PDA

View Full Version : SWFans wiki

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:24:34 AM
UPDATE please see post #51 (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showpost.php?p=222355&postcount=51)!!

The New and Improved Sw-Fans Wiki (http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page)

http://swfans.pbwiki.com/badge.php (http://swfans.pbwiki.com/)
^^ old wiki
This is a pure SWFans wiki for anything and everything SWFans. When you register for my.pbwiki, please register with a name we'll recognize, i.e. not your real name, and not your email. Use a screen name from SWFans if at all possible.

I am currently working on a single page that is included on the wookieepedia site and hopefully also on the wikipedia site as well. This pbwiki is ours and ours alone and we can put anything we want on it. Participation is key, so if you want certain information put in it, then you'll most likely have to add it yourself.

Content should be directly relating to SWFans and it's members. Try to write from a neutral point of view, and refrain from flaming any other sites or their members - anything like that will be deleted.

Obviously, anything you add should not be copied directly from another site unless you give credit.

Also, please do not change any of the settings on the wiki. Add as much content as you want. :) Please use the comments sections on each page to leave a brief summary of what you changed or added, or anything you'd like to SEE added to the page but you just didn't have time to do it yourself.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:37:02 AM
I can't find the sign up page :huh

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:48:09 AM
https://my.pbwiki.com/ ^_^; that might help. Just register a new account.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:50:53 AM
<strike>Can I have the password? :D</strike>

n/m! ^_^;

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:52:08 AM
PM sent. I am also posting the password in the Group Mods forum, so Moderators can check there and pass it on to their members (in PM or private forums only please!).

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:53:49 AM
Where did you get the info on who founded TSE?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:57:41 AM
Figrin and Champion of the Force.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 3rd, 2006, 06:36:47 AM
They have recipie templates, so if people are interested we could start a second wiki and create a SWF recipie book. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 6th, 2006, 09:24:43 PM
Browse the wiki by :

Characters (http://swfans.pbwiki.com/Characters)
Message Boards (http://swfans.pbwiki.com/Message%20Boards)
Planets (http://swfans.pbwiki.com/Planets)
Species (http://swfans.pbwiki.com/Species)

Or try a random page (http://swfans.pbwiki.com/random.php)...

Atreyu
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:49:50 AM
Made some minor edits and spelling corrections. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:31:42 AM
:D thanks. Feel free to add as much as you'd like about...say... GJO. ;)

Ambrose Braeden
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:24:06 PM
i cant believe you still have the coven there.

Arriana Rezner
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:25:41 PM
They were an important part of the history of some pre-reset characters.

Ambrose Braeden
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:36:05 PM
especially mine:evil

Atreyu
Jul 14th, 2006, 01:32:51 AM
::bump::

Spent the last couple of hours doing some major updating.

I've expanded the History section with more details regarding the original SW vs. Titanic website/board, as well as the split, reuinification and all that.

I also added in info to fill in the Current 'Fans section (since it had been left vacant these last 2 weeks), though I would really, really, really like someone who is actually an active member of the board and was actually present for the events of last year (ie. the reset) to check it over and change/alter/correct/delete anything that needs to be (I honestly made half of it up, especially the reasoning behind the reset).

Lastly, someone went in and added 'Lord Gue' as a founder of TGE. I wasn't sure who did this and whether or not this info was correct, so I diplomatically removed all the names of founders in the Classic 'Fans section for now (Viscera for TGE, and Han and Leia for NR). If someone can verfiy such details and would like to add it back in, feel free.

I also went through and attempted to standardise the use of bold, italic, quote marks " " etc, as they tended to switch and change throughout the page.

Hope all that makes sense. :) I'd encourage everyone to read through and see if there are any spelling errors or other such issues.

One big thing I've noticed is that TSO gets no mention whatsoever. There's also no mention of the groups being hosted on SW-Fans from 2002 onwards as well as TSE leaving shortly afterward. Do we want to add section detailing all this or is it getting to indepth?

EDIT: I've been making changes to the SWFans Wookiepedia page (just realised that there is a difference): http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/SW-Fans.Net

Atreyu
Jul 14th, 2006, 01:38:44 AM
Typical - you spend hours editing, do all your changes ...

... then pick up 50 spelling mistakes when you're done and saved. Grrrr ...

(goes and does more editing)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 14th, 2006, 08:23:54 AM
That's totally awesome! Removing the founder's names seems like a good idea to me. I'll try to assemble my brain cells and work on filling in more RPing history.

The reset info is awesome. :thumbup

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2006, 11:06:29 AM
Does somebody want to add Darth23 to the character list? I was just wondering if we could do anything to give him kind of memorial.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 14th, 2006, 07:05:10 PM
Write one up and I can add it for you. :) I didn't know him really at all, other than seeing him around every once in a while.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2006, 08:09:14 PM
Let me think on it, and see what I can come up with. Although maybe somebody who knew him even better than me like Qui-Gon could, but if he can't I probably could come up with something.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 14th, 2006, 08:26:04 PM
He didn't really RP but I can add a listing of posters who don't RP, like you. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2006, 08:37:32 PM
I thought Darth23 did RP, I thought I read that somewhere.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 14th, 2006, 08:42:29 PM
Well, you ALL did at one point. So maybe there's no need. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 14th, 2006, 09:04:50 PM
I think he rped in the early days, CMJ probably would know more about that. I don't think I rped much back then I think I tried it but that was about it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 15th, 2006, 12:29:47 AM
Wanna try again? ;)

Hey, I gotta ask. :mneh

Atreyu
Jul 16th, 2006, 12:12:47 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Does somebody want to add Darth23 to the character list? I was just wondering if we could do anything to give him kind of memorial.
As far as I'm aware, D23 never rped, or at least didn't rp anymore than simply join the original group sirdizzy first established (with ranks by TPM watchings etc) and left it at that. I know that by the time the GJO was organised in late 1999 he was not even listed on the member list (even posters like Jonathan who didn't even roleplay were still listed at the time, so I think that's pretty significant that D23 was absent).

Personally, I'm not really in favour of listing members unless they contributed something really, really significant to the boards history (eg. Itala founding TSC and starting the roleplaying etc) because otherwise you need to juggle a heap of other board members as well (if poster A is mentioned, why not poster B? etc). If you look through the page you'll notice that other significant members such as jjwr, Darth Turbogeek, Master Yoghurt, Rama Sha, ReaperFett, Darth Ogre etc aren't mentioned either.

My 2 cents. :)

Atreyu
Jul 16th, 2006, 12:18:19 AM
Just another thing - I don't have the password for the public wiki (not too bothered about getting it either - one less password to remember). If everybody is happy with the changes on the Wookiepedia page feel free to copy and transfer over the the other one as well if it taks your fancy. :)

(or not - doesn't worry me :p)

Lamar Starworth
Jul 16th, 2006, 01:37:14 AM
Well I've added a few things. :) At least one me. I'm tired, so blah...time to die on my pillow.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 16th, 2006, 11:33:45 AM
Originally posted by Atreyu
As far as I'm aware, D23 never rped, or at least didn't rp anymore than simply join the original group sirdizzy first established (with ranks by TPM watchings etc) and left it at that. I know that by the time the GJO was organised in late 1999 he was not even listed on the member list (even posters like Jonathan who didn't even roleplay were still listed at the time, so I think that's pretty significant that D23 was absent).

Personally, I'm not really in favour of listing members unless they contributed something really, really significant to the boards history (eg. Itala founding TSC and starting the roleplaying etc) because otherwise you need to juggle a heap of other board members as well (if poster A is mentioned, why not poster B? etc). If you look through the page you'll notice that other significant members such as jjwr, Darth Turbogeek, Master Yoghurt, Rama Sha, ReaperFett, Darth Ogre etc aren't mentioned either.

My 2 cents. :)

It must have been him being added to that board you mentioned I remember. Also Qui-Gon told me the same thing so he was probably like me not really a role player. Still, he did contribute one major thing to the board history he was the one who started the box office contest here back in 2000 I think. I just continued it when he stopped posting. I am not sure though if that warrents a message on the list, unless LD wants to add something like for non roleplayers, but that is up to her.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 16th, 2006, 11:42:57 PM
Atreyu, we're talking about our personal wiki, not the wookieepedia one. I think. That's what this thread was started about, anyway. :)

Atreyu
Jul 17th, 2006, 04:00:22 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Atreyu, we're talking about our personal wiki, not the wookieepedia one. I think. That's what this thread was started about, anyway. :)
I know that now, hence my earlier message. :)

I don't have access to the public one, so I haven't made any changes to it. As a result, it's still using an earlier version compared to the one I've been updating on Wookiepedia.

Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Still, he did contribute one major thing to the board history he was the one who started the box office contest here back in 2000 I think.
I'm not up to scratch with the boxoffice stuff as much as the rping stuff - I haven't even made any mention of it apart from the token reference to it being the original focus of the board and such.

If someone wants to add in a paragraph or 2 about the boxoffice section and its history go for it, but someone else will have to do it. :)

In the mean time, I'd really like to add in extra sections regarding the roleplaying groups that have existed here. i was thinking of dividing it into 'Current' and 'Past' with information about when the group was formed, what it did, and why it ended (if it even did). Apart from GJO/The Jedi Enclave however I'll probably need info from each of the groups involved to make a go of it though.

EDIT: and yes, I'm talking about the Wookiepedia page still (if isn't already obvious by now) :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 17th, 2006, 04:27:49 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu
I know that now, hence my earlier message. :)

I don't have access to the public one, so I haven't made any changes to it. As a result, it's still using an earlier version compared to the one I've been updating on Wookiepedia.

I'm not up to scratch with the boxoffice stuff as much as the rping stuff - I haven't even made any mention of it apart from the token reference to it being the original focus of the board and such.

If someone wants to add in a paragraph or 2 about the boxoffice section and its history go for it, but someone else will have to do it. :)

In the mean time, I'd really like to add in extra sections regarding the roleplaying groups that have existed here. i was thinking of dividing it into 'Current' and 'Past' with information about when the group was formed, what it did, and why it ended (if it even did). Apart from GJO/The Jedi Enclave however I'll probably need info from each of the groups involved to make a go of it though.

EDIT: and yes, I'm talking about the Wookiepedia page still (if isn't already obvious by now) :)

That would probably be up to me and CMJ we have probably been hanging around there the longest.

Atreyu
Jul 20th, 2006, 07:55:57 PM
Another day, another update (or 2) for our Wookiepedia page:

* Added in a sub section titled 'Forum Structure'. All it is is pretty much a listing of all the forums that exist on the board, with a brief description (NOTE: could someone give me a description of Kuklos Ataxia? - I have no idea what the purpose of that RP group is)

* Renamed 'Changes in Roleplaying' to 'Recent Developments', and gave the subsection titles a slight change to reflect this.

* Uploaded an up-to-date screenshot of SWFans as of today (the original must have been taken a fair while ago as it even had forums etc that no longer exist such as the EU forum). Unfortunately I don't have access to the ObiSkin theme, so I had to take a screenshot based upon the SW-Original theme instead. I ended up taking multiple screenshots of the main page (I run at 1024x768) and simply stuck them all together to give a complete screenshot of the entire main page. You can see the full image here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Swfansoriginal.jpg

As always, feel free to make any additions, deltetions or alterations as you see fit. :)

Atreyu
Jul 20th, 2006, 08:22:42 PM
I was in the middle of editing some spelling errors, but when I hit submit it informed me someone had already made some changes. Turns out someone (don't know who - only had an IP address) updated the KA info in the interim. Thanks. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 20th, 2006, 08:23:40 PM
:angel No problem.

Akasha
Jul 26th, 2006, 04:37:28 PM
I love this Wiki....really! Haha..

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 29th, 2006, 12:06:13 AM
I'm so glad you like it! :)

Atreyu, I updated the pbwiki history to match what you have at the wookieepedia site.:)

Karl Valten
Jul 29th, 2006, 12:23:22 PM
ooo. could you PM me the password please.

I like this, good read.:cool

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 29th, 2006, 01:49:24 PM
A small note!

When you register for the pbwiki, please register with a name we'll recognize, i.e. not your real name, and not your email. Use a screen name from SWFans if at all possible.

Also, please don't put your entire real name on your character page, unless you want loonies from google.com, or elsewhere, coming to your door. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:25:57 PM
In other news, SciFi.com started their own wiki, and I'm following Epics' lead once more and putting our information out there.

http://scifipedia.scifi.com/index.php/SW-Fans.Net_Forums

Vega Van-Derveld
Aug 3rd, 2006, 08:34:29 PM
good call :thumbup

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 9th, 2006, 10:35:31 AM
Bumping for people to be able to read this more! There have been many updates to the wiki, but we still need YOUR characters/input on it!

Edit:

I just found out that pbwiki implemented page tags. I've added some tags to some of the pages - this will make it easy to find pages on certain topics. The only downside is that all the pages have to be tagged individually!

See the tagged pages here: http://swfans.pbwiki.com/tags.php?

Alpha
Sep 12th, 2006, 12:56:29 AM
Does someone want to do a blurb about Alpha (pre-reset, since he hasn't done anything yet post)? :) I'm always god awful about those.

Atreyu
Oct 31st, 2006, 05:37:30 AM
:: digs up thread ::

I've done a few minor changes to our Wookieepedia page since the last time this all happened. You can view the page here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/SW-Fans.Net

The changes were primarily sparked due to the 'Great Typo Hunt' which has seen Wookieepedia members searching through thousands of articles for spelling mistakes and the like, as well as (and we were a big culprit here) American English vs. British English spelling (big culprit since I used the latter but Wookieepedia prefers the former). As a result, I reworded a couple sentences here and there.

Plus, reading the whole page again after a couple of months enabled me to identify some areas that could have done with a bit of a tidy up. :)

I also cut out the link to 'Classic SW-Fans', as the link no longer works (I assume this has to do with the board upgrade in Sept). Whilst I was at it, I decided to cut the entire Family Tree section, as it was just a repeat of the links that were found below it, and for anyone to make actual sense of it they would have to read the main article anyway (which also has links).

Also, for the heck of it, i changed the logo for SW-Fans displayed to the one used in the Nual theme, since ... well, I think it looks cooler. :)

Feel free suggest, alter, change etc. anything. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 31st, 2006, 03:24:29 PM
Awesome - I'll copy your changes over to the SCIFIpedia page. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 6th, 2006, 05:29:21 PM
New Additions:

User Pages (http://swfans.pbwiki.com/User%20Pages) (for Contributors to use... pbwiki doesn't keep track of your contributions and create user pages like wikipedia does, but we can make our own) and Roleplay (http://swfans.pbwiki.com/Roleplays) pages - summarize a roleplay and immortalize it in our wiki.

Lamar Starworth
Nov 25th, 2006, 05:10:04 PM
I manage to forget my account. I was wondering if I could get the password again or something so it could be sent back to my e-mail.

Finor Ztnnova
Dec 10th, 2006, 11:27:44 PM
i would like to join the wiki. it sounds and looks great.

Finor Ztnnova
Dec 15th, 2006, 03:18:38 AM
ok, i made a page for finor. I will do a page of Kaast Dulli.
and there is also a page my x-men rpger anatoly antropov.
sorry i signed up using my email address.:o

but it is a nice site. good thinking.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 15th, 2006, 06:26:29 PM
Thanks!

http://swfans.pbwiki.com/Days,%20Holidays,%20Travel%20Times I did some work on this page, its almost all formatted now, except for the Hyperspace Travel Times page. ^_^;

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2007, 08:27:02 PM
The New and Improved Sw-Fans Wiki (http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page)

Enjoy and, if you don't mind, port over your articles from the pbwiki. ;)

Hera
Apr 14th, 2007, 08:48:54 PM
Question:

I registered on the pbwiki and it looks like its carried over to the site you posted LD, is that right? Or is it the same place?

Also, is there a template for the character pages you use so that we are all uniform?

Sorry if these are obvious questions, but I look at the site and help topics etc and feel rather overwhelmed.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 15th, 2007, 07:08:40 AM
You don't need to register an account on the new wiki. So long as you are signed into the forums, you will be signed into the wiki :)

EDIT: http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Character_Bio_Template

There's a template. Please let me know if there is anything about it that doesn't make sense.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 15th, 2007, 10:39:59 AM
Ooh I love the template. :) And it is easily adjusted to fit WoD characters as well.

And, I love the logo! :D

Hera
Apr 15th, 2007, 02:49:20 PM
Thanks Dasq - thats a big help :)

Finor Ztnnova
Apr 15th, 2007, 11:02:04 PM
sorry, i was playing with the bio templet and i think i messed it up. sorry...
i was so excitied about updating that i screwed it up.....

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 15th, 2007, 11:06:21 PM
That's okay. I changed it back to how it's supposed to be ;)

Finor Ztnnova
Apr 15th, 2007, 11:40:06 PM
thanks, sorry. it won't happen again.

Finor Ztnnova
Apr 16th, 2007, 12:23:08 AM
i am having a real hard time uploading photos. help/....

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 16th, 2007, 12:26:11 AM
[[Image:YOUR FILE NAME HERE.jpg]]

Type that, save your article. If you're using the template, just alter the names of the image already in the article. Then click the link that creates and you will be presented with a screen allowing you to upload an image. Make sure that you name the image something unique - preferably with your character name in. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
May 22nd, 2007, 09:17:49 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page Did some mucking around with the front page. :D

Dasquian Belargic
May 23rd, 2007, 06:48:19 AM
I like it! Looks a lot more comprehensive now :)

Keep contributing, everyone!

Jaime Tomahawk
May 23rd, 2007, 07:06:28 AM
No article on frying Pans, Wedgys, or Enemas? For shame!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 23rd, 2007, 07:13:56 AM
Than git to it, boy! You got two hands and ten fingers (at least you did last time I saw you :p ), so start writin'!

Dasquian Belargic
May 23rd, 2007, 07:19:40 AM
Most of us have (selfishly :p) just written articles about our own characters and things that directly affect them.

If you want to be immortalized on the Wiki, you gotta do it yourself :mneh

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 23rd, 2007, 07:22:30 AM
And now you all know why there's nothing about s'Il or my other characters... I'm laaaazy ^_^;

I do have five days off starting tomorrow morning though, so I'll see about remedying that situation during that time.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 23rd, 2007, 07:23:30 AM
Putting the pressure on any one or any group of people to immortalize the whole of the board is too much. This is a hobby for us, after all, not a job. ;) So yes, its up to the individual to add to the wiki, not up to the staff to do it for you. :)

edit: though of course I might spell check and format along after you ;)

Jaime Tomahawk
May 23rd, 2007, 08:18:55 AM
Than git to it, boy! You got two hands and ten fingers (at least you did last time I saw you :p ), so start writin'!

And I can type at 67 WPM too.

75 if I use my nether regions as well.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 23rd, 2007, 08:24:42 AM
Using your naughty bits doesn't count :p

Nayala Palain
May 23rd, 2007, 09:36:38 AM
No kidding....

I may add some things from memory seeing how I have been around a while...

( Even if I dont show my face all that often)

Khendon Sevon
May 27th, 2007, 03:22:37 PM
So, I may have added Imperial Federacy and Khendon Sevon articles ;) Look at them!

Rawr.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 27th, 2007, 05:51:26 PM
:eek *runs to go look*

Mu Satach
May 31st, 2007, 05:35:57 PM
I just added a History section to the Cloud City page that I *think* :uhoh reflects and embelishes a bit on what was discussed prior to the forums creation as to what happened to the City post Endor.

According to what I've read off of Wookiepedia and SW.com's databank the rebels started a coup just prior to the Battle of Endor and were successfull and so were able to publicly rejoice when the Emperor was shafted, so to speak.

For our purposes here with our alternate timeline, I chose to make that coup a stalemate and added some extra bits that I *hope* sets the city up for various shinanigans for everyone.

:hat

Lilaena De'Ville
May 31st, 2007, 07:24:01 PM
Mu, I love the history of Cloud City you added! Terrific info and I think it works nicely with the timeline. Good work!

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 3rd, 2007, 06:52:38 AM
Just incase anyone didn't notice, I updated the 'Focus on Roleyplayers' area for June.

If you would like your character to be focused, please make an article about them. I really don't want to have to focus any of my own characters, so need some other people to contribute :mneh

Mac Ravenwing
Jun 3rd, 2007, 07:57:03 AM
(is LD)

Only update the Focus section of the main page at the beginning of a new month. And if no one else does I am going to pick randomly. :) Thanks Jen for doing it this month!

Itala Marzullo
Jun 5th, 2007, 09:18:26 AM
Is anyone allowed to put info in or just you?

Morgan Evanar
Jun 5th, 2007, 09:41:38 AM
Everyone is welcome to put info in it.

Itala Marzullo
Jun 5th, 2007, 09:43:05 AM
Everyone is welcome to put info in it.

Bwahahahahahaha! :angel

Itala Marzullo
Jun 13th, 2007, 08:25:22 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Itala_Marzullo

That took me SO long.

Tieru Ocarre
Jun 16th, 2007, 04:23:17 PM
Nevermind, I wanted to ge help on something - but I got it to work.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 16th, 2007, 06:12:18 PM
Tieru the image files need to be 40k or less. Most of the ones you uploaded need to be resized.

AmazonBabe
Jun 16th, 2007, 06:14:04 PM
Neat! Everyone's into these wiki things!

I like the way it's been set up! :D

Tieru Ocarre
Jun 17th, 2007, 09:39:54 AM
Tieru the image files need to be 40k or less. Most of the ones you uploaded need to be resized.

I'm not sure if I fixed it, but I tried.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 17th, 2007, 09:53:32 AM
I went ahead and resized and uploaded it again for you. :) As well as the Trow pic and Calder's profile picture, which was 51k.

Tieru Ocarre
Jun 17th, 2007, 10:38:58 AM
Thanks for the help. :) I was confused.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 17th, 2007, 12:07:30 PM
I went ahead and resized and uploaded it again for you. :) As well as the Trow pic

^_^; Woops. Thanks.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 17th, 2007, 09:27:48 PM
:grumble it was really hard and took forever too, Dasq. :shakefist

;)

Lars Marzullo
Jun 19th, 2007, 11:46:21 PM
Added profile for Lars Marzullo.

http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Lars_Marzullo

Damn you Hollie, now you got me hooked on Wiki.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 20th, 2007, 01:29:41 AM
Its what I do. :)

Fieron Marzullo
Jun 20th, 2007, 06:29:16 AM
That's wiki-ed. Absolutely wicked.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 20th, 2007, 08:15:34 AM
Oh the punnage :twak

:p

Fieron Marzullo
Jun 20th, 2007, 02:19:20 PM
Oh the punnage :twak

:p

I know...It's just so damn punny I can't stop laughing.

Ares Marzullo
Jun 20th, 2007, 11:31:52 PM
Added the Ares Marzullo wiki.

http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Ares_Marzullo

Dante Marzullo
Jun 21st, 2007, 02:02:32 AM
Added the Dante wiki.

http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Dante_Marzullo

Gretchen Marzullo
Jun 25th, 2007, 12:04:44 PM
Added the Gretchen wiki.

http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Gretchen_Marzullo

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 25th, 2007, 12:18:51 PM
You don't have to post every page you add ;)

But good work. :D

Itala Marzullo
Jun 25th, 2007, 12:22:26 PM
You don't have to post every page you add ;)

But good work. :D

Yes I do, least every page deserves is a look!

Muuta The Hutt
Jun 25th, 2007, 02:41:17 PM
Added the Muuta wiki.

http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muuta_The_Hutt

Radda Manthys
Jun 25th, 2007, 04:38:43 PM
Added the wiki for Radda Manthys.

http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Radda_Manthys

Damn it, I can't stop!!!!

Chitbatuuk
Jun 25th, 2007, 10:37:23 PM
Added the wiki for Chitbatuuk.

http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Chitbatuuk

Marcus Marzullo
Jun 26th, 2007, 08:58:16 AM
Added the wiki for Marcus Marzullo.

http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Marcus_Marzullo

Tiranna Marzullo
Jun 26th, 2007, 01:01:07 PM
Added the wiki for Tiranna Marzullo.

http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Tiranna_Marzullo

Erik Centter
Jun 26th, 2007, 03:48:55 PM
Added the wiki for Erik Centter.

http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Erik_Centter (http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Erik_Centter#Dante.27s_Revolution)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 30th, 2007, 11:58:47 AM
Just a note: the "New School" category is a sub-category of the RPing groups. Character pages do not belong in it. :)

Itala Marzullo
Jun 30th, 2007, 03:19:00 PM
Just a note: the "New School" category is a sub-category of the RPing groups. Character pages do not belong in it. :)

Oh ok, I thought that included new school characters too.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 1st, 2007, 12:41:07 PM
I finally got the Cathar wiki up. It'll be a bit of a work in progress though, since I'm putting it together in sections.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:00:46 AM
I have updated the Focus Character and Roleplay for this month :)

Itala Marzullo
Jul 6th, 2007, 11:53:08 AM

Cool! Why Dante in particular, though?

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 6th, 2007, 12:27:39 PM
I try to pick characters who have something substantial to read on their page, and who are fairly active at the moment :)

Itala Marzullo
Jul 6th, 2007, 02:06:57 PM
Yeah, I guess we agree on what wiki is the best one, 'cause that's the one I like the most as well.

Hartus Kenobi
Jul 7th, 2007, 08:47:00 PM
My wiki entry HERE (http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Hartus_Kenobi)

Very little for my post-reset info.
Copied the events in a timeline I created long ago for Hart's pre-reset info.
Copied a recent post I made in the RP Planning forum for my OOC info.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 8th, 2007, 02:00:45 PM
Great job. :D

Cassino Marzullo
Jul 23rd, 2007, 04:54:40 AM
Added Cassino Marzullo. http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Cassino_Marzullo

Cool stuff, Hart.

Atreyu
Jan 26th, 2008, 10:36:20 PM
::casts thread necro::

I've done some major updates regarding the Greater Jedi Order and The Sith Empire:

GJO: http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=The_Greater_Jedi_Order
TSE: http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=The_Sith_Empire

If there are any formers members of either of those groups hanging around, would appreciate them having a read and double-checking facts and figures. Especially TSE, as I was never a member of the group and had to really wrack my brains for the info I was able to put in (in particualr the reasons for TSE leaving, I was absent at the time and had to go off past memories of dealings with them when I was admin).

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 27th, 2008, 02:09:04 AM
Looks awesome to me, Atreyu. :D:thumbup

I'm not sure on the TSE info either.

Tri'ahna Zylary
Jan 27th, 2008, 12:37:36 PM
Oh... didn't know there was a thread for this. Well.... I've added the entries for Director Isard, Jekaan Oludh, Qourr Mhawat, Branwen M'Orcant, Delirion/Nya Halcyon, Kvettch, Ugmush and Tri'ahna Zylary, and added info to the ImpIntel and the Black Hand entries.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 27th, 2008, 02:21:30 PM
That's more or less accurate on the TSE stuff :p

I should make a character page for Snacky!

Atreyu
Jan 28th, 2008, 08:40:49 PM
Oh... didn't know there was a thread for this.
It was long buried, but I thought a casting of thread necromancy was better than starting a new one. :) Having threads like this are handy as well since it lets people know of updates to the wiki.

That's more or less accurate on the TSE stuff :p
Yay! :dance

Atreyu
Feb 1st, 2008, 04:45:41 AM
Oh dear. :(

I was going over some random pages and came across some of the 'classic timeline' histories that some people have done for their characters. I was trying to fix them up (ie. covert from HTML link code to wiki link code) only to discover that most of them no longer work (some due tor ye olde 'swforums.net' URL) :\. Pretty much effects all entries under Classic Timeline project:

http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Classic_Timeline_Project

Only Salem Ave and Serna Laran appear to have escaped this but I didn't do a full check of their links.

Any easy way to fix this? Or does it entail manually going off and finding all the threads again? |I

In other news, I also added info for the Gungan Council and the New Jedi Council:

http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=The_Gungan_Council
http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=New_Jedi_Council

You know the drill ... :)

Jekaan Oludh
Feb 1st, 2008, 06:18:22 AM
unno, but I went and had to search for all of my old threads on the Classic board.... didn't think there was any other way anyway.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 1st, 2008, 06:08:41 PM

I was going over some random pages and came across some of the 'classic timeline' histories that some people have done for their characters. I was trying to fix them up (ie. covert from HTML link code to wiki link code) only to discover that most of them no longer work (some due tor ye olde 'swforums.net' URL) :\. Pretty much effects all entries under Classic Timeline project:

Only Salem Ave and Serna Laran appear to have escaped this but I didn't do a full check of their links.

Any easy way to fix this? Or does it entail manually going off and finding all the threads again? |I

In other news, I also added info for the Gungan Council and the New Jedi Council:

There is no easy way to fix this, unfortunately. I need to manually look up all the thread titles on the Classic board, and I just haven't done it yet. :p Some of them may not even exist anymore as they might have been done on one of the old group ezboards that have since been deleted (and the threads never got ported over). Oy vey!

So yeah, I just sort of pasted in what I had already typed up, and haven't gotten any further yet. :p Thanks for making some of it look pretty though! :D

TheHolo.Net
Feb 1st, 2008, 11:29:30 PM

There is no easy way to fix this, unfortunately. I need to manually look up all the thread titles on the Classic board, and I just haven't done it yet. :p Some of them may not even exist anymore as they might have been done on one of the old group ezboards that have since been deleted (and the threads never got ported over). Oy vey!

So yeah, I just sort of pasted in what I had already typed up, and haven't gotten any further yet. :p Thanks for making some of it look pretty though! :DThe thread ID numbers will not have changed, just replace 'swforums.net' with 'sw-fans.net/archive' in all of the URLs that are for ClassicFans.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 2nd, 2008, 03:47:41 AM
Actually I think the ID numbers did all change. With the upgrade everything got re-numbered. IIRC.

Atreyu
Feb 4th, 2008, 01:50:56 AM
I think they did change as well, as I originally tried just changing that part of the URL but then they were going to the wrong threads. :\

TheHolo.Net
Feb 4th, 2008, 03:37:34 AM
I checked about half a dozen links, all worked fine. I know for a fact that no thread IDs on the Classic board were changed. Here are some examples from an affected page:

From: <a href=http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Arya_Ravenwing_Classic_Timeline>Arya RavenWing Classic Timeline</a>

------------------------------------------
Prologue
Original Wiki link:
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8565

Updated Wiki Link: (via the instructions previously posted)
http://www.sw-fans.net/archive/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8565

ThreadID 8565 unchanged
Fear's Womb: Innocent Death
Original Wiki link:
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7819

http://www.sw-fans.net/archive/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7819

ThreadID 7819 unchanged
Sick Cycle Carousel
Original Wiki link:
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7400

http://www.sw-fans.net/archive/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7400

ThreadID 7400 unchanged
The Only One
Original Wiki link:
http://pub56.ezboard.com/fgjofrm2.showMessage?topicID=1249.topic

Updated Wiki Link:
Original is an ezboard link, this does not apply.
Blob Racing
Original Wiki link:
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10754

http://www.sw-fans.net/archive/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10754

ThreadID 10754 unchanged
Highest Bidder
Original Wiki link:
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10642

http://www.sw-fans.net/archive/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10642

ThreadID 10642 unchanged
Dark Fury 13: The Cold and Broken Hallelujah
Original Wiki link:
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11423

http://www.sw-fans.net/archive/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11423

ThreadID 11423 unchanged

As I said, no thread IDs changed on the Classic board. The board was just closed and labeled as an archive, threads/posts were not modified in any way.

Atreyu
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:54:35 AM
When I changed one the other day it went to a compeletely different thread ::shrugs:: oh well it would appear most work fine. Thanks for the clarification Ogre. :)

EDIT: after re-reading the last few posts again I think I may have missed the '/archive' part of the URL. Possibly. :p Anyway thanks again. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 29th, 2008, 12:31:28 PM
I have wiki-ed and now my eyes are trying to fall out of my head. >_<

In other news I put holder pages in place for a few characters that needed them - Gav Mortis, Pierce Tondry and Sanis Prent. There is very little actual content on these pages.

I also overhauled Lilaena's page, Blind Molly's page, Thaddeus Post's page, Sansa's page, and Arya Ravenwing's page.

I did some (perhaps useless) work in the Character Templates category, creating new bio sheets for people to use, as referenced by my overhauled pages. I think they're pretty. Thanks to Morgan Faith for the original templates which I altered slightly.

I plan on creating more WoD user information templates, for the different species. I could use a list of specialized info needed in the infoboxes for the different ones: Immortals, Garou, Changing Breeds, Ghouls, Demons, Mages..? The only one I have completed is Vampire.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 3rd, 2008, 04:29:03 AM
Okay, did some changes on the main page - not sure how well they work, so let me know if they're terrible! Also poked the Classic 'Fans Timeline project... what a beast that thing is. :p

Put most of the WoD Immortals into the wiki with their information from the WoD Database forum. Had to work with what I had available, so the Immortals are encouraged to work on their pages. Should be fairly easy now that they're started. :p

I should probably be kept away from the computer when I go into my 'nesting' phase in a few weeks (unless I'm in it already! :uhoh)- if I'm going to have irrational 'cleaning and fixing' energy I want to direct it at my house, not the wiki! :p

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 3rd, 2008, 05:14:30 AM
Very nice work, especially on the front page. Looks slick :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 3rd, 2008, 03:14:29 PM
I think I'm going to tweak the General Roleplaying section on the main page again - I had an idea that might work better and be more even. :idea

Aurelias Kazaar
Mar 3rd, 2008, 03:35:19 PM
That tweaking looks pretty good. Nice work LD. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 3rd, 2008, 03:47:38 PM
Thankee kindly :)

Tri'ahna Zylary
Mar 3rd, 2008, 04:07:41 PM
I added an entry for Nar Shaddaa...

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 10th, 2008, 02:42:31 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Star_Wars_Planets

I added pages for all the planets that were in the "wanted articles" list. They are only placeholder pages - they need content added to them, which anyone can do. :)

Keep in mind most are canon planets, some are invented by our members.

Kvettch
Mar 10th, 2008, 03:23:53 PM
.... and that those that are canon planets need to have the history cut down to the time until Endor.

Actually - would it be possible to have a nicer infobox for planets? You know, something like the other infoboxes?

Gharhda the Hutt
Mar 10th, 2008, 06:20:16 PM
One question...

What in the heck is Vortex in the planets page?!

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 10th, 2008, 07:03:34 PM
Vortex is the current home of the Jedi Enclave.

See: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vortex

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 10th, 2008, 08:29:31 PM
Yes its possible, I just have to make one. :)

edit:
http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Endor Example of Lunar Datasheet
http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Alderaan Example of Planetary Datasheet

Qourr Mhawat
Mar 11th, 2008, 01:56:13 AM
Ohhhhhhh... now I have something to play with today.....! *goes to edit planets*

Qourr Mhawat
Mar 11th, 2008, 06:39:20 AM
Okay, the following planets have been edited (with content from EU canon):

http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Bakura
http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Alderaan
http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Nal_Hutta
http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Nar_Shaddaa
http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Bespin
http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Corellia

If anyone wants to add some SWFans "Canon" to it, go ahead, I just didn't know all that much about that.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 11th, 2008, 09:16:01 AM
Looks AWESOME!!!!

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 13th, 2008, 02:25:54 PM
Put up new Focus Character/Roleplay for March. Maybe we can actually do these once a month! :p

Tri'ahna Zylary
Mar 13th, 2008, 03:02:10 PM
O_o

How did I end up in there!?!

*goes to work over her wiki page*

Kvettch
Mar 17th, 2008, 05:39:08 AM
There is a new Template for Pirate characters now...

http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Template:Bio_Sheet_Pirates

Mu Satach
Mar 17th, 2008, 05:34:42 PM
Do you all mind if I modify the history of Bespin to fit the SW-fans timeline?

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 17th, 2008, 05:49:03 PM
Go for it :)

Tri'ahna Zylary
Mar 18th, 2008, 01:58:44 AM
Over the next few days I'll be putting up the other planets, using Canon info. Someone else has to modify them for our timeline because I still don't know an awful lot about our history.

Usually I just put in the history up to the point of the Battle of Endor, making sure to delete any parts of any of the other topics of a planet that have anything to do with events after the BE.

I created a Species template, btw, and edited the Cizerack page with it:

http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Cizerack

Also made
http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Kubaz
http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Defel

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 18th, 2008, 04:20:09 PM
Ahhh I love the species pages, those are awesome! :D :glomp

Kvettch
Mar 18th, 2008, 04:43:15 PM
:) There shall be more.... I have 8 hours to waste every day while boss is out vacationing.... not my fault he forgot to give me anything to do before he left.... ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 18th, 2008, 04:50:57 PM
:D

http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Hyperspaze_and_the_Jump_Lanes messed about in the Classic Timeline page until my head exploded and then made this preliminary page for Hyperspaze and the Jump Lanes. :)

Kvettch
Mar 18th, 2008, 04:56:22 PM
I think I'm going to make added entries on the planet pages with a small "who is who" - starting with Coruscant since I already have some of the citizens of that planet.

It makes it easier to plan things, in case one needs a specific kind of character on a specific planet.

Whatcha think?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 18th, 2008, 04:58:05 PM
Sounds good to me :) Bespin, Nar Shaddaa and Coruscant will probably be the ones that need it the most.

Kvettch
Mar 18th, 2008, 04:59:56 PM
Yup.

Oh and do we have any corporations and companies anyone owns or is a member of?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 18th, 2008, 05:15:50 PM
Reeouurra Consolidated (Coruscant) - Sassy's company that owns and operates her casinos.

Mu Satach
Mar 18th, 2008, 05:51:22 PM
I added/edited info into Bespin's page.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 18th, 2008, 06:28:12 PM
I like what you added for the Jump Lanes, LD! I editted the page to include the band members and the latest album ;)

Kvettch
Mar 18th, 2008, 06:39:38 PM
Okay the Coruscant entry has been edited to have a list of the people who are based on the planet (taken from the posts in the Coruscant rolecall thread and some obvious ones). If anyone else needs to be mentioned either edit the wiki directly or post in the rolecall and I'll add it....

Dasquian Belargic
May 28th, 2008, 06:08:34 AM
Bump. Just updated the front page with a new Focus Character and Focus Roleplay :)

Kvettch
May 28th, 2008, 11:51:22 AM
O_o

*blushes*

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 13th, 2008, 07:18:30 AM
New Focus Character and Roleplay for June, up now :)

I also made some changes to the layout of the frontpage.

Yeart Quenn
Jun 13th, 2008, 08:35:53 AM
Looks good :) Very good choice, too, what with recent events...

One thing tho - if you click on Miranda's name, it brings you back to her wiki entry which is completely empty except for the Infobox!

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 13th, 2008, 08:41:48 AM
Yes... unfortunately I can't account for other people not making wiki entries about their characters :mneh

I also added a link, on the main page, to the past Focus Characters. Still tweaking.

Kelly Perris
Jun 13th, 2008, 12:25:13 PM
Hey, don't look at me!... I'm working at at least getting an actual page up and the right-hand side profile for some of my characters. I'll get in all the nitty-gritty details when I feel like it. Maybe a shower would help....*taps chin*

Carlos Calaveras
Jun 13th, 2008, 02:06:10 PM
Hooray for more articles :)

Kelly Perris
Jun 13th, 2008, 02:18:01 PM
Oh yeah, updated the Rogue Squadron section of the Rebel Alliance page. :) Might create a separate page altogether for them, if I un-lazy enough, and just replace the stuff in the Alliance page with a link to it. I'll think about it.

Jaden Luka
Jun 13th, 2008, 03:09:33 PM
Oooh, sexy-awesomeness. :)

Just a thought though: down at the bottom on the left, there is a Planet template and a Species template. There are also some really good planet articles out there that I've been reading, but there's no link to those from the front page. Any chance you could sneak a link to the "Star Wars Planets" category on the front page somewhere?

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 13th, 2008, 03:42:27 PM
I thought they were in there. Fixed.

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 13th, 2008, 03:58:31 PM
Looks good :) Very good choice, too, what with recent events...

One thing tho - if you click on Miranda's name, it brings you back to her wiki entry which is completely empty except for the Infobox!

LIES! There is something there :mischief

Sanya Tagge
Jun 13th, 2008, 04:07:25 PM
Hey, look at that... we have matching smexy wiki pages :cool

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 13th, 2008, 04:10:02 PM
Hey, look at that... we have matching smexy wiki pages :cool

such a stalker :p

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 14th, 2008, 09:09:20 AM
Finished Miranda and added Lianna's wiki (still needs some more tweaking)

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 16th, 2009, 02:21:42 AM
Bump.

Added new Focus Characters and Roleplays, as per nomination by Aurelias Kazaar :)

As a side note, people feel free to post nominations here or PM them to me for next month.

Nya Halcyon
Feb 16th, 2009, 07:35:22 AM
Good choice :)

Btw, I created a Bounty Hunters' Guild page. It's not got all the details on it yet but we're still working on those.

I also added a template for Organisations.

Sorsha Kasajian
Feb 16th, 2009, 01:22:52 PM
one of these days, I'll get wiki pages done for my chars

one day =/

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 18th, 2009, 04:39:51 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Unusedimages&limit=500&offset=0

There are like 71 unused files uploaded to the wiki - please go through these and if you want to use them in a page, do so. I'll be going through and deleting all the unused files in a few days.

You have been... warned. ;)

Atreyu
Feb 19th, 2009, 06:19:23 PM
You can delete the 2 files by Thall/Atreyu - I'd do it myself but for the life of me I can't figure out HOW to. :\

Darven
Mar 1st, 2009, 05:55:21 PM
Heh... I just created a wiki page for Moff Quenn: http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Yeart_Quenn

It's a true sign of what one can do when bored and the infobox seems a bit too empty and boring, too.... :lol

Ya kill'em all!!!!!

Rossos Atrapes
Mar 1st, 2009, 08:32:30 PM
I extended the wiki page for Rossos (http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Rossos_Atrapes). If there's any stepping on toes, or details that people want me to iron out, please tell me. :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 1st, 2009, 08:44:54 PM
I added the Lupine language to the Lupine wiki.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 5th, 2009, 05:47:00 PM
>_> I started adding in sectors and regions and systems and planets and...
and..

and...

And I couldn't stop! help help!

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 5th, 2009, 05:47:30 PM
^ binge wiki-er ohhhh the shame

Kelly Perris
Mar 5th, 2009, 05:49:35 PM
I have... so much wiki to do. -hides-

Taman Danar
Mar 5th, 2009, 06:02:51 PM
Yeah you really couldn't stop! Wow!

I meant to add some more planets and add the history of the Mandalorians as I am rewriting it for swfans, but I keep getting side-tracked by stuff.

There's a category called Old Republic Era now - in case anyone has any characters from the Shadows RPs, add that category to them so they'll all show up there. I'll redo the category page at some point, to include a history of the era with our chars in it.