PDA

View Full Version : New Packaging for 2007

JMK
Jul 14th, 2006, 07:21:25 AM
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/misc/news20060713.html

Like the RotS line, my initial reaction was tepid at best, but when I finally saw it in person, especially the figures, I was very impressed. This packaging is unlike anything we've seen and looks more suited to Transformers than to Star Wars but again, that's my initial reaction. I'll wait to see the real thing on the shelves.

Jedieb
Jul 14th, 2006, 07:39:12 AM
One of the things I like about it is that there's space on the card for an individual picture of the figure so we're not getting a generic cardback for each figure. Did you notice that circle on the card? We're getting coins boys and girls, COINS! :crack It's a throwback to the old POTF line and I like it.

Sam
Jul 14th, 2006, 08:26:53 AM
That certainly is striking.

I like it. Individualized cards sounds good to me.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 14th, 2006, 08:28:34 AM
I think they look pretty cool. But we're going to need another room. The hubby has already moved a BUNCH of stuff to the garage where it's just sitting waiting for him to go through it.

JMK
Jul 14th, 2006, 12:29:15 PM
Just when you think it's pretty much over, they start ALL.OVER. AGAIN. and make you want to jump back in to the collecting pool.
:verymad

sirdizzy
Jul 14th, 2006, 12:48:50 PM
I haven't been in the pool in 3 years, i just had too much and nowhere to put it. The last things I bought were 4 of the M&M figures at a discount toy store. I did get all the burger king toys though from ROTS.

JMK
Jul 14th, 2006, 01:43:43 PM
Moving a couple weeks ago was horrid. I moved in to a smaller apt and literally 50% of our storage room is used up by my SW crap. I can't wait to have a house one day and get all this stuff out of its permanent hibernation.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 14th, 2006, 07:16:27 PM
It'll be liberating, JMK. And then you can usher your friends and relatives and strangers off the street into your Star Wars room and have their instant respect. Unless they happen to be female. ;)

All our male friends think our star wars room is awesome, the girls all think I should make him sell it and buy me something expensive. But they're stupid. ;)

JMK
Jul 15th, 2006, 08:10:44 AM
Strange how that works isn't it? ;)

Rutabaga
Jul 15th, 2006, 11:11:41 AM
Doesn't do a whole lot for me. But of course, I'm pretty much done with collecting, outside of the genuinely new and different. I look at this new packaging as new wrapping for yet more resculpts that nobody really cares about or needs.

Yeah, I'm fairly burned out on collecting action figures and stuff, ain't I? :angel

Jedieb
Jul 16th, 2006, 06:53:36 PM
I had a friend over today and his wife saw my SW Room for the first time. She's not a fan so she couldn't believe anyone would buy that much crap. At least the shelves impressed her. Their two kids are too young to appreciate it, but even at 18 months they walked around as if they were in a toystore. All of my son's friends think the room is amazing and I get desperate pleas to trade or sell figures. Silly rabbits.

I look at this new packaging as new wrapping for yet more resculpts that nobody really cares about or needs.
They'll be some resculpts next year, but we're also getting alot of EU figures. Darrh Revan, Quilan Vos, a new Mara Jade, and a Crimson Empire 2-pack are some the sweeter figures coming next year. The 30th anniversary should have me spending plenty of money. I can't wait for the pics to start coming in from Comic-Con!

Jedieb
Jul 21st, 2006, 06:33:57 PM
Wow, hasbro has put on quite a show at Comic-Con! Next year is going to be pretty cool and damn expensive. www.galactichunter.com has the best coverage I've seen so far. Lots of EU stuff coming our way and some neat 30th Anniversary items.

JMK
Sep 26th, 2006, 07:10:23 AM
http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/30th_Anniversary_Collection_In_HiRez_100452.asp

Some cool figures in coming with this new series.

Boy they really know how to rope me back in don't they?

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 26th, 2006, 12:05:13 PM
Ooh, we're going to be so broke when these come out. ^_^;

Jedieb
Sep 30th, 2006, 06:18:01 PM
The #1 figure is not surprisingly a Vader. What is surprising is that it's part of a really neat coin holder which you can use to store the coins that are going to be part of next years line. The SW online store has them as well as EE. I really like the coins and this holder is pretty sweet. Can't wait to get it.

JMK
Oct 2nd, 2006, 09:03:40 AM
I like the idea of the McQuarrie edition figure. Although it's another uneccesary cash grab for a character that never saw the light of day, it is a neat idea. I don't know how many figures from this line I'll get, but Vader will definitely be one of them.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 4th, 2006, 08:24:52 AM
The McQuarrie figure is one I've been wanting for a long time; I've seen it before, but only in online catalogues and it's always out of stock. I'll probably cave like a little weenie and buy two for myself ^_^;

Jedieb
Oct 9th, 2006, 01:24:46 PM
I was lucky enough to get it the first time it was released. It's an AMAZING figure. I don't know if this is a straight repack or if some changes have been made to the figure but either way, I'm picking it up.

jjwr
Oct 26th, 2006, 07:24:10 AM
I love the packaging! On the other hand unless the prices come down on these I won't be buying any, the current ones are $7 or so each at Wal-Mart, thats just way too much for a single figure.