PDA

View Full Version : Question about WoD RP

Ashe Sieris
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:41:21 PM
I have been playing WoD rps for several years and have several well defined characters. 1 in particular I would like to bring into the RP if it is alright. In the RP that i have run her through, she is old, powerful and has ALOT of dots on her char sheet. I understand how this could cause a problem (aka claims of God Modeing.) I will cut down her power to an extent, useing the excuse that she was in torper for a long time. She is the Arch Bishop of Southern California, that also can be changed if needed. If you need more info on her, if you have Grapevine, I can send you the character sheet.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:46:34 PM
Well, most of us aren't using character sheets, and quite a few of us are playing the leaders of cities, so there's really no problem with you playing an Archbishop or whatever. We do have one limtation though, and that is that you have to be 6th gen and above. Check out the WoDencyclopedia thread I made, see who else is around, see where you might fit into things.

Tell us more about your char :)

Ashe Sieris
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:07:13 PM
well the 6th gen thing wont be a problem. but, as most sabbat do, she has more than just the normal 3 disciplines for a Lasombra. Her history is very long and drawn out. Basics are she was born in egypt, BC time. Was embraced the night Jesus was born. was in torper for a long time, participated in the Anarch Revolt and the creation of the sabbat, was in torper again for a few hundred years, eventualy woke up and at some point, diablerized (for no other reason than she didnt like him) the Arch Bishop of So Cal, and thus took over his job.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:14:42 PM
We haven't really put any limitations on when people can be born etc, so the whole history thing is fine... though I think we are trying to stick to the 3 disciplines per Clan concept. Not that it matters too much, since the whole WoD setting is more about stories and character development than power-stacking. Just use the old common sense rule, but I think we would probably prefer if you kept to 3. As for anything else, I'm sure someone will point it out if you are being unrealistic, unfair or whatever.

Not that much has been said about California, so far as Vampires go. We have established, though, that Pentex are there right now, ticking off the Garou by dumping stuff off of the beaches around Laguna and Orange County.

Our main Sabbat contingent is in Russia. There aren't too much Vampires active in the US, actually... Europe is where all the action is at. You might want to try and co-ordinate some stuff with Katarina Gordislava and Erzsebet, our resident Sababt head-honchos.

Ashe Sieris
Jun 12th, 2006, 06:46:26 PM
If you read through the sabbat book, it states that because of the rituals that most sabbat packs go through and the unity that the packs are required to have (aka the ritual that causes you to be blood bonded to each member of the pack), that they often share certain powers with each other, usualy keeping it to the basic disciplines like Celerity, Potence, Auspex and things like that. So at creation, Sabbat vampire learn 4 disciplines rather than 3.