PDA

View Full Version : Justice League Unlimited

Jedi Master Carr
May 6th, 2006, 09:58:03 PM
Not too sure how many here watch this, but I have been watching it for the past couple of years (and back when it was just the Justice League). Well it is coming to an end next saturday here is a report on it.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tv/269099_tv05.html

It was created by Bruce Timm and went back to 1992 with the Batman animated series. At least the series is going out with a bang in the first part of the two part finalie Lex Luthor who is controlling the secert society (which looks a lot like the Leigon of Doom from the Superfriends), is trying to ressurect Braniac. Mutinty occurs though from Gorilla Grodd and other members of the LOD. Luthor and his Allies triumph and then attempt to bring back Braniac only to bring back a more powerful Darksied. Darksied is the most evil and powerful characer in DC comics. Well it looks like all out war in the next episode as Darksied invades Earth. In the previews it shows the Daily Planet being destroyed. Should be a heck of a finale.

Liam Jinn
May 6th, 2006, 10:28:00 PM
Spoiler tag didn't work, just to let ya know.

Droo
May 6th, 2006, 11:26:04 PM
For some reason, you guys - and by you guys, I mean you guys in the U.S., get this much later than we got it in England. This makes a nice change for me. I must say, I wasn't the most religious viewer of Justice Leage and Justice League Unlimited. I watched them whenever I caught them but the showtimes were so irregular on Toonami - the only channel available on British TV for any decent cartoons - they were so irregular that I could never catch it frequently.

Regardless. I caught this final episode and as not only a fan of the series but a Superman fan, I got real shivers down my spine during this episode. It is truly awesome. Enjoy, you guys.

"That man won't quit as long as he can still draw breath... none of my teammates will. Me? I've got a different problem: I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard. Always taking constant care not to break something. To break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control, even for a moment, as someone could die. But you can take it, can't you, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose, and show you just how powerful I really am."

JMK
May 7th, 2006, 07:03:05 AM
I tried to keep up with it, but wasn't able to catch this finale. I hope to catch a rerun sometime.

Jedi Master Carr
May 7th, 2006, 04:38:08 PM
Originally posted by Droo
For some reason, you guys - and by you guys, I mean you guys in the U.S., get this much later than we got it in England. This makes a nice change for me. I must say, I wasn't the most religious viewer of Justice Leage and Justice League Unlimited. I watched them whenever I caught them but the showtimes were so irregular on Toonami - the only channel available on British TV for any decent cartoons - they were so irregular that I could never catch it frequently.

Regardless. I caught this final episode and as not only a fan of the series but a Superman fan, I got real shivers down my spine during this episode. It is truly awesome. Enjoy, you guys.

"That man won't quit as long as he can still draw breath... none of my teammates will. Me? I've got a different problem: I feel like I live in a world made of cardboard. Always taking constant care not to break something. To break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control, even for a moment, as someone could die. But you can take it, can't you, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose, and show you just how powerful I really am."

The showtimes even here were crazy, Cartoon Network really didn't care for it I think towards the end. I suspect the show to end up going to DVD Movies who is that quote by? Darkseid? That to me who it sounds like. Not sure how I messed up on the spoiler tag.

Droo
May 7th, 2006, 06:25:41 PM
That is what Superman says to Darkseid just before he kicks his beehind! :D

If released on DVD, I'm sure I'll buy.

Jedieb
May 8th, 2006, 08:50:11 PM
The first season of Justice League is just getting released on DVD. The episodes I've seen of Justice League Unlimited have been AWESOME. Unlimited is probably a couple of years away from DVD release because they have to get through the first few seasons of JL, but I'll definitely be collecting Unlimited on DVD.

Jedi Master Carr
May 8th, 2006, 08:53:30 PM
I will probably buy all the seasons of the show.

Jedi Master Carr
May 13th, 2006, 09:10:44 PM
Cool Finale It was a great episode. The shocker is that Luthor saved the day although giving Darkseid the Anti-Life Equation may not be the best move. As Batman said they aren't dead, so I am betting they will return. I knew Superman or any of the Justice Leauge wouldn't kill Darkseid accoriding to the comics only Orion (his son) can do that. I suspect we will get direct DVD movies down the road. It would be curious to see maybe Luthor and Darkseid working together they actually did when Luthor was President in the comics. Still it is a great end to the show, and I will be picking it up on DVD.
Oh I loved this line by Darkseid "The skies will reign fire. The ocean will boil. The streets will run red with the blood of billions. Only then after your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life. Let's go!" I just love how Michael Ironside does his lines the man just has the perfect voice for that character.