PDA

View Full Version : Attention Empire and Jedi

Serena Laran
Jun 2nd, 2006, 10:23:27 AM
We were kicking around some storylines that would make it easier for the Jedi to roleplay in our universe and this one seems to be one that might work.

As the Empire grows strong again there may be a renewed interest in making sure Force users are dead. Perhaps some scientist in ImpIntel has discovered how to use the old Jedi Order's midichlorian count things and it becomes a political hot point to begin testing children to weed out Force sensitivity all together.

The slaughter of innocents would bring the existing Jedi together as they would want to find these force sensitive children first and protect them. OR kill the baddies. :)Just an idea.

Discuss!

Khendon Sevon
Jun 2nd, 2006, 10:25:17 AM
The slaughter of innocents you say? Count me in.

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 2nd, 2006, 03:00:51 PM
I can get involved as the twinnies.... ^^ Just Miranda has to not know about Lianna for as long as possible.

Tiberius Anar
Jun 2nd, 2006, 03:58:37 PM
Happy to help on the political end of things.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 2nd, 2006, 10:29:03 PM
Anar, we can lay the groundwork in Rally Round, if you like. I don't know if the existance of such a program is something that Anar would throw into his speech to garner political support from the masses, but it *might* be. Or maybe afterwards someone will hand him a bulletin about the new possibilities of locating Force sensitives even before they manifest their abilities...

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 3rd, 2006, 10:36:20 AM
since this is to help the Jedi get back to being active, I think a plan is in order.

A sequence of events for those that want to participate. that way, there is a general outline that is free for people to do what they want but still have an obtainable goal in mind. A beginning, middle and end if you will ^^

that way it might help so this idea doesnt fizzle and die once we get it rolling

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:10:47 PM
Well first we'd need the Empire deciding they want to pursue rooting out the so-called Jedi Gene, and eradicating it. Then they'd have to start doing it, most likely starting by scanning all infants born in Imperial run hospitals and making those that test positive... disappear. It would escalate from there to culling in orphanages, street children, and then eventually a forced test in schools or something.

*shudder* it's chilling

Serena Laran
Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:21:50 PM
Oh oh, or maybe they'll make little kid concentration camps and then kill them in bunches. :uhoh

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:34:15 PM
I think that is the chillingest thought of them all :(

Akrabbim
Jun 3rd, 2006, 03:23:02 PM
Since I thought we were against midichlorians, how about using that machine that Luke found in the lower levels of Coruscant? You pass a couple of wands over someone, and it makes a read-out on them to tell you their Force aptitude and alignment. Since Luke died at the Death Star this go-round, how about we let some Imps find it, thus giving them the tools to start the genocide?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 3rd, 2006, 05:02:04 PM
I don't like that creation even more than the midichlorians. Might as well stick to canon IMO.

We have never outlawed midichlorians from RP. And, they don't even have to be named.

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 3rd, 2006, 05:14:11 PM
we kinda said that people could ignore midichlorians if you wanted to but didnt ban it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 3rd, 2006, 05:40:14 PM
The Imperials might have some other name for it anyway. And who knows but those infamous paddles might be reading midiclorian counts anyway. :p

Ira Yahff
Jun 3rd, 2006, 06:31:23 PM
I definately want my character involved. He is not fully aware at this point that he is Force Sensitive, so I back any outline that could incoporate him.

Wait...hehe, that sounded selfish. Well I back any idea that works, basically :).

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 3rd, 2006, 06:35:55 PM
http://www.jediknight.net/3do/download/32.gif *giggle*

Jecht Tar
Jun 3rd, 2006, 06:38:01 PM
LOL!

Adraudia Basillie
Jun 3rd, 2006, 06:48:22 PM
oh good lord :lol

Estelle Russard
Jun 3rd, 2006, 09:51:01 PM
My character could find her way into this I think, being a part of the Rebel Alliance.

It would be nice to get back into things having some idea about what I should be doing :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:09:10 AM
Originally posted by Serena Laran
Oh oh, or maybe they'll make little kid concentration camps and then kill them in bunches. :uhoh

I could see Vega being in charge of this sort of thing, once he meets up with Khendon (very soon hopefuly).

Naysheta
Jun 4th, 2006, 09:05:19 AM
Well anything would pull Naysheta into the fray if it gave her a chance to meet other Jedi or her lost Master.

Karl Valten
Jun 4th, 2006, 10:02:10 AM
Hmm, this could be kind of interesting. The Inquisitoriate would be the main "let's-kill-the-jedi" looneys. At the moment we're in the process of signing a truce with the sith.

With the sith and the Empire working with each other once again instead of killing each other, both groups will have more time to spend hunting the jedi.

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 4th, 2006, 10:14:07 AM
truce with the Empire and the Sith?

once again the Jedi and the Rebellion stands little chance on the boards >_>

funny how things come full circle

Morgan Evanar
Jun 4th, 2006, 10:37:05 AM
I don't see a truce working really well. I'd like to see the Sith and Empire sort of playing each other and stabbing each other in the back.

The Vader and the Emperor hunted EVERYTHING Force sensitive down. That included a lot of Dark Jedi and wanna-be Sith. You guys are gonna kiss and make up that easily? Remember, the population is deep in Dark Ages thinking about Force users.

"What do we do with witches?"
"BURN THEM!"

Karl Valten
Jun 4th, 2006, 11:25:42 AM
True, but like I said, it's a truce not an alliance. This was going to be in preperation for Khendon's coup of the Empire. Karl Valten is leading the part of the Inquisitoriate that sides with Khendon. A lot of resources are tied up in hunting down force adepts. He wants to free up those resources for what he beleives to be a higher cause at the moment. Keeping the Empire for splitting apart. After the coup there'll be no need for an armistice.

A complete alliance and even a prolonged truce wouldn't be feasible anyway. The hatred for each other runs too deep.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 4th, 2006, 11:49:06 AM
If you're planning on stopping hunting force adepts then this plan won't work, because that IS the plan.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 4th, 2006, 12:33:58 PM
Now my head hurts :|

Lamar Starworth
Jun 4th, 2006, 12:53:20 PM
Aslong as my character has some involvement in this. This would definately be some room for some character development, which hasn't happened lately at all for him.

Yurza Magus
Jun 4th, 2006, 02:03:51 PM
I think what he is saying is that instead of the Inq hunting down the Force adepts all the time, they are going to have the Sith do it to free some of thier resources for a time being. The Sith in return would be granted a kind of emunity for the time being.

Then when they have done whatever they want to do have the Sith and Empire back at each others throats. Atleast that's what I got out of what Karl just said and our previous talks.

Tiberius Anar
Jun 4th, 2006, 03:19:14 PM
Also, it is the Inquistorate making the deal not the Empire. Each branch of the Empire has its own agenda and methods- especially when the Emperor isn't around to sort out the squabbles and set the policies to be pursued and then he would only be of use when a matter got his attention. The Empire's a lot more chaotic than we like to think. So there is hope for the Rebels yet- just a little.>D

Sanis Prent
Jun 4th, 2006, 10:36:53 PM
As long as there's plenty of Nazi-esque Occult Science to be done. I've been waiting to do more stuff with Colonel Karrnage :D

Man, I'm glad we're taking the Empire back to the moustache twirling, goose stepping space nazis that they're supposed to be.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 4th, 2006, 11:03:40 PM
You can post to LEM, you know. ;)

Sanis Prent
Jun 5th, 2006, 12:52:17 AM
I have no idea what to do in that right now. I mean, I could hit you over the head with a rock, but I'm at a loss really.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2006, 12:27:06 PM
I dunno, tell Esalis that this isn't working and that you need to try something more drastic. Like tying her up to a table, or something worse. Whips, chains... weird medical equipment with unknown functions...

Sorsha Kasajian
Jun 5th, 2006, 02:51:19 PM
Oooooohhhh :mneh

Me! Me! Torture Me! :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 5th, 2006, 03:46:22 PM
whoa whoa, torture?

Hopeless sub checking in, kind madames and sirs ^_^;

Sanis Prent
Jun 5th, 2006, 04:31:19 PM
Originally posted by Loklorien s'Ilancy
whoa whoa, torture?

Hopeless sub checking in, kind madames and sirs ^_^;

:o Don't talk like that here!

:spank

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 5th, 2006, 04:59:17 PM
back on track please..... ^^

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 6th, 2006, 12:08:01 AM
I think there isn't much ground work to lay for this to work. We only need the Empire's go-ahead, which they've given, and then we can even NPC Imperials ourselves in our RPs. If the Empire has characters who want to get involved that's great too, I just don't think we should corner ourselves into waiting for an initial 'ground work' roleplay to be started and completed.

On the side of the Rebellion once I get my next roleplay with Serena Laran started I can roleplay that they have gotten wind of such an operation, which would let Serena know about it. Grace and Dasquian would be a part of this roleplay as well.

Tiberius Anar
Jun 6th, 2006, 04:27:30 AM
I agree with LD. Don't let yourselves get cornered in waiting for prepatory threads, just jump in an start RPing. If you wish I can always do a post to get things rolling in which some official in the hierarchy gets the information on how to identify force sensitives and then you can go from there. Like the teaser to a TV episode; you see an incident that takes less than five minutes and then jump from that to something else and the link between the two is established as you go along.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 6th, 2006, 05:56:00 AM
I'll be implying a similar gene war in the Urns of Korriban thread :)

Karl Valten
Jun 6th, 2006, 08:46:52 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I think there isn't much ground work to lay for this to work. We only need the Empire's go-ahead, which they've given, and then we can even NPC Imperials ourselves in our RPs. If the Empire has characters who want to get involved that's great too, I just don't think we should corner ourselves into waiting for an initial 'ground work' roleplay to be started and completed.

Aye, go right ahead.

Ira Yahff
Jun 17th, 2006, 08:05:07 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Well first we'd need the Empire deciding they want to pursue rooting out the so-called Jedi Gene, and eradicating it. Then they'd have to start doing it, most likely starting by scanning all infants born in Imperial run hospitals and making those that test positive... disappear. It would escalate from there to culling in orphanages, street children, and then eventually a forced test in schools or something.

*shudder* it's chilling

I was wondering if it would be possible that the Empire has been doing this since the Jedi Purge offically ended (5 Years BE) and it is starting to show with all those things you threw out. A 5 year cut back would mean a lot of toddlers not walking around on the streets, orphanages and such.

And presently they could start doing the "Force Test" in school, making it public. I dont know, just an idea I wanted to throw out there now that I'm re-reading over it all.

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 17th, 2006, 08:11:59 PM
What you are suggesting would kinda mess up what I already posted in my thread with Vishan and Soolin :\

Ira Yahff
Jun 17th, 2006, 08:14:32 PM
I should have suggested it earlier.

Okay, I'll just run with the idea already out.

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 20th, 2006, 08:13:33 AM
Actually, I realized something and I still think your idea could work...just not to the extent you were suggesting.

They are ready to perform the tests in mass because of what happened the Emperor and Vader because a 'Jedi' killed them. Maybe there were debates on making it mandatory and it was held up until now!

Of course, in secret, they were doing tests in the core words at the very least and testing every political and military assets since the Emperor wouldnt want icky Force users in his regime .. unless they are part of the Inquistorate ;)

Lamar Starworth
Jun 20th, 2006, 04:11:27 PM
That gives me an idea to work within one of my threads.