PDA

View Full Version : [WoD] Just some good ol' fashion fun

Trevor D'ran
Apr 26th, 2006, 06:26:52 PM
That's what Trevor had on his mind as he walked down one of the older streets of Chicago. This one had mostly antiques and small family owned stores that specialized in trinkets and paintings. He loved looking in these stores, because he knew from personal experience that you never knew what would be history and what wouldn't went it came to arts and crafted pieces.

He was to leave to go back to LA the day after tomorrow and after having finished his business, he decided to treat himself to a bit of window shopping. Besides, he might find something he really liked.

He stopped at the intersection and was about to walk across when he felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. He looked at the screen and saw it was Tracy, an old friend of his that lived around these parts. He usually stopped in and said hello whe he was in town, but had decided that this trip he was going to try and stay away from that scene. He wanted to get back home in one piece.

He just smiled and put his phone back in his pocket. He would give the girl a call later, he thought to himself as he walked across the street and turned left. There was a small cafe sign that was hanging away from the building and Trevor decided to go grab a drink before continuing his walk.

Freddie Tibodeaux
Apr 26th, 2006, 07:41:50 PM
The sun was gettin plenty hot on the back of Freddie's neck, and he decide he was in for a good drink to pass the sun away. He stop at a cafe set catty-corner from his place, and had him a sit at the nearest barstool.

"Look man, you can mix a mint julep?"

Barkeep could smell the crescent city on the Traiteur, and he reach for the good bourbon on the top shelf. Freddie had himself a nice grin.

"Tres bien, monsieur."

A second man come sidlin into the joint, and Freddie tipped his shades down to get a peek.

Trevor D'ran
Apr 26th, 2006, 07:53:54 PM
Trevor walked into teh cafe and grabbed a local paper that was sitting in a rack just on the insie to his left and went and sat down on a stool about three down from the other man, before pulling out his wallet. He pulled a twenty from it and placed it on the bar. "Could you get me an Irish coffee? And a little extra whiskey in it please? Thanks."

He glanced around the bar once and nodded to the other man sitting down from him.

"Good day," was all he said before opening his paper and turning to the stocks section. While not a big fan of them, he had learned long ago that with enough time they could be profitable if you played the game right.

Freddie Tibodeaux
Apr 26th, 2006, 08:05:40 PM
"Could be" was Freddie's reply as the bartender brought his Julep on up, complete with a sprig of fresh mint leaf garnishin the top.

The fella down the bar looked like one of them high powered city folk. Read the stock section of the Tribune like he knew which way was up.

Freddie rolled the mint leaves between his fingers as he took a sip, sniffin the strong mint off his fingertips as he swallow. Then it was there, like an aftertaste on his drink. Somethin about this fella down the line was off a shade. Maybe God was givin ol' Freddie a tap on the shoulder all subtle like.

He shrugged and had another drink.

Trevor D'ran
Apr 26th, 2006, 09:36:10 PM
The man looked down the bar to the other man and just smiled and shook his head. Prehaps being Immortal made him open to more things, but he definitely couldn't see how any day couldn't be good unless you were dead.

He put down his paper and nodded his thanks as he reached out to take his drink from the bartender.

"Much obliged," he said, the slightest bit of Southern accent coming through. He sat it down next to his paper and quickly turned to the entertainment section. "Wonder if anything decent is on?"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 27th, 2006, 09:40:31 PM
Spring-cleaning around here means cataloging all the old stuff, or antiques if I didn't want Fiona thwapping me on the head. I had the relatively safe task of dividing our oil paintings on the basis of time period and design. It was actually brilliance on Fiona's part for allowing me to do this because it was giving me paper ideas for school. Problem is I have an attention span of a gnat when it's gorgeous out. I think for the last hour I've only work fifteen minutes because my eyes are fixated on blue skies, the gentle breeze in the air that tickled the trees and people in shorts. SHORTS!!!

Something needs to be done about this. Such beautiful weather in Chicago could last mere hours before it magically turned cold for no reason.

I plop down my file folder on the counter with oomph and smile ever so innocently, "How about we take a coffee break!"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 28th, 2006, 09:50:37 AM
"Coffee???"

:: Fiona looked up from the tibetan teapot she was appraising ::

"There is always time for coffee, Michele Hawkins."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 28th, 2006, 01:43:28 PM
Score!

"Want to head to Kristof's down the corner? We can nibble on some treats too."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 28th, 2006, 02:12:03 PM
"Splendid."

:: Fiona turned the sign around, and locked the door behind them ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 30th, 2006, 12:58:50 PM
Arm in arm we walked down the street towards the cafe. For a moment, I allowed myself to close my eyes and take in the fresh air and the warmth of the sun hitting my face.

But then my eyes snapped open when I felt a chill run through my bones and that familiar tingling sensation ran down the length of my body soon after. Another Immortal was nearby and it wasn't Fiona. This was a new sensation and I looked towards her with concern.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 30th, 2006, 01:15:29 PM
:: Fiona placed a hand on Michele's shoulder as she scanned the street and the adjacent blocks ::

"Stay close ... it could be Balan."

:: Her eyes narrowed, and whoever it was knew they were close ::

Trevor D'ran
May 1st, 2006, 11:45:11 AM
Trevor sat up straight and loked around through the mirror that was in front of him. While he had a good view directly behind him, he couldn't see to the edges of the outside window. He casually picked up his drink and spun about in his chair, leaned back against the bar.

Whoever it was was getting closer and there were two. He eyed people walking outside, but they were all walking alone. He started to turn back around when the bell at the front door rang to let the barkeep know someone was coming in. He turned back aroudn to see two young looking women come in, but he knew better than to believe that. He watched them as they came across the room.

Freddie Tibodeaux
May 1st, 2006, 07:20:30 PM
Bout that time, coupla hot hot girls come on through that door. Freddie tip his shades down one more again to catch a spy. Mighty fine.

Ol Blondie to the side was gettin twitchy. Maybe he had a thing with Boo, or Baby Boo. Course Freddie sure hope not. He smile at them a bit.

"Mighty hot one out. Come take a sit."

Michele Hawkins
May 1st, 2006, 07:34:31 PM
I look at the bleach blonde with a fear I was trying to hide with some success. I wasn't sure what the rules were when engaging another Immortal with normal people around, except to keep the Game a secret. I'm a lost puppy here so I stick to Fiona tightly and let her take the lead.

Trevor D'ran
May 2nd, 2006, 05:01:50 PM
"Yes, indeed," Trevor whispered to himself as he moved to clear the immeadiate area around him. He put his paper into one neat pile, offereing a clean area to sit in should the two decide to come and investigate who he was. While he wasn't looking for a fight, a conversation would be nice. Perhaps these two were fairly new to the Game and wouldn't be so ancy to try adn take his head.

Fiona Devlin
May 2nd, 2006, 06:07:16 PM
:: Fiona ran her fingers through her hair as she walked to the bar and took the seat next to Trevor. She gave Michele a reassuring glance to come sit. ::

Michele Hawkins
May 2nd, 2006, 06:13:15 PM
I didn't look too convinced but I trust Fiona with my life. So, I took a seat next to her away from Blondie. "Thanks. Both of you." Least my manners didn't totally disappear with being so freaked out.

Freddie Tibodeaux
May 3rd, 2006, 06:39:01 PM
Freddie give baby boo a nod in response. He tap his bankroll up on de counter.

"Whachoo have, beb?"

He lit him a smoke, wavin to de barkeep.

"Hey man, I can get an Abita fo the lady?"

Trevor D'ran
May 3rd, 2006, 06:57:11 PM
Trevor leaned over so as to speak softly. "I'm hoping you aren't out looking for trouble, cause I'm trying with the utmost difficulty to try and go the next 24 hours with getting any to tangles. But if you are just here for something to drink, the name is Trevor."

Fiona Devlin
May 3rd, 2006, 07:39:34 PM
"Fiona Devlin." she replied. "So what brings you to Chicago?"

Michele Hawkins
May 3rd, 2006, 07:41:09 PM
My eyes narrowed together tightly as confusion washed over my face. "What's an Abita?"

Trevor D'ran
May 3rd, 2006, 07:44:47 PM
"Just doing a little artifact hunting and then it is back to LA for me. I own a small art gallery there."

Freddie Tibodeaux
May 3rd, 2006, 07:57:47 PM
Freddie did a double take. He had to remember that he's up the bayou now, an people wasn't on de familiar with these sorts of things.

"Abita's a Louisiana brewery. Makes a fine beer if that's your likin."

De Ol' Man started again on Freddie, standin his neck hairs up. Somethin bout baby boo was spinnin his compass around like Blondie had. Even big boo felt that way. He was in de company of gifted folk of a sort.

Freddie smile out the corner of his mouth, an raise two fingers to de barkeep.

"Turbodog, merci."

He look back to baby boo and extend a hand.

"I'm Freddie. Who you is?"

Fiona Devlin
May 5th, 2006, 10:38:53 AM
:: Fiona paused to hold up 3 fingers to the barkeep, then turned to Trevor again ::

"I own a shop a few blocks down. Feel free to stop in after lunch."

Trevor D'ran
May 5th, 2006, 11:00:31 AM
"What kind of shop? I only look in places that might have things of value."

Fiona Devlin
May 5th, 2006, 11:14:00 AM
"Antiques. Rare books. That sort of thing." She gave Trevor a knowing wink.

Trevor D'ran
May 5th, 2006, 11:17:25 AM
"I see...and when do some of these things date back to?" He asked taking some of his drink.

Michele Hawkins
May 5th, 2006, 01:45:23 PM
I took his hand, "I is ... Ahem." Crazy accents. "I'm Michele. This is Fiona behind me."

Freddie Tibodeaux
May 22nd, 2006, 09:47:35 PM
"Pleasure meetin ya."

De barkeep come round ricky-tick wit de turbodog, an ole Freddie pass Michele a cold one.

"So whatcha be doin in de windy city, Michele? You an Fiona students?"

Michele Hawkins
May 23rd, 2006, 03:44:21 PM
I take the drink and tip it in thanks, "Thank you. Well, I'm the music student and work for Fiona. She owns an antique shop."

Fiona told me that less was always better and you can never go wrong with the truth. I figure if I say something stupid, I'll get a kick to the skin anyway.

Fiona Devlin
May 23rd, 2006, 04:02:58 PM
"That would depend on what your looking for."

:: Fiona paused to sample her ale as the barkeep set the drinks down ::

Trevor D'ran
May 25th, 2006, 05:31:55 PM
Trevor smiled. "Well I'm looking for anything for my gallery as long as it deals with art. Myself however, I'm more interested in older weapons and armor. Books as well. I'm a fan of old scientists and theologists."

Freddie Tibodeaux
Jul 11th, 2006, 10:01:00 PM
"Music eh?"

Freddie kick anotha cold gulp down.

"I'm a bit of a musician in passin too. Not quite de professional sort, less we talk bout playin fo dolla bills."

To emphasize de point, Freddie rattle about a peanut dish like pot o' change.

"But that a long time since when I play in de Vieux Carre."

Michele Hawkins
Jul 12th, 2006, 02:19:07 PM
"The Vieux Carre?" I try and sound it out so slowly I don't butcher the words. "Where is that and ... and what did you play there? Piano is my passion."

Fiona Devlin
Jul 12th, 2006, 03:10:34 PM
"It's the French Quarter, in New Orleans." Fiona chimed in.