PDA

View Full Version : Moff Tarkin - Sector Doldur

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 21st, 2006, 03:38:57 PM
Since I am going to be in charge of something... I figure it only makes sense to show what it is she is incharge of. Considering that she is the first female Moff, thank you guys :), I figure she would have something relatively important to preside over but nothing too close to the core worlds. Mid/outer rimish.

I figure the Empire gave her this title since she has proven herself and is deserving with her with brilliant work alongside COMPNOR but doesn't want things to get too out of control seeing as she is of the lesser sex :p But the name Tarkin carries weight etc and so forth so....

onto what I thought

Doldur Sector
From Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki.

Located along the Corellian Run, the Doldur Sector was in the Mid Rim. Planets in Doldur Sector included Rodia, Druckenwell, Monor II, Ord Segra, Geridard, and Doldur itself. The Dragonflower Nebula was also located in this sector: within the Nebula was Silver Station.

PLANETS OF NOTE -

Rodia, an industrial planet in the Tyrius system in the Mid Rim, was the homeworld to the Rodians, most notably the bounty hunter Greedo the Younger. It was represented in the Galactic Senate by Onaconda Farr, whom was appointed to the Loyalist Committee. During the Clone Wars, Farr bribed Ronet Coorr to divert naval forces from Iseno to Rodia rather than to Duro as should have been done, resulting in Duro being taken by the Confederacy in Operation Durge's Lance. Farr was forced to resign in disgrace.

When Navik the Red took over rule of the planet, he had the Rodians engage in hunting each others, exterminating the Tetsus clan. Navik moved the capital of Rodia from the traditional location of Equator City to his clan's settlement, Iskaayuma.

Druckenwell was an industrial world in Doldur Sector, on the Corellian Run. A Trade Federation world, it was loyal to the Confederacy during the Clone Wars. It was best known for a BlasTech weapons manufacturing complex that was located there, along with the Druckenwell Shipyard.

Tarascii Explosives – this small weapons manufacturer specialized in the design of thermal detonators. Tarascii was a subsidiary of BlasTech, and was one of the few corporations which were licensed by the Empire to manufacture baradium.

Monor II, also called Kline's Colony, was the Sunesi homeworld. It was ruled by a monarchy.

Ord Segra was a Galactic Republic world in Doldur Sector.

Geridard was a Mid Rim world in the Geridard system of Doldur Sector. It was known for its retirement and medical facilities.

Doldur was the Imperial-controlled sector capital of Doldur Sector.

Lamar Starworth
Jul 21st, 2006, 03:45:42 PM
Nice pack of planets right there. I love Druckenwell, I was hoping to eventually have some RP there because I've always been interested in that planet.

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 21st, 2006, 03:48:29 PM
:)

I forgot the other reason to post this thread :lol .... but you brought it up indirectly. Also, if you need me lemme know :D

:: is all excited to help out Impies ::

Khendon Sevon
Jul 21st, 2006, 03:50:46 PM
Oh, right...

I just remembered:

I'm becoming Emperor. Uh, I need a couple Moffs on my side :)

We need to RP that out.

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 21st, 2006, 03:53:32 PM
If you are a friend to Miranda, you also gain Black Sun goodies too

:angel

So yes, yes we do!

Telan Desaria
Jul 21st, 2006, 06:46:50 PM
You have the Fleet behind you.

Anywho - Miranda - our thread will be thus: one of your worlds - -your capital, in fact, will be besieged by the Rebels - with all the fun that entails - by the first overt, large scale operation mounted since Endor. Your rather paltry forces will do their best and you will as well, making a name for yourself as the Joan of Arc of wartime Moffs.

Grand Admiral Desaria will then be sent by our beloved Regent, Herr Sevon, to dispatch of the rebels and rescue the embattled female firebrand. During that time, as Desaria thrashes the Rebels with a small force of his own, he finds out something unfortunate - he seems to be falling for the warrior woman. (*1*)

thoughts?

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 21st, 2006, 06:57:15 PM
Heh. Barely a Moff for what a month? and i get desieged by Rebls! Well, Bothawai is close by that sector of space so they could be mounting the attack from that direction. Perhaps the Rebls thought they could take out another Tarkin :p

Hah.

So, Miranda holds them off until reinforcements arrive and we squashed them together? Well, with what little I have left ;)

I presume falling for Miranda? :) That would be interesting ... Miranda is the most eligable woman in the Empire, due to the fact that her romantic interests lay with Vigo Kasajian. It's just no ones knows that her childhood friend is more then a childhood friend if you get my meaning ;)

Telan Desaria
Jul 21st, 2006, 10:08:21 PM
Of course - -and that makes it even more complicated since Desaria is gay.

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 21st, 2006, 10:57:29 PM
Oh this should be a hoot :)

Telan Desaria
Jul 23rd, 2006, 11:32:31 AM
Let me know when youre ready to begin and Ill post the Rebels mounting their assault.

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 23rd, 2006, 12:47:31 PM
Okay, soon as the thread I have going 'Unexpected Destiny' is done.. otherwise this thread wont make sense. She isnt quite a Moff yet ^^

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 28th, 2006, 12:25:28 PM
Khendon and Telan ... news has hit of ze new Moff! ^^

Telan - I made a reference that there were Rebels being pains in this sector as a hint that trouble might be brewing.

Teleran Balades
Jul 28th, 2006, 03:09:24 PM
Gods I can't beleive I missed this entire forum. Can some one give Karl access here please? A friggin High Inquisitor and he can't even get into strategic command. :p

Anywho, if you need any of us red-uniformed loonys just give me or helghast a ring.

BTW, Khendon I need to get some thread started with you so we can get Karl and his loyal minions on your side.

Khendon Sevon
Jul 28th, 2006, 04:06:32 PM
I'm all for getting people swayed to my side.

And Karl now has access.

Karl Valten
Jul 28th, 2006, 05:26:31 PM
WooT. Thanks.

Arya Ravenwing
Jul 28th, 2006, 06:02:32 PM
I just don't know why *I* have access. O_o

Khendon Sevon
Jul 28th, 2006, 06:10:16 PM
Because... because!

I mean, yes!

Err...

*Gets out Death Star*

Just don't move, this thing is hard to aim.

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 28th, 2006, 06:24:03 PM
Death Star?

>_<

<smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont> I'm dead!!!

Karl Valten
Jul 28th, 2006, 06:34:09 PM
KHENDON.....what have I told you about the complete and utter destruction of the forums?

Khendon Sevon
Jul 28th, 2006, 06:55:03 PM
*blink*

*looks down at feet*

That I shouldn't do it. That it's wrong. That Santa would put me on his bad list... mm... and I'd get coal in my stocking.

But... But! I mean. Look. She's... I mean.

The button is so pretty!

*Touches the red button with the tip of his finger*

Karl Valten
Jul 28th, 2006, 07:12:19 PM
Sigh

*pulls out achme labeled umbrella*

Why do I even bother?

Arya Ravenwing
Jul 28th, 2006, 07:13:33 PM
Ack! *runs around in fear*

Khendon Sevon
Jul 28th, 2006, 07:15:45 PM
*Pushes the button*

*Sign labeled "Bang!" pops out of Death Star*

Karl Valten
Jul 28th, 2006, 07:19:21 PM
*blink..blink..blink*

For crying out loud you loon. Honestly, who the hell buys a Novelty Death Star.

Arya Ravenwing
Jul 28th, 2006, 07:25:42 PM
:lol apparently Khendon does. :mneh

Khendon Sevon
Jul 28th, 2006, 08:42:01 PM
*shrug*

I thought it was a cool idea. Just don't try to smoke it. It's one of the exploding type.

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 11th, 2006, 01:35:04 PM
le bump

Telan... when are you starting this? :)

Also, Lamar was looking for something to dive into. Is there room is our thread for him?

Telan Desaria
Aug 11th, 2006, 02:03:08 PM
Khendon is speaking to me now IC - after that he will send Desaria to rescue the embattaled Moff Tarkin

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 11th, 2006, 02:25:17 PM
=^_^=

yay!

what about Lamar?

Telan Desaria
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:46:47 PM
lamar can be be one of your ground commanders. your system will be under siege, you can directly control his unit.

he can be attached to your defense force and fiercely embattled.

Telan Desaria
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:49:09 PM
one more thjing - was looking over ur planets list and drunkenwell is in the corellian sector. but we can move it ICly to be inside the doldur sector - -we just have to leave the doldur sector somewhere mid-rim

Bette Davis
Aug 12th, 2006, 02:40:36 PM
There's a planet named Drunkenwell?!

I so am going there for my next leave.

Telan Desaria
Aug 16th, 2006, 08:30:11 AM
We are ready to procede, Moff Tarkin. You may commence with your first post as to trhe current state of affairs at the Siege of Doldur itself

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 16th, 2006, 08:32:06 AM
Okay, I can see by your post the fighting is already under way. I'll work off of that Telan :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 16th, 2006, 08:55:03 AM
Originally posted by Bette Davis
There's a planet named Drunkenwell?!

That one had me grinning like a nut :D

Telan Desaria
Aug 16th, 2006, 10:51:42 AM
Yes. It has ICly been six days that you have been fighting them, unable to get any messages out due to the relatively low priority of ur sector, youdo not have HoloNet access. And your subspace signals have yet to reach High Command. No couriers have - yet - gotten out. From your world that is - the Sector fleet is communicating with Command and trying to lift it but has been unsuccessful.

Desaria will arrive six days after that - making it twelve total that youll be under siege.

Massive obrital battles, shelling on land, ground troops making a continent wide stalingrad. What fun.

You will have about a million men on Doldur itself, the rebels up to three times that amount. What fun!

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 16th, 2006, 11:32:25 AM
thank god my family has a history of military might and bequethed some knowledge onto me >_>

wesa not gonna diesa!

Bette Davis
Aug 16th, 2006, 11:39:14 AM
The rebels have over 3 million men committed to one engagement?

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 16th, 2006, 11:44:47 AM
:: blinks ::

Bette has a point that I seemingly missed. Million? I would think thousandish.

There are that many Rebels?

Telan Desaria
Aug 16th, 2006, 12:17:22 PM
Um...yes. Think - tyhe rebellion is a galactic happening. The rebels have few ships but far from few ground troops. And given a sector captial would be guarded by no less than an army which would be no less than five hundred thousand.

The rebels have let us say fifty worlds to their cause while the Empire has a million. Earth itself with a population of only six billion had almost fifty million men under arms from all nations during the Second World War. So let us say the rebels reeicve men from only a tenth of their worlds - that gives them a base of 25,000,000. but of those only a handful can be committed.

Think - Doldur is a populated world and a capital. It will not fall if only a few thousand men - barely a full divisonm are landed. They will need a real army.

That is why I said that this is a real military operation - as opposed to the hi-and-fade missions of the Endor - pre and post - period.

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 16th, 2006, 01:54:29 PM
And they want to anger Miranda since she's a Tarkin so they are flocking to kill her in protest :mischief

O_o cant say pissed in the locked forum. Okay ...

Lamar Starworth
Aug 16th, 2006, 02:04:28 PM
Originally posted by Telan Desaria
Um...yes. Think - tyhe rebellion is a galactic happening. The rebels have few ships but far from few ground troops. And given a sector captial would be guarded by no less than an army which would be no less than five hundred thousand.

The rebels have let us say fifty worlds to their cause while the Empire has a million. Earth itself with a population of only six billion had almost fifty million men under arms from all nations during the Second World War. So let us say the rebels reeicve men from only a tenth of their worlds - that gives them a base of 25,000,000. but of those only a handful can be committed.

Think - Doldur is a populated world and a capital. It will not fall if only a few thousand men - barely a full divisonm are landed. They will need a real army.

That is why I said that this is a real military operation - as opposed to the hi-and-fade missions of the Endor - pre and post - period.

Plus, the Rebellion is held together by the Alliance. The Alliance isn't the Rebellion itself. They have Sector controls and commands that manage the military and send in their own operatives to assist the general Rebellion at the area.

So there Army is quite vast from the knowledge I've read. It's more Sector Rebellions that would be isolated if not controlled or commanded by the Alliance.

Also, what is my part in all of this? When will I be thrown in the pot.

Telan Desaria
Aug 16th, 2006, 10:12:57 PM
You are there, ICly, now. You are a regimental commander in a dwindling sea of Imperial forces on the field. As Imperial ships no longer have orbital supremacy, you are subject to bomardment, etc.

You have quite a tought time of it.

And the rebellion is what the Empire terms it. The Alliance is the official term - the Alliance to Restore the Republik

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 17th, 2006, 10:20:36 AM
I'm failing at starting this thread. I stare at a blank screen. =\

Telan Desaria
Aug 17th, 2006, 11:43:45 AM
Bah. Your motivation is thus - -the Rebels are around you. One minute all was well adn then boom - something big blows up. You are terrified, but you cannot show it - you are the Moff! Your fleet responds and then it too is set upon by a hoarde of rebels. Distracted, they are unable to prevent Rebel ships from landing on Doldur itself, disgorging hoardes of troops. You put on a brave facade but know that it will be some time before your reinforcements arrive....

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 17th, 2006, 11:58:34 AM
thank you for the kick in my butt Telan.

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 17th, 2006, 05:46:58 PM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41154

ta da!

Telan Desaria
Aug 18th, 2006, 07:14:54 AM
No problem. Think of it. Moff Tarkin emerges from her Fuhrer-like Bunker and sees her capital crumbling around her. Quite sad, but angering at the same time.

Lamar Starworth
Aug 19th, 2006, 02:14:04 PM
When is it fitting for me to jump in?

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 19th, 2006, 02:17:13 PM
Um ... been waiting on Telan to jump things. :lol

or you could Lamar. A small fraction of Rebels might have made it to the planet or something. I'm pretty flexible as long as you let me know what's going on first.

Telan Desaria
Aug 19th, 2006, 02:42:26 PM
I was planning on letting the two of you size up the situation for a few [posts - heavy gtround fightin,g the total encirclement of your planet. then the fleet/cavalry arrive.

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 19th, 2006, 05:05:28 PM
okay Lamar post next :lol

Telan Desaria
Aug 20th, 2006, 04:05:14 PM
someone poke him

Lamar Starworth
Aug 20th, 2006, 10:00:35 PM
I'll try to post tomorrow before work.