PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend of the Millennia

Michele Hawkins
Jul 5th, 2006, 05:18:17 PM
Hey. I'm Michele Hawkins and I'm an Immortal, doomed to fight for the rest of my life for some elusive prize that no one has any clue what it is. Nice huh? I mean, if I'm suppose to loose my head over it, you'd think they'd be nice enough to tell me what the hell I'm fighting for, right? It still boggles my mind. Anyway ...

I've grown to accept my immortality after a bit of fuss, which included several loud arguments with Fiona (that's my girlfriend), bitching and moaning during training (Immortals can only die by having their heads cut off, hence the sword training), and running off to face an Immortal for the first time who was several centuries wizened by the Game (that's the prize thing again). Well I won, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be talking here. Balan, the guy I killed, was a pirate and sailed with Black Beard himself. He was a nasty, perverted man whose only joy in life was bringing misery to others and pleasure to himself. Fiona was right, the world was better off without him and thanks to his death, I'm a whole lot smarter for it. See, when an Immortal kills another Immortal, we absorb all their memories and skills. I know what you're thinking and don't worry, it's nothing like them taking us over. Whatever magic transfers those abilities melds it into our psyche as if it was ours to begin with. Hurts like a bitch when the transfer takes place but when it's over, I'm still me and it awakened a curiosity.

I’ve been with Fiona for a little over a year, most of that time I wasn’t an Immortal and really didn’t question just how old she was. Well, eventually she told me she was over a millennia old. Over a thousand years old in laymen’s terms. Okay say it again with me, over a thousand years old! Good god! The things she must have seen, and done (I try not to think of who she’s done and how many, ugh… ), and with the knowledge I gained from Balan it makes me want to know everything (yes, including the ick previously mentioned).

So here I am, snooping around Fiona’s study. I mean, this is the most opportune time to do this since we just moved into the new condo. All of her books, magazines, diaries and notes are all still unpacked and ripe for the noseying! Yes, I could just ask her about her life but I’ve been doing that for the last year, but I want to read about what happened while it was happening and get a new perspective on the woman I love. Besides, she did say whatever is hers is mine too! So, it’s technically not snooping! Right?!

With a tapping of a finger against my chin, I debate which taped box to open first. There was one already on Fiona’s desk so why not that one? I get to sit down and pry.

I get a box cutter and gently slice open the hidden stories waiting for me. I pull out several diaries that didn’t look that old. They were all of the same olive color and design; the cover indicating which year they were from. I had 1970-1975 in both hands and placed them on the desk. There was still a lot to look at. I also found several hardcover books (Fiona always bought hardcover) that were stuffed into here as well. I line up Watership down, Centennial, Poirot’s Early Cases, and Star Wars – The Adventures of Luke Skywalker (??? – Need to ask about that one) and nestle them together between two cherub bookends. Next, I find some old National Geographics and hello, what’s this? Fiona’s been holding out on me. She has a 1973 Playboy! Shame on you!

I look around like a kid trying not to get caught and flip through the magazine, reading the articles of course. I forget how much time is passing as I thumb through the pages and admire the beautiful women of the 70’s, turning the magazine sideways to have the pinup unfold before me and reveal FIONA???!!! Her assets are barely covered by this sexy Alice in Wonderland lacey outfit while stretching out on some mushroom.

”What the hell?!” I say louder then I want to but I was stunned shock here! C’mon, I’m looking at Fiona nude and not in my bedroom!!! There's obviously so very little I know of her, and very little of HER that the world hasn't already seen.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 5th, 2006, 05:31:34 PM
:: Fiona entered the study and gave a mock scream of shock as she peeked over Michele's shoulder ::

"Where did that come from???"

Michele Hawkins
Jul 5th, 2006, 05:34:44 PM
"Sh - OW!!!" Fiona scared me so badly that before I could finish swearing, the magazine in my hand flew into the air and the back of the recliner tipped over, spilling me onto the floor.

Oh yeah, I was busted.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 5th, 2006, 05:43:36 PM
:: The magazine fell open, right on the page with Fiona posing on a table in a very erotic version of the mad tea party ::

"That isn't me!!!" she exclaimed, her cheeks burning brightly.

Michele Hawkins
Jul 5th, 2006, 05:46:22 PM
My cheeks were red too, because I was caught, though seeing Fiona embarrassed like this is rather funny. I blow the bangs outta my eyes and point in mock accusation, "Like hell it isn't!"

I get up and take the evidence and put the page next to Fiona's face. Of course it was her. "A perfect match my dear."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 6th, 2006, 11:18:05 AM
"If you think that's me, it's living proof you've lost your mind!"

:: She took the magazine and turned the pages, her cheeks glowing even brighter as she tried to keep from laughing ::

"These are utterly silly! I can't believe I posed for these!"

Michele Hawkins
Jul 6th, 2006, 03:44:04 PM
I snatch the magazine back and look at my lover as if she was insane, "Is there anything else you'd like to tell me that you've posed for?"

Without waiting for a reply, I start rummaging through the box to try and find more evidence!

Fiona Devlin
Jul 6th, 2006, 04:03:34 PM
"Michele Hawkins!!! Get out of that box!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Jul 6th, 2006, 04:07:15 PM
I bump her away with my hip as my greedy hands produced a binder that said '1976' photoshoot. I round the table to get away from her begin to open its contents.

"So ... what do we have in here hmm?" My voice is nothing but playful. There are few times I can really mess with Fiona so I'm totally going to ride this one out for as long as I can.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 6th, 2006, 04:10:49 PM
:: Fiona dashed about the table counterclockwise and made a grab for the folder ::

"You are being a brat!"

Michele Hawkins
Jul 6th, 2006, 04:25:42 PM
I lift the binder up over my head and did a spin to avoid Fiona's nabbing hands. "Yes, but you love me, oh what's this?!"

When the binder came back down, I was staring at Fiona's sand covered butt. The shoot was done on some beach. "Hmm. Guilty again Ms. Devlin. Posing for Playboy didn't get you excited enough it seems."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 6th, 2006, 04:34:48 PM
:: She narrowed her eyes and stood with hands on hips as Michele perused the photographs ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 6th, 2006, 04:38:46 PM
I flip through each photo, humming and making 'ooo and aaah' sounds. One particular photo forces my eyebrow to arc. "Oh, dear."

I turn the binder around with a sheepish grin as the naughty photo comes into view. Fiona was posing inside a shower, pouring milk down her nude body. "Water wasn't good enough?"

Fiona Devlin
Jul 6th, 2006, 04:45:00 PM
:: Fiona sat down at the table, hiding her face in her hands ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 6th, 2006, 04:46:09 PM
I laugh. "What? You shouldn't do things that someone might find out about."

My finger turns the page and I find the cream of the crop. Fiona not only pouring the milk onto her but also drinking it. "Think we should blow this one up and hang it over the fireplace?"

Fiona Devlin
Jul 6th, 2006, 04:51:06 PM
:: She looked up with a grin ::

"Ha ha, you're very amusing, now put them back. Please."

Michele Hawkins
Jul 6th, 2006, 04:54:19 PM
"Okaaaaay, fiiiine..." I whine like a child who was forced to put away a toy and put back the binder and Playboy into the box. After a moment, I bust out laughing again because Fiona's cheeks were still a bright crimson.

"You shouldn't hide your secrets from me." I stick out my tongue. "At least, not anymore."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:04:18 PM
"You can look at the rest later."

:: she hopped up and walked into the kitchen ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:06:33 PM
I kinda shimmied, a bit confused. "Why can't I see them now?"

Fiona Devlin
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:09:15 PM
"Popcorn shrimp."

:: she placed a plateful of them on the counter in front of Michele, along with some sauces for dipping ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:17:13 PM
My stomach caves and I begin to drool. Shrimp is my kryptonite. "You win!"

I dig in all happy.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:23:28 PM
"So, you like them?"

:: she sits next to Michele and shares the shrimp ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:07:12 AM
I snort and look at her all 'duh'. "Course I do," I say still chewing and ready to pop in some more handsize goodies into my mouth.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:07:53 AM
:: She grins a silly grin and hops back into the kitchen. She dashed back and forth like the roadrunner, crushing ice in the blender and mixing up some Margaritas. Then she served a glass to Michele with a cherry on top ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 8th, 2006, 10:13:43 AM
I start to slow down my chewing as I watch Fiona run around the kitchen. Something was up. I mean, she's always nice to me but this was going over the top.

When she places the margarita down, my eyes slowly drift up into her beaming face. "Ya know," I take the cherry, bite off the fruit and point the stem at her, "This isn't going to make me magically forget that box."

I make a grand gesture across the room, "Or all the other boxes in there that have yet to be snooped upon."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:49:21 AM
:: Fiona poured herself a margarita and leaned on the counter in front of Michele ::

"Go ahead and snoop, I don't care. Honestly, it's nothing you haven't seen already."

:: She stuck out her tongue in self-defense ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:24:59 PM
"Really?" I wasn't buying a minute of this act. "Even your diaries before the turn of the 20th century? Even later?"

I smile innocently, showing the cherry pit between my teeth before taking with two fingers and setting off to the side on my plate. "I don't want to know just Fiona during my lifetime. I want to know all of her."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 10th, 2006, 03:17:21 PM
:: Fiona's eyes widened spookily as the smile left her face ::

"Do you?"

Michele Hawkins
Jul 10th, 2006, 03:28:19 PM
"Uh ... " I feel my face caving in as her odd demeanor sends a shiver down my spine. " ... yeah. I do. Why wouldn't I? Or ... don't you want me to know?"

Maybe she's hiding something? I dunno. What I do know is that a thousand years of history isn't all glamorous. I realize that. I know a lot of bad is going to be found, maybe some demons too but hell, she knows all mine. I honestly have nothing else to give her and if I did, I would because I know I'm asking a helluva lot from her.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 10th, 2006, 03:54:38 PM
:: Fiona set her margarita down, and she gazed into Michele's eyes deeply ::

"I shall let you read my journals, Michele Hawkins. If that is your deepest wish."

Michele Hawkins
Jul 10th, 2006, 04:13:08 PM
"It is." I smile and take her hands into mine so I could kiss them. "Thank you."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 10th, 2006, 04:54:20 PM
"I have been many things, in many lifetimes."

:: a pout formed upon her lips, and she looked pensive ::

"You may find some of them displeasing."

Michele Hawkins
Jul 10th, 2006, 05:01:37 PM
My eyes soften and for a moment I'm speechless. I could say some drivel like it doesn't matter! What's in the past stays in the past! I love who you are now! Ya know, that sorta crap but I know I can't say that stuff truthfully. I won't know what my reaction will be, but I do know one thing.

"Regardless of what I read, I love you now Fiona. Who you are now is a summation of everything you've been through. I can't promise I won't be displeased but it won't change my feelings for you." I smile. "Okay?"

Fiona Devlin
Jul 10th, 2006, 05:09:22 PM
:: A nervous laugh blurted from Fiona's throat as she fought the urge to cry, and she kissed Michele on the lips ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 10th, 2006, 05:34:43 PM
I rest my forehead against hers when she pulls away. "You sure you're okay?"

I laugh a little and kiss her forehead, stroking her cheek softly as she calms down further.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 12th, 2006, 04:23:42 PM
:: Fiona smiled and pet Michele's cheek in return ::

"I love you."

Michele Hawkins
Jul 12th, 2006, 04:27:17 PM
Awww. I'm so lucky. "I love you too."

Enter Michele Hawkins the mush. Those boxes are the last thing on my mind now.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 12th, 2006, 04:40:46 PM
"Alot of the journals, the older ones, they aren't exactly in english. I'll have to read them to you."

Michele Hawkins
Jul 12th, 2006, 04:44:26 PM
"Huh? Oh ..." I reel in my thoughts and focus. "... Sorry. Was daydreaming."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 12th, 2006, 04:51:13 PM
:: Fiona takes her margarita glass again ::

"Would you like more shrimp? Or would you rather get back to snooping?"

Michele Hawkins
Jul 12th, 2006, 04:53:36 PM
"Oh please." I wave away that notion as if it were despicable and pop another shrimp into my mouth. "Snooping is when you don't know I'm doing it."

I beam. “Which is not the case anymore.”

Fiona Devlin
Jul 12th, 2006, 04:58:33 PM
:: Fiona nodded, then pranced off down the hall to the study again ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 12th, 2006, 08:30:55 PM
I turn my head, narrowing my eyes till I see a fuzzy frolicking Fiona. I know that walk. She's up to something!

"Hey wait!" I bolt outta my chair and catch up just as she disappeared into her study. I look about the room with a critical eye. Everything seems in order.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 13th, 2006, 08:40:55 AM
:: Taking a strategic backwards step, Fiona sat down on one of the boxes and looked innocent ::

"What?"

Michele Hawkins
Jul 13th, 2006, 03:33:16 PM
"Nuh uh." I shoo her further back with my hand. "Step away from the box nice and slowly Miss. Devlin."

I peek down at it and snatch the box cutter. "What's in it?"

Fiona Devlin
Jul 13th, 2006, 03:44:31 PM
"It's nothing. Just some old records. Very boring. Really."

:: Fiona fidgeted as Michele held her ground ::

"Oh Come On!!! You Don't Want To Start With This Box!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Jul 13th, 2006, 04:00:41 PM
"Well, I was going to put the box cutter down but now you've really convinced me that this box needs to be opened." Oh Fiona. You should know better! The more insistent you get, the more I need to do it!

The box opens with a perfect grated slice. I set the cutter down and pull out some old videos from Solid Gold and American Bandstand.

"Oh hell no." I dig further and pull out a photo album that had professional and candid pictures of Fiona with Olivia Newton John??? I quickly grab one of the records and flip it over, scanning for a familiar Irishwoman.

Fiona Welch. Backup singer.

I bust out laughing. “Oh You Did Not!!!”

Fiona Devlin
Jul 13th, 2006, 04:08:34 PM
:: Fiona's cheeks puffed and she groaned ::

"Oh Just Cut My Head Off Already!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Jul 13th, 2006, 04:12:27 PM
I click my tongue and roll my eyes. "No needing to become a drama queen. We haven't unpacked the stereo equipment yet. Kinda hard to play any of this stuff without it."

The truth to why I spared her is because as funny as this would be, I'm more interested in Fiona's earlier years before she became an Immortal. Disco Diva can wait.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 13th, 2006, 04:45:07 PM
:: Fiona sits down and browses through the photo album with a big grin ::

"We had some great times." she murmured outloud, flipping the pages.

Michele Hawkins
Jul 13th, 2006, 04:50:05 PM
"Why do you do things so reckless like that anyway?" I sit on the edge of the desk and lean over to look at the pictures as well. "Being photographed, taped and recorded? I mean seriously. One day someone's gonna put two and two together."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 13th, 2006, 05:01:37 PM
:: Fiona looked up ::

" I wasn't looking for fame and fortune. I just did it for fun. I doubt anyone still remembers me in the grand scheme of things anyway."

Michele Hawkins
Jul 13th, 2006, 05:04:22 PM
"You're missing my point. They might not remember you but if someone gets curious, you've left a helluva paper trail darling."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 13th, 2006, 05:13:34 PM
:: Fiona rolled her eyes ::

"It's been over twenty years and no one's come knocking. I think people are more concerned with Elvis sightings."

Michele Hawkins
Jul 13th, 2006, 05:16:45 PM
"Elvis sightings?" I'm taken aback by that. The way Fiona said it was almost as if she meant that he was a ... I mean, ya know? But no! He couldn't be.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 22nd, 2006, 11:47:38 AM
"I can't say I really know for sure."

:: Fiona laughed and stood up ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 22nd, 2006, 12:00:34 PM
Great. Another great mystery never to be answered.

"Okay, but I still have a point. Some people have long memories and they might just remember meeting you once upon a time one day."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 22nd, 2006, 02:18:07 PM
"Okay, okay, I get it."

:: she held her hands up in surrender ::

Michele Hawkins
Jul 22nd, 2006, 02:26:36 PM
I beam. My concerns aren't to control Fiona. She can do what she wants; I just worry about her, which is funny when you think about it. She's over one thousand years old and I'm worried about her? Love is a funny thing. After my antics with Balan, she should still be worrying over me! Hell, I'm still nineteen! I'm a spec of an Immortal when you think about it.

"Well, thanks for understanding my concerns." I look around greedily. Speaking of a thousand years, I had a lot of reading to do. "Would you mind if I start at the beginning?"

I look at her in all seriousness. "I want to know what the world was like before you were an Immortal."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 22nd, 2006, 02:44:41 PM
:: Fiona shuffled her feet ::

"Well, I didn't actually learn to read and write until much later."

Michele Hawkins
Jul 22nd, 2006, 02:47:42 PM
I smack my forehead with the palm of my hand. "Aw, man. Sorry Fiona. I wasn't thinking."

Okay, duh. Not everyone was able to read and write back in the first century AD. Usually only Nobility and people of wealth were lucky enough to learn. Stupid me for being presumptuous.

Fiona Devlin
Jul 22nd, 2006, 02:50:51 PM
"It's alright." she replied, reaching out to tickle Michele.

"You can go ahead and poke around, I have a few errands to run. I'll tell you all about it later."

:: Fiona grabbed her keys and off she went while Michele grabbed one of the diaries at random.

The journal entry read 542 A.D -

The loss of Arthur Pendragon deeply saddens me. For the last six years I have served as his advisor in Merlin's stead, and with this Great King's death, an era has ended. At least Mordred found death upon the sword I brought up from the lake as Merlin called upon me to do, and now my time in Britain ends as I take Arthur's body to Avalon.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 12:37:16 PM
My eyes narrow and I slowly creep forward to re-read that first paragraph. "Huh?"

I bring the book up closer for a clearer inspection and bring it back down. Then repeat said response several more times.

A little light bulb goes off.

OH MY GOD!!!

I run outta the study and chase down Fiona. I happen to catch her just before she's about to leave and pin her against the wall. "YOU WERE THE LADY OF THE LAKE?????"

King Arthur was true????

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 12:40:35 PM
:: After recovering from the deer in headlights experience of getting pinned to the wall, Fiona chuckled ::

"Ah, you found that one, did you?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 12:42:16 PM
I allow her freedom only because my mind is racing and my arms are talking as fast as my mouth. "All of that was real??? You know how people debate the legitimacy of Arthur's rule and here you are, standing as proof that Camelot and all of that was true???"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 12:54:17 PM
"Aye." she grinned with her back to the wall. There was no escape from her dearest love.

"My name was Nimue back then. It was Merlin who called me to bring Excalibur up from the lake, all those centuries ago."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 12:58:31 PM
"So was Merlin like us? Oh! And Excalibur! Was that sword really special like it was in the legends?" I was half tempted to take the car and drive down to the Antique shop to see if Fiona had it stashed somewhere. Oh yeah, driving doesn't bother me anymore heh. Not since taking Balan's head. I'm actually really quite good at it now.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 01:06:57 PM
"No, not Immortal." she replied, stepping away from the wall. "He was a Mage."

"I'll tell you all about it, if you'd like to come along."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 01:09:31 PM
"Sure!" I say instantly. "Just let me put this back in the study where it belongs."

I don't want anything happening to it, nor anything else belonging to Fiona. I lock the study and grab my coat. "Let's go."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 01:39:36 PM
:: Fiona told Michele of her time with Merlin as she drove. How he was her teacher in magical knowledge and craft; and her lover as well. The subject of Excalibur came up as well ::

"So Methos and Merlin are sitting there after one pint far too many, and this little wager comes up. Of course Methos just had to take the cynical view, and the next thing I know, they're both looking at me!!! What??? What is it?? Oh no!!! I'm not!!! I'm not going to do it!!!"

:: She stopped at a red light ::

"The next thing I know, I'm at the bottom of a freezing lake to fetch a magical sword from the realm of faerie, all because of those two scoundrels!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 01:49:24 PM
The subject of Excalibur was only partially heard as I miffed over the fact that Fiona had banged Merlin. So stupid of me I know. Jealous over a guy that was what? Close to being 1500 years deceased?

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 02:00:19 PM
:: She looked at Michele curiously and waved her fingers ::

"Why are you pouting?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 02:02:43 PM
"Huh? Oh nothing." I chuckle and put on my best game face. "Just imagining what it would've been like freezing my butt off. That was mean of them!"

Okay. Hopefully that was convincing.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 02:08:52 PM
:: She caught Michele's hand and kissed it, knowing better. The light turned green and they were off again ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 02:09:58 PM
I clear my throat and push aside my jealousy. "What happened to Excalibur when Arthur died and you took him to Avalon?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 02:13:32 PM
"In safe keeping. Not at the shop if that's what you're wondering."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 02:14:44 PM
"Whaaat?" I look appalled but Fiona keeps staring at me. Woman can read my mind quite well at times. "I just wanted a peek!"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 02:31:48 PM
"It's very much like the sword I carry, given to me the day I was knighted by the Seelie Queen." she replied.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 02:36:00 PM
"I take it that means no peeking eh?" I squeeze her hand with a smile. "So in your humble opinion, is there anything else in your journals you could prepare me for so I don't tackle you into the wall next time?'

I chuckle. "Or is that going to be a running theme with me as I read through things?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 02:48:09 PM
:: They drove into the parking lot of the supermarket and Fiona paused in thought ::

"Well, there was that time I rode naked on a horse through the streets of Coventry, but you have plenty of reading to do before you get to that." ;)

:: She locked the car and walked inside the supermarket ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 02:50:18 PM
I groan inwardly and as we enter the supermarket, I lean over and whisper into Fiona's ear. "I swear I need to make a list of who hasn't seen you naked! It would be much easier!"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 03:01:04 PM
:: Fiona burst into a giggling fit, frightening the poor old woman in front of them ::

"Oh I'm terribly sorry!!!" :lol

Old Woman - "What's so funny???"

Fiona - "Nothing!!! :lol I swear!!! :lol It's nothing!!! :lol

:: The woman gave a very sour look as Fiona patted her the shoulder and apologized. Fiona's cheeks puffed as she looked at Michele, then she staggered away in another fit of mirth towards the bakery department. The old woman grumbled and huffed her way out the door ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 03:03:35 PM
Sigh. I can't take her anywhere can I?

I grab a cart and chase after my girlfriend, wondering if she was laughing just because I made a really good funny, or the fact that it was true :(

Fiona Devlin
Sep 16th, 2006, 03:13:01 PM
:: Fiona turned and held up a loaf for Michele to see ::

"Sun-dried tomato bread." :)

Michele Hawkins
Sep 16th, 2006, 03:17:43 PM
I curl my nose. "Someone daft must've invented that. But you know me. I'll try anything once."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 08:01:04 AM
"Daft???"

:: Fiona blinked, before falling into a perfect california valley girl accent ::

"Oh my god!!! Michie!!! That is like, so U.K.!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 08:05:00 AM
My eyes narrow as I push the cart into her stomach. "I do not talk like that!"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 08:09:08 AM
:: Fiona dodged with a grin and scampered down the next aisle, hopping back and forth to fill up the the cart as Michele followed along. The last thing she picked up was a large flower basket ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 08:12:34 AM
As usual, I follow along at a steady pace. Most people hate shopping but I don't mind it at all. All I have to do is walk around pushing a cart. How hard is that?

Course, when she brings back a flower basket, I grow curious as to why we need that. "What's that for?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 08:17:29 AM
"It's for someone very special."

:: Next they were off to the cemetary, and Fiona stepped out of the car and waited for Michele at the gate ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 08:33:51 AM
It took me awhile to figure out where we're going, but I soon realize we're headed to Oak Woods Cemetery. I don't say anything because once again my girlfriend has shocked the hell outta me. I mean, I always come here on holidays and the anniversary of her death, or sometimes when I'm just missing her. Yeah, I still do even at 19 ... Just why did Fiona wanna go there today? One thing that isn't confusing is that after I learned she and Brigid saved me from that Black Spiral, it doesn't surprise me she knew where mom was buried.

So when we pull up, I hang back to collect my thoughts because usually I prepare myself before heading on in. I take my mental five minutes and then open the door. My darling waited patiently for me and I gave her a reassuring smile that I was all right before we went inside.

I lead the way down the cement road until old Rebecca McAthy's headstone came into view on the left. She was my marker before I could memorize the path to see mom. I pat the headstone outta respect since she was my guide for a long time. Heading down the grass, four rows back and to the right would be where mom was laid to rest.

Right away I go to my knees beside the headstone and begin to trace what's engraved on it as my eyes begin to swell.

Amanda Hawkins
Beloved Mother
1970-1993

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 08:37:38 AM
:: Fiona knelt beside Michele, setting the flowers upon the grave and prayed softly in the gaelic tongue as she took Michele's hand ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 12:17:18 PM
I rest my head on her shoulder when she's done praying. "Thanks for bringing me here today."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 12:19:52 PM
:: She kissed Michele on the head ::

"I've had flowers sent here, everyday since I set this place aside for her."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 12:27:34 PM
"Wait. What?!" I sniff and look at her in astonishment. "You? All this time?"

I blink and my mouth hangs open. I honestly don't know what to say. I'm floored. I always thought that someone in my family that wanted to remain anonymous took care of mom!

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2006, 12:32:15 PM
"Aye." she nodded. "I can't say that I knew her, but she deserved a proper resting place."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2006, 12:38:29 PM
I look back at the headstone, having much more appreciation for Fiona then I ever had before. "I think she would've liked you. Alot."