PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Carribbean 2 Dead's Man's chest new trailer

Jedi Master Carr
May 2nd, 2006, 09:51:25 PM
Here is the new trailer
http://www.jbfans.com/
It looks awesome, Depp looks great in it of course.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 3rd, 2006, 12:25:22 AM
aweeesome!!!

:crack

edit: I think the special effects look really great. Captain Jack sounds like he's got as much good dialogue in this one as he did in the original. :D

Since I know they shot this and PotC3 back to back, I wonder what the third one will be about?

Rutabaga
May 3rd, 2006, 06:29:11 PM
"Oh bugger." :lol

Looks terrific! I loved the final slo-mo shot of Captain Jack a lot. :thumbup

Droo
May 3rd, 2006, 10:06:34 PM
Great trailer. Still a little uncertain on how the film will play out but I'm just thrilled to see Johnny Depp reprising his role as what is, in my opinion, the greatest cinema character since Anthony Hopkin's Hannibal Lecter.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 26th, 2006, 02:13:19 AM
http://i75.imagethrust.com/i/502314/skypotc3.jpg A rumored picture from Pirates 3. :p

Mitch
Jun 26th, 2006, 02:14:12 AM
He is Siamese if I please.

Droo
Jun 26th, 2006, 04:30:45 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
http://i75.imagethrust.com/i/502314/skypotc3.jpg A rumored picture from Pirates 3. :p

Many have debunked it as being fake. I don't have such a trained eye so I wouldn't know but regardless, I think such a look would suit old Captain Jack, should he go to Singapore.

Gabriel Rodermark
Jun 26th, 2006, 05:01:39 AM
Something doesn't look quite right with his face in relation to the rest of the picture. Still, it would be cool if that was one of the costumes featured in the 3rd film :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 26th, 2006, 07:58:36 AM
Well one of the villians in the third movie is a pirate from the far east, so it fits.

Ryan Pode
Jul 7th, 2006, 01:17:49 AM
Just saw it.

Second was eh. Lovely cliffhanger. I'll probably love 3. My problem was not enough plot. Anyone else feel that?

Jecht Tar
Jul 7th, 2006, 01:16:49 PM
I saw the movie last night at a midnight showing.

I thought the movie was rather weak. It was nowhere as good as the first and I felt cheated because it was so full of elements replayed from the first movie, such as all the rum business, the dog with the keys, and Will getting hit in the face with a paddle by Jack just like in the first movie, cept it was viceversa in the first. It was a good cliff hanger ending, but it made me feel cheated in the same way that the ending of Halo 2 made me feel cheated. Also, what the heck is Balbosa (sp) doing in the land of the living? Didn't he get shot in the chest and, most likely, the heart? I guess we'll have to wait till next summer to find the answer.

The Movie did have a lot of great stuff. Davy Jones' crew was awesome to look at. The only thing I didn't like was it was just like fighting the undead pirates again, only Davy Jones' crew didn't work with the same efficiency that Balbosa and his crew had. The movie really didn't have that much swashbuckling. The fight for the key was pretty awesome, but that scene was about the only major fight in the entirety of the movie

Bringing back some of the old faces was cool. Norrington was a great despite his short scenes. I kind of didn't like Will Turner Sr. being one of Davy Jones' crew, but it at least solve the debate over what happened to Bootstrap after he was thrown overboard.

All in all I give the movie a 7/10

Ambrose Braeden
Jul 7th, 2006, 01:58:41 PM
well hopefully the movies wont be so packed this weekend that i may be able to see it

Ryan Pode
Jul 7th, 2006, 02:42:59 PM
Take away the first 2 hours and 15 minutes and its a great movie. The third will be awesome though.

Callomas Savoc
Jul 7th, 2006, 05:43:09 PM
So is this movie as bad as the trailers made it appear to be?

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 7th, 2006, 08:51:41 PM
I loved the ending too
it was some cliffhanger. I knew when I heard the boots that was Barbarossa. You just know Jack will be back now. I loved the fights too the one with the wheel was great. And of course the two idiot pirates they were a riot Finally Depp still steals the show.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 8th, 2006, 02:05:57 AM
I thought it was awesome. :D I can't wait for the sequel.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 8th, 2006, 09:04:58 AM
Me either, the sequel should be a great end to the trilogy.

Droo
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:13:48 PM
When I saw this tonight, I thought it was a great film but not as good as the first one. That was until I saw the very last shot in the film.

When I watched POTC with Peter earlier in the week, I said to him about halfway through, "I'm going to miss Barbosa in the sequel." Then during the film, I thought: "Davy Jones is alright, but he's no Captain Barbosa," and later, "Bloody hell, I really miss Captain Barbosa!"

When I heard those boots walking down the stairs, I was convinced it was going to be Keith Richards as Jack Sparrow's father. When I saw Barbosa on the screen, I almost pinched myself. The mere promise of Barbosa in the final instalment in the trilogy is enough to elevate this film from very good to great, in my opinion. Bring on number 3!

Secondly, there were elements of this film that made me appreciate just how defining the plotlines from the original Star Wars trilogy truly are:

Rescue the rogue character in part three(Jack's rescue). The threat of the evil empire growing stronger(The West Indian Trade Comany). The emperor and his right hand man(Lord Beckett and Davy Jones, since with his heart, Beckett can control Davy Jones). And also, the whole misconception that Leia and Luke may be an item(Will saw Elizabeth kiss Jack).

I'm sure there are other examples to emphasize the point, but I just found that interesting. Keira Knightley really came into her own; I think I enjoyed her most in this - her tantrum on the island during the sword fight had me in hysterics and is my second favourite moment in the film. Johnny Depp had some wonderful moments but I felt a little less drawn to Jack Sparrow this time around. I think the film was relying on him too much at times and some of the comedy moments were a bit too much. Orlando Bloom is fine as Will, more tolerable this time around, I think. Davy Jones was wonderfully realised visually, but as a villain, he was far too one dimensional for my tastes. He's just a bad bad guy and the whole broken heart backstory is simply gratuitous and has given him no depth thus far. Let's see what the third film brings for him.

Overall, Dead Man's Chest is a very good film made great by one thing much as Curse of the Black Pearl was a great film made excellent by one thing previously. The first 60-70% of it is very poorly paced and I felt it drag occassionally, but the wealth of familiar characters and jokes salvaged these parts of the film. What the final third of the film does is promise that the third instalment has the potential to be the best.

Ps. Has anyone else stayed until after the credits? Very brief scene but it really tickled me. Check it out! :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 8th, 2006, 07:27:09 PM
The after the credits scene was really funny, but we had to watch it with the lights completely on. :mad

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:09:43 PM
The ninja didn't like the movie, but his review is pretty funny. :lol
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mBly9_mci90"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mBly9_mci90" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Arya Ravenwing
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:25:51 PM
Sellout shows again today, but only at the main theatre in the area. 4:40, 5:30, 6:20, 7:10 & 8:00 all sold out.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:53:26 PM
I will be seeing this tomorrow, if my fever goes away :(

Xel-Naga
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:57:36 PM
Oh my gosh, that was hilarious- I'm talking about the Ask a Ninja.

Peter McCoy
Jul 9th, 2006, 10:29:07 AM
I loved every minute of it. On par with the first one. Best cinema experience since 'Return of the King for me' Can't wait for my next viewing of it during the week.

Just in reply to the person who questioned the return of Barbossa at the end: Oh, you can have a mythical Kraken and Davy Jones 'Fish Face' but a guy can't come back from the dead!? Its a fantasy film, it fits. Just be happy that we get more Geoffrey Rush in the next one! :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 9th, 2006, 03:08:25 PM
It doesn't bother me. I loved the end and can't wait to see more of Rush in the sequel. He was brilliant in the first movie and I am curious to see how he plays into the third movie. I am wondering how he and Jack will act towards each other. Oh and I loved he finally got to eat his apple :p

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 9th, 2006, 03:19:59 PM
I am too sick to see this :( Next weekend it must be :cry

Razielle Alastor
Jul 10th, 2006, 02:23:42 PM
:love Norrington! <3 Barbosa! <3 Loved it! :)

Natia Telcontar
Jul 11th, 2006, 11:08:13 AM
Man that was an awesome Movie. Went to see it last night with my fiancees family and we all loved it. In my opinion, it's just as good as the first one.

Ryan Pode
Jul 11th, 2006, 11:09:05 AM
Anyone else pick up the sound track? Real creepy stuff on it.

Darth McBain
Jul 11th, 2006, 11:30:43 AM
Man, that ninja clip was awesome... :)

Rutabaga
Jul 16th, 2006, 03:55:13 PM
Saw it today...loved it, loved it, loved it!!!! My only wee complaint is that it dragged a little bit in the middle, but overall it was so much fun, and I'm glad we have only one year to wait before part 3 comes out!

I'd managed to avoid most spoilage on the movie, which meant I got some great treats I hadn't expected. First of all, I was thrilled that Norrington was back. I loved him in the first one, because he was a very sympathetic, likeable competitor for Elizabeth's hand...he wasn't your stereotypical rival that was black-hearted with a soul to match. He was a great character, and his return was very welcome. Although he was a bad boy in the end, and has handed Davy Jones's heart over to the meanie back in Port Royal. Naughty Norrington!!!

And BARBOSSA IS BACK!!!!! I've gotta tell you, I'd seen Geoffrey Rush's name in the credits at IMDB, and was looking for him throughout the whole movie...I'd figured maybe he would be another one of Davy Jones's crew or something...when I never saw him, I figured maybe the listing had been a mistake. Then when the voodoo woman said they needed someone who had been through those haunted waters, and the footsteps started coming down the steps...oh lordy, did I ever start squealing and bouncing around in my seat with nothing but happy happy joy joy. What an AWESOME cliffhanger!!!! I loved Barbossa in the first one...the combination of Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush in the first one was unbeatable, and to know that they'll now share the screen together again in the third one...YES!!!!

Loved the music, loved the action scenes (on the island with the natives and the whole duel on the rolling watermill wheel were top notch), Johnny Depp was great, Orlando Bloom was great, Keira Knightly was great...oh heck, it was all great. Terrific sequel! And what a great summer next summer will be, with both Spider-Man 3 and POTC 3. Wheeeeeeeeee!!!! :crack

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 16th, 2006, 04:17:20 PM
Next Summer is going to be unbelievable, especially May you have Spiderman 3, Shrek the 3rd, and POTC AT Worlds End. You also have Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoneix in July. Next summer is going to be one of the best summers, IMO.

Rutabaga
Jul 16th, 2006, 04:28:35 PM
Shame on me, I forgot about OOTP, 40 lashes with a wet noodle for me. :o

I'll be skipping Shrek 3, didn' t like Shrek 2. *runs and hides*

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 16th, 2006, 04:44:26 PM
Heh that is okay for either one. Shrek the 3rd is 4th on my list for that summer right now but there could be something else that might pass it, I don't know.

jjwr
Aug 16th, 2006, 11:49:36 AM
Finally saw this last weekend. It was good but I liked the first one a lot better. This didn't have the same feel as the first one, a lot less interaction between Jack and Will may have been part of it.

Loved the ending though, sets it up very nicely.

Darth McBain
May 2nd, 2007, 11:49:57 AM
Well, I finally got around to seeing this... I have to say, while I wanted to like this, I was mega-disappointed in this. I was only lukewarm about the first one, but this one just seemed way too incoherent for me. Too much inane physical comedy with no real sense of danger (for instance the cannibal scene was farcical, the fight on the water wheel - come on...) Too much that was assumed for you to know (oh, so Captain Jack is in Davy Jones' debt for the Black Pearl? well, that would have been nice to know). Too much happy coincidence (Depp, Knightly, and Bloom all seem to end up in the same place at the same time???) Depp wasn't bad as Captain Jack, but there was no way he could save this one for me. And Davy Jones and his cronies - meh... Overall a mediocre film in my book...

Yog
May 2nd, 2007, 12:05:18 PM
Well, I finally got around to seeing this... I have to say, while I wanted to like this, I was mega-disappointed in this. I was only lukewarm about the first one, but this one just seemed way too incoherent for me. Too much inane physical comedy with no real sense of danger (for instance the cannibal scene was farcical, the fight on the water wheel - come on...) Too much that was assumed for you to know (oh, so Captain Jack is in Davy Jones' debt for the Black Pearl? well, that would have been nice to know). Too much happy coincidence (Depp, Knightly, and Bloom all seem to end up in the same place at the same time???) Depp wasn't bad as Captain Jack, but there was no way he could save this one for me. And Davy Jones and his cronies - meh... Overall a mediocre film in my book...

Wow, that was a monster bump. I am almost tempted to use my necropost macro, if it were not for the fact the third movie in this franchise is opening soon.. :)

Anyway, I tend to agree with some of your thoughts there. As a movie, I feel it did not live up to it's box office numbers, buzz, big budget and cast, or even the first film. Although I will say it was a fun and entertaining flick, and that is after all the most important thing of all. There are far worse movies out there. Yep, I will obviously see number 3 as well, most likely in theaters. And so will most creatures with clothes and two legs.

Darth McBain
May 2nd, 2007, 01:41:41 PM
Yeah, that was a bump and a half... :) Shows how behind I am on movies...