PDA

View Full Version : What Digital Camera

Oriadin
May 3rd, 2006, 02:23:49 AM
Any ideas on what kind of digital camera I should get? Got a budget of about £200. What should I be looking for in a camera, what should I avoid? Whats are the better makes?

Also, should I go for normal batteries or one with a lithium battery built in?

Jaime Tomahawk
May 3rd, 2006, 04:09:50 AM
Super zoom cameras are a bit bulky compared to the super slim fashion accessories, but they have much better lens and much better abilities. My now basically retired Canon IS S2 was pretty damn good on my trip across America, of course it's no longer used as I have full dSLR now.

Some cameras have video mode.... they are surprisngly good at it but still compromised. You also really dont need anything above 6mp. my dSLR is 8.2mp and yet it can blow the hell out of 8 or higher mp point and shoots because of the lenses are a mile better. And this is also what a Super zoom gives you, a bigger lens that lets in more light, usually superior opticals as well and manual modes for when you get good.

Go with a camera that allows AA cells, you can get a regargable set and if you do have battery problems well AA cells are dead easy to get.

Canon, Nikon are probably the best, I prefer Canon myself.

Oriadin
May 3rd, 2006, 09:00:37 AM
I decided to go for a Nikon 7900. Came with the Lithium battery but its supposed to have outstanding battery life... we will see. Here is a link to a review if your interested:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=1266

Sounds pretty good. Just want to go home and give it a try!