PDA

View Full Version : Jedi in Galaxy

Lamar Starworth
Jul 14th, 2006, 06:47:10 PM
How widely known are the Jedi? I was hoping to get a direct feed from the Jedi on how known should they be. Not in the sense that they are specifically renown, just what would be common knowledge about the Jedi?

From the movies, Han Solo painted it as if they were mystical figures, but it had only been 20 years since their disapperance from public figures.

Yet at the end of EP III it was carved out that they are figures which would be hunted and exterminated, and off that idea it can only be implied that they would be seen as large enemies to the Empire.

So, exactly what would be expected from an everyday person? Would they even know what a Jedi was?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 14th, 2006, 07:14:38 PM
I would assume they are in the realm of myth to mystical to your average 20-30 year old person. Older people would remember them, though with hate or hope.

The Empire most likely has done so much brainwashing of the general public that you'd be lucky to know which end is up most of the time. Not to mention if this is YOU we're talking about - as a stormtrooper you shouldn't even have your own personality anymore.

Lamar Starworth
Jul 14th, 2006, 07:22:53 PM
Which is why I really try to stress home Lamar's indifference with his placement in the war. I mean, through EU and a lot of reading I've done on the subject of a stormtrooper I realize how brainwashed they are, yet at the same time cases show how people change their view from the number of propoganda.

Also, with the preachings of the Outer Rim's Rebellion and the few scattered worlds that have not been completely filled with the Empire's propoganda like the Outer Rim Sectors would such an affect be present?

I mean, people are preaching about the olden days of the Republic before Palpatine's rule. Would the mystical figures of the Jedi be engrossed in those preachings? I'm asking basically off of reading about the Jedi's present involvement in the Rebellion. How they are taken in.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 14th, 2006, 07:35:15 PM
Do you mean "would the mystical figures of the Jedi be included in those preachings?"

I doubt they would be engrossed.

Lamar Starworth
Jul 14th, 2006, 07:44:58 PM
My bad.

What I meant was would conversations about the Jedi be involved in talks amidst the Rebellion? Not in the sense where they are, or anything of that specifics. Just that they did exist, and put a different light on them other than the propoganda.

Sort've like an anti-propoganda.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 14th, 2006, 08:31:14 PM
If the people doing the talking believe the Jedi were good, certainly.

Lamar Starworth
Jul 14th, 2006, 09:31:33 PM
But I thought all the Rebellion supported the Jedi on some level.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 15th, 2006, 12:30:52 AM
I guess I have no idea what you're asking then.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 15th, 2006, 06:58:27 AM
I'm with LD. I'm confused about what it is you want to know.

Lamar Starworth
Jul 15th, 2006, 10:33:46 AM
What I'm basically asking is what would the wide public see the Jedi as?

With the Rebellion on one side, and the Empire on the other how would the galaxy see the olden days of the Jedi? Many citizens survived the Clone War and Jedi Purge, seeing how the Jedi worked first hand.

And as you said L.D, those around 40+ would have a different light on who the Jedi were, despite all the propaganda. With those people being the head of most things. Business, organizations and other things across the Outer Rim (where the Outer Rim Sieges took place) wouldn't they have a different mind set on who exactly the Jedi were?

Taking that in mind, would the light on who the Jedi were be different. Especially with the influence across the Outer Rim being brought on mainly by the Rebellion. Their power across the Outer Rim, because of it's wide separation from the Core, has been described to be quite strong.

So, I'm asking, again. How exactly would the Jedi be looked upon public ally? Yes, of course it matters how that individual feels about the Jedi. True enough, but that doesn't speak on broad sense.

Empire with it's propaganda, and the Rebellion would it's anti-propaganda would address the issue of the Old Republic's Jedi. How would the galaxy, from sector to sector, look upon the Jedi? Specifically the Outer Rim.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 15th, 2006, 10:53:40 AM
I think it really would be a case of opinion being different from person to person, planet to planet.

People who feel opressed by the Empire's rule might think of the Jedi as potential heroes. On the other hand, they might see them as useless, since they (the Jedi) haven't freed them (the people) from their opression.

I would think that the opinion in the Outer Rim would be quite varied. Some societies might never have been touched by the Jedi, so have little opinion either way of them. Some might see them as larger than life heroes, while others think that they are just as bad as the Empire in the way that they preach certain ideals and ways of living.

You could probably find sympathy for the Jedi in most corners of the galaxy, but then you're equally likely to find animosity towards them. After all, they are a minority that the general public are likely to know very little specific information about. This kind of ignorance, willful or otherwise, is always going to breed some degree of fear and anger.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 15th, 2006, 11:01:15 AM
There would always be planets in the outer rim that might never have even heard of the Jedi, as well. You have to think - hundreds of worlds, each with millions of people.

A thousand or so Jedi. All dead for the last 20 years.

The space for misinformation, propaganda, ignorance, or just general disinterest is huuuuge.

Lamar Starworth
Jul 15th, 2006, 11:06:45 AM
Okay thanks. I got it :)