PDA

View Full Version : News for Collectors!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 16th, 2006, 04:36:42 PM
My husband and I were just given responsibility for liquidating a comic/toy/hobby shop. I'm starting to inventory the stuff now, but there are a lot of comic books (a LOT of comic books), Star Wars figures and other miscellaneous junk.

Basically a friend of a friend bought the inventory for a hobby shop for a relative, who then did nothing with it. The entire contents of this store have been sitting in a very large basement for about a year. They want it all gone, and SO here I am!

Some of the items, such as the rare comics, we're going to be selling on eBay. Once I get to that point I'll link to my eBay store here if anyone's interested. Other stuff, like the not-so-valuable figures and things like that, we'll probably be selling at garage sales over the course of the summer.

HOWEVER, if you're a completist and you're missing an item or a comic or something, I might just have it for you. I've only gone through one box so far, but my second box is completely Power of the Force 4 inch figures (both the Green and Vaders cards) and stuff like that. Rather than publish my inventory on the web, if there's something you're looking for, post it here. I'll search my spreadsheet periodically while I'm constructing it and get back to you if I have it. I'm sure you'll get a good deal - we're talking $90,000 of toys that the owner is willing to liquidate for about $18,000.

There are original Battlestar Galactica figures, some pull-string ET plastic figures that talk, some vintage Star Wars, etc. But of course my hubby gets first crack at them all. ;)

Oh, and if you're not interested in getting anything just keep me in your thoughts. It's a big job! If you have any questions, like "do you have any X-Men figures" (the answer is yes) or "do you have any comics older than ____" just post 'em here. I'll get to the answers when I find out. :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 17th, 2006, 01:42:57 AM
Are there any Exo Squad toys in the batch?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 17th, 2006, 11:55:26 AM
I'll keep an eye out. :)

JMK
Jun 17th, 2006, 12:25:36 PM
Can you let me know if and when you get loose vintage SW figures, and how much they can be had for?

Also, I'd love to see that link to the comics on ebay. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 17th, 2006, 12:32:34 PM
Right now I have a loose die-cast Darth Vader TIE Fighter with the card back. The card is in fair condition - it's been bent a bit, the bubble has been taken off (of course) and the edges are pretty worn. No tears and the color is excellent.

That's all the vintage I've found so far. We're hoping to go by and pick up some more boxes today.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 17th, 2006, 12:36:51 PM
if your man doesn't snark 'em, I'd be very interested in some 12 inch star wars figures as well :)

I'll have to put together a list because I know there are a few more things I'm not thinking of atm.

Stupid airline prices. I want to be there NOW.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 17th, 2006, 12:44:30 PM
Ty doesn't collect the 12 inchers, so any of those we have are very available.

So far I have:
12 in. Greedo
12 in. Luke Skywalker in Ceremonial Gear (ANH)

But I've only looked into three boxes. ^_^;

Jorshal Vuntana
Jun 28th, 2006, 06:50:40 AM
Have any of the Marvel Select figures, in particular Ultimate Hulk and Ultimate Iron Man. They're relatively new though. Also, I'm in the hunt for any and all Marvel Legends figures.

For either of these requests in the box or not doesn't matter.

Also, I'm on the look out for the 1994 Fleer Ultra X-Men card series, 150 card set.

And, if you happen to come across Batman: The Killing Joke. Let me know, thanks!

Sam
Jun 30th, 2006, 10:20:55 AM
I'd be interested in any Dark Horse Clone Wars issues or TPBs.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 30th, 2006, 06:38:08 PM
Ok unfortunate update: the lady who owns all this stuff has put the deadline for moving it at July 10th. Which is, like, in a week and a half. We haven't even been able to go over to her house yet due to scheduling issues.

SO it looks like what we're going to have to do is just list it all on Craigslist as a business for sale. We are going over tomorrow and I'll do my best to scout out what's there - my hubby will be snagging all the SW toys he can find and we'll be bringing that to our house. I'll keep you all updated. ^_^;