PDA

View Full Version : Blade - the TV series

Mitch
May 30th, 2006, 05:52:47 PM
Well, it's official, Spike just aired one of the first ads for its new "Blade" television series.

What happened to letting movies just stay movies? I mean, please, Blade wasn't even that good, and I'd hardly think it warrants a series. At least Buffy was funny...

Lilaena De'Ville
May 30th, 2006, 06:38:53 PM
Well, it was a comic originally, and then a movie. I saw the commercial today while I was laying on my couch watching ST: TNG, and it looked.. like Blade without Wesley Snipes. For people who liked Blade they'll probably like the series, though I must confess to not knowing much about it.

Dasquian Belargic
May 31st, 2006, 04:01:40 AM
I haven't seen the ad, so I could be way off base, but I could imagine this being closer to Dark Angel than Buffy, in terms of mood and such. I think they set up a fair bit of history, with those different vampires houses, in the first movie - and obviously they have the comic as source material to go on - so perhaps they will have enough decent plot to make something of it.

Mitch
May 31st, 2006, 02:44:57 PM
Heh, I wasn't trying to compare it to Buffy, and I was fully aware of the comic to go off of, but still, it looks terrible.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 31st, 2006, 02:48:30 PM
perhaps... :) It'll probably be better than all of those vampire/zombie B movies that they play on the Sci-Fi channel.

jediSamson
Jun 4th, 2006, 06:50:19 PM
very curious about this, bracing for the worst, hoping for the best :smokin

Shawn
Jun 4th, 2006, 07:21:56 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
perhaps... :) It'll probably be better than all of those vampire/zombie B movies that they play on the Sci-Fi channel. Those are the only reason I tune into Sci-Fi anymore. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 3rd, 2006, 12:58:51 AM
Ok we watched it - it seemed pretty decent to me. I'll be tuning in for the rest of the season now. :)

Callomas Savoc
Jul 3rd, 2006, 02:33:56 AM
I saw it while playing my pool league games last wednesday and it looked pretty good. Didn't get to watch it all, but what I saw was decent enough.

The big bad head vampire guy is a total poofter though. Looks like that Doogie Howser guy.

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:07:00 AM
haha I have to agree, he is. But with roleplaying WoD now I was really paying attention to the vamps. I know its different, slightly, but it was educational. ;) I was surprised that Krista was turned but its going to make the show really interesting. :D