred; every commoner was welcomed to come eat at the Palace, to share her wealth with those not so fortunate.

"We are beginning to run low again in the pantry. I need it restocked as soon as possible. I made my concerns heard last night to some of the other shippers that were passing through but I always risk disappointment."

General Devious
Jul 31st, 2006, 09:12:38 PM
The General relaxed and turned the corner instantly his fist tightened again. There was the Spider sitting at the table with the Queen! Razelle's enraptured face looked up into his but Salem seemed to busy to notice. His hand reached for the hilt of his silver dragon swords.

He shook his head and sighed then started to walk out on the balcony to speak with the Queen. HE had after all given his word. Even though he wore his armor he dreaded the thought of walking in the sun. He longed for the days when he wielded the Blood sword and walked in the daylight unafraid. But the Sword was lost for now and he had buisness to attend to.

As he drew closer a shadow flew across the table but everyone was so engrossed in there conversation that no one noticed. Suddenly a flair of a jet pack and a twinkle of light off of Red Mandolorian Armor struck the General's eye's. He was landing right on the balcony. His cloaking device giving way as he moved in for the kill. The General and him pulled there weapons at the same time. The Mandolorian his gun and the General his blades.

What happened next seem to move in slow motion. As the screams filled the balcony and Devious leapt to the top of the table and into the sky. The jet pack spun around uncontrollably and brought them crashing to the table knocking food everywhere. A maid screamed as a red armored hand holding a gun landed at her feet trailed in blood.

Man this guy was tough Dalamar thought he didn't even hesitate. He hit Dalamar with something so powerful that if he hadn't been wearing his armor it would have blew a hole right thru him. As it was he was knocked back and the wind taken from him. There was Thunder as they crashed together in the center of the broken table. The Mandolorian desperately trying to reach the Queen with a weapon that looked like two hooks and sparkled power.....

Jecht Tar
Aug 1st, 2006, 04:30:10 PM
Security had tightened, more guards had been posted around the palace, more weapons were issued and advance training began. Jecht saw to the training personally. A handpicked force were being specially trained to become a commando squad capable of resolving dangerous situations with speed, efficiency, and guile. The group would become the Queen's personal guard, her current bodyguards lacking the skill that Jecht preferred for the ones guarding his Queen. He had yet to name this commando group, but the name "Mors Ultima" played across his mind as got up that morning.

He dressed himself in a sleeveless black tunic, black leggings, and sturdy black boots. His studded leather body armor slipped over his neck and was buckled down to his chest. The armor was light, but strong enough to take a low to medium grade blaster bolt as well as bludgeon and blades weapons, to a point of course. The metal was darkened rather then polished so that he would not light up like a wild party when he wanted to sneak through the shadows.

At last his vibrant scarlet sash was tied around his waists and his twin blades were strapped to his back. He was ready to go. He left his quarters and made his way towards a certain balcony in which the Queen would be enjoying a meal with a group of selected guests. He arrived before all that and saw to the security there on the balcony, as well as the hallways that connected to it and the grounds below it.

Finally the Queen arrived and sat down at the table and dug into the prepare meal. Fruit was stacked up on silver plates and bowls, coffee was served in ornate mugs, and silverware went unused. Servants bustled around, each one having been screened and searched by the guards at the door every time they came in or left.

Jecht himself took position behind the Queen. His all black armor set him out from the other guards, who wore brown leather instead of black. Jecht's long wild hair danced in the slight breeze, but other then that he stood stone still, his eyes being the only part of him that moved as he carefully observed everything.

So when the attacker landed he was ready for it.

The General got to the attacked before Jecht could even move. The General managed to disarm the attacker's blaster, but was batted aside when the Mandalorian slugged him. Jecht hand slipped around the hilt of one of his curved swords and slipped it out of its sheath. All around him the other guards were reacting. Blasters, swords, and spears were brandished as they rushed towards their Queen and her would be assassin. Jecht moved around the Queen and stood between her and the Mandalorian. He growled and moved forward to meet the Mandalorian. He sidestepped the Mandalorian's strange weapon and used his superior agility to bring his blade curving across the Mandalorian's chest. His blade did not penetrate the thick armor, but did manage to knock the Mandalorian off balance, causing it to back step onto a piece of broken table. The assassin slipped and landed on it's back at Dalamar's feet.

Jecht took a step back and took position in front of the Queen again. The General would deal with the attacker. Jecht was there for protection.

General Devious
Aug 2nd, 2006, 12:18:52 AM
The warrior in red was well trained. He rolled as he fell his bloody stump of a hand hardly slowing him at all. His odd weapon flew towards the General neck. But the vampyre was waiting for him with crossed blades. He only chanced one glance at the Queen and saw instead the Spider. His eye's glittered in anticipation. Of what? His or the Queens death. He had played the game with the Spider long enough!! Who would protect her if he died. It would end tonight.

He muttered under his breath. "I'm sorry Lil." With a black gauntled fist he hit the only part of the Mandolorian not armored his face. Cartilage gave way as the General broke his nose. There was a sickening thud as the man grabbed his face.

He turned with viper like quickness moving like a black snake in glistening armor. His short blade from his belt was already on its way. Like a razor cutting thru the air the silver gleamed calling Salems name and calling for his life...

He turned back to the battle hoping the Spider died. Prying his blade into the back of the mandolorian armor he wedged it open. As braces and brackets fell apart the man stood like a true warrior. His hand a black and bloody mess. His eyes filled with pride.

He pressed his good hand to a plate on his chest that was crisscrossed with wire's. He shouted "My Queen LEGION sends his regards." Dalamar reacted fast as he could and leapt on him just in time to be blown back as the man exploded.

Blood and body parts went in every direction along with the Generals body. Hitting the castle wall he was knocked unconcious. His silver sword still gripped tightly in his hand. His sturdy armor badly scarred and burned in some place's. But it held together and saved his life...

Razielle Alastor
Aug 2nd, 2006, 07:24:19 AM
Too much was happening at once. Razielle's eyes turned to the sound of the crash, worried for the Queen. She knew that Victer was right there and somehow suspected that he would be handy in a crisis. Royal guardsmen appeared from no where, silent sentinels that were quick to react to close down the situation and ensure the safety of their beloved Monarch. General DeSang appeared as well and took charge.

She still felt a threat, her eyes were becoming wild, her heart rate erratic. Her frustration grew with every second wasted. She turned in a circle, eyes scanning for another attack, she saw nothing.

Then she did. There was simply no time to weigh any options. She couldn't lose him. He was her Master. Without him she would go back to being pretty, useless, Princess Razielle. No..Her training as his apprentice would end, as soon as it had begun. In that moment something became quite clear to her, she wasn't infactuated with the man, she was completely in love with him. Wincing a bit at the pain that was to come, Razielle turned ever so slightly, directly behind Salem now.

It was strange how it happened, she didn't feel any pain oddly. First she saw an arc of blood spray from just beneath her clavicle, staining the pristine linen and Salem's shirt red. She thought she heard a woman scream. She was pretty sure she heard a man curse. The impact of the blow to her back slammed her forward into Salem, but as much as she would have liked to have explained her most recent bout of stupidity to him, she was losing blood too fast. Everything seemed a bit..dark.

Salem Ave
Aug 2nd, 2006, 10:45:52 AM
“You bastard,” Salem spat. Razielle collapsed against him with a near-silent whimper. As he caught her in his arms, there was a flash of light as the Mandalorian disappeared with a bang, leaving little more than a charred amorphous splatter against the courtyard.

Tearing away part of his shirt, Salem quickly wrapped a make-shift tourniquet over Razielles wound. “Inside the palace, now,” he commanded, taking Razielle up in his arms. Through the smoke, he could see Dalamar laying unconscious. For all the guards had moved quickly to attack the intruder, they had been hideously inept at defending the Queen and her company. Some had even stopped to take the time to investigate the remains of the Mandalorian. Salem's anger was almost palpable.

“Don't just stand there, you imbeciles. Get a medic for the Princess. Now.”

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 2nd, 2006, 12:44:22 PM
Not daring to move, lest her position be spotted by the guards that had doubled in the last two minutes, Lilaena fumed at Dalamar's actions. She hoped that she was the only one who had noticed that the General had thrown the knife, not the intruder, though it was soon obvious that the blade sticking out of the Ward belonged to DeSang.

Royal doctors came running out from the doors that were several floors beneath her high vantage point. Some went to the side of the Queen, some to Razielle Shadana, and two were dispatched to see about the General.

Lilaena eyed the skies then, as two beast riders flew overhead. Not in the lazy arc of a patrol, but with a purpose. If they found her, it would go badly. After the riders had passed, she inched down the edge of the overhang, intending to follow it to the cornering wall.

You can't see me. I'm not here. She had no skills with illusion, but Master A'na Eldhil had taught her how to push the focus of others from herself. The people below would not notice her either.

Jecht Tar
Aug 3rd, 2006, 12:28:45 PM
As the doctors and nurses came running in Jecht remained firmly planted in front of his Queen. A few other royal guards were stationed around her aswell, creating a wall of bodies. Every soldier was willing to give his life to save the Queen. If they could take a blaster bolt or a knife blade for her, they would do it gladly without hesitation. Monarchs and Royalty knew of those features within their people, but he wondered if they even cared for the lives of the guards or just assumed they were there to die for them because it was their duty.

The doctors were identified and searched before they were allowed within the circle of guards to see to the Queen.

Legion
Aug 4th, 2006, 10:31:03 PM
Legion lowered his spectra lens. "Soon Dalamar, soon."
He smiled and the Mandolorian attendant shivered. Legion was just not right. Everyone kept his guard up around him.

"Get the Ship." No one argued. They had made a deal with the Devil for the life of the Queen. They knew there was no backing out now.

Victer Dejan
Aug 6th, 2006, 02:52:51 PM
Victer had pulled Adraudia under the table as soon as the chaos hit. He was, unfortunately, unarmed. His decision to avert trouble with the guards had not turned out so well.

“Oh hell.” This was no time for unarmed heroics. The two emerged from underneath, unscathed. The remains of the corpse wouldn’t be very useful. Victer ground his teeth a little. Security had been sloppy, and too aggressive. Why weren’t they moving her inside to somewhere more defensible? Victer held his tongue. He stood with his hands on his head as Razielle bled in Salem’s arms. He had already been pushed out of the circle of guards that surrounded Adraudia, but not nearly enough were attempting to protect Salem or Razielle. He picked up her feet.

“Inside. Razielle stay with us.” He’d done this before, keeping someone aware so they didn’t go into shock and die.

“Salem.” She muttered.

“He’s right there.” The set her on a table, knocking over what was likely a very expensive vase in the process.

A pair of medics finally showed through the wall of guards that had taken to blocking the corridors. Victer grabbed a pair of scissors from the medical kit before either of them could get to it. He’d seen this sort of shock before, the terror of screwing up on someone so important. He cut the top of her dress away.

“She’s a human, just remember your training.” This seemed to snap them out of the funk.

What a disaster.

Adraudia Basillie
Aug 7th, 2006, 03:15:35 PM
Everything happened so fast. The attack, Dalamar falling in battle, Razielle being injured ... It made Adraudia seethe with anger.

"You Doctors!" She flung out her arm towards the truly injured. "I'm fine! Take care of the General and the Princess!"

One of the Doctors protested. "But ... your majesty ... "

"Must I repeat myself." The Queen's face was rigid but incensed. It was no question.

Without another word they scrambled to their sides as Adraudia faced Jecht. "Search the grounds and tighten security. Again! I grow weary of these attacks, especially inside the palace! Until the General has recovered, you are in charge to fix these glaring holes in security."

Her men had become too sloppy and complacent. After months of silence and the threat of an assassination, her guards had failed. Miserably.

Jecht Tar
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:22:31 PM
Every single one of the Queen's words bit in deep, causing Jecht to noticably flinch. The blame was not on the guards, or on Dalamar, at least not entirely. The blame as also Jecht's. He had coordinated most of the defenses this morning, as a attempt to free the General up and give him the time to enjoy the breakfast himself. All the Queen's words managed to do was instill a sense of self-doubt within Jecht. He turned away and pulled his comunit from his belt.

He issued orders, many orders. Half the guards dispersed from the balcony as they began a room by room search of the surounding palace and the grounds below as they looked for more assassins. A group of guards were sent up on the roof, also looking for more assassins. Jecht ordered the remainder of his guards to position themselves around the balcony at every vantage point available. He and a group of six guards remained positioned directly around the Queen. If she moved then followed, three of the guards a few steps behind and the othe three a few steps ahead, thus creating a moving meat shield.

His mind should have been on the task at hand, but he found himself drifting away into his own private thoughts. All he could think about was his failure here today, which had resulted in the injury of the General and the Princess. But his mind was also consumed with what he had seen, the General had thrown the knife. He couldn't begin to known why Dalamar had thrown the weapon in that direction. Had he lost his grip on his knife or had he purposely done it? What did it all mean...?

Razielle Alastor
Aug 9th, 2006, 04:45:35 PM
She had been just about to doze off, but her eyes popped open at the sound of a voice commanding her attention. Victer.. So nice of him to stick around.. She was relieved to see that Victer and the Queen were unharmed, if agitated. Razielle gave her best brave smile while they went to work on her shoulder.

She knew Salem was close, but with so many people hovering about her she couldn't really see much. She was angry more than anything that she had been hit. She never got hit, she was too fast. She wished she had been armed, she would have killed the bastard who dared an attempt on Salem, herself.

"Ouch.." She frowned at the blade as it was removed from her shoulder.

Before she could even inspect it for herself, a specimen container zoomed over her head and slid shut, containing the blade. "I'll take that.." She followed the sound of the voice, looking back over her shoulder, Salem was right behind her.

She was advised by a medic to remain still, that her movement was making her wound reopen. She didn't care, she was trying to focus on Salem, but he was just so fuzzy looking. Finally, giving up, she just closed her eyes and let them finish on her while she went to sleep.

Victer Dejan
Aug 9th, 2006, 05:22:31 PM
Victer squeezed Razielle’s hand firmly, enough to keep her from falling asleep. She looked more annoyed than pained.

“Stay awake, it will help the surgeons.” He instructed. Salem took the blade. Something about it interested him. Victer had not been around long enough to guess what that might be. Bacta was smeared into the wound at both sides. Her eyes glazed over with pain as the sliced nerves were exposed to the cold substance. The initial sealing agent of the medical epoxy was squirted into the wound, and then the damp catalyst bandages were place over, insuring that the wound sealed shut.