PDA

View Full Version : Angels with Dirty Faces (Razielle)

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 12th, 2006, 03:01:42 PM
The Royal Masquerade Ball had winded to a halt a half an hour ago. Adraudia had thanked everyone for coming in a most moving closing speech, which received a thunderous ovation, especially after spotlighting the Princess one last time before they retired.

Both the Queen and the Princess were gowning down inside Adraudia's changing room, and she couldn't wait to be rid of the damnable thing! She welcomed the simple velvet dress that hugged her body loosely. Now she sat in front of the vanity brushing out her hair almost like a machine. Her thoughts were too focused on what happened tonight. It was almost a complete disaster. The men she was casually flirting with had taken her mocked affections too far and tried to unmask her. He possibly would have succeeded if not for Razielle's interference. At first she had thought the man clumsy and tripped but there was no mistaking the use of the Force by the Princess. Adraudia had sensed it. That fact changed everything. Razielle was like her, gifted with Force Sensitivity, which made the truth of her own abilities that much harder to hide.

"Is there anything else ya be needing your Majesty?" Jaynie was looking down at her with a sad smile. She was the only one beside Lira, Razielle's own maid that knew the truth of what happened this night.

"No, but thank you for everything." Adraudia took Jaynie's hand within hers and patted it with much adoration. "I appreciate what you did for me and the Princess."

A thought occurred and she looked towards Lira who helping Razielle with her hair.. "Perhaps after Lira is finished they could take the rest of the night off and tomorrow as well? If that is all right with you, your Highness?"

It would also give them a chance to have that much needed conversation.

Razielle Alastor
Jul 12th, 2006, 03:20:25 PM
Lira stood behind Razielle, combing out the tangles from her long hair. Her eyes shut in relaxation, she was listening to the excited chatter of the maids as they went on about how much they had enjoyed the ball. They had expressed concern about how Adraudia had quite nearly been accosted and how horrible that would have been. About how it was lucky that the young man had tripped over his own two feet to get away from the Demoness, come to save her friend. It had all been rather tense, but it had smoothed out okay.. Still, she would pay for it. Callidus would see to that.

Popping her eyes open at her name, Razielle nodded in agreement. "Absolutely. You girls were wonderful and deserve a reward for going above and beyond. Lira, perhaps you can catch up with that young man on the royal guard I am always seeing making eyes at you.."

Lira, obviously unnerved at her romance discovered, bobbed a quick curtsey first to the Queen, then Razielle. The girls left them to their privacy and went out to enjoy the rest of the night.

"I am so sorry. I didn't count on a drunken fool unmasking you, are you alright..?"

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 12th, 2006, 03:30:43 PM
"I'm fine," she assured, smiling at Razielle through the mirror. "Though my pride is a bit sore. Thankfully only a trusted few are the only witnesses."

Her face grew pensive with the last stroke of the brush. "But there is one thing bothering me."

Adraudia set the brush down on the vanity and turned around to look at the Princess directly. "I know that man did not trip."

As much as she wanted to say how she knew, the Queen kept it vague. If pushed, it was obvious that Razielle was nowhere near the man to trip him. She did not this because of fearing Callidus' wrath. The two had a great deal of respect for one another and Adraudia would not reveal her own secret without his consul .. But surely he must know that the Princess was gifted!

Razielle Alastor
Jul 12th, 2006, 03:45:43 PM
A slew of rather unladylike curses were flung about in Razielle's head at that. She wasn't at all prepared to answer questions right now. She knew the Queen would see through the image of silly twit that usually worked on most people. She couldn't flutter her eyelashes and smile and simply ask "Why.. whatever do you mean..?" not with Adraudia.

Rising gracefully from the velvet cushioned chair, Razielle moved to grab a bottle of champange that had been left for them. She poured two glasses while she searched her mind for an acceptable remark. "I can assure you.. I didn't lay a hand on him, Majesty."

Smiling Razielle handed the glass over to the Queen. Changing the subject easily she lightly touched her glass to Adraudia's. "To Onderon and a glorious evening for Your people!"

Ever so softly Razielle attempted to use her latest lessons. Mind control. Surely the Queen could be persuaded to forget there was any question about how the man had fallen?

Razielle had yelled at him "Back off!" The young man, startled at being yelled at by a Demoness had backed up, slipping in spilled wine. His intoxication made him careless. He fell on his own.

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 12th, 2006, 03:57:41 PM
Adraudia took the stem of the glass with a raised brow. Understandably, Razielle was attempting to cover up but she wasn't following her motive for opening the champagne until she felt the Princess enter her mind.

She had to handle this delicately and give nothing away. Callidus had told her there were beings that were so strong of will that it took great effort to control their minds. The explanation was perfect, she merely had to act normal on the outside and simply block Razielle's attempt to sway her mind differently. A simple feat that didn't require much effort.

"You are avoiding the question." She set the glass aside and looked up at the Princess with knowing eyes. "I know you did not lay a hand upon him. It's why it vexes me so."

Razielle Alastor
Jul 12th, 2006, 06:02:32 PM
Covering up what would have been a frown, by taking a sip from her glass, Razielle pondered what was wrong. She had been quite adept at making people say or think things at will, she had been working quite diligently at it. Why should the Queen be the exception? Perhaps the years of diplomacy, reading between the lines of what people said and meant, not to mention the rule of a planet had given her an edge the others lacked?

Swishing her glass around a bit, Razielle continued to be evasive. Not lying, but not willing or able to set down the truth. Not even to Adraudia. "I'm sorry, must be all the spirits." She set the glass down.

"What was the question again, Majesty?"

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 12th, 2006, 08:25:07 PM
Her lips fell into an unattractive frown, bordering on a scowl. Razielle was quite fine and her delaying tactics insulted Adraudia's intelligence.

"Never mind." The Queen turned around sharply and finished brushing out her hair. "Perhaps my eyes were mistaken. It was a mess of a situation."

Razielle Alastor
Jul 12th, 2006, 08:34:16 PM
Well subject dropped. Only now the only problem was instead of an inquisition, her Queen was irritated. It was the least of her problems. An angry Queen was far easier than an inquisitive one. Perhaps they could still get past this without an emotional spat? The best lies were ones that contained part of the truth. Adraudia seemed to be fishing for an admition of sorts. Fine, she could have one.

Razielle lowered her head, a show of submissiveness to appease the royal ruffled feathers. "I am sorry. I really don't know what happened. I couldn't let him do it and risk you being discovered. No, it wouldn't have been all that disastrous, but I wanted to spare you the embarrassment that my scheming would have caused. I was just.. so angry. That wastrel had no business putting his hands on you.."

Tossing back the rest of her drink, Razielle grabbed the bottle, appranetly in a frazzle and in need of another.. few.

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 13th, 2006, 03:52:46 PM
The unwitting use of the Force when powerful emotions arose was something else Callidus had spoken of and that was exactly what Razielle had just described. Yet, that didn't quite describe the Princess trying to enter her mind unless it was an unconscious act of preservation. That must be it but Adraudia still wasn't fully convinced at that either. Still ...

She saw that Razielle was terribly upset at the incident and that was truly genuine. Adraudia's brisk change in behavior probably did not help either. The Princess was her friend and did save her regardless of how.

Exchanging the brush for the glass of champagne, Adraudia turned around with a more emphatic demeanor. "Never mind."

Razielle seemed uncertain.

"Truly," her voice was quite convincing that everything was fine now. "I was being horrible after what you did for me. Thank you, Razielle. If not for you I would have found myself terribly embarrassed. I should not have lost sight of that."

Razielle Alastor
Jul 13th, 2006, 04:48:58 PM
Inwardly she blew a sigh of relief. Smiling once more, Razielle kicked her heeled dancing shoes off. The silly things were killing her! She set down her glass and paced back and forth for a moment.

"Well then! You have just been the toast of Your people. You have delivered the most successful bash Onderon has seen in many years, and you won't be woken early in the morning to deal with state issues, due to the extreme lateness of the hour."

She counted off the pluses on her fingers then smiled and rubbed her hands together. "I forsee only one option left to you, Majesty."

She leaned down and whispered in her friends ear, as if it were the most blasphemous of sins. "You should get roaring drunk with your ward and giggle yourself to sleep."

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 13th, 2006, 04:55:01 PM
"Huh?" Adraudia eloquence vanished the moment Razielle suggested becoming drunk. She recovered quickly. "Surely you jest. I've never done such a thing, though I don't mind sharing a few drinks in celebration of a good night."

Razielle Alastor
Jul 13th, 2006, 05:07:37 PM
She had the strangest urge to pat the Queen on the head and laugh. But the Queen wasn't just her Sovereign, she was her friend and both titles earned Razielle's respect. She would at least make the Queen feel as if she had a sporting chance.

"Exactly! We'll celebrate with good drinks and.. a game of chance perhaps? I'll name the odds, you can name the game so you will know I am not cheating! The odds; loser must have another drink, winner is granted the boon of asking one question."

The beauty part was, Razielle knew the Queen had dozens of questions. Razielle just hoped she could outdrink her friend!

"Deal...?"

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 16th, 2006, 09:45:16 AM
Adraudia pondered the stakes. She would either become rip roaring drunk or learn some answers to questions she still felt that the Princess was avoiding. It would be worth if she could out drink Razielle...

"Oh bother," she threw her hands up in defeat, "You win." As persistent as the Queen could be and just shoo the Princess away, Adraudia didn't truly want to. Incident aside tonight, Adraudia had a wondrous time tonight and it was true that the Royal Family could sleep in late tomorrow.

"How about using the Bosca dice?" Adraudia suggested. It was a game that the Beast Riders often played off duty. Even she occasionally played with them with time permitting. It was a chance to be with her subjects in an unofficial capacity and have a little bit of sport, though the Beast Riders always let her win, even after much threatening to allow her to loose fairly! One day she would find out who kept giving her the loaded dice!

Razielle Alastor
Jul 18th, 2006, 10:35:01 AM
"Done. Okay if Your Majesty will procure the dice, I shall go see about making us a cozy spot to play?" Covering up a laugh at the way the Queen had gone gracefully, barely a sulk, she realized her friend wanted the diversion. This should be good.

While Adraudia went in search of the dice, Razielle went to the far side of her Majesty's bed and pulled down at least half a dozen overstuffed pillows. She threw them about in a circle and draped a shimmersilk sheet over them making a cozy haven for them to sit. Next she took several bottles off a tray on the Queen's dressing table. She brought the tray, covered with a linen napkin, to cut down on noise of the dice, back and placed it in the center of the circle.

Sitting down and leaning on her elbow, she called out to Adraudia. "All set, did you find them yet..?" It was probably against some kind of protocol to holler across the room at one's Queen, but right now she felt about ten years old waiting for her friend to hurry up with their game..

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 20th, 2006, 04:22:14 PM
Adraudia called back over her shoulder, as she was busy fumbling through her drawers. "No, not yet!"

It had been over a month since she had played with the Beast Riders and now the Queen had misplaced her dice. They weren't on top of her vanity; they weren't on top or in the drawers either. She tapped absently at her chin, trying to remember where she had placed them.

"Of course," she snapped her fingers in remembrance. "How silly of me." Adraudia had quickly thrown them by the bed stand. The General had come calling one late night and had almost caught her sneaking out to meet with her Master. She had used the dice as an excuse, wanting to relax with her soldiers and play a simple game of Bosca.

She made her way back inside the bedroom proper and smiled at the arrangement with much approval. Razielle was looking at her expectant however. "As for the dice." She opened the bedside drawer and produced a leather pouch and jiggled it. "Found them!"

The Queen climbed into bed, smooshing pillows in her wake until she had found a comfortable cross-legged position. "This is a simple game really. There are three dice. Two that are numbered, one that has pictures. If the picture of the boma comes up, you automatically lose; the seal of Onderon allows you a free pass. You don't win or lose but in a real game, you wouldn't loose any money which is good. The object is to get as close to the number eight as possible while everyone bets on the one rolling the dice. But for our purposes, whoever gets closest to eight would be the winner, unless that pesky boma shows up." She giggled, "Is that acceptable?"

Razielle Alastor
Jul 20th, 2006, 04:55:22 PM
Accepting the dice from her friend, Razielle smirked a bit. "Oh sure, make the ward go first, I see how it's to be.."

Cupping them in her hands, Razielle gave them a little shave and whispered a small mantra of "No boma's, no boma's! Let's see a couple fours, baby!"

Laughing, she tossed the contents onto the tray and pouted to see a one, a two and a scepter. "I may be a novice, but I don't think that bodes well.."

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 20th, 2006, 05:21:48 PM
"No that does not, your Highness!" Adraudia said as she scooped up the dice and shook them within both hands. Confidently, she threw them down. A one, six and the crown were seen.

"I do believe that makes me the winner for this round." She tapped the glass expectantly. "And I do believe I get a question answered?'

Razielle Alastor
Jul 20th, 2006, 05:32:45 PM
"Correct. That and I have to have another drink!"

She reached over and picked up her glass, taking a sip. The Queen gave her a stern look and Razielle like a scolded child upended the glass, downing the champange. Well, at least she would be braced for her questioning. Refilling both of their glasses from the nearby bottle, she looked expectant.

"Okay, I am your for the questioning! Fire away!"

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 20th, 2006, 05:44:49 PM
Rumor had it that Salem had after hours visits with the Princess. Adraudia had chalked it up to nonsense talk, something the maids and servants to whisper about but with tonight's display of the Force from Razielle, the Queen had to wonder. Salem had to know of the Princess' power. Perhaps he was going to train her as well? But where would that leave the Queen of Onderon?

"Is their truth to the rumors of you and Salem?" Unless their meetings were simply physical.

Razielle Alastor
Jul 20th, 2006, 06:20:20 PM
Half truths, Raz. Keep it simple so that you can't be caught in a lie.

"Well, I didn't think you ask me that!!" She blew out a long sigh and fell back on the pillow behind her, gazing up at the ceiling.

"Yes. It's true. Mr. Ave has been in my room with me, late at night. We were even once caught by General DeSang in the hallway. I still feel the blush from that one."

Sitting up, Raziellle fidgeted with the covers, twisting them in her hands. "I wanted him the first day I saw him on Davora. He sees me. Not the pretty baby doll that my father portrayed me as, he saw behind all that. I know its completely unacceptable to feel as I do, to act as I do, but I cannot seem to help it. "

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 20th, 2006, 06:33:36 PM
Her words made sense yet Adraudia couldn't help noticing how things didn't add up. It seemed out of character for Salem to allow himself pleasure. Everything had a purpose, unless his courting of Razielle was meant for bigger things. Around the circle she went and it landed back at the Princess being groomed for training. However, the only one that could really answer that is Callidus. Asking the Princess would raise flags and make her wonder if Adraudia was doing something secretive...

"Well, he is handsome," she admitted, thought spoke with a disapproving tone. There was protocol when it came to courtships and Adraudia believed in them much the same. "I just worry about your feelings. I don't wish you to get hurt with your ... meetings. Also, if rumor becomes fact, there will be a nasty stir of the Court."

Razielle Alastor
Jul 21st, 2006, 12:11:46 AM
Smirking, Razielle reached for the dice and blew on them for luck. "Well then, in that event you'll just have to order him to marry me." Sticking her tongue out to show that she was only teasing, she threw her next roll. She very much doubted that Mister Ave could be made to do anything he hadn't planned out thoroughly.

"Aha! Much better!" She had a five and a one, and also what appeared to be a sword. "I apologize if my behavior has upset you. He just.. fills up a void that I hadn't realized was created in my life, after so much death. You and Salem, with the exception of faceless courtiers, are the only ones who even knew me.. before.

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 21st, 2006, 03:24:36 PM
Adraudia could empathize greatly. "I know how you feel. With my parents gone, General DeSang has been my closest of advisors and friend. Much the same happened with Salem's arrival."

She took the dice and shook them with an earnest smile, "And with you," and tossed them onto the pan to reveal a five, a three and the crown. A victorious grin shined. "Better, but not quite good enough."

The Queen would have to word her question carefully without giving too much away. "I know you aren't certain what really happened at the Ball but has anything strange like that ever occur in the past?"

Razielle Alastor
Jul 21st, 2006, 05:05:59 PM
Giving the Queen a lopsided grin, that signified that Razielle was getting quite warm and fuzzy, she gulped back the next cup of her losses. Combined with what she had already sampled at the ball, she had better not lose too many more throws. Let's see.. Had she ever used the Force to toss someone to the ground before?

"Not exactly.. no." Best to give her a bit more.. "I never yelled at someone and caused them to fall down. However, my Father always said I was faster with a sword than humanly possible. You remember? When I was a child and he'd make me fight his guards to entertain the court?"

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 22nd, 2006, 09:32:19 AM
Adraudia remembered vividly. She was rather jealous at Razielle's natural talent for one so young at the time. The Princess would dance circles around her father's guards, much to the delight of Davora's Court.

"Yes. You were simply amazing. Far better then some men who trained their whole lives in service of the crown." Unnatural speed was a trait that Force users held. "I also remember being enamored by your ability and forcing you to teach me! I ended up dropping my weapon more often then not."

She scooped up the dice before Razielle could swipe them. "Let me go first since your first goings have ended poorly."

The dice fell from her hands and revealed a six, a four and the fanned pair of coins.

Razielle Alastor
Jul 22nd, 2006, 10:13:13 AM
Well, the Queen had gone bust on that one. All Razielle needed now was to not do the same.

"Yikes, a ten! Not good, maybe you'll be up ending your glass this round, Majesty-most-sober." She gave them a shake and tossed the dice onto the tray revealing a pair of fours and a seal of Onderon. She squealed in delight, quite nearly falling off the bed, making them both burst into laughter.

"Drink up Majesty!" Razielle tapped a finger against her lips, thinking of a question. She handed Adraudia her glass and looked for the bottle, only to find it empty.

"Do you have any more bottles...?"

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 22nd, 2006, 10:23:15 PM
This would proven to be a wondrous tale to boast amongst her Beat Rider's, but Adraudia did not think Razielle would like her Majesty to be bragging about how she drank the Princess under the table. Especially since Adraudia hadn't drank a single drop, save for the emptying of her glass for the first time.

"Unfortunately I don't." She took the bottle carefully and set it on the bed stand. "Which is all right considering your inebriated state. I dare say that my dice were quite good to me tonight, yet I still owe you an answer to a question."

Razielle Alastor
Jul 23rd, 2006, 02:34:19 PM
She thought about it for a long time, what she wanted to ask her friend. She didn't really have anything pressing on her mind, not that Adraudia would be able to help her with anyways. So she asked the first thing that came out of her mouth.

"Did you enjoy yourself tonight, debacle aside.." She really hoped that up until things had turned for the worst that the Queen had been able to have a good time. If anyone of them had needed it it was the Queen.

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 24th, 2006, 01:51:48 PM
Adraudia felt the blood rush to her face and nodded. "Yes. I did. It was rather enjoyable to not be the Queen of Onderon for some time. I'm just surprised at the lewdness! But, my dress certainly didn't help."

She giggled and finished her glass as promised. "Yet it was fun having all that attention placed on me without having people fear me!"

Razielle Alastor
Jul 24th, 2006, 03:04:24 PM
Not even bother to stifle her yawn, Razielle rubbed her eyes smearing her makeup a bit giving her a darker look. "I'm glad, that means I can steal you from duty every so often now, knowing you need a break and not feel guilty."

She needed to go to bed, she was sick of being in her ballgown and hot from all the alcohol. Not to mention her feet were killing her and she was all tuckered out. "Well Majesty, all in all I say we had a splendid night. Might I ask your leave to retire though before I wind up crashing in the royal bed? What a stir that would make.."

Laughing, Razielle grabbed her shoes and fan. She tidied up the mess before she got ready to go so that the Queen wasn't left picking up from their little wind down party.

"I'll see you after noon then..?"

Adraudia Basillie
Jul 24th, 2006, 03:10:32 PM
Adraudia had walked Razielle to the door and scooped her up into a sisterly embrace. "Thank you for everything tonight."

Hopefully Salem won't scold me too badly. I still have him to contend with...

She relinquished the hug and smiled. "Yes. Noon it is."

However, the Princes was quite tipsy, bordering on drunkenness!. "Are you sure you won't need an escort back to your room? I don't want you taking a nasty fall."

Razielle Alastor
Jul 24th, 2006, 04:41:50 PM
"Nah, don't worry about me. I know when to say when!" She slurred her words and gave the Queen a soldierly salute and was off, giggling down the hall. Now so long as she didn't have an angry Callidus waiting to pull her head off in her room things were going rather well...