PDA

View Full Version : The Shadow that Fears Not

UrunSaiShun
Jul 20th, 2006, 05:54:25 PM
-37 ABY

He watched them from above on the small earthen cliff. His dark crimson-orange eyes narrowed as he scanned the small clearing as the jedi practiced their morning exercises. It was their fourth day on the small moon of Tether IV. His massive muscles tightened, his claws dug into the soil beneath him, and a guttural growl came for as the hunter watched his prey. Soon he would make hsi presence known to them and his own training would finally be complete.

"Good job Solan," Anran Marak said patting the young man on his shoulder as he won his duel. Marak had paired the young jedi into three groups of two in a sparing exercise using wooden training swords. The Jedi Knight instructed the students on stance, cordination, controlling their strikes and supressing emotion in battle. He stood proudly smiling at the progess the students had made in only four days. But he also knew they were full ready to return to their home at the temple on Ossus. Several moments later Marak ended the sparing training and soon the students were chatting amongst each other and munching on their travel rations. One of those students was Tana Salbrac, the daughter of the famous Mon Calamari general Tavlan Salbrac, who sat talking with her friend Nemara. But as she listened her attention was stolen as her blue green eyes caught sight of movement in the trees behind Nemara's shoulder and the sleeping tents. "Are you paying attention to anything I am saying?" Nemara asked annoyed. "There is something ou there," Tana said as she stood ignoring Nemara's words. She walked over to her teacher, "Yes Mrs Salbrac?" he said looking up from his datapad where he logged in the students notes and progress. "Master Marak I saw something in the woods," she said pointing her light pink webbed finger towards the treeline. "I'm sure it was just a small native animal," he assured her and started to turn away. "No Master it wasn't I felt something," she said with great conviction. Anran heard the seriousness in her voice, the fear. Screams filled the encampment as the students ran towards Marak. A large feline figure emerged from behind one of the tents. The monster stood almost 7 ft. tall he walked slowly and powerfully. "Who are you?" commanded Marak igniting his green lightsaber and holding it out before him.

The large Cathar hunter spoke not but reached behind him and activated his own weapon, the crimson blade ignited. "He can't be," Anran said to himself, as he saw the famed weapon of the Sith. The students screamed behind him, "Run students to the shuttle!" he ordered turning to his students. "Run now!" he yelled the students hearing his command and seeing the urgency in his eyes, ran into the trees. "Do not worry I vill hunt dem all down," snapping Marak's eyes back on him, He watched them from above on the small earthen cliff. His dark crimson-orange eyes narrowed as he scanned the small clearing as the jedi practiced their morning exercises. It was their fourth day on the small moon of Tether IV. His massive muscles tightened, his claws dug into the soil beneath him, and a guttural growl came for as the hunter watched his prey. Soon he would make hsi presence known to them and his own training would finally be complete.

"Good job Solan," Anran Marak said patting the young man on his shoulder as he won his duel. Marak had paired the young jedi into three groups of two in a sparing exercise using wooden training swords. The Jedi Knight instructed the students on stance, cordination, controlling their strikes and supressing emotion in battle. He stood proudly smiling at the progess the students had made in only four days. But he also knew they were full ready to return to their home at the temple on Ossus. Several moments later Marak ended the sparing training and soon the students were chatting amongst each other and munching on their travel rations. One of those students was Tana Salbrac, the daughter of the famous Mon Calamari general Tavlan Salbrac, who sat talking with her friend Nemara. But as she listened her attention was stolen as her blue green eyes caught sight of movement in the trees behind Nemara's shoulder and the sleeping tents. "Are you paying attention to anything I am saying?" Nemara asked annoyed. "There is something out there," Tana said as she stood ignoring Nemara's words. She walked over to her teacher, "Yes Mrs Salbrac?" he said looking up from his datapad where he logged in the students notes and progress. "Master Marak I saw something move in the trees," she said pointing to the treeline with her light pink webbed finger. "I'm sure it was nothing more than a small native animal," he said assuring her and began to turn away. "No, Master it wasn't, I felt something," she said with great conviction. Anran heard the seriousness in her soft voice, the fear. Then screams pierced the small encampment and the students ran toward Marak with fear in their eyes. A large feline figure emerged from behind one of the tents walking slowly towards the jedi knight.

"Who are you?" commanded Anran staring at the large Cathar intruder igniting his green lightsaber before him. The monster spoke not but continued to walk toward Marak. "Run children, to the shuttle," he commanded turning towards the students many who's eyes were filled with tears of fear, "Run now!"

"Do not worry I vill hunt dem all down," Harun said coldly followed by a dark growl. Reaching behind his own back the feline hunter activated his own weapon. The dark red hued saber shone on Marak's eyes as they grew wide as he realized how dangerous this enemy was. "You can't be," he said to himself gripping his blade's handle tight, seeing the infamous weapon of the Sith. "You will not hurt them!" Marak said strongly as he charged his menacing enemy. Anran Marak's dying scream resonated through the hills around the small clearing. Tana fought back her tears and cries as she pressed her legs to move faster as she lead the other young jedi raced towards their transport.