PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Legacies of the Force I: Betrayal

Park Kraken
Jun 3rd, 2006, 02:18:44 PM
I picked the book up a couple of days ago and just recently finished reading it. It was a pretty good book in my estimation, it didn't start up so well, but as it wore on it began to get pretty good and ended on a no [don't subvert the swear filter] way note. With that I will reveal secrets below.

Ok, the main plotline here is that the Galatic Alliance is stamping down on goverments that are abusing their memberships, and the prime one doing this is Corellia, which is going for independence, but is still using all of the GA benefits of partnership. The GA decides to make an example of Corellia, a show of force, and by disabling centerpoint, which Thracken has re-activated by building a giant droid replica of Anakin. Jacen and Ben take out centerpoint, Jacen almost killing Thracken, and Ben destroying the Anakin replica. The GA fleet shows up, but is suprised by a Corellian fleet, and the GA Admiral, a bonkers Bothan commander, withdraws and launches a planetery assault that captures Tralus. WTF is up with all of these Bothan Admirals commanding GA fleets? At least Pelleaon is supreme military commander of the GA.

Anyways as the book wears on the Corellian and GA diplomats meet on a station to try to end this thing in a hurry, but Corellian assassins hired by Thracken assassinate the Five World PM of Corellia.

As far as the Jedi plots go, Zekk and Jaina are still together and moving torwards marriage, and for later in the book, Jacen, Ben, and Nenila team up to try to unroot a Sith holdout cell that they think is behind the attacks, but their guide turns out to be the Dark Lady Lumiya, who, using her powers, makes Ben and Jacen fight images of Mara and Luke, while on Coruscant, Luke and Mara are fighting Ben and Jacen, with their blows impacting on one another. Anyways, Mara kicks Ben's butt and knocks him out, and Jacen stalemates against Luke. Lumiya then convinces Jacen to take up Sith teachings and become a Dark Lord of the Sith. To prevent anyone from knowing about this happening, Jacen kills Nenila in cold blood (which is why I don't like Jacen now, since I was starting to like Nenila).

Other character plots, Han, Leia, and Wedge all team up to help the Corellians, and in a number of incidents, GA pilots Jaina Solo and Syal Antillies almost end up shooting their own fathers down, and likewise in reverse. Some of the Jedi may support the Corellians, but so far ones like Corran Horn remain loyal to the GA, which BTW Corran is not nearly as wimpy in this book as he was in Dark Nest.

And that's about it for now.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 3rd, 2006, 05:16:23 PM
So Jacen, has fallen to the Dark Side?? And become a Sith?

Jedieb
Jun 3rd, 2006, 08:50:05 PM
I usually get these books the Tuesday they come out, but I still haven't trudged over to the bookstore yet. Another 9 book series, ugh. Who am I kidding, I'll probably have the book by the end of next week.

Park Kraken
Jun 4th, 2006, 10:53:20 AM
Sorry, wasn't purposley subverting the filter, was just expressing my emotions concerning the book.

Yeah pretty much, the way Lumiya talked him into it was pretty sweet, and he was a ripe candidate, thanks to his beliefs concerning the Unifying force and the teachings Vergere gave to him. The way he's thinking right now, is that by taking up Sith teachings, he is basically gaining an in depth glance to all aspects of the Unifying Force