PDA

View Full Version : Better living through (mad) science!

Raif Landau
May 30th, 2006, 08:04:31 PM
Such a lovely old house, it may be perfect for his plans. He smiled quite pleasantly and strolled right in, after all surely no one would still live here. He began to oversee the building, it's condition, and shape was fine. Or seemed fine in all areas but the foyer he had started in. That room looked as if it had seen a war, the floor was all torn up - blood in several places and the ceiling had partially collapsed.

'What a shame.' he sighed heavily, as he debated rather to fix it up, or move on to another location. He'd have to see the damage a bit more fully to determine that. Going to the area where the ceiling above had collapsed he began to sort through it. To see how bad the damage underneath was as well.

"... Hello." He said a bit surprised at the hand he found lying under the rubble "And who do you belong to?" he reached out for it, and was most surprised to find it still a bit warm to the touch, with an ever so faint pulse. "So - you're alive." he mumbled a bit, and smiled "Though not for much longer, I'd imagine." He cocked his head and thought, "You're most fortunate I happened upon you my nearly dead friend, for I think you may work perfectly for what I have in mind." He began to shift through the rubble more, not a moment to spare.

Marek
May 30th, 2006, 08:39:44 PM
Most people had famous last words - Marek discovered he had been gypped. Rather than some witty line, he had died with a rather loud crash, and that was it. Supposedly. That was all he could really remember. There was no before and the after was as black as pitch. Silence had assailed the room he was in. In reality, he rationalized that he couldn't be dead or such thoughts wouldn't come to him; He'd either be dwelling in the realm of the devil or floating about playing on of those harp things. He could almost sneer - instead, he managed a numb twitch of his lips. He was aware of the large object seated atop his chest like some ungodly brooch, the delicious creatures at home wore - that's what it was. A stone brooch. Was this indeed how a corset constricted a woman?

He had to get out of here. There was nothing worse for a man than beginning to think like a woman. A slight shiver crept up his spine and his hand managed to curl inward. He wasn't going anywhere without a bit of help - unfortunately. Previously mentioned boulder was indeed a stable paper-weight.

Letting out a low growl that could have passed for a very questionable innuendo, he dimly noticed the slight prodding at his bloodied finger-tips. At least he figured they were bloody. Who wouldn't be after something the size of a house fell a-top them? Was that what it was? A regular wicked witch indeed.

His humor was ill-placed.

"Don't touch me, you hobgoblin! I do believe those are broken.." He rumbled, feeling as though his chest would give way at any moment.

"Oy, do you mind?"

Raif Landau
May 31st, 2006, 05:53:17 PM
"Yes I believe they are in..." He paused, blinking. "You're in much better condition than I would've expected." The man had spoken to him - he was a strong one, that much was clear. "Now hush - you're badly hurt, don't worry though... I'm a..." he paused for a moment if making sure he could say it. "Doctor." He kept digging, pulling the debris off of him, working until he managed to clear it all away.

He raised both eyebrows and adjusted his frames looking over the damage before him. "Do you want the good news, or the bad news?"

Marek
May 31st, 2006, 06:00:18 PM
"I don't like bad news, doc." He replied dryly, not daring to cast a single look down at his mangled frame. Oh, he knew it was bad. His poor body was in shambles. Really something to cry over. He hadn't been this sad since that speeder ran over his cat. Okay, so he didn't exactly remember that happening - but it would have been quite tragic, right?

"How about we start with the good news first? A bit of cheer in such times always does lift my spirits." He replied optimistically, his eyes stinging as they attempted to adjust to the light. He supposed it wasn't even that bright in here. While this thought process pursued further, Marek established one very important fact - he hated.. rocks.

Passionately.

Raif Landau
May 31st, 2006, 06:33:47 PM
'The good news then - is that I can fix you.' He smiled a bit. 'Yes I can make fix you, make you better than you were in fact... rebuild you from scratch almost." He nodded looking over the work at hand and thinking of what all he could do. "The bad news... is I'm going to HAVE to build you from scratch, there's not much left to save really."

He bent down "Unless of course you'd like me to let nature run it's course. Myself? I've never been to fond of nature, far too slow."

Marek
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:29:43 PM
Completely at your unfamiliar mercy.

"And why, doc, would you want to do this for me? After all, we don't even know each others names? What makes you think I am not some cold blooded killer that will turn on you the moment I am on my feet again?" He questioned, slipping further and further from all hope. Perhaps it was not the best time to be spouting out these questions. He really didn't know what he was going to do with this man - not sure what to do with himself. Memories. They came in violent spurts of senseless compellations.

Raif Landau
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:35:05 PM
He smiled a bit "Because I have use for you. I am a doctor, but more importantly a scientist. I hope this doesn't seem cold, but... well... you're an experiment to me. To try to repair such damage, to bring you back from what very well would be the edge of death itself is something I feel a need to try."

He circled him and looked down with large eyes. "And I won't ask for much in return, merely a few favors once you're back on your feet. A few people who... have gotten in my way in the past removed. A small price to pay for your own life." He leaned down close to his face. "If I am to die, I am to die. Call it another experiment, if you must. So... do you agree?"

Marek
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:46:35 PM
Sick.

He coughed several times before he could even manage a thought, a possible reply to such a barbaric outlook on both of their existences. He supposed it was his only chance. This whole death thing was beginning to scare the hell out of him - he was probably a great example of feral man-flesh. It would be such a waste. And if all this guy wanted was a few peons picked off to save his life, how could be possibly deny?

"We'll try this.."

Raif Landau
Jun 4th, 2006, 05:56:00 PM
He smiled wide and nodded. "I will get started immediately then."

Months passed, and he leaned over his face again, much like he did every day. "How are we feeling today, Marek?" The man had given him a name to use some time ago, which was much better than simply calling him patient, as he had for the first few weeks.

"I have good news. Your statistics are normal... I'll be removing the bandages today. I believe we're done."