PDA

View Full Version : A quick question

Tony Maxwell
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:26:56 PM
What does one do to get recruited into the Rebel Alliance?

Do I just need to start a topic in which my character is going to the Rebels to join them, or is the location of the Rebel base(s) a secret and therefore my character would need to get in contact with the Rebels first before he could secure a meeting with their more official members?

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:29:58 PM
Well, either A. You start as a Rebel or B. You can do a thread to get recruited. Up to you :)

Tony Maxwell
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:33:05 PM
Well, Tony has always been rebellious in nature, but is not a member of the Rebel Alliance, so I would like him to get recruited in.

I was thinking that Tony could have had contacts within the Rebel Alliance for some time now and is only now moving from a supportive stance to a more active one. So it would be within reason for him to be able to find the location of whatever secret or nonsecret bases the Rebel Alliance has and joining up.

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:36:20 PM
Well, contacts are different then members. Tony would not have any sort of clearance or knowledge of secret Rebel bases. All Rebel bases are secret otherwise the Empire would blow them up :) Knowing of maybe safe houses ... that's different.

Having a contact is fine tho. They would tell you were to meet up, discuss your joining and if a candidate bring you on in.

Ira Yahff
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:36:31 PM
Well, the thought is that they have no exact base, but possibly getting in contact with some of the faces of the Rebellion through PM could set up a contact for RP.

Just send a message to them, and work from there is what I would do.

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:37:14 PM
:: plays a Rebel ::

Discussing it here works too. Why we have this section ^^

Ira Yahff
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:41:02 PM
Well I just meant in trying to gain some person to play the contact. This way he could take a smooth entrance into it.

Tony Maxwell
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:41:49 PM
Okay, so maybe possessing information on a rebel base would be rather hard to get, especially since, as Jehkran pointed out, the Rebels really did not make very many land bases. They usually used large space vessels as mobile command bases, that way they were never pinned down in one place.

Perhap Tony could find a "circle" of rebels that one of the Rebel Officers was visiting in order to recruit a few of the rebel sympathizers, or something along those lines.

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:43:29 PM
That could work but wouldnt it be easier to have Tony be part of the circle of those that arent quite official rebels yet? :)

Tony Maxwell
Jun 8th, 2006, 08:50:46 PM
Yes, I guess that would work too. Tony could have organized his own little pocket of rebels, and then perhaps done something against the Empire to gain the attention of the Rebel Alliance.

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:04:20 PM
Okay, now we just need a what and a where and we can probably get something going?

What - What did Tony do to get attention

Where - Where thread is taking place ^^

Tony Maxwell
Jun 9th, 2006, 04:46:45 PM
Tony is located on Naboo: his homeplanet. Currently he is the president of Maxwellk Industries; a droid contruction company that is quite large on Naboo and has some influence on other planets.

Tony could have donated large amounts of money or, possibly, droids to the Rebel cause.

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 10th, 2006, 07:18:50 AM
The only last thing I see that needs to be adressed is that since Tony is very powerful and rich, obviously :), why would he openly be recruited into the Alliance instead of enjoying somewhat neutrality. Some Rebels would be suspicious ;)

Ira Yahff
Jun 10th, 2006, 09:29:19 AM
Maybe a possibly intervention on the Imperial's part in the industry he contains. Possibly attempting to take over, or muscle it's way on a Naboo level on the income so to further their marshall control presently.

That would definately be a reason for a buisness man to indulge himself in the war on a less neutral side. Not that all buisness men are selfish, but buisness comes first, eh?

Thats just one idea I have.

Tony Maxwell
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:30:19 PM
Yes, I had been thinking along the same lines that Jehkran just pointed out. The Empire would, being the government that it is, want to seize control of Maxwell Industries and use it's droid construction plants to make droids for the Empire, whether it be war droids or astromech droids, the factories are more then able to make just about any kind of droid, or in the chance that it can't it could be easily modified to work correctly.

So the Empire been stealing droids off of MI and Tony is sick of it. So he's been slowly giving away droids to the Rebels in small amounts so that the Empire won't notice.

Then the Empire decides it wants even more then the 50% or so of MI's droids and takes over the entire company and in the process tries to turn Tony into a puppet by threatening him in some fashion, such as killing him, killing his family, or taking something valuable away from him, such as kicking him out of MI for good.

So Tony is pissed off and quickly collects the wealth he's built up, and is rapidly loosing, and starts fully supporting the Rebel Alliance with money and droid donations.

Ira Yahff
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:33:46 PM
Well I dont see any large flaw in that idea. Provide a divine, unique and edgy background to the already rebellious character.

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:34:42 PM
Also, Miranda is going to be making public appearances to talk about the new volunteers that private citizens are going to do for the public. Maybe the new law, which is suppose to be mandatory :p, can be used against Tony to seize that 50% legally. If you want that is :) either way works just throwing out other ideas

^^

this should be a good thread. Now we just need the players and a general idea of how the thread goes and then post! :D

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 10th, 2006, 03:38:50 PM
whelp, I'm here if you need me.

Tony Maxwell
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:39:44 PM
I didn't think the Empire needed to be legal in order to ceize things. I know that Vader just kind of took what he wanted. I guess the Empire is more refined and precise now. No more random slaughter, except on tuesdays, eh? :D

Yes, once you get all that political stuffz done we can start roleplayin this out?

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 10th, 2006, 10:55:21 PM
Well, they dont have to be legal to seize things... they are making it look like it's a voluntary program when it isn't. It makes the Empire look the good guys ... sometimes a good PR campaign goes a long way into convincing people you aren't really evil ... tho you really are ;)

And it's already started. the political stuff. I just havent had a chance for Miranda to go on tour to propagate it

Tony Maxwell
Jun 29th, 2006, 06:46:23 PM
Okay, sorry for taking so long to post back in here. How soon do you think till Miranda takes her tour?

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 29th, 2006, 06:47:20 PM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40672

preparations are underway tho the tour hasnt officially started yet

Tony Maxwell
Jun 29th, 2006, 07:17:19 PM
Okay. Then please just notify me either via PM or a post in here to tell me when the preperations or done and the tour has begun.

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 8th, 2006, 11:08:35 AM
honestly you might as well start rolling with this because it's unclear when her tour is going to officially start. :)