PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 17th, 2006, 09:25:24 PM
I know it is early but I figure I start a thread on this to get ideas out about the league. One thing I know I need to limit the bench because that was terrible idea on my part last time. What number should I put at ? Any other suggestions and I am willing to listen to them.

Ryan Pode
Jun 17th, 2006, 10:12:05 PM
But now how can I brag about drafting Stephen Davis in the 25th round?!?!

League format was overall pretty good. Live draft was great. I'd cap the bench between 12 and 15 rounds.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jun 17th, 2006, 10:34:10 PM
Yay! I'm in. And that's a good bench size, I'd say.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 17th, 2006, 11:37:00 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Pode
But now how can I brag about drafting Stephen Davis in the 25th round?!?!

League format was overall pretty good. Live draft was great. I'd cap the bench between 12 and 15 rounds.

I think the rules were fine. Have to just lower the bench like you say.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 17th, 2006, 11:57:54 PM
I went ahead and set it up here is the information
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/85490
League ID: 85490
password vader12

I set the Draft for August 11 at 6:15 for right now but I might change that, depending on what everybody thinks.

I am going to sticky this so we don't lose it between now and the draft.

jjwr
Jun 18th, 2006, 02:15:50 PM
If we are doing team defenses like in the past then the Bench should definetly be smaller, there aren't that many live positions. You should have enough bench for one solid backup at each spot and then a few floaters.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 18th, 2006, 02:57:47 PM
I went with the default which is 6, I think last year we had 15 for the bench. I could go with less if you think we should.

Ryan Pode
Jun 18th, 2006, 09:38:02 PM
I think the bench should be between 8-10. I also think the draft should be September 2nd. It's the Sunday before the season and there is no game that day. It's also a Sunday so more people are off.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 18th, 2006, 09:48:07 PM
I don't like cutting it that close as for the draft. Fridays is really the best day for me, but I could do it other days if I have notice. As for bench, I like more people to weight in on that before I make any decision.

sirdizzy
Jun 19th, 2006, 01:13:36 PM
bench was a monstrosity last year, and it killed any free agency movings what so ever

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 19th, 2006, 09:16:56 PM
Well its at 6 right now, so that won't be a problem this year if we keep it there. Also I am willing to put the draft time up for a vote. I picked Friday mainly because we have done it the last two years on Friday, but if you guys prefer to do it on Sunday or someother day let me know.

sirdizzy
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:17:13 AM
i vote for sunday, i have to work every friday night

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 20th, 2006, 10:31:23 AM
Have to agree on which sunday, I would say do it in August here on the sundays in August. I would like every league member to vote on this 6, 13, 20,27. I personally would favor either the 13th or 20th, but I could work with the other two. I will hold on my vote until more people pick a date. Also we need to make sure we have an even amount of members if we continue with head to head scoring. Can't do odd members at all. If we get to that point, I can try to talk somebody into playing, I think though.

sirdizzy
Jun 20th, 2006, 12:05:33 PM
i'll go with the 13th, the 20th is my fiancess birthday and the 27th is mine

Nathanial K'cansce
Jun 21st, 2006, 11:05:04 AM
13th works for me, as of now. So long as it's after 4 pm, EST, if my current work schedule stays the same for the entire summer.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 21st, 2006, 11:24:20 AM
After 4 will be fine with me maybe 5 or 6. We will see about that though once we get more people to join up. Right now we have 4 members and Yog hasn't voted yet. I figure Jedieb, jjwr and Fig will all sign up. There might be a few more too, but I am not sure who else off hand.

Ryan Pode
Jun 21st, 2006, 03:02:27 PM
Personally, I'd like 20th or 27th, ya know, to see how people play in preseason games.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 21st, 2006, 08:58:26 PM
Well nothing is set yet, I want to see what the other owners want to do.

Yog
Jun 25th, 2006, 01:41:51 PM
Personally, I'd like 20th or 27th, ya know, to see how people play in preseason games.

Agreed.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 25th, 2006, 02:04:20 PM
Its 2-2 right now then, but we will have to wait a while to decided it. I figure it will be mid July before most of the others join.

sirdizzy
Jun 25th, 2006, 02:42:20 PM
why should you be allowed to see how they play in the preseason, no coach in the entire nfl gets that, no coach anywhere

drafting early adds in that element of surprise, that element of skill, that element of upset

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 25th, 2006, 03:05:47 PM
Originally posted by sirdizzy
why should you be allowed to see how they play in the preseason, no coach in the entire nfl gets that, no coach anywhere

drafting early adds in that element of surprise, that element of skill, that element of upset

PreSeason doesn't matter really. The starters hardly play and you can't tell nothing from how they do. I have seen guys play terrible in preaseason but great in the regular. The only thing useful might be an injury like Michael Vick a few years ago. But the way it is set up with the lesser number bench players you can probably find a replacement on the FA list. So I would keep that in mind. I am more interested if you can show up, more than Preseason.

sirdizzy
Jun 26th, 2006, 12:54:05 AM
if its the 20th or the 27th I won't be there most likely, like i said my fiancees birthday is the 20th and mines the 27th, although we did do a live draft on my birthday once and I did show up so who knows

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 26th, 2006, 06:54:45 PM
here is the info again for those who haven't joined yet.
password vader12

I set the Draft for August 11 at 6:15 for right now but I might change that, depending on what everybody thinks.

I am going to sticky this so we don't lose it between now and the draft.

Ryan Pode
Jun 27th, 2006, 12:08:55 PM
I'd like see which AFC North rookies get arrested before I make my draft. Funny though, so many rookies getting arrested this year in my precious AFC North. None from the Ravens tho. Good thing they picked the kid whose 23 years old and lost both his parents to tragic accidents so he's matured.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 27th, 2006, 12:22:04 PM
LOL I found that funny. We got some time to decide. I want to hear jjwr, Jedieb and Fig's opinions though since I know the three of them will join for certain. Who else joined last year? I know JMK, CMJ and Mu all joined, but I have no idea if any of them will this year. I think after the 4th I am going to find out who is going to join and then come to some kind of decision about the draft.

Ryan Pode
Jun 27th, 2006, 02:21:43 PM
We could always post a thread linking to this one in the general forum.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 27th, 2006, 04:09:14 PM
Yeah we could I don't think that would hurt, I might do that after the 4th. I think it might be too early to do that yet.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 10th, 2006, 08:51:01 PM
Update
here is the info again for those who haven't joined yet.
password vader12

Who else is interested? I think I will follow Ryan's advise and post a thread in general discussion. But I might wait a little longer to do that. I don't want to sticky two threads in two different forums.

Jedieb
Jul 11th, 2006, 12:16:50 PM
Fools, soon I will add this championship to last year's Pick'em title. All bow before YODAOWNSYOU!!!!!!!!! :shootin

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 11th, 2006, 04:12:18 PM
Welcome aboard Jedieb :)

Yog
Jul 12th, 2006, 01:42:20 AM
Originally posted by Jedieb
Fools, soon I will add this championship to last year's Pick'em title. All bow before YODAOWNSYOU!!!!!!!!! :shootin

Dream on! :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 12th, 2006, 09:19:35 PM
hey Ryan why haven't you joined yet? I am guessing the reason why people haven't joined is because it is so early, which I can understand.

jjwr
Jul 13th, 2006, 07:00:56 AM
I'm in! Sorry for the delay.

Personally I would like the draft to be later in the pre-season. With such small rosters there isn't much margin for error and it would be nice to have a clearer idea of rosters, depth charts, etc.

Ryan Pode
Jul 13th, 2006, 09:32:18 AM
Jeez, so eager to have me pwn you all. I'm not sure how much I like the next layout though, they are trying to shove information down your throat.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 13th, 2006, 10:09:47 AM
Jeez, so eager to have me pwn you all. I'm not sure how much I like the next layout though, they are trying to shove information down your throat.

Heh well I was just wondering why you hadn't joined :p We have 7 owners right now. I figure Figrin will join, but other that I don't know. I might post a thread in General discussion in another week to promote. As for the Draft, I know people are pushing for later in August, so would the 27th work for everone? I know its Dizzy's birthday. We could also do a day different than Sunday though.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 21st, 2006, 12:17:41 PM
Since the votes were leaning towards August 27th, I changed the draft to that day to 5:30 EST. If the time is a issue let me know. I probably could even change the date again. Also we need more members. We have 7, I would like 10, but we need an even number regardless of what happens if we want to keep head to head scoring.

Yog
Jul 21st, 2006, 12:29:01 PM
Definitely keep head to head scoring. 8 or 10 teams is cool with me.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 21st, 2006, 12:43:53 PM
We had 12 last year, and I am trying to think who we are missing from that group.
Figrin D'in
JMK
CMJ and
MU is all I can remember, I have no clue who the fifth person was. Might have been somebody that doesn't post in box office much.

Yog
Jul 21st, 2006, 12:55:28 PM
That might have been Gue, he signed up for our league for a couple seasons even though he was banned.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 21st, 2006, 01:02:25 PM
Oh okay, it might have been him. I had no idea who was and nobody ever took credit for his team. So, we don't know about him, and Mu hasn't been on the board in a long time, and last time she came in at the last moment. I still think Fig will join, I don't know about JMK. CMJ was pushed into it by Jedieb last year.

Yog
Jul 21st, 2006, 01:13:39 PM
I think it would be great to limit this to active managers who know a bit about football (haha, if I can be counted as such). Of course if someone who never done this before WANTS to play, I am cool with that too :)

I sent Figrin a PM about this the other day, not sure if he is busy or what, but no reply yet. He plays a lot of WoW these days, and I assume he is busy with real life and work. You could try sending him a message as well.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 21st, 2006, 04:40:33 PM
I sent him one last week, he might join when we get closer. I have bad news about JMK he won't be joining and I understand in his case. We just need 8, if worse comes to worse I will just post a thread in General discussions 2 weeks before the draft.

Ryan Pode
Jul 21st, 2006, 07:32:39 PM
I could always throw a thread out at TRF. I did that last year and it nabbed one or two more people to even things out a bit.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 21st, 2006, 08:16:06 PM
Sure go right ahead and link it to here.

sirdizzy
Jul 24th, 2006, 04:48:07 PM
hey nothing wrong with the bannees the year i was won the swfans.net fantasy football championship I was banned

maybe we should ban me again for a couple of days for good luck

and I might not make the draft if its on the 27th, we were thinking of going to vegas for my birthday, my wife said she'd buy me a lap dance (how sweet huh). Plus I married younger and she turns 21 on the 20th so this will be her first adult visit to sin city.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 24th, 2006, 09:01:45 PM
heh well if he joined I wouldn't stop him. As for the draft, yeah sorry about that, everybody was like 27th, except for you. It be a shame if you can't, but I understand, I am sure you would enjoy Las Vegas more :)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 2nd, 2006, 01:11:04 PM
So we still need one more member. I am still hoping Fig joins. If all else fails I have a friend I could ask to join. Anybody have any other suggeestions? I suppose I could ask Mu.

Ryan Pode
Aug 2nd, 2006, 01:40:16 PM
General Discussion.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 2nd, 2006, 01:53:37 PM
Well Mu just joined, so we have 8 for sure :)

Ryan Pode
Aug 2nd, 2006, 02:42:16 PM
So... few.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 2nd, 2006, 03:12:09 PM
Well 8 was the mininium that I wanted. I am going to wait to see if Fig joins. If he does than I will invite my friend and we will have 10. I don't think we need more than that. We had 12 last year.

Mu Satach
Aug 2nd, 2006, 04:21:07 PM
Plus I married younger and she turns 21 on the 20th...

Craddle robber! ;)

sirdizzy
Aug 10th, 2006, 12:13:23 PM
well my first draft is in the books and I was surprised by some of the fallouts, like I picked up Domnick Rhodes (indy's new starting back) in the 8th round and I got LaDainian Tomlinson and Julius Jones to go with him. I picked up Mike Bell in the 13th round when the pickings were pretty slim and I was willing to take a gamble on him rather than pick up a #3 reciever vieing for a few catchers here and there. Little worried about my recievers as I did get Moss and hopefully he will bounce back but after that its Javon Walker, Drew Bennett (who did nothing but screw me last year), and my only solid reciever in Plaxico Burress. Got Brees and Plummer for QB, miami and NE for defenses.

I was the first to work the waiver wire after the draft too, I dropped my extra kicker and picked up ashlie lelie not because of a broncos fantatcism because he will never catch a pass as a bronco again but because the Bears a team devoid of any big recievers is trying to work a trade for him

Lelie is useless as a bronco but would be a nice pick up as a bear, if the trade falls through I can always cut him and pick my kicker back up

Figrin D'an
Aug 11th, 2006, 04:59:38 PM
Been rather busy, as you all probably suspected. If there is room yet, I wouldn't mind joining the league again this year. If not, it's not a big deal.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 11th, 2006, 05:12:45 PM
Hi, I completely understand being busy. We can make room, I have a way to get another player in, so go ahead and join. I have a plan B if that fails so I can get a 10th player without a problem.

Yog
Aug 12th, 2006, 07:58:46 AM
Excellent, were ready to go. Welcome Figrin :)

well my first draft is in the books and I was surprised by some of the fallouts

I also had a couple drafts and one comming up on sunday. In total I am signed up for 4 free yahoo leagues and one fantasy plus. So far I have drafted in a 12 team and a 20 team league.

20 man league (w/ defensive players)
1QB, 2WR, 1RB, 1TE, 1W/T, 1W/R, 1K, 1DEF, 2D, 2DB, 2DL, 8BN
QB: B. Favre, C. Simms
RB: T. Barber (first round pick), W. McGahee, C. Brown
WR: Ro. Williams, E. Kennison, A. Toomer, J. McCareins, B. Engram (value pick!)
TE: B. Franks (ugh, better trade him)
K: M. Nugent
DEF: Buffalo, San Diego

As you can see, my drafting strategy focused heavily on picking offensive players. I figure they score more points and are good trade bait. Im not even going to embarass myself posting the defensive players, they suck..

In the second draft, I mistook the date, and it drafted on auto. It still went ok though, I think..

12 man league
1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1W/R, 1K, 1DEF, 7BEN
QB: K. Warner, B. Johnson
WR: T. Holt, A. Boldin, T. Houshmandzadeh, T. Glenn
RB: E. James, D. McAllister, L. Maroney, D. Rhodes
TE: J. Shockey, B. Troupe
K: J. Feely, J. Hanson
DEF: Denver, Detroit

What do you think of my teams?

Ryan Pode
Aug 12th, 2006, 11:48:49 AM
You have bad QB situation with Warner and Johnson. No youth.

1. (10) S. Jackson RB
2. (11) M. Harrison WR
3. (30) K. Jones RB
4. (31) Sa. Moss WR
5. (50) J. Delhomme QB
6. (51) C. Taylor RB
7. (70) L. Smith TE
8. (71) Baltimore DEF
9. (90) V. Davis TE
10. (91) C. Simms QB
11. (110) Atlanta DEF
12. (111) K. Curtis WR
13. (130) J. Jurevicius WR
14. (131) D. Williams RB
15. (150) D. Brees QB

That was from my 10 team-15 round league this morning. I need to trade for a WR.

sirdizzy
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:16:02 PM
Brees went in round 15, I think he a more valuable pick that Simms who you took in round 10. You are very light at WR your right but you could aslo use a RB. Taking a defense before your QB thats sticking your neck out and don't you need a kicker.

sirdizzy
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:16:57 PM
I picked 2nd and Alexander went first, I took LT over Larry Johnson who I believe is going to get hurt and be out my midseason.

Ryan Pode
Aug 12th, 2006, 12:44:36 PM
I nabbed Delhomme in the fifth and I think I am set at RB. Jackson, Jones, and Taylor are all starters with Williams being one Deshaun Foster carry away.

sirdizzy
Aug 12th, 2006, 01:27:08 PM
I am jst not sold on guys like jackson and jones although there not too bad of a pair for picking late in the round. I didn't see delhome, hes solid but your carrying 3 qbs that means and still no kicker. You may want to trade simms for a reciever if anyone is hard up on a Qb or hang on to him tell the first few qbs go down and you can force a better trade.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 12th, 2006, 02:47:14 PM
I picked 2nd and Alexander went first, I took LT over Larry Johnson who I believe is going to get hurt and be out my midseason.

I think you are nuts, I don't see him getting hurt, if this was Priest Holmes sure. KC won't give him the ball all the time, they have Michael Bennett too and he will get enough carries to keep Johnson fresh.

sirdizzy
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:23:54 PM
KC is going to hammer him like they hammered Holmes. They use their running backs like battering rams smashing them into the line and letting them take hits on the short passing routes. Too many carries, too many hits.

Thats the beauty of picking 1st or 2nd, I can take the proven guy in alexander or LT. Guys who have shown they can take the rigors of a full season and produce with fantastic numbers. I don't have to roll the die on a guy like Larry hoping he can stay healthy and hoping he doesn't have a sophomore slump.

If I had the #3 pick and Larry was still around would I take him, yes. The drop off after #3 is too large to not go for him, I'd consider Ronnie Brown in Miami but I know I'd take Larry.

I am just glad I didn't have to make that decision, I would have taken alexander if I had the #1 pick (like I would have the last 2 years and was estatic to drab him #3 in a draft last year).

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 12th, 2006, 04:55:34 PM
Yeah but Holmes was very injury prone. Last year he split time with LJ and still got hurt. It wouldn't have mattered how many carries he got. LJ is young hasn't had too many carries, he will be fine. I admit its between him and LT for #1 though. I am not convinced that Alexander will come near those numbers again. I think he is #3.

sirdizzy
Aug 12th, 2006, 07:21:36 PM
thats what they say every year about alexander but he is the only back to produce for the last 5 years, no other back has stayed healthy and put the numbers up year in and year out plus hes got that great offense that can move the ball through the air to help him out

Ryan Pode
Aug 13th, 2006, 07:04:22 AM
The best bet is Tomlinson. LJ plays in a system where concern for his body is minimal. Alexander has the Madden curse going against him (don't care whatchyou say, I believe it). Tomlinson has an inexperienced QB who is going to rely heavily on running the ball and those short little swing tosses to him as well.

Jedieb
Aug 13th, 2006, 09:21:08 PM
The best bet is Tomlinson. LJ plays in a system where concern for his body is minimal. Alexander has the Madden curse going against him (don't care whatchyou say, I believe it). Tomlinson has an inexperienced QB who is going to rely heavily on running the ball and those short little swing tosses to him as well.

Alexander is on the cover of Madden?! Crap, he's off my draft board.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 13th, 2006, 09:29:48 PM
LOL who was on the cover last year? Wait it was Mcnabb. Still, there was one year where they picked somebody and nothing bad happened to them. I am thinking it was Ray Lewis.

Yog
Aug 14th, 2006, 12:12:32 AM
Haha.. I don't believe in that curse for a second. I would pick Shaun first no matter what :)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 14th, 2006, 10:15:07 AM
Well I am not sure about the curse it could just coincidence.
Although a pretty big player got hurt yesterday
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=260813004
They are not even sure when Portis will be back.

Ryan Pode
Aug 14th, 2006, 10:59:46 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
LOL who was on the cover last year? Wait it was Mcnabb. Still, there was one year where they picked somebody and nothing bad happened to them. I am thinking it was Ray Lewis.

Ray Lewis' play dropped. He didn't get hurt and he was still effective, he just didn't make any big plays. The next season he made big plays but got hurt.

The curse is real and dates back to Culpepper. He had a terrible season after a great one. Then Vick broke his leg and missed most of the season. Then Ray Lewis stopped producing and McNabb got hurt.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 14th, 2006, 11:03:17 AM
Ray Lewis' play dropped. He didn't get hurt and he was still effective, he just didn't make any big plays. The next season he made big plays but got hurt.

The curse is real and dates back to Culpepper. He had a terrible season after a great one. Then Vick broke his leg and missed most of the season. Then Ray Lewis stopped producing and McNabb got hurt.

I don't believe in curses. Alot of that is coincidence, it is as bad as the Sports Illustrated curse.

sirdizzy
Aug 14th, 2006, 01:03:25 PM
its football, guys get hurt every year, its just coincedence that the madden cover happens

i'd still take alexander #1 even if he was starring in a cambells soup commercial talking about his SI cover shoot and holding a copy of madden with him on the cover

Yog
Aug 14th, 2006, 01:50:15 PM
i'd still take alexander #1 even if he was starring in a cambells soup commercial talking about his SI cover shoot and holding a copy of madden with him on the cover

:lol!

Me and dizzy drafted in another league yesterday. 14 teams, and it was pretty hard to pick, especially in the later rounds. Here is my team:

1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF, 12BN

1. (14) R. Brown RB
2. (15) B. Westbrook RB
3. (42) D. Jackson WR
4. (43) R. Wayne WR
5. (70) J. Witten TE
6. (71) J. Horn WR
7. (98) B. Favre QB
8. (99) L. Maroney RB
9. (126) A. Toomer WR
10. (127) F. Gore RB
11. (154) Philadelphia DEF
12. (155) K. Curtis WR
13. (182) C. Simms QB
14. (183) J. Wilkins K
15. (210) Kansas City DEF
16. (211) M. Booker WR
17. (238) S. Parker WR
18. (239) M. Leinart QB
19. (266) J. Hall K
20. (267) S. Heiden TE
21. (294) A. Smith RB

sirdizzy
Aug 14th, 2006, 01:55:01 PM
i am still pissed at you about ronnie, thats what I get for gambling and hoping people are stupid enough to follow the yahoo rankings

I am worried about having autodraft now after seeing what the autopickers does to you in later rounds, hell jerome bettis, curtis martin and jimmy smith were all drafted on autopicks (I went in and exluded these players but I am sure there are some I am forgetting). Like someone drafted a player who is in prison but I can't remember who.

sirdizzy
Aug 14th, 2006, 02:00:18 PM
my team

J. Plummer (Den - QB)
A. Boldin (Ari - WR)
J. Walker (Den - WR)
J. Jurevicius (Cle - WR)
E. James (Ari - RB)
D. Davis (Hou - RB)
T. Heap (Bal - TE)
J. Addai (Ind - RB)
A. Bryant (SF - WR)
I. Bruce (StL - WR)
S. McNair (Bal - QB)
M. Bell (Den - RB)
E. Moulds (Hou - WR)
M. Pollard (Det - TE)
M. Anderson (Bal - RB)
R. Caldwell (NE - WR)
M. Bennett (KC - RB)
O. Mare (Mia - K)
M. Nugent (NYJ - K)
Minnesota (Min - DEF)
Cleveland (Cle - DEF)

told ya I thought LJ wasn't going to get hurt and I drafted Michael Bennett his replacemen

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 14th, 2006, 09:01:58 PM
I wouldn't have Bennett unless I had LJ. Although the problem with Bennett is if LJ stays healthy all season, Bennett will probably have 5-10 carries a game.

sirdizzy
Aug 15th, 2006, 01:48:22 AM
hey 21 round 14 team draft, by the time round 20 rolls around there ain't nothing left but gambles and speculations

Yog
Aug 15th, 2006, 02:41:39 AM
For, people drafting, a cheat sheet should be helpful. This one should surely help you win the season! :lol

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/060814

And here is a guy who drafted sunday. He just might have followed that guide! I must admit though, I like his sense of humor better than his drafting technique...

1. (12) B. Roethlisberger
2. (17) T. Houshmandzadeh
3. (40) A. Vinatieri
4. (45) Pittsburgh
5. (68) H. Miller
6. (73) T. Jones
7. (96) F. Taylor
8. (101) B. Leftwich
9. (124) Ji. Smith
10. (129) C. Henry
11. (152) C. Perry
12. (157) T. Dwight
13. (180) New England
14. (185) S. Janikowski
15. (208) Z. Hilton
16. (213) K. Holcomb
17. (236) P. Warrick
18. (241) J. Fiedler
19. (264) R. White
20. (269) B. Calhoun
21. (292) C. Wilson

sirdizzy
Aug 17th, 2006, 02:06:39 AM
well it seems every year we have a bottom dweler who's draft is so bad it should be a must read on what not to do

didn't someone take the ravens D a few years back as the #1 overall pick

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 17th, 2006, 08:43:32 AM
One year we had a player who picked the Dolphins QB, #1. That year I had the second pick and I got Priest Holmes. It was the best draft I ever had.

Mu Satach
Aug 18th, 2006, 04:39:16 PM
Just a heads up that sunday afternoon Aug. 27th I'm not sure I'll be online to do the draft. I may be moving that day... still working out the details. Just don't want you guy to think I'm going to flake out on youz. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 18th, 2006, 09:09:07 PM
That is cool, if you can make it great, if not I would just set up the default draft the best you can.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 25th, 2006, 11:36:11 AM
I am just reminding everyone that the draft will be held on Sunday at 5:30PM. If you can't make it I would go through that edit draft rankings the best you can. Also I changed the playoff weeks and teams to 15,16,17 and to 8. I also put max teams at 10 in case somebody tried to join before the draft and messed us up.

Yog
Aug 25th, 2006, 11:49:17 AM
I will sooooo be there. Man, I am addicted to fantasy football :D

Terran Starek
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:04:45 PM
Is there any room for another person, or are you guys all full? No worries if I'm too late. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:05:06 PM
Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
I will sooooo be there. Man, I am addicted to fantasy football :D

I figured you would :)
I think it will be better this year since we have less roster spots. Each team has 14 roster spots. 8 Starters and 6 bench players. I haven't added WR/Rb or WR/TE yet, only because I am not sure if we should have it. If people think we should have a bigger roster I will add one or the other. It could also wait till after the draft if we have more players out there than I thought originally.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:06:57 PM
Originally posted by Terran Starek
Is there any room for another person, or are you guys all full? No worries if I'm too late. :)

Well the only problem is we need a 12th person and I don't know who to ask at this point. If you can find me a 12 person I will let you both in. We can't draft with uneven players under Head to Head rules. I could go to point rules but I had a few people say they like head to head better. Lets see what everybody else says by the end of the day.

Terran Starek
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:10:12 PM
Sure. I dunno anyone else, but I'll ask around.

Again - no worries. I've been looking for a league and then I saw this thread. I can't imagine a better league to join. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:12:36 PM
Its too bad you didn't see it earlier, I actually talked JMK into joining. Let me see what I can do. Check back on this thread either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Terran Starek
Aug 25th, 2006, 12:13:35 PM
Roger that. Will do.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 25th, 2006, 10:22:55 PM
You can join here is the info
password vader12

Terran Starek
Aug 26th, 2006, 07:26:35 PM
Awesome. Thank you.

For some reason, I can't get there. It's not letting me access the league or get to the link or anything.

Yog
Aug 26th, 2006, 07:30:35 PM
Only people who allready registered their team can view that link. Try this one:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/tos?done=joinleague

Terran Starek
Aug 26th, 2006, 07:32:04 PM
Beautiful. Made it. Thanks.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 26th, 2006, 09:14:08 PM
Thanks Yoghurt, I must have copied the wrong one.

jjwr
Aug 27th, 2006, 08:40:39 AM
I'm not sure if I'll be around for the draft tonight, I'll try but can't say for sure.

Jedieb
Aug 27th, 2006, 09:58:20 AM
5 1/2 hours to go! :crack

Yog
Aug 27th, 2006, 10:54:28 AM
Originally posted by Jedieb
5 1/2 hours to go! :crack

Prepare for total domination! ;)

(you may commence the smacktalk now!)

Ryan Pode
Aug 27th, 2006, 10:58:24 AM
I'll talk smack once I have a team. . . .

Yog
Aug 27th, 2006, 11:03:34 AM
Who you gonna pick? Kyle Boller? Baltimore Defense. Can't wait to find out :smokin

Ryan Pode
Aug 27th, 2006, 11:10:19 AM
Well, first off Kyle Boller doesn't start. So that be silly, although I did pick him up at the end of last year (maybe not this league) and he provided a few multi-TD games for me. And secondly, the Baltimore defense is going to be good and hopefully last years lack of turnovers was only an aberration.

Yog
Aug 27th, 2006, 11:16:39 AM
Personally, I thought the Baltimore defense looked dubious so far in the preseason. I would much rather have Chicago defense. But yeah, preseason is preseason.

Ryan Pode
Aug 27th, 2006, 11:27:26 AM
I'd stay away from Chicago for a couple of reasons. One is Alex Brown is hurt, he is key for them. Two, they ahve disgruntled players. You don't want disgruntled players on your defense. It's all about communication on defense and upset players mess with that chemistry. Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Seattle, and Indy are probably safer bets.

Terran Starek
Aug 27th, 2006, 11:53:52 AM
Don't count out KC's defense this year. With the addition of Madison at Corner and Demps at FS, I think they lok a lot better than they have been.

Of course, I am a Kansas City fan, so I'm probably biased. :)

Yog
Aug 27th, 2006, 11:57:51 AM
I'd stay away from Chicago for a couple of reasons. One is Alex Brown is hurt, he is key for them. Two, they ahve disgruntled players. You don't want disgruntled players on your defense. It's all about communication on defense and upset players mess with that chemistry. Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Seattle, and Indy are probably safer bets.

Hmmm.. interesting, I will concider those teams (not over Chicago though). I usually do not pick defense so early that it will matter much anyway. Terran is right about KC defense being underrated. They seem to have an improved defensive line.

Yog
Aug 27th, 2006, 12:10:37 PM
Ok, here is something disturbing I noticed in that league me and Dizzy are playing in. A trade offer so dubious, I cast a veto vote, and concidering if I should contact the commisioner. I usually do not veto trades, but this one had so many alarm lights flashing.

S. Holmes (Pit - WR)
C. Benson (Chi - RB)
P. Crayton (Dal - WR)
K. Colbert (Car - WR)
R. Gardner (GB - WR)

for

S. Smith (Car - WR)
K. Jones (Det - RB)

Thats a tier 1 receiver and a decent #2 running back again a bunch of third fiddle WRs and a dubious RB. What makes this trade even more incomrehensible for me, the team giving away S. Smith allready has a lot of WR depth. He got S. Smith, C. Johnson, C. Chambers, D. Bennett + a bunch of WRs who are similar in value to those being traded for. And whats even worse, he only got two starting RBs Kevin Jones and Deuce McAllister. Why would he trade away his top WR for a likely worse producing #2 RB who might not even start?

Like someone else commented to me, "Junk x 5 for stud x 2 doesn't = good trade"

But thats not the end of it.. oh no, today, I also found this trade offer pending. Same team that is trading away Smith has this pending trade with another team:

H. Ward (Pit - WR)
J. Nedney (SF - K)

for

C. Johnson (Cin - WR)

Yup, he is trading away Chad Johnson and Steve Smith on the same day.

Now normally, I might not raise an eyebrow, if he were lacking a good kicker. But he got 3 on his roster allready (!) : J. Feely, R. Longwell and R. Bironas. He is dropping Bironas to make room on his roster. J. Feely is allready better than Nedney, IMO.

So basically, he is trading away Chad Johnson, Steve Smith and Kevin Jones. And all he gets back is some third rate WRs, a kicker and a RB that might not start? Ok, so he got Ward, but that is under no circumstance an equal trade for Chad Johnson. Whats for certain, he is dramatically reducing the quality of his team this way, and I have to wonder if he really got no clue, or its some kind of foul play (maybe these guys are buddies?).

What do you guys think?

Ryan Pode
Aug 27th, 2006, 12:31:04 PM
Is it a money league?

Yog
Aug 27th, 2006, 12:49:16 PM
No, its a normal free yahoo league. Its a league with invited people who played in the same league last year. Normally, I dont care, but I do like people to trade fair. I could come up with a better trade offer than that in a second, if I knew it landed me Steve Smith or Chad Johnson.

One thing to notice, its a ppr league. 1 point per reception, which makes top WR's like that particulary valuable.

Terran Starek
Aug 27th, 2006, 01:46:01 PM
My first pick today: San Diego Defense. No doubt.

. . .

. . .

:D

Ryan Pode
Aug 27th, 2006, 01:57:52 PM
Sadly, not the best defense on the board. Especially if they trade Edwards.

Yog
Aug 27th, 2006, 02:10:56 PM
My first pick today: San Diego Defense. No doubt.

. . .

. . .

:D

In the first round?? I can't tell if you are serious or joking :)

If you want to do remotely well, pick a RB in the first round. Picking TE, QB or defense first is allmost allways a bad idea, as you can pick some really good ones later on in the draft. Running backs are the backbone of any fantasy team, as they produce consistantly, and the best starters go early. And yeah, I am also looking at those Peyton Manning owners in particular when I say this..

Terran Starek
Aug 27th, 2006, 02:13:40 PM
Yeah, that was a huge joke. Not only would it be horrendously stupid to pick a Defense first pick, SD's defense is not really any good. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2006, 02:25:14 PM
Don't count out KC's defense this year. With the addition of Madison at Corner and Demps at FS, I think they lok a lot better than they have been.

Of course, I am a Kansas City fan, so I'm probably biased. :)

KC has Surtain and Law at coners. I figure you got the ex dolphin corners mixed up :p When do you think we can enter the chat room? I was thinking 30 minutes before but I am not sure.

Yog
Aug 27th, 2006, 02:27:22 PM
The draft order is determined 30 minutes before the draft, and thats when you can enter the draft room and chat. That is in approximately 32 minutes :)

I hope for an early draft pick

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2006, 02:32:00 PM
The draft order is determined 30 minutes before the draft, and thats when you can enter the draft room and chat. That is in approximately 32 minutes :)

I hope for an early draft pick

I have hoped that for the last two years :p
I got lucky one year and got #2.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2006, 02:32:53 PM
Also, I disagree about not going with a QB, you could make a very good case for Manning or Brady if you had pick 5-10. I wouldn't take either with the first 4.

Ryan Pode
Aug 27th, 2006, 02:36:31 PM
Last year I picked #1. I got LT. I also managed to get Larry Johnson and with my pick in the TWENTY-FIFTH round I snagged Stephen Davis who just had 12 TDs.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2006, 02:37:39 PM
You had the draft I had a few years ago. I got Holmes, Manning, Harrison and Gonzalez with my first five picks.

Ryan Pode
Aug 27th, 2006, 02:41:46 PM
The thing was, I got LT with #1, but I snagged Johnson in the 9th and Smith in the 25th. So I had 3 great RBs, plus my 2-8 picks were all stellar.

Yog
Aug 27th, 2006, 02:41:50 PM
The problem with picking Brady or Manning in pick 5-10 is, you could probably pick up studs like Carson Palmer or Matt Hasselbeck in a later round, and their stats probably won't make that huge difference. Ok, so there was this one year Manning went bananas score wise, but its a risk to take he will do it again. There is however a huge difference in points production between a round 1 and the round 2-3 running backs. If you pick a QB first, you will have to pick from mediocre RB's and be behind picking those while everyone else is picking stud WR's.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2006, 02:44:10 PM
Well I say that too because some of the RB you get 5-10 are huge question marks like Clinton Portis. I think I am avoiding him, I am having this bad vibe about the Redskins right now. None of the backs after Barber really make me happy.

Yog
Aug 27th, 2006, 02:51:16 PM
Its true that RB is very thin this year. There are not a whole lot of consistant go to the bank studs you can depend on. Lot of incertainties due to injuries etc. But that just makes it even more important picking some RB studs early, then stock up on some backups. Agreed that Portis is a question mark. Its blown out of proportion though. Maybe not a top 5 pick anymore, but a solid first round pick for sure.

As far as I am concerned, its really only two viable strategies in the first couple rounds: RB/RB or RB/WR.

Ryan Pode
Aug 27th, 2006, 02:54:07 PM
I just hope I don't get a 4-8 pick.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2006, 02:55:57 PM
Its true that RB is very thin this year. There are not a whole lot of consistant go to the bank studs you can depend on. Lot of incertainties due to injuries etc. But that just makes it even more important picking some RB studs early, then stock up on some backups. Agreed that Portis is a question mark. Its blown out of proportion though. Maybe not a top 5 pick anymore, but a solid first round pick for sure.

As far as I am concerned, its really only two viable strategies in the first couple rounds: RB/RB or RB/WR.

I am undecided right now.I think I will let it play out and debate on it. I could WR though the only one really really good is Steve Smith.

Jedieb
Aug 27th, 2006, 02:56:23 PM
33 minutes! We should be getting the draft order soon, right?

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2006, 02:57:08 PM
In 3 minutes actually

Yog
Aug 27th, 2006, 03:00:45 PM
I am undecided right now.I think I will let it play out and debate on it. I could WR though the only one really really good is Steve Smith.

There are basically two major schools of thought. Double running backs or VBD (Value Based Drafting). Sure, if you see Steve Smith in second round, its not a bad idea jumping on him.

Terran Starek
Aug 27th, 2006, 03:39:39 PM
Arrrggggg! I can't connect to the live Draft!! I dunno why.

ERROR: Failed to Connect to Server

I get that every time. :(

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2006, 04:37:00 PM
Arrrggggg! I can't connect to the live Draft!! I dunno why.

ERROR: Failed to Connect to Server

I get that every time. :(

Sorry about that I know there is a whole java thing.
Also this was discussed towards the end should we add a WR/RB position? And also should we add another bench spot? Let me know your opinions and we can figure it out.

Ryan Pode
Aug 27th, 2006, 04:37:14 PM
Well Terran, you had some odd picks.

Yog
Aug 27th, 2006, 04:39:39 PM
I vote 1 WR / RB spot + 1 extra bench. There is still plenty of depth, believe me

Figrin D'an
Aug 27th, 2006, 04:43:52 PM
I vote 1 WR / RB spot + 1 extra bench. There is still plenty of depth, believe me

This sounds good to me.

Terran Starek
Aug 27th, 2006, 07:52:14 PM
I didn't set up an autodraft, cuz I was planning on being there. :(

Ah well. When life gives ya lemons, ya just squeeze the crap outta them.

I wouldn't mind another WR/RB spot.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2006, 09:04:07 PM
Yeah the prerankings suck so I wouldn't worry about it. You did get Larry Johnson and Gonzalez both of them are good players.

Terran Starek
Aug 27th, 2006, 09:12:35 PM
True.

But, my starting lineup heavily relies on the Chief's offense - Green, Johnson, Gonzalez - so I basically have several of my eggs in one basket, which is no kind of good.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 27th, 2006, 09:20:09 PM
Who is your back QB? I just can't remember.

sirdizzy
Aug 28th, 2006, 04:20:55 AM
I really would have taken tiki before edge wondered how I ranked that, because I did go through and rank like my top 100 and excluded a bunch of players I didn't want or who have retired and the idiotic yahoo rankings still have them in there like curtis martin in the 60's.

There had to be somebody better than leftwhich when it went for my backup though because I wouldn't have drafted that loser had I been there live. But I looked not much quality left on the waiver wire for qb though.

I think where I did best was WR, plex, boldin and walker are an awesome 1-2-3. I knew koren got dumped before I left I just never made it on there to exlude him. And I got my favorite underrated player joe jurvecious. So bye weeks are going to kill me at wideout though.

Terran Starek
Aug 28th, 2006, 07:33:55 AM
Who is your back QB? I just can't remember.

Vick. But, I might pick up Brunell. Last year he put up some decent numbers and the Skins offense on the whole was much more powerful than Atlanta. Plus, Brunell's a bit hardier than ole' Mike. :)

jjwr
Aug 28th, 2006, 08:53:48 AM
I don't mind adding another roster spot as well as a TE/WR spot.

sirdizzy
Aug 28th, 2006, 12:33:29 PM
i thought about getting brunnell too instead of byron but I went with phillip rivers

jjwr
Aug 29th, 2006, 07:06:42 AM
I gotta go pick up Jeff George off the waiver wire!

sirdizzy
Aug 29th, 2006, 02:32:18 PM
LMAO is he still around, every year when a QB goes down there are teams that consider him its kind of sad and funny all at the same time

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 29th, 2006, 06:07:24 PM
I went ahead and added a WR/RB combo, I figure it would be easier for everybody to get an extra RB or WR.

Yog
Sep 2nd, 2006, 04:31:34 PM
My final draft this season was a Fantasy Football Plus league. Very competitive. Here are my draft results from that:

1. (10) R. Brown
2. (11) C. Johnson
3. (30) J. Jones
4. (31) R. Wayne
5. (50) E. Manning
6. (51) W. Dunn
7. (70) D. Stallworth
8. (71) B. Watson
9. (90) J. Delhomme
10. (91) F. Taylor
11. (110) I. Bruce
12. (111) S. Graham
13. (130) A. Toomer
14. (131) Jacksonville
15. (150) Cincinnati

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 3rd, 2006, 04:57:50 PM
I don't know who has these guys but I make some changes to your rosters. First there is the Texans RB Davis. He is out for the year. Unknown how he got hurt. Then there is big Ben. He just had an emergency appendectomy and he will be out for the season opener for certain. Then there is the crazy situation involving Volek. The Titans brought in Kerry Collins and there are rumors that they want him to start over Volek and they might even ship Volek out.

sirdizzy
Sep 3rd, 2006, 10:12:31 PM
i had davis on one league already, so I already got hit by the injury bug on my fantasy teams, plus i got westbrook in another league and hes been battling

problem with losing davis was it was a deep league and I picked late so I thought davis was a good 1-2 punch with edge who i picked up in the 1st rounf. Now I am forced to my backups of mike bell, joseph addai (who should solidify hopefully by midseason as the primary back), followed by backups who may eventually see some time mike anderson, ladell betts, or michael bennett

so I have to start 2 rbs and I got talent their but its talent that may take tell midseason before its solidfied, I hope bell becomes the next clinton portis for denver but if not I could flounder tell either addai or anderson take over

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 3rd, 2006, 10:59:24 PM
That happened to me last season. I kept losing people to injuries and because of the lack of waiver wire players I was screwed.

Mu Satach
Sep 4th, 2006, 04:40:27 PM
crap... I had Davis. =P

Nathanial K'cansce
Sep 5th, 2006, 08:41:15 AM
I have Big Ben. It's a shame he wasn't going to start for me anyways. :p

I did my second draft of the season last night, for a keeper league I'm in. It's in it's third year, and needless to say, the first two years I've finished second to last. This year might be promising.

My keepers: Aaron Brooks, Deion Branch, Todd Heap, Marc Bulger, and Nate Clements.

The rest of the draft for me went as such -

6. (52) L. Jordan RB
7. (69) R. Wayne WR
8. (72) T. Bell RB
9. (89) E. Kennison WR
10. (92) D. Foster RB
11. (109) J. Feely K
12. (112) T. Duckett RB
13. (129) K. Brooking DL
14. (132) L. Tatupu DL
15. (149) L. Smith TE
16. (152) D. Freeney DL
17. (169) S. Knight DB
18. (172) A. Winfield DB
19. (189) S. Brown DB
20. (192) I. Bruce WR
21. (209) K. Faulk RB
22. (212) B. Johnson QB

Though I might drop good ole Brad Johnson for either Moulds or Jurivicious. Or another RB if I spot any that look appealing.

sirdizzy
Sep 5th, 2006, 12:50:38 PM
the problem is your keepers, you don't have anybody that is really worth keeping

Nathanial K'cansce
Sep 5th, 2006, 02:18:06 PM
I know. I missed the first draft when we started the league, and it's hurt me ever since. Plus some trades that didn't go my way (injuries, lack of production etc). I've had decent wideout produtcion, but my RB's and QB's have been horrible.

And if Brook's can actually start controlling his passing, and create less turnovers, he has the ability to be monsterous. That's highly unlikely, though. :(

jjwr
Sep 11th, 2006, 07:57:25 AM
Ok my WR's suck and I have 5 possibly great fantasy starting RB's - Ronnie Brown, Cadalliac, Reggie Bush, Frank Gore and Kevin Barlow. All are starters and scored solid points over the weekend. Anyone?

Ryan Pode
Sep 11th, 2006, 11:21:38 AM
If Antonio Gates has 30 yards worth of receptions and nothing else, I win in SWFans league.

Terran Starek
Sep 11th, 2006, 12:45:54 PM
I'm hurting big time. Especially with the loss of Green on Sunday.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 11th, 2006, 01:30:53 PM
I'm hurting big time. Especially with the loss of Green on Sunday.

Yeah sorry to hear that. He will probably only be out one week at the worst, if that is any consolation.

Terran Starek
Sep 11th, 2006, 01:35:43 PM
Thanks. :) I'm lucky he'll be back. It was a wicked hit.

I'll tell you what would be a better consolation - Willie Roaf comes back out of retirement and the Chiefs offensive line starts playing like the unit it has been the past 5 years! :D

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 11th, 2006, 06:56:58 PM
Thanks. :) I'm lucky he'll be back. It was a wicked hit.

I'll tell you what would be a better consolation - Willie Roaf comes back out of retirement and the Chiefs offensive line starts playing like the unit it has been the past 5 years! :D
That is wishful thinking I am afraid. They just need to run the ball more and play a different style of passing game. They do need to kick Jordan Black off the offensive line he can't block for anything. I go with Sampson really. I don't think the other guy is ready.

Jedieb
Sep 13th, 2006, 07:27:39 PM
Carr, I think you're going to grow to hate the coaching stylings of Herm Edwards. I've always liked the guy, but I've heard a lot of sighs of relief from Jets fans now that he's gone. On Mike & Mike, Greenberg was going on and on about how Edwards had already shown poor play calling and game management after just one game. I picked Cincy, but I didn't really expect KC to look that bad at home on opening day. You guys might be in for a long season.

sirdizzy
Sep 13th, 2006, 09:48:39 PM
might be there is no might be about it. With Roaf retired, Green banged up, another bad offseason (you guys need a WR), a step down in coaching, and the toughest schedule in the afc west it is going to be a very long season for the chiefs.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 13th, 2006, 09:59:34 PM
Carr, I think you're going to grow to hate the coaching stylings of Herm Edwards. I've always liked the guy, but I've heard a lot of sighs of relief from Jets fans now that he's gone. On Mike & Mike, Greenberg was going on and on about how Edwards had already shown poor play calling and game management after just one game. I picked Cincy, but I didn't really expect KC to look that bad at home on opening day. You guys might be in for a long season.
Well I don't think it was the coaching style that lost them the game. I do think the offensive cordinator messed up a couple of times he is very inexperienced. The big problem was the offensive line can't block. Green had no time to throw which really hurt what they could do. If the line can't block there isn't really much Edwards can do is there. Also I am not sure why the Jets were complaining, a they made the playoffs like 4 times when he was there and b they had a bad season because of injuries. No coach can do anything with that. Also as for a WR they did sign Rod Gardner which is the best they can do right now. I think next season they will look into a FA pick up and let Kennison go. It was a tough year at WR, after Owens there wasn't much. And I don't think KC should have given up a first round pick for Branch.

sirdizzy
Sep 18th, 2006, 05:13:12 PM
remember 2 years ago when I was a powerhouse and lost only 1 game by 2 points well it seems we have returned to that point as 137 point smack down of the carolina cats should put me firmly in 1st place (i only finished 3rd last week by a meer 4 points)

can you feel my power

sirdizzy
Sep 25th, 2006, 11:41:13 PM
Wheeeeeeeeeeeee did you see the smackdown I put on the hamsters, almost a 150 point day talk about being owned

Yog
Sep 26th, 2006, 01:04:53 AM
Thats hardly an accurate way to describe it. I put 113 points on the board, you just made morepoints. And for a long time, it was fairly close. You're doing great this season, I will give you that.

My source of trouble is Lamont Jordan, while he is a great RB, his team is an utter joke. I probably won't be able to trade him, and I can't excactly drop him either. Funny thing is, I was thinking of picking Westbrook instead in the draft, and then you would be the one being owned.. :p

Ryan Pode
Sep 26th, 2006, 01:16:54 PM
I dropped a 196 on someone once. They only got like 95.

sirdizzy
Sep 26th, 2006, 01:43:06 PM
A 196 is beyond massive but if you can so is 146 points. The thing is if you can stay over 110 every week you are going to do amazing, thats why it hurts to put up a 112 and lose (the only game i lost 2 years ago was 112-114).

I have done well because of the great staple of WRs I got. Javon Walker is going to massive this year, and while Plaxico had an off day he is still huge and then thrown in Boldin and thats a hard 1-2-3 to beat. I am missing both Javon and Plexiglass this weekend though and thats going to be tough as I had to go with Engram and the surprising Edwards out of cleveland.

Yog
Sep 26th, 2006, 03:36:42 PM
Yeah, 146 is a massive score. Of course, it did not help me T.O. was out with a broken finger or that Westbrook who was officially listed as questionable comes out and had the biggest monster game in I dont know how long time (annoyingly, I benched him in another league, although I still won there).

This is also the second game I lost in swfans allready this season. In the first week, I lost by one freaking point..

At least I can take some comfort, I am doing extremely well in the 4 other fantasy leagues I am participating in. I only had -one- loss in those of 4 leagues in 3 weeks, thats 11/12 wins! Im either #1 or #2 in those. The loss came in a deep 20 player league, again very close first week loss. Although, I made some roster adjustments, and now posting monster scores, moving up the chart.

In salary cap football, I have a 94% rating, #4 in a group of 39. Survival football, I am still alive. Pickem league I am only # 7 of 20 for now (I do the same picks there as here).

sirdizzy
Sep 26th, 2006, 09:19:58 PM
I'd still have beaten you without westbrook, only by one point (and thats if I had left the spot empty) but you still would have lost.

Mu Satach
Sep 26th, 2006, 11:19:21 PM
here's a newb question... what does "bye" mean in the match ups view?

(moments later) is it, that they arn't playing this weekend? and if it's your defensive team... that's bad... no?

Yog
Sep 27th, 2006, 02:08:39 AM
Yeah, bye week means the player / team is not playing that week. During the season, every NFL team have a week they are not playing. This causes headaches for fantasy football managers, cause bye week means no production, no points for those players during that week. This means you have to use your less producing players on the bench. If you have several players on bye week at the same time, and some players are injured as well, thats even worse, as you might not have enough players for a full lineup, and your score during that week will most likely be bad.

Yog
Nov 5th, 2006, 06:37:07 AM
Its been a while since last update.. how is everyone doing in fantasy football?

Im doing pretty well overall, except in this league. 4th most points yet #17.. :|

http://content.imagesocket.com/images/SAS424.jpg

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 5th, 2006, 05:43:55 PM
I am sucking in this league. I might be able to rebound and do something in the second half. A lot of my big players aren't having great years. Manning has been great but he has all I have had.
I am in another league and I am in first place which is cool :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Nov 13th, 2006, 07:17:10 AM
I'll be back on top in this league once the Monday night game is done and over with, methinks.

My other league, the keeper... yea, I'm in 8th. Out of 10. I can't wait until next year when we re-do the draft. -_-

sirdizzy
Nov 27th, 2006, 07:03:09 PM
Its been a interesting year fantasy wise to say the least.

The one league that I was ruling for awhile was out swfans league, while I flaundered in my 2 other leagues. In one league I was ranked 12th dead last and 1-3 and couldn't buy a win. But I have now won 8 straight games in that league and will be ranked #1 tomorrow, now that's a turnaround. I got Eli Manning, LT, Javon Walker, Plaxico Burress, Deion Branch, both Dallas Rb's Jones and Barber (I am starting Barber of late as he is a TD god) and my crappy 4th round pick of Randy Moss.

Then theres the wookie league, that league has been nothing but a pain in my butt. A tie, a couple of one point losses and I am struggling to make a playoff berth. Its a league were I was also ranked dead last 12th at one point, I might move up to 6th this week but I am thinking I am going to get hammered come post season time.

I got a win this week in swfans which I have been flaundering in the last couple weeks, so I will qualify for the playoffs this week.

So 2 playoff berths so far, one to go.

sirdizzy
Nov 28th, 2006, 08:31:20 AM
i swear I am cursed in the wookie league, I just lost my 3rd game by one point, not to mention as tie this season

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 1st, 2007, 11:52:53 AM
*struts and stretches*

Ahhh, repeat champ. :D

Good season everyone!

My other league didn't end up so well, I went a total of 3-10. And apparently we're keeping our keepers another year, but get to expand our rosters with prospects we drafted this year. I think I'll keep Reggie Wayne.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 1st, 2007, 12:24:25 PM
I finished next to last in our league. I did finish third in another league.

Yog
Jan 2nd, 2007, 02:45:52 PM
The end of the season in swfans just plain sucked. I tied with jedieb in the playoffs with the exact same amount of points, losing on some bizarre tie break rule, which effectively put me out of the race. Then I got wtfpwned by Ryan. Winning vs Figrin was a mere bandage on the wound.

I won in wookie league and second place in fantasy plus though.

sirdizzy
Jan 3rd, 2007, 07:00:48 PM
i finished 1st, 4th and 10th in my 3 leagues this year

my 2nd championship out of 11 yahoo fantasy leagues though so I am good

Ryan Pode
Jan 3rd, 2007, 08:26:52 PM
Friggin Drew Brees. If had played even remotely decent on the first week of the fantasy playoffs, I would have won it all. LKJSALHKADGLH!!!