PDA

View Full Version : [WoD] Abounding Coincidences - First Impressions

Fiona Devlin
Jul 26th, 2006, 04:20:43 PM
Northwestern University
November 2004

:: Fiona sat in the back of the recital hall as Mrs. Ceffaclio's students shuffled out the door. All save one who was still busily going over music notes at her desk ::

"I'll be back in moment, Michele. I'm going to run this tape over to the office."

:: Mrs. Ceffaclio smiled and walked out the door ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 26th, 2006, 04:27:43 PM
"Oh, okay Mrs. Ceffaclio." I only look up long enough to smile back at my teacher before pouring back into my notebook. Finals were coming up in two weeks and I needed to pound these notes into my head. Finals for this class meant a recital and I've been preparing for over a month as it was. I'm nervous as hell too. It's my first semester at college, and I don't want to mess it up since I got a scholarship on the line.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 26th, 2006, 04:51:39 PM
:: Fiona watches Michele from the back of the room, but after a minute decides to wander over to the piano. She sat down and mucked about with the keys, playing something loose and bluesy, inspired by Dr. John ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 26th, 2006, 05:00:42 PM
The first note on the piano makes me wince and drop my pen. I had to pick it up off the floor. Next note, I wanted to take said pen and throw it at the girl up on stage. Problem was, I couldn't throw it that far and I didn't recognize the person as one of my classmates. All I could see was a brown hat with blonde locks coming out of it. I didn't want to be totally rude like she was right now.

Once the music picked up into an actual song, I was baffled. Blues music??? Mrs. Ceffaclio doesn't teach that type of music so colored me confused as to why this person was here, cept to make it extremely difficult for me to study.

I get up and make my way over to the piano. Whoever it was, she was having a grand all time bobbing to the music. Honestly, she was pretty good though not my kinda of music. The piano was set sideways on the stage so there was no way she could have missed me walking up, though I didn't walk up the stairs yet. I like keeping my distance from strangers. Call me paranoid.

"Excuse me?" I have to speak up louder then usual to talk over the chords.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 26th, 2006, 05:07:59 PM
:: Fiona turned, greeting Michele with large brown eyes beneath her floppy hat ::

"Hello. Did you have a request?"

:: She smiled and winked at Michele. Her accent was noticably not American ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 26th, 2006, 05:15:06 PM
I guess she was some foreign exchange student of some kind. Not really sure from where but it sounds British, but then there is a hint of Irish with how the vowels come out. Well anyway, splains why I haven't seen her around.

"Um, yeah," I try to be nice but I come off a bit bitchy. Two days with little sleep can do that to you. "Could you please not play right now? I'm trying to study till Mrs. Ceffaclio gets back."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 26th, 2006, 05:20:49 PM
"Oh!!! So sorry." she said apologetically and stopped playing.

Michele Hawkins
Jul 26th, 2006, 05:27:48 PM
"Thanks." My features soften so I don't come off as a total bitch. I'm just cranky right now. "I appreciate it. You can go back to playing when we leave. Shouldn't be too long."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 26th, 2006, 05:34:45 PM
:: There was a rosey glow in her cheeks as turn on the piano bench to face Michele ::

"What are you studying?"

Michele Hawkins
Jul 26th, 2006, 05:39:37 PM
"Piano Concerto No.2 in B-Flat major." A mighty yawn overtakes me. "It has been my nightmare for over a month."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 27th, 2006, 04:55:27 PM
"Ah, Beethoven."

:: Fiona simply couldn't help herself, and broke into the concerto ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 27th, 2006, 05:01:00 PM
My jaw drops and I almost make a mess in my pants. "Wait ... you ... you know Beethoven too?!"

She was really good too. Way better then me. I'm still trying to commit the concerto to memory and here she is banging away at the piano like she wrote the damn thing. I know my cheeks are blushing now because things got incredibly warm all of a sudden.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 27th, 2006, 05:12:09 PM
"Oh, a little bit. I just play for fun."

:: She took off her hat and brushed her bangs from her eyes, then played with the keys again ::

"Cheese and onion sandwiches on derby chinaware
Fiddles and jigs and Woogie my dog and TV havin' a swear
Takin' my dad for a pint or two, a Sunday morning stroll
Licorice pipes and baggy suits, Glen Hoddle scorin' a goal
Catchin' a pike and ridin' my bike on wooden wheels and a bowl of eels
Yes... that's what I like, boy
That's what I like."

Michele Hawkins
Jul 27th, 2006, 05:18:30 PM
I think my eyes bug out. She sings too and ... has good taste. Tori Amos was a favorite musician of mine. I find myself walking up the stairs to get a better look at her. I have to admit, she was rather cute. "You have to be kidding me. You play too well for it to just be fun."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 27th, 2006, 05:29:37 PM
"I've had lessons, but I'm not a very good student. I've been told I lack discipline."

:: she broke into Bohemian Rhapsody, just as Mrs. Ceffaclio walked back in ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 27th, 2006, 05:33:01 PM
I chuckle. "I can see that." She could barely focus on one piece of music for more then a minute or two.

"Well, seems you two have already met." Mrs. Ceffaclio was really cheerful for some reason as she walked towards us.

"Met isn't quite the word I would use." I mean, I still don't know who the heck this girl is.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 27th, 2006, 05:36:33 PM
:: Fiona stood up, with the look of a child who got caught with a hand in the cookie jar ::

"Fiona Devlin." she said with a twinkle in her eye.

Michele Hawkins
Jul 27th, 2006, 05:39:33 PM
"Michele Hawkins." I say and Mrs. Ceffaclio puts an arm around my shoulders and I cringe. Unwanted praise coming!

"She's one of my best students. And I'm sure you will do fine at the recital."

I laugh. "Keep saying that. I might end up believing it."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 27th, 2006, 05:42:34 PM
"When is the recital? I'd like to come."

Michele Hawkins
Jul 27th, 2006, 05:45:47 PM
"Huh?" Why would this Fiona want to come? I look over at Mrs. Ceffaclio who had a smile on her face. No! Say no! Less people coming the better so I don't freak.

"Of course you can come!"

Bah.

"It's December 10th at 7pm for the piano students."

My teacher hates me.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 28th, 2006, 10:01:10 AM
"Well, if Michele doesn't mind."

:: Fiona gave a polite smile ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 28th, 2006, 10:11:51 AM
"Um ..." I look away and find the floor much more interesting since I'm all embarrassed now for being put on the spot. But she was nice enough to ask me and all, so ... "... yeah. I don't mind."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 28th, 2006, 10:13:43 AM
:: Fiona caught Michele's hand and gave it a friendly squeeze ::

"Thank you."

Michele Hawkins
Jul 28th, 2006, 10:23:27 AM
Her reaction took me by surprise. Not many people would take a person's hand that they just met, but I have to remember, she isn't American.

I look up and can't help it as my lips form into a slow smile. Eventho she was a little eccentric, she was nice and didn't take my barking at her the wrong way. Still, I felt a bit weirded out and pulled my hand away. "You're welcome."

Mrs. Ceffaclio rubbed my shoulders and then patted me on the back, ushering me towards the piano. I got the hint. Was time to practice and I politely move myself around Fiona so I could sit down. If I was braver, I would ask how the two know each other but I'm too terribly shy. I like being in the corner of the party, sipping my drink and latching onto my one friend there when they weren't busy. I was only bold enough to approach Fiona in the first place because I take my studies seriously.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 28th, 2006, 10:57:18 AM
:: Fiona started to walk away, then did a complete u-turn to fetch her hat off the piano bench ::

"I hope you don't mind if I stick around a bit, Maria. I don't have to be at Kingston Mines until seven."

:: Mrs. Ceffaclio nodded and Fiona hopped off to take a seat ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 28th, 2006, 11:12:22 AM
I probably noticeably scooted away when Fiona came to retrieve her hat, but once she was gone, I was able to relax a bit. I cracked my knuckled to loosen up.

"I hope you don't mind if I stick around a bit, Maria. I don't have to be at Kingston Mines until seven."

Wait. Fiona and Mrs. Ceffaclio were on a first name basis? What the hell? I look over at the two of them and wondered if Fiona was a student after all.

"Ahem." Mrs. Ceffaclio cleared her throat, looking expectantly at me.

I'm apprehensive to begin playing since Fiona was sticking around so I stare down at the keys and focus on them. Me and the piano have been friends forever. Since I was seven. All I need to do was hit a note and then I should be blissfully unaware of her presence.

I began the concerto timidly for those who had an ear for music. Slowly my nerves started to settle as I channeled Beethoven. My confidence builds as my memory doesn't fail me. I remember the notes clearly and I get swept up in the melody of old. I close my eyes as my confidence grows.

But then...

I freeze as my mind blanks on the next stanza on the fourth page.

"Damnit!" I slam my fist down against the piano in aggravation, causing a tantrum of a sound. I thought I had that part down!

Fiona Devlin
Jul 29th, 2006, 02:06:45 PM
:: Fiona resisted the urge to help, and merely observed as the the practice went on ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 29th, 2006, 02:14:30 PM
Mrs. Ceffaclio spoke to me with some encouragement, trying to alleviate my frustrations.

"Don't think of the recital. Just think of the music." She smiled. "Most importantly relax!"

I hide a smile and bring my hands back up. Okay, gonna close my eyes again and get it right. I can do this.

"You can do this." My teacher said again. "Just take it from where you left off."

I take a deep breath and start again ...

Fiona Devlin
Jul 29th, 2006, 02:22:47 PM
:: This time, Michele played it all the way through without stumbling. When she finished, the brief silence was broken by an appreciative shout ::

"HUZZAH!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Jul 29th, 2006, 02:26:32 PM
I looked like a deer in headlights. She didn't just shout like that for me, but my burning cheeks said otherwise. Who was the crazy girl?

My teacher applauded as well. "That was much better. You just have a few kinks to work out and you should be fine."

"Thanks," I force that much out but I don't know what else to say. That floor is looking really interesting again.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 29th, 2006, 02:31:52 PM
:: Fiona grinned and waved from her chair, then cleared her throat and nodded with a serious face to let Michele continue ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 29th, 2006, 02:37:14 PM
Fiona is insane, but it was her insanity that made me break out of my shell a little and smile.

"So, from the top then?" Mrs. Ceffaclio nodded. Well, then here we go.

This time I had a burst of confidence and dove right into the concerto. I was even feeling a little giddy for some reason but the euphoria helped. I leaned forward at the music peaks and when a low tone was played, my head dashed in rhythm. I was like that through the entire piece and never missed a note!

Fiona Devlin
Jul 29th, 2006, 02:45:28 PM
:: Fiona's fingers played an invisible piano on her desk, forming a kind of synchronicty with Michele. When it was over, she clapped again appreciativley ::

"Sweet Brigid, I think she's got it!" :D

:: Mrs. Ceffaclio laughed ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 29th, 2006, 02:47:34 PM
"You guys are terrible!" But I'm laughing. I'm not sure if I was more embarrassed that Fiona had been watching me play, or the fact that she had seen me play with such passion. It's been awhile since I could channel such ease since coming to school.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 29th, 2006, 02:58:45 PM
:: Mrs. Ceffaclio gathered her things ::

"Well girls, I have some papers to grade. I'll see you to tomorrow, Michele. Thanks for dropping by Fiona."

Michele Hawkins
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:02:49 PM
"Bye, Mrs. Ceffalio." I wave goodbye and go to collect my things. It's kinda an awkward moment since my teacher was the glue that was binding mine's and Fiona's conversation.

After neatly putting my music sheets and papers away, I steal a glance at her, tho I'm trying to focus on my backpack. She looks expectant but I don't know what to say.

"Um," I heft the backpack over my shoulder and lock eyes with the door. Okay, say something nice then bolt. "Thanks for the encouragement."

Okay, time to leave!

Fiona Devlin
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:11:35 PM
"You're good."

:: Fiona caught the door and let Michele out first ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:13:35 PM
I timidly scoot passed her, "Not really."

I love my teacher dearly but the classroom might get a new coat of paint come Thursday when I kill her for leaving me alone with Fiona.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:18:14 PM
:: They stepped outside into the chill winter air ::

"Do you want a lift anywhere? My car is just around the corner."

Michele Hawkins
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:20:31 PM
"Um, thanks but that's all right." I point to the dorms just down the street. "I live on campus."

Whew. Thank you god for lettting me live close.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:27:00 PM
"Well, I'm gonna go get dinner then."

:: a pause ::

"There's a great new place I found. The scampi is fantastic."

:: She smiled and waved goodnight as she walked away ::

"G'night, Michele Hawkins."

Michele Hawkins
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:32:21 PM
Shrimp? She said shrimp. I practically whine and my eyes go big for shrimp is my kryptonite. Too bad I'm too chicken to go with her. I mean, I think she invited me without actually inviting me but I don't know. I'm really bad at reading people.

"Night, Fiona." I kick a stone and head off to my dorm. I live in the Jones building, the one for art students. Five o'clock is rolling around so Paul is probably going to be in the middle of playing the Imperial March on his trombone when I get home. It's rather tradition now, heh. It's our version of the dinner bell.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:41:06 PM
:: Less then a beat later, a '68 Mustang rolls past Michele to stop at a red light. Inside Fiona is bobbing her head to Robin Trower. 'Too Rolling Stoned.' Then Fiona spots Michele as she reaches the corner and she pokes her head out the window ::

"Hey, would you like to come eat with me???"

Michele Hawkins
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:43:37 PM
I blink, stunned. Not sure if I'm more dazzled by the fact she did invite me or the fact she has one sweet car.

"Um," I fumble for a response. "I dunno. I don't want to impose."

I just mentally slapped myself. God!!! I'm such an idiot!!!

Fiona Devlin
Jul 29th, 2006, 03:48:00 PM
"Oh please!!! I'll buy!!!"

:: The light turned green and Fiona chuckled at Michele's indecision ::

"Hop in!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Jul 29th, 2006, 05:09:59 PM
I chew on my lip and look towards the dormatory. I still had a chance to escape.

"Hop in!!!"

And then someone blew on their horn. It was a very lengthy bellow of obnoxious noise.

"Okay, okay!!!" I carefully cross the street and wince apologetically at the man in the car behind Fiona, mouthing 'Sorry'. He just threw his hands up, rolling his eyes.

I quickly get my hiney inside the mustang and close the door. Again he honked his horn.

"Geeesh." I turn around to look out the back window. "I just got inside."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 31st, 2006, 03:06:24 PM
:: The car behind them seemed to disappear into a pinpoint as Fiona cleared the light, and off on the road they were cruising ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 31st, 2006, 03:13:23 PM
I had a second to buckle in before Fiona takes off like a bat outta hell. My body gets pressed into the passenger seat and I hang on for dear life as she peels out.

I'm driving with a mad woman!!! And my eyes are bugging out as everything zooms past me at 50mph!!!

Fiona Devlin
Jul 31st, 2006, 03:27:47 PM
:: Fiona slowed to a stop at another red light as the sun began to set ::

"Rabbits!"

:: She grinned at the police officer sitting at the other corner, then looked at Michele, who looked slightly pale ::

"Well I wasn't gonna run it."

Michele Hawkins
Jul 31st, 2006, 03:32:52 PM
I swallow, wondering where my stomach is. "Th-that's good to know."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 31st, 2006, 03:39:10 PM
:: The light went green again and Fiona drove smoothly two more blocks to the restaurant ::

"Not still worried about the recital, are you?"

Michele Hawkins
Jul 31st, 2006, 03:43:00 PM
"Huh?" She starts to drive normal now, thank god. I sit up a little straighter as my heart starts slowing down a few notches. "Oh. The recital. Well, honestly I'll be worried about it until it's over."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 31st, 2006, 03:48:59 PM
"You shouldn't you know. You play beautifully."

Michele Hawkins
Jul 31st, 2006, 03:49:48 PM
I blush. "Thank you. You do too, you know."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 31st, 2006, 04:06:22 PM
:: Fiona grinned brightly at Michele and got out of the car. She opened the passenger side door, and then held the door for Michele as they entered the restaurant ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 31st, 2006, 04:15:59 PM
It kinda took me off guard to how polite Fiona was. I mean, before I could even touch the car door or the one to the restaurant, she was right there! I blush again and mutter thanks.

When we get inside, the smells delight my nose, though the place seemed kinda upscale to me and I start to feel funny being here. I'm dressed in jeans, worn out boots and third hand jean jacket that has more patches it in then actual 'jean'. I swear the greeter is giving me a funny look so I scrunch up my chin inside my jacket and hide my hands inside the pockets, trying to disappear.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 31st, 2006, 04:57:26 PM
:: The two get led to a non-smoking table, and are served water while they decide on dinner. At the table right across from them, a waiter serves up a gigantic tray of eight different kinds of shrimp, still sizzling from the kitchen ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 31st, 2006, 05:02:53 PM
Me eyes zero in on that entree. Oooooooooh!!! That smells awesome.

I close the menu and start to put it aside but then my conscience takes over. That's a lot of shrimp and they don't come cheap.

I pry the menu open and point down the list of shrimp dishes. Ah "Shrimp Fiesta". I skip the description and my eyes go numb from the price. $17 bucks!!! Oh hell no. No way am I gonna let a stranger foot the bill for something like that when I just met them.

I look for something else. Maybe that scampi ...

Fiona Devlin
Jul 31st, 2006, 05:08:20 PM
:: Fiona pounced on the order before Michele could blink ::

"Shrimp Fiesta, please. And fried cheese." :D

Michele Hawkins
Jul 31st, 2006, 05:12:29 PM
My eyes peek over the menu and they frown. Thought she wanted the scampi? Well, it did come with a portion of scampi ... Anyway, confirms that I'm not ordering that.

"I'll take the shrimp scampi and an ice tea, lots of ice with no lemon."

The waiter took my menu and we were left alone. It weirded me out because I didn't know what to say, so I sipped my water slowly so I didn't have to talk.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 31st, 2006, 05:43:20 PM
:: Fiona ordered a Jamaican Ginger Beer and handed her menu to the waiter as he left, then she stole some hot bread from the basket in front of them ::

"So when did you start playing?"

Michele Hawkins
Jul 31st, 2006, 05:45:34 PM
"Since I was eight." I just answer the question, not wanting to divulge any more information unless asked. Because that would mean I have conversation skills.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 1st, 2006, 03:55:22 PM
:: Fiona paused a moment, gleefully attacking the fried cheese as it arrived at the table ::

"What other music do you like?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 1st, 2006, 04:00:07 PM
I exchange the glass of water for ice tea and hug it close as if it were some barrier to hide me from Fiona. "I love playing Jazz on the piano too, but I listen to a lot of rock and gothic metal."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 1st, 2006, 04:10:20 PM
"Ahhh! It's a pity we didn't bump into eachother sooner. The Sisters of Mercy were in town last week."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 1st, 2006, 04:12:50 PM
I can feel the corners of my face fall to the floor pitifully. I love the Sisters of Mercy! " ... Oh well ... " I shrug and sip my tea. "With school I probably couldn't have gone."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 1st, 2006, 04:49:36 PM
"Well, next time then." she smiled.

:: The food came and Fiona offered Michele samples of the shrimp fiesta to Michele from her own plate, as well as the fried cheese. She was generous and gabbed away cheerfully as they ate ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 1st, 2006, 04:53:15 PM
"Next time?" But we were interrupted by food and man was I starving. Been awhile since I had a decent meal. Hey, don't get me wrong! I'm grateful that the school gives me free food at the cafeteria, but going out to eat? I think I went out to eat two years go, and I'm talking like going to out to eat like now, not making a run for the border.

I thanked Fiona for sharing and listened to her talk away. She certainly wasn't shy. So the opposite of me.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 1st, 2006, 05:06:17 PM
"Anyway," she said. "Trans-Siberian Orchestra is coming by next month. Would you like to go?"

Michele Hawkins
Aug 1st, 2006, 05:13:30 PM
I munch on my breaded shrimp in confusion. Why was she being so nice to me? Maybe she found me attractive and was asking me out ... Well, asking me out again? But, nah. I'm not getting those vibes from her.

I think.

"Um ..." I chuckle nervously. "... I dunno. I plan on working throughout winter break so I might not be able to go."

White lies, Michele. White lies. Better then saying, 'Your extroverted behavior is wigging me out so hell no!' And I do still need to find a job ...

Fiona Devlin
Aug 1st, 2006, 05:20:59 PM
"Oh." she gave a slight pout, ever so slight before it disappeared again. She finished her second ginger beer then quickly excused herself to visit the ladies' room ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 1st, 2006, 05:29:52 PM
I catch my head as it falls forward and begin beating the sides of it. Idiot! IDIOT!!! IDOIT!!!

Yeah it didn't show for long but she was genuinely upset that I said no and chased her into the bathroom. God I hate being socially retarded. I'm used to brushing off people nicely before, but I never had this horrible of a reaction...

Fine. When she gets back, I'm going to make an effort to hang out with her. What's the harm? Right? I've had too many of these scenarios happen in the past and I keep telling myself that'll I change and stop being afraid.

Okay, relax. Breathe. Finish up the shrimp and act cool till Fiona gets back.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 1st, 2006, 05:56:07 PM
:: Fiona came back and sat, with a look of contentment on her face ::

"So, would you like dessert? We have enough time for it."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 1st, 2006, 06:05:27 PM
"Heh. Not sure if I have room tho after all those shrimp." I pause, looking away and take a deep breath.

Um," I rub my neck as I try to get out words that make sense and sound unstupid. "I kinda changed my mind about the concert next month. I haven't found a job just yet so I can try and work around it."

I finally look at her squarely."When is it?"

I mentally decompress. Hey! I actually sounded normal!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 1st, 2006, 06:20:00 PM
"Me too. I was going to get some key lime pie to go though."

:: she sipped her water ::

"Christmas Eve. Hopefully whoever you get working for will be kind enough to let you go that night."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 1st, 2006, 06:21:26 PM
"Eh, well," There went my hopes. "Being a new employee, it might be tough. I can try tho."

Fiona Devlin
Aug 1st, 2006, 06:30:53 PM
"I'll be right back."

:: She hopped up again and settled up the tab at the counter, then came back with two little boxes ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 1st, 2006, 07:04:38 PM
I wait patiently for Fiona to come back, feeling better at how the night was ending. "Hey, we all set?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:06:57 PM
"Aye."

:: she slid one of the boxes to Michele ::

"There's yours."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 1st, 2006, 08:11:49 PM
"Thank you." I stuff it under my arm as we head outside. "And ... thanks for dinner."

I blush when I smile. I haven't had anyone be so nice to me cept my teachers. I'm just too shy to allow it but Fiona's personality was far too strong to just have me run off and hide. She was the first to do it actually.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 7th, 2006, 03:51:54 PM
"You're welcome. Be careful with that. It's pumpkin pie." she said, catching the door for Michele again.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 7th, 2006, 03:54:45 PM
I turn around as we head outside in disbelief. "How did you know I love pumpkin pie?"

That was one helluva guess!

Fiona Devlin
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:00:44 PM
"Just a guess." she shrugged with innocence, and opened the car door.

"You seem like a pumpkin pie girl." she winked.

Michele Hawkins
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:02:21 PM
I know my lips puckered into a pout, feeling self-conscious. "What exactly is a pumpkin pie kinda girl?"

Fiona Devlin
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:18:19 PM
:: She looked at Michele with a flirtatious smile and started the car ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:24:16 PM
Her silence told me enough! My cheeks were burning and I looked into my lap where the bag was and chuckled nervously.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:37:21 PM
"Let's get you home. I need to get to the club."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:40:11 PM
"Ah, right." I remember Fiona mentioning a club she needed to go to later. "Do ... do you work there?"

The way she talked, it sounded more like ab obligation to go then excitement. I could be wrong tho.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:49:14 PM
"It's mine." she grinned, and turned the stereo. 'Swamped' by Lacana Coil played ::

Michele Hawkins
Aug 7th, 2006, 04:54:09 PM
"Really?" Fiona nodded again. "Wow. That's amazing to have something like that. You know? All yours. Must be nice." I haven't owned anything that I was personally attached to since I was six. When my mother died, everything else just didn't matter. It was just stuff.

I roll down the window and enjoy the breeze in my face, getting into the music. Lacuna Coil is my favorite band and it's nice that Fiona digs it too.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:18:35 PM
"You need to come down one night, when you aren't so busy. The music is live and the people are a wonderful bunch."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:19:56 PM
"Maybe." I continue to stare outside loving the chilled night air. It reminds me of mom. All we're missing is snow. "We'll see."

I'm not a crowd person so probably not.

Fiona Devlin
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:24:12 PM
:: The rest of the ride passed quickly and they stopped outside the dorms ::

"Thanks for keeping me company tonight, Michele Hawkins. It's been a pleasure meeting you."

Michele Hawkins
Aug 7th, 2006, 05:28:14 PM
"I had fun." I smile honestly. I really did have a great time tonight and it beats doing the same monotonous routine I do every night which is baracade myself in my room. "Thanks for having me come along."

I get out of the car and walk in front of the car. But before I head off, I turn around and flash a smile and a little wave.