PDA

View Full Version : Sith Magic?

Morgoth Brimstone
May 6th, 2006, 11:28:22 PM
Can someone please explain to me what exactly Sith Magic is? I've heard about it before but never seen it used or had it explained to me, so it would be wonderful if someone here could do that for me ^____^ (<--- is Tarsis btw, just too lazy to switch users)

Yurza Magus
May 7th, 2006, 09:35:52 AM
Sith Magic is ancient Force techniques that were used by the Sith. Examples would be Force lighting, possession, and things of that nature.

This isn't all and I'm looking up some other stuff, but essentially that is all it refers to.

Vega Van-Derveld
May 7th, 2006, 11:15:27 AM
In my mind, Sith Magic is a pretty advanced ability and something which usually requires an area of specialization - for example necromancy, alchemy, pyromancy, translocation, etc.

A quick google search turns up the "Sith Book of Spells", which might be of interest, and features the areas of specialization I mentioned above (and more): http://theforce.jaymach.com/sithspells.php

Morgoth Brimstone
May 7th, 2006, 11:30:48 AM
Awesome, thanks guys. I've been wondering about it for awhile now because I was considering possibly having Morgoth pick it up because he's a bit of a pyromaniac, so the pyromancy sounds pretty sick to me.

Do we have any Sith here who are magic users? Or would this be one of those things I'd have to do by myself like Baralai and his Alchemy?

Yurza Magus
May 7th, 2006, 11:42:37 AM
To my knowledge there is no one that knows this stuff and you'd have to learn it on your own. But I would think that for a person to learn this stuff they would have to also be trained in the Sith ways.

Also thanks for the link Vega.

Tarsis
May 7th, 2006, 11:49:43 AM
Sorry, thanks Vega.

I figured it would be solo gig. That's fine but the real tricky part of this plot is how I would get Morgot into the Sith because right now, he hates the Sith as well as everyone one else: The Jedi, Imperials, and the Rebels.

I was thinking, Morgoth has a lot of hate and anger, and all the other key ingredients one needs to make a Sith, but with his current mind set I see it being a problem for him to come over to the Dark side willingly. So if someone were to tempt him.... I dont know, maybe one of the Knights here in the Order....*cough cough YURZA* then maybe it would be easier for him to pick a side finally.

Lol, I dont know. I'm still brain storming all this right now but any ideas or what not would be greatly appreciated.

Yurza Magus
May 7th, 2006, 11:56:20 AM
Oh I can tempt. I can tempt all night long lol.

Seriously though, if you need help I'd be more than glad to. Just let me know what you would need.

Tarsis
May 8th, 2006, 04:32:45 PM
I appreciate it Yurza. I know he's in a thread with Baralai at the moment but due to his current status, I don't see that thread moving along any time soon.

I don't know if you have read Morgoth's profile in the "Characters in a Nutshell" thread but he's a mad bomber/pyromaniac who hates everyone and that is where my problem starts: How do you make someone who hates the Sith and every other organization, change his mind and join them?

Now I was thinking, he loves fire. He's really big pyromaniac, so I was thinking that someone could tempt him with the idea of power or something like that. I don't know. Do you have any ideas Yurza?

Yurza Magus
May 8th, 2006, 05:26:41 PM
Well...if he hates Sith it wouldn't be a problem not acting like a Sith to get him to lower his defenses and then lure him in with the prospect of not only creating fire with the Force, but to control it as well. Throw in the thought that the reason no one knows how to do it is because they aren't strong enough or they are to afraid and boom. How's that to get someone's ego going?

Tarsis
May 9th, 2006, 01:53:06 PM
Sounds good. I think that having the extra power of the Sith behind him would make what he has planned a bit more fun. Now we just need to work out a meeting between the two of them. Does Yurza have a favorite planet he likes to visit?

Yurza Magus
May 9th, 2006, 03:09:58 PM
Not really, but he does like to visit art galleries and stuff of that nature. For a Sith he does tend to be very cultured lol. Umm...Corellia I would say would be the best since it is in the Sith boundries.

Tarsis
May 11th, 2006, 07:22:01 PM
Corellia it is then. I can have him viewing some art gallery that is showing some Imperialistic art which will provoke him to burn it all down to the ground during his brife visit to Corellia. That sound do-able?

Yurza Magus
May 11th, 2006, 09:03:21 PM
Indeed, because not only then would he be protecting the art, but also something that essestially belongs to the Sith since whatever is in our boundries we kinds think is our own anyways

Tarsis
May 11th, 2006, 10:18:12 PM
Would you like me to start it or would you like to start it? And where are we doing this? Here in the Sith forums or in the Roleplaying forums?

Morgoth Brimstone
May 23rd, 2006, 03:30:26 PM
So yeah, due to my current situation with Tarsis I was kind of wondering if Morgoth and Yurza could have some kind of introduction to one another so that we could get things rolling with these characters?

I know we talked about doing it after the Invasion stuff, but I'm really bored, lol, and like I said in one of the threads going around here, I've kind of backed myself into a corner as far as Jorshal is concerned.

So would this be ok or do you still want to wait?

Yurza Magus
May 25th, 2006, 08:43:00 PM
Umm...give me a day or two. I've been pretty busy at work (where I do most of my posting) and then we can start it.

Morgoth Brimstone
May 26th, 2006, 01:23:49 AM
Sweet, sounds good.

Sorry if I came across as a bit desperate in my last post. I was just down about a few things and needed to take my mind of them. I know that RL comes first, so take your time and do what you've got to do first and then we'll take care of things here. No rush.