PDA

View Full Version : Reap the tears

Alaric Mirit
May 29th, 2006, 04:49:26 PM
So much time had passed, he had lost track of it entirely. It hardly seemed to matter now. He sat, alone within the old ruins of his family estate, his fingers numbly grazing the keys making up the ancient pianoforte that his father had been very fond of. All past tense. All long dead and buried, like the memories. However, the ghost thrill of them still haunted these dismal halls. Shrill cries of pain as fire seared flesh and hope - the trust he had placed in that one man. He growled softly and slammed his hand down against the grand, a loud cacophony of various notes rending the otherwise quiet aura given off by his usual inactivity. There was only.. anger.

That voice in the back of his head, far more haunting than the dying screams of his family, insisted that one day he would return. But it would not be the friend, the lover, he remembered. It was a demonic being that ravaged his very dreams - twisting them into a repeating nightmare that would not be sated with his restless nature and constant dread of what could be true.

Standing up from the long since out-of-tune instrument, knocking the thick would bench to the floor, he shoved away from the familiar area and turned to stride down the hall. In the doorway, a silhouette greeted his somewhat blurred vision. He did not desire sight to discern that presence.

A low growl escaped his throat - words.. foreign and entirely unnecessary.

Xanatos Etanial
May 29th, 2006, 04:59:06 PM
He didn't know why he was here, it didn't really matter. Laurent had told him of the man that resided here. If one could call this creature a man. Appearantly he had held X for sometime, playing games with his mind - it was just after that that Laurent had found him, freed him and helped him. Laurent was such an angel, whatever would he do without him?

Now it was time for some glorious vengeance upon him. Xanatos grinned deep and bowed slightly. 'Hello, hello.' he said cordially. 'My name is Xanatos Etanial, you probably already know that. I do not desire to know your name, as it is pointless. I know enough about you... do you know why I'm here?' He said strolling in slowly, hands clasped behind his back as he turned his head in a lopsided fashion to look at the strange beast before him.

Alaric Mirit
May 29th, 2006, 05:09:08 PM
Danger. He didn't even bother hiding that threatening presence, which was probably what threw Alaric off guard more. Gazing upon him, his silvery eyes a-glow, he figured that silence was the only effective reponse he could muster. His mind sought to reinform him that this was not the real Xanatos he was dealing with. This was some harsh trick that he didn't want to believe was real. This, was his nightmare turned reality. But one had to deal with these things as they came at him - after expecting them for so long, as it were.

His hands swiveled around to his back, caressing the two guns strapped in cross fashion at its curve. Drawing them from their holsters, he managed a cocky smile and shrugged.

"You'll be please to know, I only need one guess, now. Had you not given me so much time to think such things over, I might be stumped." He replied dryly, thrusting one of the weapons in X's direction.

Betrayer.

Xanatos Etanial
May 29th, 2006, 05:25:17 PM
'Ah, so the beast can talk - and aim a weapon as well!' He grinned wide, eyes slightly askew as he reached below his jacket to draw his blade. A blade that Laurent had given him as a gift. Such a fine gift it was - felt completely natural in his grip, as if he'd held it all his life.

'I am going to kill you.' he smiled pleasantly as he said it, as if he were simply anouncing a trip down the street to the market. 'Won't that be fun?' He rushed for the man, blade striking the ground behind him, clattering and sparking as he drug it along, a distractionary tactic - one he wasn't even sure where he had picked up.

He'd lop those hands off at the wrists to begin with, but just to begin with. This would last a while, so much to play with...

Alaric Mirit
May 29th, 2006, 05:36:12 PM
This was not expected. Had he thought to reason with the man?

Scowling, he took aim and fired a round of his own tactics in Xanatos' collision course for the target, himself. He trusted such a petty attack would be dodged, but it also afforded him the time to lurch forward and meet the attack. The blade swung and Alaric flipped the handgun about, slipping the trigger circle through the thrust of the weapon. When it had pierced it fully, he drew the man forward with this new hold and pinned him against his body.

"What's the matter with you? Snap out of it, X." He demanded, his brows knit downward in warning. His other weapon, the silver blaster of the pair, pressed against his stomach.

Xanatos Etanial
May 29th, 2006, 05:40:25 PM
'Are you as turned on as I am?' he grinned a bit wider, madness flashing in his eyes as he threw a quick kiss over the lips of the man before him. He could certainly understand how he'd taken control of him before - he was a sexy little thing. Maybe he'd have some extra fun with him before he killed him.

Mmmm yes, maybe indeed. After a moment he shrugged and smiled 'Oh I already snapped out of it. Laurent helped me with that, you can't play with my mind anymore.' He put his foot between them and kicked him fiercly to try and free himself.

Alaric Mirit
May 29th, 2006, 05:56:58 PM
Turned on? His scowl intensified and he thrust the blaster into his stomach deeper, hoping that the pain might slap some sense back into his rambling, controlled friend. This was an enemy, his mind told him over and over, attempting to drill this startling information into his unaccepting mind. He could bring him back. Xanatos had dragged him out of the darkness, once before. There was always hope.

You'll never have him, Alaric. He is my puppet now.

The voice startled him, his concentration on X broke momentarily. It was all that was needed for the man to drive his foot into his stomach. Snarling, he swung his arm back, thrusting the blaster and sword far from both of their reaches. He doubled over, wrapping an arm about his middle, adjusting breath.

"Play with your mind..? Don't be silly. I would never... do that to you. Can't you see that someone is controlling you, X?"

Xanatos Etanial
May 29th, 2006, 05:59:47 PM
'No no no. Someone WAS, you - you funny little man. But I'm free now, free to be wicked, free to be bad - you may thank Laurent for breaking your horrible little spell.' He cracked his neck slightly and started to stroll forward towards Alaric.

'Don't fret too much though - I'm going to give you a very nice send off before you die. Since you enjoyed my body so much while you used me, I thought I should let you feel it one last time.' He smiled pleasantly and grinned. 'You should feel grateful really - not many men get to die with such a treat.'

The smile never leaving he lunged for Alaric.

Alaric Mirit
May 29th, 2006, 06:14:36 PM
He recovered from the blow just in time to duck and swing his arm forward, catching Xanatos in the stomach with his tightly curled fist. A gust of air sailed over his head, but he found no victory in hurting this man. Not now. Not like this. What beast would turn X against him? And why? Laurent - the name seemed so familiar, hesitating on the tip of his tongue. But his mind delivered no answer to the thought process that last only moments.

"You're hardly a treat anymore.." He growled, lurching his whole body back, smacking the back of his head against the underside of Xanatos' jaw.

"You're no more of than a puppet. But where is your master.." He asked coldly, ignoring the throb of his head.

Xanatos Etanial
May 29th, 2006, 06:20:26 PM
OUCH. He fell back hard and rubbed his jaw - which seemed to be in a rather unnatural position. this... is going hurt - with that thought in mind he snapped it back into it's original position. Pop - snap - OW. He rubbed it again and started to get up to return to the fight before him. Stupid man.

'Who do you think you are?' he snapped rather angrily, 'You don't have any right to touch me. I determine that.' he spit some blood to the ground and got into a fighting stance.

'The boss doesn't want to soil his hands with you - and thought I deserved a little vengeance after what you did to me.' He growled and threw a punch at him.

Alaric Mirit
May 29th, 2006, 06:25:28 PM
"You're a fool."

Alaric caught his hand, a low growl escaping his lips. Something was breaking within him. Something that needed to remain in tact after all this time. Neither seemed to quite notice it at this point in time - but each word sent him closer and closer to the edge. His eyes seemed to grow hollow as they fell upon his twisted, former friend - the love they might have once shared was now most definately writhing, shiveling into dust and decay.

"I can't believe I trusted you, Xanatos..."

Xanatos Etanial
May 29th, 2006, 06:32:20 PM
'Trust? TRUST?! What does what you did to me have to do with...' You cold? I could warm you up... What was that? Voices in his head, usually that was a good sign - but this didn't feel right. And it was the voice of the man he was going to kill.

Must be from when he controlled me... must be... why...I... Just give me the ring, already you punk! A flash of Laurent's face, another moment of clarity. Coruscant - this had began on Coruscant, he was there to retrieve some... oh my god.

His breath got heavy and he all but collapsed against the man a moment before he'd been trying to kill 'Oh God... Oh God... 'Ric...' And the floodgates of his memories opened, and what Laurent had done to him became clear. Tears welled up and he could barely keep standing.

Alaric Mirit
May 29th, 2006, 06:45:45 PM
"Xan..."

His arms went about him, supporting him as the memories drained the strength of his body. The name - Laurent. It became oh so clear with yet another tourent of thought. The spiteful lover of a shady past on Coruscant. He smiled bitterly and enfolded him deeper into his embrace, bent on not ever letting him leave this place again. Not alone. Never alone. The way it should be.

"Where is he, X?"

Xanatos Etanial
May 29th, 2006, 06:50:26 PM
He could barely breath now, barely think. But he was here again, in Ric's arms. Safe, warm arms. He buried his face against his chest and let out a ragged sigh. Tears streaming his face as he began to cry. Used and twisted, Laurent had turned him into a monster. The things he'd done... the crimes he'd committed. He was a monster, just like he had been before. Laurent. Laurent. Laurent did this.

Where is he, X?

Laurent, Ric meant Laurent. He managed to stop sobbing for a moment and looked up towards the rafters, eyes widening slightly, and a soft almost fearful whisper came from his lips as he remembered that as well. 'Above us.'

Laurent Delinore
May 29th, 2006, 07:01:10 PM
"Vile, precious, fool." Came the harsh whisper from above. They both narrowed their gazes upon the splotch suspended in the rafters. Fear, he could almost taste it, radiating from their loving, dramatic lot. It was truly worth all the bile in the world to watch them fall all over each of in reunion. It was something Laurent wanted to avoid at all costs, but he was afraid the show was too good to interfere with. Now, he suspected that he had dallied too long. All his fine work, muddled by a few coddling words.

The Chauve-Souris, his beloved weapon, was a mere flicker of silver against a completely black background. The large, lance-like weapon was swung and adjusted till it was angled directly vertical toward the two love birds. He allowed a single warning - a grunt of disgust, to emit from his lips before he launched himself down from the rafters toward the two love birds below.

He'd crush this feeling. This infectious disease that poisoned Xan's mind.

Xanatos Etanial
May 29th, 2006, 07:07:34 PM
He found the strength to move, surprisingly and grabbed Alaric moving as quickly as he could to throw them out of the path of the now enraged madman. Laurent crashed down to where they had been shattering wood and splintering floor. '...' He breathed hard and narrowed his eyes.

This man, THIS MAN! THIS MAN! This was the man who had taken everything from him, the man that had sent him to kill the only one who had tried to save him. He growled deeply and searched the floor for his blade. He wouldn't be taken again, wouldn't be pulled away. He wouldn't let himself be taken...

Laurent Delinore
May 29th, 2006, 07:14:18 PM
"My, my.. how quaint. Imagine that your loving speech could break my hold over him. I shall have to work harder next time. Break his mind even more. Push him farther away from whatever it is that he finds so great about you. It will be so much easier once you've breathed your last, dear Alaric." He breathed out, his voice raspy, filled to the brim with the insanity Xanatos had once known so well. The tri-bladed spear was torn from the wood and duracrete paneling that made up the floor. Its size would have toppled a lesser man, but Laurent wielded it with surprising ease.

"Of course, this is really all my fault. I should have off'd you long ago after you chose this path of light. Straying from the beautiful darkness we shared." He murmured, his head canted downward - his crimson forelock shielding his wild eyes.

"You were great. Especially when it came to.. bedtime stories."

Alaric Mirit
May 29th, 2006, 07:19:10 PM
"Shut up...!" He snarled, shoving away from Xanatos and charging after the madman. It seemed Laurent's mind had only cracked further with the pass of time. Never before would he have anticipated such violence from the once frail shell of human flesh. Human. No. He had almost forgotten Laurent's own beast like qualities - he was now capable of expanding the nature of his curse as well. Untamed. Evil.

"He wont be harmed by you anymore! Your quarrel is with me!" He ground out, lifting the single blaster that he had managed to hang onto through all the transpiring events come and gone.

Xanatos Etanial
May 29th, 2006, 07:22:58 PM
Xanatos' eyes still searched for his blade and came to rest upon it under a table a few yards away - Ric could hold his own til he got his weapon - and then Laurent would suffer. He couldn't stand up to both of them, of this he was certain.

Turning sharply he rushed for his weapon, and seized it, turning sharply ready to return to the fight at hand.

Laurent Delinore
May 29th, 2006, 07:28:47 PM
"Always waltzing right into my trap, aren't you, love?"

Laurent smiled quite maniacally as Xanatos went for the table. His gaze trailed upward, allowing Alaric a free shot that he knew he couldn't take. His hand, roaming to the utility belt strapped firmly around his waist, located the cylinder shaped switch that would indeed trigger the most delicious bout of chaos this party was lacking.

"I've seen your future, Alaric. Or rather, the lack of it. I'm sorry to say, but your calls are cancelled."

His finger caressed the red button at the tip of the curved metal. A large explosion overhead ripped attention away from him. It was clear now, his intent. His target at this point had not been Alaric, but rather his charming pet that would serve as his undoing.

Alaric Mirit
May 29th, 2006, 07:39:49 PM
No.

Motion. He moved at blurring speeds, not even considering the outcome of his actions. He only knew what he was saving - the uncertain, kind friend he had known for only a short time in this intolerably cruel life. Apparently, it wasn't meant to be. He was not selfish enough to have death keep them together. Separation, it seemed, was the only option.

He swallowed down his last breath, not bothering to cast the collapsing ceiling a glance before he snagged the back of Xanatos' shirt and hurled him as far away from danger as he could get him. Foolishly, he took another step forward. It seemed there would be no pain in this death. Only regret.

There was a resounding crash. Then, silence.

Xanatos Etanial
May 29th, 2006, 07:42:57 PM
Xanatos's eyes widened as the ceiling began to collapse, and he was thrown backwards, and watched in shocked horror as Alaric was crushed under the weight of his own home. 'ALARIC!' he cried out in horror, reaching out towards a hand that he would never meet in time... the crash and subsequent silence was stunning.

He fell to his knees from the partial kneeling position he had been in and just shuddered. This... this wasn't happening - it couldn't BE happening. 'Alaric...'

Laurent Delinore
May 29th, 2006, 08:36:27 PM
"Such a pity. He was a pretty little thing, wasn't he?" His words, distant, his eyes filled with a rage that twisted the smile pasted on his lips. Every fiber of his dark being seemed to radiate pure violent evil. Xanatos would pay for this betrayal. And to think he had almost thought him perfect - complete. He was so very wrong. But he never failed a second time in his merry little experiments. Obviously, he had gone too soft on the dear boy. No mercy this time.

He circled around behind his collapsed companion, his hand wandering into his dark, tustled hair. His grip was cruel as it tightened to the point of agony, then - without a bit of remorse, as it was with Alaric, he slammed his face as hard as he possibly could into the jagged duracrete floor he sat upon.

"I'll deal... with you later..."

Xanatos Etanial
May 29th, 2006, 11:33:42 PM
I'll deal... with you later... The words seemed to echo and eventually trail into nothing as the world went black around him, and the short relief from his waking nightmare came to a brutal end.

A nightmare, that Xanatos feared he would never wake up from, and worse... a nightmare he feared he would come to love.