PDA

View Full Version : Most Annoying Film Character of All Time

JMK
Jun 23rd, 2006, 07:31:47 AM
No surprise here....Jar Jar Binks...most irritating character ever put on film.

http://imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-06-20/

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace alien Jar Jar Binks has been voted the most annoying film character of all time. In a poll of 5,000 movie fans by UK website LoveFilm.com, the computer generated Binks beat out competition from Andie MacDowell's character, Carrie, in Four Weddings And A Funeral. Third most irritating is Rowan Atkinson's Bean, followed in fourth place by Jim Carrey's Ace Ventura: Pet Detective character. In fifth place is Ben Stiller's White Goodman in Dodgeball.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 23rd, 2006, 07:57:08 PM
I wasn't really surprised to hear that. I haven't seen Four Weddings, why is Carrie so annoying? The others I understand.

jediSamson
Jun 24th, 2006, 12:06:34 AM
:rolleyes not even worth giving my 2 cents ;)

General Dan
Jun 25th, 2006, 09:14:38 PM
Oh come on, Mr Bean? How can he be that annoying, he rarely even speaks?

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 25th, 2006, 09:15:28 PM
Well with Mr Bean it is the fact I think they have overplayed the character at least that would be my guess. People over there in the U.K are just sick of him.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 26th, 2006, 01:15:11 AM
This is a UK poll, anyway.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 26th, 2006, 04:06:51 AM
The only reason Mr. Bean irritates me is because Rowan Atkinson is investing his time making another movie about him instead of making another series of Black Adder. Anyway, that aside, none of those characters in that top 5 really irritate me. The entire film of Four Weddings, in itself, does, though.

Jedieb
Jun 26th, 2006, 05:08:54 PM
Must be a Brit thing because McDowell was great in 4 Weddings and a Funeral. But Jar Jar's shame is universal, he brings scorn from all over the world.

Droo
Jun 26th, 2006, 07:46:27 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
The only reason Mr. Bean irritates me is because Rowan Atkinson is investing his time making another movie about him instead of making another series of Black Adder.

Oh, I could not agree more with this.

jediSamson
Jun 26th, 2006, 08:12:05 PM
You know its a shame the bad rap that Jar-jar gets. In my nearly 2,000 Phantom Menace viewings, I truly realize how much he brings to the movie and the series.

Darth McBain
Jun 26th, 2006, 10:41:27 PM
Originally posted by jediSamson
You know its a shame the bad rap that Jar-jar gets. In my nearly 2,000 Phantom Menace viewings, I truly realize how much he brings to the movie and the series.

Uh, you realize that to have watched it 2,000 times you'd have to have watched it nearly every single day since it was released... :)

Personally I don't have a major issue with him - yeah, he's pretty annoying, but I think way too much was made out of him by disappointed fan-boys and critics that were all-too-eager to take potshots at Star Wars, such that he was built up into the epitome of 'annoying'...

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 27th, 2006, 01:11:57 AM
Buff has reached past the physical plane with his nearly 2,000 viewings of the Phantom Menace, and is truely enlightened. He has reached what the experts call 'Episode One Nirvana.'

;)

Darth McBain
Jun 27th, 2006, 09:01:43 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Buff has reached past the physical plane with his nearly 2,000 viewings of the Phantom Menace, and is truely enlightened. He has reached what the experts call 'Episode One Nirvana.'

;)

:lol LOL!!!

jediSamson
Jun 27th, 2006, 12:02:20 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville

;) :lol :lol :D

now guys must keep in mind what I have always(said) considered a viewing. A viewing (to me) is it being played in my presence and watching atleast 10% or so of the movie and hearing it as well. Keep in mind that I had worked for myself those couple of years and TPM played constantly in the background and always for couple of years took it to the gym with me and falling to sleep with in playing, it all adds up rather quickly. Not to mention the 50 viewings at the theater and that I got bootleg long before the actual realease. etc.... I had actually planned to have 2,000 viewings awhile back, but being in Balis and the philo's kind of put a damper on it :( but it was worth it :rollin but i'll get there soon. :smokin

Darth McBain
Jun 28th, 2006, 07:42:27 AM
Keep proof of these viewings and then call Guinness... And after they've listed you with the record (sheesh, I hope 2000 viewings is the record!!!) then pop open a Guinness and celebrate... :)

Ryan Pode
Jun 28th, 2006, 11:40:43 AM
Gilbert Godfey... oh, you meant character.