PDA

View Full Version : Howl at the Moon [completed]

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 9th, 2006, 10:14:13 PM
Aylee slipped over the great Wall of Iziz, dropping silently and swiftly to the ground on the other side. The Force slowed her descent until her toes touched the ground, as lightly as a feather. There was a large clearing around the city - every other day crews were sent to keep the overgrowth under control.

The walls were constantly guarded, the Wilds outside of the Wall were regarded with viligance. A hundred feet high and wide enough to drive a cart on, the Wall had kept Iziz safe for millenia. It was not simple to cross it unnoticed, but Lilaena managed it. The dash to the cover of the surrounding jungle had to be timed just right.

Onderon was orbited by four moons, so moonlight was always a problem when it came to stealth. The largest, Dxun, glimmered in the night sky like a greenish jewel. Aylee ran.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 12th, 2006, 06:39:31 PM
Safely out of the clearing, Lilaena slipped into the shadowed depths of the jungle. Night insects stopped their singing as she moved quietly through their domain, only to begin again as she left them behind.

A traipse through the countryside on any other planet might have been relaxing. Instead Lilaena remained on her toes, senses alert to even the slightest change in her surroundings. Her lightsaber was clipped to her belt, and she was wearing a dark green tunic over black leggings. Her little excursion was not without purpose, either. She was meeting someone far from the walls of the city.

Dalamar DeSang
Jul 13th, 2006, 10:11:41 PM
He bathed in the light of the four moons, to long had he denied his heritage his true self. He had grown accustomed to being the General. He was domesticated losing his touch with what made him what he was. He heard a wolf howl in the darkness he smiled, he knew how he felt. His ancient blood stirred again to be with the wild things that scratched at the wall of Iziz.

The hot wind blew against his cool skin. He was dressed lightly and carried only one of his swords on his hip. But the beasts knew better. He was not the prey tonight.

Lil and Dalamar had agreed to a meeting. There was another prescence at the party a force user. The ripples that had resonated where undeniable.

Lil had caught on to it as he had she was quite capable. More than once Dalamar thought of turning her. What could she be, do if she was part of the One. But no, she had refused the offer to let the dragon's blood course thru her and Dalamar would respect her wishes.

As much as he trusted Lil he knew that she kept things from him as he did from her. Only fools told everything they knew. The moon light shined around him as the Dark Lord waited for his former Masters arrival.....

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 17th, 2006, 12:09:22 AM
Avoiding the deadly plants was simple enough once one knew what to look for. Lilaena had spent considerable time outside the walls, at first with the young man she had met the first time she had traveled to Iziz. Clive Solo had trained under her for a short while before disappearing in the middle of the night.

If she ever saw him again, they would have words.

She dropped lightly out of a tree, landing in front of DeSang. Sans armour, he seemed to glimmer in the moonlight. "Thank you for joining me, General."

General Devious
Jul 23rd, 2006, 10:42:11 PM
"Thank you for joining me, General." Lil said softly as she dropped from the tree like a ghost. Dal gave a light bow to his former Master.

"I really could not refuse now could I. Something of this importance could not pass without discussion. Me and You are the only force users in the palace or so I thought until recently." The Dark Lord paused noting a falling star. There was one and with all the stirring of the force I felt in that room there may have been another. Do you think we have a Master and apprentice situation my lady Lil?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 24th, 2006, 01:04:34 AM
She smiled, her eyes glinting in the greenish moonlight. "I do believe this is the case, DeSang. I was not close enough to see the woman who we felt, but with the masks in place it would be almost impossible to recognize her again anyway."

Lilaena paused, "I would not be surprised if she were a member of the royal family, though the Queen was on the dias at the time of the incident. Was she not? But the bloodline of Freedon Nadd runs through the royalty of Onderon."

General Devious
Jul 24th, 2006, 10:24:46 AM
"I would not be surprised if she were a member of the royal family, though the Queen was on the dias at the time of the incident. Was she not? But the bloodline of Freedon Nadd runs through the royalty of Onderon."

"Araudia?" Dalamar said Increduosly. "Well there is also Kyzer and the visiting Razelle." Dalamar paused and walked with his hands clasped behind his back. The General was thinking. "Lil can you tell me what you know about the Freedon Nadd that is not in the history books and why that your seeking them so hard?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 24th, 2006, 11:16:34 AM
She waved her hand dismissively, "Razielle is not of Freedon Nadd's bloodline and not even from Onderon, and the Queen's cousin is a man, not a woman.

"As far as what I know..." Lilaena looked upwards at the luminous disc of the moon. "The tomb is a great source of power - the power of the Force. Power I need, if I am to fulfill my master's dying wishes."

She gestured upwards at the demon moon. "It is much too dangerous simply to fly up there and look for the tomb, without a general sense of where it is. The beasts above that do not fly are just as bad as the ones here that do, if not worse. As you know, the air is toxic. But I have been waiting months in this little city and I know only a tiny bit more than I did when I got here." Lilaena clenched her fists with frustration.

She paused, "However it is said that the tomb is constructed of Mandalorian steel. Perhaps your enemies in the Wilds may know where the tomb is, though it has been thousands of years."

General Devious
Jul 24th, 2006, 11:26:22 AM
"If I may ask? What is your Masters dying wish? As for the other problems. I can go places that few can, maybe together we can pierce the veil of mystery surrounding Freedon Nadd. But, I have no desire to wander around aimlessly looking for the tomb. I will work to assist you. But to get our hands on a Mandolorian that knows anything of this nature could be a little tricky."

"Most are not scholars..."

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 24th, 2006, 11:46:45 AM
She stiffened, "No you may not ask, DeSang." Suddenly she wished she had the comfort of A'na Eldhil's robe about her shoulders. But it was folded neatly and had been left in her room.

With effort, Lilaena relaxed and tried to smile. "I agree, the Mandalorians are not scholars, though over the years they have kidnapped many Ondorian women in order to continue their race. It may be that one of these women were of a nature to write things down." She sighed, "But again, there are too many variables. Too many 'ifs' and not enough fact."

Lilaena sat down on a mossy log. "It may be that there is someone else who could help us."

Dalamar DeSang
Jul 26th, 2006, 11:02:49 PM
"I know of only one that could help us. But to get to him would make a thousand paths to Freedon Nadd seem safe. Not to say its impossible."

"He is an Oracle used by the Father. Getting to him may be a little out of your realm of experience. Excluding your present company of course. As for your former Master I meant no disrespect."

The Dark Lord gave a slight bow to his former Master then continued. "Maybe you have someone in mind? If not and if it is your wish I will make prepartions to contact him. I believe he will help us he owe's me."

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 27th, 2006, 03:21:59 PM
"Your enthusiasm is appreciated, but I was thinking of someone a little closer to home." She eyed him, considering putting him back underneath her as student. On his own he would most likely blunder and ruin her plans.

Unfortunately she had already taught him most of what she herself knew. As long as she continued to have his respect, Dalamar should be easy enough to keep in line. He looked at her with a question in his eyes. Who? The word was hanging in the air between them, unspoken.

"I do not want you to act on this information. I reserve that right for myself. Do you understand?" He nodded, but she still hesitated.

A long moment passed in the moonlight, and then she continued. "I believe you know him quite well. The Queen's advisor, Salem Ave."

Dalamar DeSang
Jul 27th, 2006, 09:24:11 PM
The Vampyre's face contorted in rage at Lilaena's nerve. "Lil you go to far!! Onderon is my planet and not your playground!! You forget your place here."

"I will deal with Salem in my own way and to hell with anything that interfere's with THAT!!" Dalamar left in a fury. He didn't want to say anything more that he would regret. Respect would only go so far and he would not sell Onderon for anyone's former Master.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 27th, 2006, 09:40:50 PM
Angered at his reaction, she slapped him across the face with the Force, rocking him back on his heels and quieting his noise.

"You go too far, DeSang, and assume too much." Lilaena's voice was deadly calm. "Mortal enemy or no, Salem Ave is a user of the Force."

Dalamar's face registered his surprise, and for once he kept his hasty mouth shut, though she could almost see the thoughts running through his head. Her old student was still very angry.

"As a Force user on this planet, of all planets, he may very well be a source of knowledge that neither you or I could dream of. I found nothing in the Archives about the tomb. And if Salem Ave is trained in use the Force, he may know of others."

Her tone grew even more chilly, "And if he cannot see things my way, then we will eliminate him, and protect your precious Queen. But not before I talk to him!"

Dalamar DeSang
Jul 27th, 2006, 10:15:22 PM
"Your condecending tone says much Lilaena. Talk to him then but I don't think you will be as impressed as you wish."

Dalamar wiped the blood from his chin. "As for the other I have had many Masters. I have been to the other side of the Universe and back and I have outlived them all. Good friends are hard to come by Lil don't throw yours away in an obsession."

"Is there anything else you want to tell me about running Onderon before I go." Dalamar's started to calm down and he spoke softer.

"Hell, Lileana do what you need. If you want to speak to me again you now where to find me I wish you well for your former Master's sake and your own peace of mind..."

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 27th, 2006, 10:19:21 PM
Frustrated, she rubbed her forehead with her hand. "I do not wish to do anything behind your back, old friend, which is why I am telling you my plan."

Lilaena got to her feet, and touched his face where she had hurt him. "It is something I have to do - I can feel it. I know you are concerned with the saftey of the city, and for Adraudia, but I can get you information about your enemy you would never have gotten otherwise."

She was standing in front of him, looking up into his eyes. "I would not want you to rush heedlessly into an encounter with a Force user of unknown strength, Dalamar. And if we both get what we want, more the better."

Dalamar DeSang
Jul 29th, 2006, 11:37:14 PM
"Salem is cunning I will give him that. People dissapear around him. I know I don't have to tell you to be careful but regardless I will." He paused before continuing..

"I have already given him more leeway at the request of the Queen herself. If he had had any less support I would have already done for him. I think he has seduced the Queen's ward and is working his way into Araudia's heart also."

His hand tightened on the hilt of his sword. "I hope you find what your looking for Lil. But I fear that this spider is planning and waiting for the right moment to strike from the shadows."

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 29th, 2006, 11:48:52 PM
"But to what end? Perhaps he seeks the power of Freedon Nadd's legacy also." She narrowed her eyes. "I do not know how strong he is in the Force, either. Don't worry, I will be careful."

Dalamar DeSang
Jul 30th, 2006, 12:17:51 AM
"Well if he is then I fear he won't have much success." He clasped Lil's forearm in his own and his eye's narrowed. "Me and you were born of fire,anger, hatred and Death. He's playing in a game against enemy's that he doesn't know.

He gripped her tightly. "If something happens to you then he seals his own fate, there's a promise of pain and death waiting for him."

Dalamar smiled and wiped his chin. "Try not to make him bleed to much my lady Lil."

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2006, 12:29:52 AM
She inclined her head to the side, "But of course not." Lilaena smiled, extracting her arm from his grasp. "Now, I'm sure you'll be missed at the palace if you don't get back quickly."

She turned to go, and then stopped. "It is a shame we didn't get our dance at the ball." Lilaena half-smiled, "But there's always next time."

Dalamar DeSang
Jul 30th, 2006, 12:56:27 AM
"Yes, it is a shame. But then I know another chance will present itself soon." Dalamar winked. "I must say you did look good enough to eat." Dalamar smiled one last time knowing that that comment could mean so many things coming from him..

His former Master was his master no more but could he see her as a woman? Yes, he believed he could. He bowed slightly and took her hand in his one last time. He kissed her wrist lightly she did not flinch at all, a true tigress. "Until you return safely Lady Lil."

Turning on his heel he faded into the darkness like a ghost in the night. Leaving Lil to her plots and plans.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2006, 12:59:53 AM
She rubbed her wrist as he left the clearing, alone with her thoughts.

After a few minutes, she also left, but in a different direction. She wanted to kill something tonight.