PDA

View Full Version : Our Proposal

Lianna Mal Pannis
May 31st, 2006, 01:52:41 PM
With everyone wanting to play different types of Jedi, which is a good thing :D and the fact that the time period makes it hard to be a Jedi, it was a challenge to think of a way to have everyone happy as players, and as characters.

The goal is to eventually get everyone together in some form that makes sense IC and OOC

So ... We thought it might be good to break the Jedi down into three 'types'. They are very versatile and those that have played KOTOR know these quite well

Guardian - Jedi Guardians battle against the forces of evil and the the Dark Side. They focus on combat training and masterful use of the lightsabre. They are the "first line of defense" against groups like the Sith.

Consular - Jedi Consulars seek to bring balance to the universe. They focus on mental disciplines and mastery of the Force. While very powerful, they often focus on the "big picture," and take a more philisopical stance on important matters.

Sentinel - Jedi Sentinels work to ferret out deceit and injustice and are dedicated to helping others. They strike a balance between the physical and mental disciplines of Jedi training. In addition, they also undergo diplomatic training, often serving as ambassadors or working within government to serve the interests of the people and the Jedi.

It would be easy to have the Jedi fall in line with one of these archetypes but still have the flexibility of being your own character. It also takes in account for those Jedi that do not wish to be tied down at 'home', so to speak.

For a Council that will inevitably come, I think equal representatives who are active and from all of the classes would make a doable Council.

As for Rank. Everyone would start off as a Padawan unless they are carrying over rank from the restart (and must have proof). If however they do not have such ability, then to be Knighted, your Master has to show the Jedi (OOC approval until a Council is created) training threads and character development threads. In a nutshell, how we did it before

Master Rank shall be done by an IC trial after the Character deems to be worthy (Activity, Training, Character Threads etc ... ) Master rank is not to be giving out on a whim, especially in this timeline. It's always been a title that is given to those deserving.

Lastly, we need a plotline to get us all together eventually.

Serena Laran
May 31st, 2006, 02:41:39 PM
Serena would be considered a Jedi Consular.

AND, I like the ideas:D

Kyle Krogen
May 31st, 2006, 03:55:31 PM
Kyle would be a Jedi Guardian.

As for a plotline: Bringing my academy into the grander works of things will prove rather difficult. We just set up and we won't be drifting off planet for awhile, mostly because we don't want to draw any attention by lifting off from a previously deserted area (The locals might call the Empire)

What I think we need is a Jedi who's taken it upon him/herself to gather up all the jedi and then bright them back together under one roof. This is basically what I had originally wanted to do with Kyle, but do to the lack of interest in ressurecting the Jedi Order at that time I ended up settling him down and starting his own little academy instread.

So, our options is we could continue of this storyline I started with Kyle. He could go out and start gathering up Jedi and bringing them to Naboo. Now whether the temple on Naboo becomes the Jedi's permanant base or not is still up in the air, frankly I don't think it would be suitable for a larger group of Jedi.

Well, thats my two cense.

Wyl Staedtler
May 31st, 2006, 03:56:03 PM
Very tidy and clear. :thumbup

Serena Laran
May 31st, 2006, 04:02:35 PM
cents, two cents. :)

Lianna Mal Pannis
May 31st, 2006, 04:06:25 PM
Lianna has been in search of other Jedi as well. Just there is a side plot now so she can visit her mother IC. She was eventually going to run into Morgan and then go from there.

However, having one person gather the Jedi is too much like a messiah complex IMO :lol Plus realistically, having it be one person isn't fair to everyone else. It's like they're the 'chosen one' or something and every Jedi is different. Kyle's approach to things, or Lianna's approach to things etc will not appeal to every Jedi. Also, OOC wise ... if that one person doesn't post, everyone suffers.

We need to do something -together- .. A galactic event of some kind was mentioned before to bring the Jedi together. That way all can get involved for a reason and possible stick together afterwards ...

Thanks Serena and Wyl. Give props to Figgy for helping out :)

Kyle Krogen
May 31st, 2006, 04:09:07 PM
What about a Darkside outbreak? That would be sure to draw attention. If we had a few darksiders (Either IC sith or NPC sith) causing trouble on some outer-rim planet (Has to be outer-rim or the empire would step in) then that could send a shockwave through the force and a couple independent jedi coudl show up on this planet, bump into eat other, team up, and throttle the sithies.

So, if this is another two cents then does that mean I have four cents?

Soolin Anjhurin
May 31st, 2006, 04:11:33 PM
Not sure yet how Soolin is going to get integrated, but I'm working on it.

Morgan Evanar
May 31st, 2006, 07:31:12 PM
Originally posted by Lianna Mal Pannis
However, having one person gather the Jedi is too much like a messiah complex IMO :lol Plus realistically, having it be one person isn't fair to everyone else. I'm not the Messiah! /Brian

Seriously I don't know where Morgan would fall, but given his developing and existing skillsets, probably Sentinel.

Also, yeah, event. Event good.

Ridwan Vars
May 31st, 2006, 10:31:18 PM
I would say that my character for the most part holds a Jedi Guardian style or archetype. Not that he does not still hold the diplomatic traits renown in the earlier Old Republic age.

:)

And I'm completely oblivious as to how we would take any sort of stand in getting together.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 1st, 2006, 03:30:20 AM
Originally posted by Serena Laran
Serena would be considered a Jedi Consular.

AND, I like the ideas:D

That handy, because Daria is a Consular too - and if I remember right you were thinking of having them meet through Dasquian/Grace somehow...

Serena Laran
Jun 1st, 2006, 12:12:29 PM
Well and Morgan is with Serena and so it stands to reason that Lianna meets Morgan meets Serena meets Daria.

The way they should be orgainized IC I think would be more like a terrorist group - little cells all over the place as opposed to everyone in one place. Once we can establish IC relationships between Jedi there will be a loose network created and then we can call our first Enclave meeting to get them all together IC, if only for one RP.

Right now it seems we have two pockets of Jedi, Serena's group and Kyle's group on Naboo. Of course, Morgan doesn't know he's Jedi material yet, but hopefully we can figure out how to work that in soon.

Serena's group is on their way to the Rebel Alliance where they will meet Dasquian and Grace the Rebel spies, who know about the existance of Daria and Wyl. Morgan is going to meet Lianna at some point. And it shouldn't be a problem for one of Kyle's Jedi to accidentally meet up with Serena or any of the other Jedi.

As the Empire grows strong again there may be a renewed interest in making sure Force users are dead. Perhaps some scientist in ImpIntel has discovered how to use the old Jedi Order's midichlorian count things and it becomes a political hot point to begin testing children to weed out Force sensitivity all together.

The slaughter of innocents would bring the existing Jedi together as they would want to find these force sensitive children first and protect them. OR kill the baddies. :) Just an idea.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 1st, 2006, 12:36:07 PM
That makes sense... and IIRC it was part of the reason we were taking Wyl away from his mother in the first place, because she was worried that it would be found out that he was Force Sensitive, so the Imps would take him away. Or maybe I am just imagining that?

Either way, it gets two thumbs up from me.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Jun 1st, 2006, 03:21:19 PM
:D

I loves the idea Serana

Serena Laran
Jun 1st, 2006, 04:14:43 PM
Should we suggest it to the Imperials, aka Miranda Tarkin and Tiberius Anar? ;)

I'm sure Miranda has found out already. :mneh

Lianna Mal Pannis
Jun 1st, 2006, 04:21:43 PM
Course there are some of the Inquisitors that are Force Sensitive... if anything Khendon, when he becomes Emperor, would want some lackeys around ;)

But of course the cleansing of the Jedi 'gene' would be a source of great interest to the Empire.

Oh wait, was that Miranda talking :eek

I'm sure Anar would like the idea as well as the other Imps. I can PM him and perhaps Khendon if the rest of us like the idea too

Serena Laran
Jun 1st, 2006, 04:29:17 PM
Khendon might like the thought of having a monopoly on the Jedi gene pool. Kill most of them, yes, but keep a few imprisoned in an orphanage somewhere for his own private use when they get old enough. Or something. *plots*

Vishan Korogoth
Jun 1st, 2006, 04:31:04 PM
Exactly what I was thinking :)

Soolin Anjhurin
Jun 2nd, 2006, 07:40:26 AM
forgot, Soolin fits into the Guardian class best. :)

Serena Laran
Jun 2nd, 2006, 10:24:39 AM
Posted the idea in the RPing discussion forum for maximum visibilty so we can get a good discussion from the Empire guys that the Jedi can take part in.

Jacen
Jun 2nd, 2006, 10:36:25 AM
I'm thinking Jacen would be a Sentinal. As for him getting integrated into the Jedi, well right now he is kind of a slave for the Inq and is being forced to hunt the Sith for some kind of treaty between the two. I was hoping that prehaps someone could kind of rescue him or atleast bump into him and offer him a helping hand should he try annd escape because right now that is the last thing in his mind cause he doesn't have anywhere to go.

Soolin Anjhurin
Jun 2nd, 2006, 10:46:15 AM
Oddly enough, Soolin & Vishan (may) be turning up on Corellia soon, but I need to check with Vish about that.

Vishan Korogoth
Jun 2nd, 2006, 03:06:14 PM
Yes we will. We'll be on Corellia for a short time before Vishan finds out his old squad leader has been transfered to Coruscant.

Also, I shall humbly follow my Master's path as a Guardian

Ridwan Vars
Jun 2nd, 2006, 11:17:49 PM
At this point I dont know for sure how I'm going to get Ridwan into the mix at all. He is definately at a lost, and hoping to find someone of the Jedi heritage the continue his training, but has yet to find anyone.

Any ideas? I'm basically back to square one with him, with a lot of options but no clear understanding of what those options are.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Jun 3rd, 2006, 10:37:25 AM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=759345#post759345

all Jedi post your thoughts here in this forum and there. We can everyone involved someway :)

Kyle Krogen
Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:09:55 PM
Ridwan, if you want you could get "sucked" into Kyle's academy on Naboo. Training sessions have not begun yet but they will start eventually. Kyle could go off planet for "supplies" and run into Ridwan, or Ridwan could sense the jedi on Naboo and come in to investigate.

Or you could just wait for the whole mass reunion thingy...

Serena Laran
Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:20:33 PM
once people start trying to rescue the force sensitive children and babies we're bound to end up bumping into each other. :) IMO

Rayna Eclipse
Jun 4th, 2006, 10:14:08 AM
Rayna falls into the category of Guardian. Just before she comes to Naboo she took a role in the invasion of Korriban headed by Alexia Sturkov, though she has no friendly ties with her. Her actions involved (or currently being rped out) a poisoning of Jorshal Vuntana and combating both him and Tarsis.

I've been roleplaying her at a knight level, though she never really earned it, I've been retconning it as I go. The reason for this is that she was originally a supporting character intended to fuel a story for my now deceased character Southstar, but I liked her enough to give her a starring role. I'm open to doing a few training threads custom to the character should everyone deem it neccessary, though I'd rather continue to retcon it. If the heads of this Jedi revival would PM me or something soon, I'd be grateful.

Also, she's going to form up with Kyle's group on Naboo, though I think I implied this already. I also would like to express my advocation of a unity between the two groups. Fact is: even if I doesn't make sense IC for a solid group to exist, it's essential for those interested in having a Jedi character to have somewhere to go. I believe that the lack of structure here is the chief cause behind this late formation of Jedi characters, no offense intended towards its architects.

So that's my more-than-two cents, but I am looking forward towards seeing the Jedi faction thrive on these boards and hope to take an integral part.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Jun 4th, 2006, 10:33:33 AM
Confused about the Jedi Knight things. Are you transferring rank?

There was no lack of structure. It was the plotline that really did it in and we all knew that going in that playing a Jedi would be tough. That was the cause of no formal group, but that is changing. :)

Anyway, hashing this out is pointless. We're moving forward and getting everyone involved. We're eventually going to be a single group ... just need to get there and have it make sense. Also there is no two groups of Jedi. We're all converging slowly.

Adia Issoris
Jun 4th, 2006, 10:41:50 AM
There are no two groups. There are scattered Jedi in various degrees of scattered-ness.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jun 4th, 2006, 08:27:54 PM
I guess I'd play Anbira as a Sentinel class. He's got a tough build and he was formerly in the military so I figure that he'd at least give a little proficiency to the arts of combat.

But really, he's more of a gospel Jedi I suppose. I think that with a head full of old dead Jedi spirits filling him full of things, he'd be the sort that would be compelled to help people with things both mundane and spiritual. Sort of a Parables of Christ sort of thing, but with no other strings attached.

I really want to stress the spirit and nature of a Jedi with him, and keep the use of powers to a minimum. He should be discrete and live simply, because I think that's what a Jedi is about when you boil him down to the fundamentals.

Rayna Eclipse
Jun 5th, 2006, 11:46:11 AM
Confused about the Jedi Knight things. Are you transferring rank?

Not transferring rank, I created this character as an NPC and created her at knight level a couple years ago to suit the purposes of a story line. She had not previously earned the knight level with anyone involved with the Jedi Order of the time, however, I rped out some training threads in a closed thread detailing training recently. I would assume it is allowed as a group cannot be founded upon, realistically IC, padawans, but I'm not exactly the authority here.

Serena Laran
Jun 5th, 2006, 12:31:19 PM
You'll need to supply links to your training thread and it would be up to the moderators if your rank is allowed. It is against the rules to simply create characters at knight or master level, though I realize you did it as an NPC for a specific story before the reset. If you had a rank to be transferred from before the reset it would be different, of course.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Jun 5th, 2006, 12:34:10 PM
RP out training threads as part of the NPC backstory or part of the reset?

When I have more information and links we'll make a decision.

edit - though thinking on it more, to RP threads out just to get a Knight rank doesn't sit right with me personally.

Rayna Eclipse
Jun 5th, 2006, 07:49:42 PM
^ I agree, I never really liked the concept of simply writing to get rank over roleplaying to get it, these are roleplaying boards after all.

I'm game for some training threads, my only reserve is that I don't think they'll ever get finished. Thread survival rate on these boards is in the single digit percentages I think, :) But on second thought, those I see heading this thread are names I can recognize as having been around for a good while, so maybe something will pan out.

And just a thought: could we tie the rank issue into the IC story, something as a character tension between Rayna and whomever?

Lianna Mal Pannis
Jun 5th, 2006, 07:54:30 PM
Rank tension could be cool ... interesting idea just not sure who would have a beef with your character. I know mine wouldn't ^^

And damnit... this thread WILL happen ... :grumble if it takes too long like the first thread to kick start the new timeline, we're just going to do something on our end. Otherwise, it wouldnt be fair to all of you, though I am giving the Empire time to get something going in regards to the weeding out of Force Sensitives

Rayna Eclipse
Jun 5th, 2006, 09:38:15 PM
Out of curiosity, but what are we waiting on? Just the Empire or are we all waiting on the Naboo thread to conclude as well?

Also, was a final gathering plot decided upon?

(I may have read it already and forgotten, correct me if so!)

Lianna Mal Pannis
Jun 5th, 2006, 09:55:35 PM
No, not the Naboo thread. Just the Empire going ahead with 'the cleansing' of Force Sensitives.

Main plot? simple. A single thread where the Jedi come together to fight against the Empire's insanity. There are some trying to get the collectively tiny companions into bigger ones.

Lianna/Adia meeting up with Fewdy/Serana ... possibly Vishan/Soolin

Naboo camp

S'il is doing her own thing far as I can tell ;)

Anbira is around

then there are people trying to find a niche, like Ridan and Jacen. We just need to work them in.

Serena Laran
Jun 6th, 2006, 12:04:11 AM
We could theoretically walk into a trap. The Empire goes ahead with it's plans (or a section of the Empire does, as Anar pointed out they don't work together all that great despite appearances), and then some cunning operative sets a trap for any who might try to liberate some youngsters. Vishan and Soolin might take the bait along with Serena and Morgan, and they would meet there by accident.

We have ways of making anything work. :) Well, almost anything.

Kyle Krogen
Jun 6th, 2006, 02:15:38 PM
Well, this is kind of a step away from what we have planned thus far, but if we ever wanted to do a Jedi vs Darkside then my character Alexia Sturkov is always around to unleash havok on the galaxy. She has created an army of mutants designed for fighting force users and she would be using them to hunt down force users and kill them. So we could have a tumble with her sometime (Perhaps in the case that this idea with the empire doesn't work out)

Just a bit more of my coinage.

Serena Laran
Jun 6th, 2006, 02:34:56 PM
what what what? this isn't X-men. :)

I think the idea with the empire is working just fine. I only have a small hangup called Mark standing in my way before I can start a new RP with Serena. :)

Lianna Mal Pannis
Jun 6th, 2006, 03:24:37 PM
Yeah army of mutants? Star wars... we're in star wars ^^

Serana - Sounds cool :D

:: kicks mark ::

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 6th, 2006, 03:26:57 PM
shall we starting adding what class people are to the member list, perhaps? :)

Soolin Anjhurin
Jun 6th, 2006, 03:35:13 PM
hai. make it so. ;)

Kyle Krogen
Jun 6th, 2006, 03:42:03 PM
Not mutants as in the X-Men sense. Mutants as in the sense that they have been mutated from what they were. Pretty much just genetically altered/manipulated humans made through a form of flash cloning. I'm not going to go into details, but if you want to look into it then just read through some of Alexia Sturkov's more recent threads, also it is this army of mutants that is wiping out the sith order.

Yes, a list would be nice. Danke Jen.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 6th, 2006, 03:44:19 PM
I think the Empire idea we have so far is pretty sound. It's simple, it doesn't rely on any one person (or even a group of people), so anyone can really run with it, no matter who or where they are.

Originally posted by Soolin Anjhurin
hai. make it so. ;)

Done for everyone who has picked a class so far!

Lianna Mal Pannis
Jun 6th, 2006, 04:05:10 PM
Thanks Jen!

Kyle - That's fine but honestly, what did you expect when someone says army of mutants :mneh

Serena Laran
Jun 6th, 2006, 04:44:56 PM
I want Magneto to join the Jedi Order. :D

Ridwan Vars
Jun 6th, 2006, 07:16:24 PM
I just want to get a better understanding. So if the whole situation went down where the young Force Sensitive would be altered, how would it affect those who aren't Padawan exactly?

Although a rectified Jedi would step in and do something about it, what about those that are extremely hesitant about being sighted in this time where its a large possibility for Jedi hunts.

Albeit Jedi are courageous beings, they are very intelligent and cunning. Just asking, because I know that one of my characters by taking a stand at this point could easily be taken off the map in a minute.

Serena Laran
Jun 6th, 2006, 07:40:50 PM
who's being altered? What is a rectified Jedi?

Ridwan Vars
Jun 6th, 2006, 07:57:38 PM
Aren't the Force Sensitive children being placed in a camp or having their genes altered.

My fault, blah. I mean, a straight-laced Jedi.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Jun 6th, 2006, 09:32:58 PM
No genes altered. Just dead. Scientists just figured out a way to scientifically find Force Sensitives.

Rayna Eclipse
Jun 6th, 2006, 11:15:15 PM
I'd just like to recommend that our forming thread should be a little more closed. For one, if there's too many people, odds are someone will stop posting and the whole thread will halt. Secondly, I favor an NPC villian over an rped one. With an NPC villian we can have a definitive end to it and negotiations won't stand in the way of posting or the story.

Not that I'm saying the Empire isn't a bad villian, I'd rather have a villian that we can control and shape to the story rather than leaving it to chance. Could we NPC part of the Empire?

We've done a number of threads over at TSO like this and they proved to have a much higher survival rate than other threads and I thought maybe this experience would be valuble to this critical thread.

Serena Laran
Jun 7th, 2006, 01:19:29 AM
That's the basic idea, yes, as I (or perhaps LD) suggested in the thread in RPing discussion. We would not wait for the Empire to PC characters or lay the ground work, but go ahead and NPC members of the Empire in our RPs.

I don't think there will be one "forming thread," but probably many. We are still a long ways away from roleplaying a Jedi alliance, IMO.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Jun 7th, 2006, 08:35:51 AM
I agree... having too many people that arent around eachother without having a definitive goal to reaching one another is going to either crowd the thread too much with who is where and be confusing, or bury people who are waiting for people to post.

it would be more managable to have the threads listed here with who will be in it and where the thread shall go and then lead. outlines are good ^^

Serena Laran
Jun 7th, 2006, 02:00:22 PM
http://swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40596 like this?

Lianna Mal Pannis
Jun 7th, 2006, 02:22:20 PM
^^

Aye!

Rayna Eclipse
Jun 7th, 2006, 08:21:35 PM
So are we limiting the entries to the timeline to just group excursions or individual actions as well? Rayna has been acting independently so far.

Serena Laran
Jun 7th, 2006, 09:01:28 PM
any roleplay that effects the Jedi should be added. The Jedi individually or as a whole.

Vishan Korogoth
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:46:50 PM
since nothing has happened cept more Jediy build up ... shall we have a post state the plans of the Empire or begin threads with Jedi hearing the news?

I just dont want this to diiiiie!

Ridwan Vars
Jun 12th, 2006, 05:52:57 PM
I'm definately with you Vishan. I'm eager to start posting about the news breaking out so we can head toward a centre of RPing with Jedi.

I've yet to be around any other Jedi...well besides two, since my arrival here and I have about four Force Sensitive characters.

Serena Laran
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:24:56 AM
my thread is progressing and Serena will be hearing the news very soon from some top intelligence agents from the Rebellion. I don't see why other people can't start hearing about it also..?

Vishan Korogoth
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:05:11 PM
hmm .... i'll think I'll incoporate that as well in my thread with soolin.

We are going to be heading to corellia once our current thread is done. We can include others if you want .. Ridwan.. want to meet us there somehow?

Ridwan Vars
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:39:43 PM
I'm interested, but I'm awaiting a response to my other RPing request before I take any other ventures. Until then Im pending, heh.

Vishan Korogoth
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:53:27 PM
I know Michele Hawkins :p

I'm giving you another option with this character of mine instead of Lianna ^^

Ridwan Vars
Jun 13th, 2006, 03:56:23 PM
Oh, wait? Huh?

Hehe. I'll have to see when the options begin to play out.

Vishan Korogoth
Jun 13th, 2006, 08:20:13 PM
Was a joke is all ... I'm Lianna/Michele/Vishan ;)

Ridwan Vars
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:04:33 PM
Really? What?

Man, I'm at a total lost. Well, I dont know, I'll have to think about which character I would want to deal with. A girl always sounds better than a guy in the end tho--hehe.

Well...I'll think about the open options and get back to you.

Serena Laran
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:06:31 PM
Just so you don't get too deep in confusion: Lianna is a female Jedi Knight, Vishan is a male Jedi Padawan, and Michele isn't used for SW roleplay at all.

So really, just two options. :)

Ridwan Vars
Jun 13th, 2006, 10:16:49 PM
Thanks, but I knew that...at least I think (hehe).

Well! Im leaning toward the Lianna side because she is a Jedi Knight. Better to be broken in by someone of higher knowledge. Plus, she's a girl!

:)

Vishan Korogoth
Jun 14th, 2006, 08:51:11 AM
:lol

thanks Serena ... and don't worry Ridwan. I can't keep track of myself all the time either ^_^;

Ridwan Vars
Jun 14th, 2006, 10:42:24 AM
Yah, I know Michele, heh.

Soolin Anjhurin
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:43:27 PM
We're off to Corellia now. No idea what we're doing yet, but that's where we're going.

Ridwan Vars
Jun 14th, 2006, 03:46:17 PM
Best to post the finished thread in Timeline since were all heading to a reformation of the Jedi Order.

Vishan Korogoth
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:10:52 AM
it already is there :)

Lianna Mal Pannis
Jun 15th, 2006, 07:19:04 AM
hah... well it was there. I must've deleted it when I added the Assassin ... thread >_<

Ira Yahff
Jun 17th, 2006, 07:16:20 PM
So, now we can start making reference to the Story Arc in our threads so that we can lead into the actual climax.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Jun 17th, 2006, 07:20:44 PM
Originally posted by Serena Laran
my thread is progressing and Serena will be hearing the news very soon from some top intelligence agents from the Rebellion. I don't see why other people can't start hearing about it also..?

Yes ^^

Axius Keldara
Jun 17th, 2006, 07:52:30 PM
Sorry I really haven't contributed to this thread, I've been rather busy this past week and a half due to parents being in town and work, but now that they're back in Florida and work is calming down I'm free to post frequently again.

Although he hasn't officially started any training, I would like Ax to take on a Jedi Sentinel kind of role. I like balanced characters. To me, they're more fun to play out because of their well roundedness. It’s one of those things where you can go either way or just ride the middle. Which really works for me because I’m a bit of a middle man myself.

Ira Yahff
Jun 17th, 2006, 07:58:34 PM
Yes ^^

Heh, just wanted to make sure. I was also wondering how far we could go with it. I was wondering exactly how it would be heard throughout the galaxy? Simply by rumor, or would the Rebellion have concrete evidence telling of it?

Looking at Serena's thread, it looks like the latter, but as always "just trying to make sure".

And welcome back Axius. YAH! More Jedi!

Lianna Mal Pannis
Jun 17th, 2006, 08:04:06 PM
the thread I am doing a Rebel operative told Vishan and Soolin of the news. There is no rumor. The Empire is keeping it hush hush but the Rebellion lost many Bothans in retrieving this information ;) kinda thing ... just make it make sense !

Kahn
Jun 20th, 2006, 02:01:58 PM
I can be a Jedi guardian

Ira Yahff
Jul 4th, 2006, 10:02:41 PM
I know that Vishan is making direct involvement with it right now, but will our reactions to the plot be documented so that others know of it.

I recommend a highlight on threads involving this plot in our timeline here. That way I can follow those threads so that I, nor anyone else, contradicts actions.

Also, will the responses to these actions eventually become public. Realistically I would expect so, because I dont think something this major, and that will probably be spoken on during Anar's attempted assassination would be kept under wraps after it is already divulged.

Would that lead to any more problems for the Jedi creation?

I know, a lot of questions. But I'm very interested still, because I have not yet made an actual reaction to the plot for any of my Jedi related characters.

Vishan Korogoth
Jul 5th, 2006, 02:46:27 PM
The fact that the Jedi are the number one enemy of the galaxy messes up the creation of a New Order, this plotline is bringing them together for a common purpose, survival of the species (so to speak). So no, it messes nothing up :)

Threads of this sort should be indicated in the timeline thread here and in the main board. Follow it that way ^^

Ira Yahff
Jul 5th, 2006, 03:08:42 PM
I'll try.

But how about the children involved? How young would to be required to be?

Vishan Korogoth
Jul 5th, 2006, 03:14:39 PM
Nothing is concrete. Kinda going along with the story as it evolves. Everyone really has free reign but I highly doubt age matters. Pick one :)

Ira Yahff
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:22:53 PM
With the ranking system it seems possible that a Jedi Padawan could train another Padawan. However, the one trained could eventually surpass their own "Master" and become a Knight.

Right?

Lianna Mal Pannis
Aug 12th, 2006, 03:26:58 PM
you asked this twice.

please keep questions in one place :)

Serena Laran
Aug 15th, 2006, 04:49:22 PM
Padawans cannot train padawans to knighthood. This has been discussed several times. :p

Only a knight or a master of the Force can grant knighthood to their padawans. Master rank is decided by a jury of peers.

Sorry, I like repeating things that are in the first post. ;)

Terran Starek
Aug 15th, 2006, 10:48:36 PM
Terran would be considered as a Jedi Sentinel. He's somewhat of a Consular philosophically and in terms of aptitude, but he's undoubtedly interested in political happenings, investigation, and other generally relational functions. :)

Also, I believe because of his previous experiences, he will be considered a Jedi Knight. So, you can add me to the list Serena. :)

So good to be back!!!!

Serena Laran
Aug 16th, 2006, 02:42:19 PM
btw, I'm played by LD, in case you didn't know. :)

Serena Laran
Aug 16th, 2006, 02:43:43 PM
OH double post I know but Serena and Morgan are beginning to help out the Rebel Alliance in regard to the children being purged.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 16th, 2006, 02:52:57 PM
The Wookieepedia has some great articles on the various classes of Jedi (Consular, Guardian and Sentinel). Just thought I'd post them here, for people to check out. They should give you more of an idea what each class is like, as well as some examples of Jedi of each class found in the canon and EU.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_consular
^ Consular

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Guardian
^ Guardian

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Sentinel
^ Sentinel

Lianna Mal Pannis
Aug 16th, 2006, 02:56:10 PM
Hmm ... now I'm wondering if Lianna is more of a Sentinel :: ponders ::

Terran Starek
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:14:39 PM
I think Terran needs to be a Consular. He's very introspective and a bit pacifistic by nature.

Serena Laran
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:39:14 PM
Yes, join the Consular side of the Force. :D

Terran Starek
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:40:14 PM
You're funny. :lol

Terran's really into books and politics and he loves nature . . .

NO hippie jokes, got it? :D

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:40:56 PM
We're a rare breed, us Consulars.

True Jedi, if I do say so myself.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:46:05 PM
No one likes us Sentinels :(

Serena Laran
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:48:21 PM
Originally posted by Daria Nytherciria
We're a rare breed, us Consulars.

True Jedi, if I do say so myself.

QUITE so, I do agree. :)

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:49:26 PM
No one likes us Sentinels :(

That's 'cause your trying to do everything at once! Pick one side of the fence and sit on it, greedypants.

Terran Starek
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:51:14 PM
I really like the Sentinels, personally. I just don't think it's fair to Terran's character. He's more artsy-fartsy.

I see Sentinels as the detectives of the Order. If you have a mystery or an issue that deserves special attention, you send a Sentinel. A Guardian is more suited for brawn work - escorts, etc. A Consular maybe is a bit more political - diplomatic missions, settling large-scale disputes.

But the Sentinel - he's everyman! He's expected to be able to do a little bit of everything, and that's a tough job. I would trust a Sentinel to be the most versatile, wokingman Jedi of all of them. :)

Lianna Mal Pannis
Aug 16th, 2006, 03:52:02 PM
I had to be a Sentinel in order to survive as a new Jedi in the outer rim!!! :cry

Terran :hug

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:02:44 PM
Consulars are servants of the Force, that's why I see them as being true Jedi. The way they are portayed in the KOTOR games, where I believe they originated, is that they are necessarily "do-gooders". The way one of the games Consulars explains it, it's not always in the best interest of a Jedi to go rushing in and helping everyone they may see in need. Situations aren't always as a simple as they may seem and intervening may cause reprocussions. You choose your moments carefully.

Here's a quote from the above mentioned Consular:

"And what is it you think you have accomplished? If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself... and weaken them. It is the internal struggles, when fought and won on their own, that yield the strongest rewards. You stole that struggle from them, cheapened it. If you care for others, then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognise the value in letting them fight their own battles. And when they triumph, they will be even stronger for the victory."

Lianna Mal Pannis
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:14:56 PM
Well, I don't necessarily agree with that. A true Jedi can be any Jedi that serves the Force... doesnt matter what class they are. It is the three divisions of the Jedi that take care of all aspects of the Force :)

just me tho

Terran Starek
Aug 16th, 2006, 04:22:08 PM
It's certainly relative. Any one of the Jedi classes in any given situation could make choices that would reflect true service to the Force. I don't think any one class has an advantage.

They just serve in different ways according to their strengths - with lightsabers, words, and skills.

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 16th, 2006, 08:30:05 PM
Well, I would say that some classes have advantages over others, in certain situations. Guardians would do better than Consulars in big combat situations, for instance. But I'm not saying that one is better than the other. Just my impression of how things work.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Aug 16th, 2006, 08:31:57 PM
Tis cool ^^ I like the debate

Terran Starek
Aug 16th, 2006, 08:35:19 PM
Yeah, debate is all good. Never any hard feelings when disagreeing peacefully. :D

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 16th, 2006, 08:41:30 PM
Also understand that I am sort of speaking from Daria's perspective when I say all of this... She doesn't believe in interfering in everything, just because she is a Jedi. She views the Jedi as agents of balance. To her, the Sith/Dark Jedi are upsetting that balance by using the Force for their own ends. Likewise, Jedi who made it their mission to 'right' every 'wrong' in the galaxy would also be upsetting the balance.

Serena Laran
Aug 17th, 2006, 06:55:21 PM
Serena doesn't believe in the Jedi being agents to use in making war. She thinks that the inclusion of the Jedi in the Clone Wars was a mistake that led to their distruction, which it was, and therefore she would not be in favor of Jedi aiding the Rebellion as far as being soldiers. Joining the cause, working against the Empire... yes to a point.

But her main goal is the rebuilding of the Jedi Order.

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 23rd, 2006, 03:04:55 PM
Verse is a Guardian all the way. Though I plan to make him use is unarmed combat more to begin with. With all that is going on, I can't see him wipping out a Light Saber all teh time with Jedi being on everyones hit list.

Ira Yahff
Aug 23rd, 2006, 03:12:59 PM
Power Rangers Light Speed Rescue!!!!!!!!!

Serena Laran
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:01:47 PM
What?

Ira Yahff
Aug 23rd, 2006, 04:35:29 PM
When the whole ordeal with the Force-Sensitive children end, is everyone that is an active Jedi going to be apart of the Bounty list?