PDA

View Full Version : Well Alberto is gone

Park Kraken
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:36:40 PM
And it pretty much sucked. I mean, we didn't get any damage or anything, just a few downed branches, but the miserable weather kept ne couped up in the house for a couple of days, and not only that, but it didn't drop nearly as much rainfall as predicted. It should have broken our drought, but we only got like, one or two inches of rain, instead of the eight predicted.

And one of my most favorite BBQ places got it's roof damage by a tornado that skipped down a major highway at 2 AM in the morning. I wake up to a phone call, my sister tells me that there's a major weather warning for our area, so I turn on my computer, look at the radar, see a perfect little hole in a line of thunderstorms, and it's like right over my house. I run outside, nothing. No rain, nothing but a strange smell, and a distant roaring sound, like a train, but that soon fades away. So I go back inside, and was like, oh well, back to bed.

Got some reports that Savannah got pounded good tonight, downed trees and powerlines, Al's still at storm strength, moving into S.C., and it's supposed to move the U.S. eastern seaboard before becoming extra-tropical and heading across the Atlantic to threaten nothern Ireland the U.K. by the end of the week. Let's see, about eight bloody days into this year's season, Florida - 1 Tropical Storm, and I have my eyes on about five more disturbances in the Atlantic that have the potential for development. >_< This is going to be a long year. :mad

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 14th, 2006, 06:49:16 AM
I'm declaring you our official weatherman :)

I love hurricane season, but only because it drums up business for me. You know how you guys slash your screening when a hurricane comes through? Yeah - my company makes those :cool

CMJ
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:40:02 PM
Grand Cayman got the worst of him. They recorded 23.5 inches of rain over a 36 hour period or so.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 14th, 2006, 02:54:02 PM
It was cloudy and rained here in Miami. But egads it is humid and hot now. Ugh.

Park Kraken
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:37:27 PM
I wouldn't know, I've been couped up all day with the flu.

Well, the remnants of Alberto are near Cape Hatteras N.C. right now, fixing to move back out into the Atlantic. Should be interesting to see whether or not it reforms and re-strengthens.

Lamar Starworth
Jun 14th, 2006, 04:05:12 PM
I'm in California right now so I wont see much of any hurricanes in any season...well until I move to Orlando and I get the forefront of everything.

CMJ
Jun 14th, 2006, 05:15:22 PM
Originally posted by Park Kraken
Well, the remnants of Alberto are near Cape Hatteras N.C. right now, fixing to move back out into the Atlantic. Should be interesting to see whether or not it reforms and re-strengthens.

The water is too cold for it to stregthen a warm core syetem. But it is quickly becoming extra tropical.

Lamar Starworth
Jun 14th, 2006, 07:00:45 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
It was cloudy and rained here in Miami. But egads it is humid and hot now. Ugh.

How bad does it get down there in FL? I'm going to be there...well this month next year.

Sanis Prent
Jun 14th, 2006, 07:02:54 PM
Horrible. High 90's and 100% humidity. Breeze, but a hot one.

There's no escape.

Lamar Starworth
Jun 14th, 2006, 07:44:10 PM
Blah!

Well the school I'm going to has no summer break, so I'll be staying in class all day forever more!

Yay! ( :( )

Shawn
Jun 14th, 2006, 09:15:44 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
Horrible. High 90's and 100% humidity. Breeze, but a hot one.

There's no escape. It was 99°F today. Yeah, it sucked.