PDA

View Full Version : Just give me a taste

Laurent Delinore
Jul 22nd, 2006, 11:37:25 PM
So much pain.

Devil. Beast. Monster. Demon.

You don't know the half of it.

It was night time, as it usually was when Laurent was seen active on the streets. It had been about a week or so since they: they being X and himself, had taken residence in the run down hotel on the slum side of town. While it clashed with his new sense of style, he had rented out the entire second floor to the delight of the Inn Keeper. They hadn't had such great business in a long while, if ever. That's what they had said. Not that Laurent cared much. He was never inside the place anyway.

Like now. He happened to be walking around the city when he happened upon a dreary square. This side of town. Completely empty save for the howl of wind as it whipped around the worn buildings and the caw of hungry black birds perched atop their lopsided roofs. In the center of the square was an empty fountain. Laurent's different colored eyes wandered over the fountain's design, now partially worn away by the passing of time. It was an angel, missing several limbs, but never the less, still a holy icon. He glanced over and happened to catch sight of what was probably once a church. He could barely make out the faded cross on the double doors.

Everything about this place was so dismal. Like himself, at this point in time. It was the side of the Delinore that one rarely got to see. The events that brought about such a mood rarely nagged at him. Alas, it was coming to the breaking point and, surprisingly, the last place he wanted to be was around people. Too much of a scene and wouldn't dare risk earning one of those dirty looks from the new Princess again.

Distantly, he wondered where X had gotten to. He hadn't seen him most of the night - which, considering their relationship, was a bit strange. A soft sigh escaped his lips and he waited for the sound to carry back to him. But, that didn't happen. Instead, he heard something all the more disturbing.

Xanatos Etanial
Jul 22nd, 2006, 11:46:37 PM
Stomp. Stomp. Stomp. X watched his feet hit the ground with such piqued interest. The sound made him twitch a bit - Stomp. Stomp. Stomp. He stretched and realized he'd wandered off, again. That was happening so often these days, it was really quite ridiculous. BLARG. He skipped off, finished with his feet and ready to find the feet of someone else, someone warm and perfect. Laurent fit that description.

After a few moment he caught sight of his beloved standing before an old stupid building, he seemed most distracted with something. Whatever could be so interesting to dearest Laurent? He started forward towards him and quickly stopped as a sound caught his ears as well and he froze. What... what was that?

Marek
Jul 25th, 2006, 02:27:16 AM
You knew I'd come, Laurent. It was just a matter of time. The pain of remembering all that you took from me. I want to give it back to you.. and him. I have no intention of fading into the background of your psychotic melody. I've only seen you like this a time or two before, but I recognize the hunger in your eyes like any former victim would. How considerate of you to take a walk and spare the foolish beings of this region your monstrous nature. You'd have never done that for me. Perhaps Xanatos has struck a soft spot in you that I couldn't find?

The words swiveled in between the buildings surrounding them, seeping through shadow filled crevices and hovering about their ears like a shouted curse echoing throughout sacred ground. For a moment, darkness was content to just cling to his figure, then, the shadows parted allowing Alaric Mirit to step forward. He wore an unnerving, calm, and collected smile and had his hands shoved into his pockets. His eyes were closed but still downcast, a black forelock straying over them, hiding the slant of his eyebrows.

An ominous wind blew. The puppeteer decided that moment to reveal himself, but not to just anymore.

Marek flipped down from the roof he had been perched on, his white hair melding with the milky moon that hung just over their heads - finally seeking acknowledgement by forcing the dark storm clouds apart. Silvery blasters flashed as they were brandished. Before Xanatos could even think about calling out for help - the tattooed man had already landed and had the barrel of one of his beloved twins pressed to the underside of his jaw.

"Evening..."

Xanatos Etanial
Jul 26th, 2006, 12:42:58 AM
"Evening."

He replied curtly, narrowing his eyes just a little as he swallowed slightly, lifting his chin to match the barrel being so rudely pressed under his chin. He put on as much of a smile as he could, who did this fool think he was? Did he not know what it meant to do such a thing, especially with X's lovely Laurent so near by. Where was his... he blinked a bit surprised to see Laurent and some dark haired man, who... who... looked so very very familiar.

Laurent certainly wouldn't allow anything to happen to his dearest though, right? Certainly not.

"If you were smart, sir, you would let me go immediately - before things were to get very poor for you. Either at my hand, or his..."

He nodded, still not moving much do to the weapon placed at his person, towards Laurent.

Laurent Delinore
Jul 26th, 2006, 01:48:18 AM
Laurent's back went rigid for a moment and then he turned, just as the ghost from his past decided to make his way from the shadows. This was not possible. The man had been crushed by his own roof, some time ago in fact. He simply stared, his mouth pressed in a tight line, to keep it from lolling open. Had he already gotten ahold of Xanatos? His eyes narrowed slightly and he took a step forward, his fists clenched.

"God... why can't you just die? Surely you can tell that Xanatos and I have had enough of you in our lives. Now you have to rise from the dead and hound us? Bad form, love. You lose points for breaking my thought process. Now frell off..." He growled, flashing him a smile, baring sharpened canines, that promised violence.

Xanatos Etanial
Jul 26th, 2006, 02:09:50 AM
Oh wonderful, Laurent was completely distracted it seems, all the better to not save wonderful little Xanatos. He grinned a bit wider, and kept his chin raised, not wanting to give him a reason to open up his head.

"So... nice gun."

Small talk, great plan. No one can resist the power of small talk! Who was this guy anyway? Why did he have a gun to poor little X, and why was Laurent so concerned with the dark haired guy? BAH. He should be concerned with captain white-hair over here threatening him. If he spoke too loudly, or tried to get his attention, he was sure the man would simply shoot him. So that was out of the question - no way to reach for his own weapon, not without again, taking a blast to the head.

"Mind letting me go, then?"

Hey, it was worth a shot.