PDA

View Full Version : [WoD] A Night of Rememberance.

Trevor D'ran
Apr 18th, 2006, 08:59:27 PM
Trevor smiled as he swung the sword around in loops in his hand. The balance was good and the rapier's hilt was extraodinary. No wonder he was asking so much for this beauty. It's worth all that and more.

But there is no need to tell him that, he thought as he turned back around and slid the blade into its scabbard. "Fifty thousand you say? Hm....I don't know. Seems a bit high for a rapier."

"I know you Trevor and you know perfectly well that I wouldn't ask for that kind of price if I didn't know for a fact that was what it was worth."

The blonde man chuckled and nodded. "Ok, ok old man. You'll get your money. I'll have David wire the funds to you as soon as I get back to the office. Deal?"

Victor nodded, satisfied with his latest sale. "Deal. You should know me better than that anyways Trevor. What with all the swords I sell to you. How many you gots now?"

"From you? This precious makes twelve. You know I love this kind of stuff. Besides look at the care it took to make this. If I didn't personally buy it I'd definitely but this and all the others on display in the gallery."

"I know, I know. Now get on out of here. I'm fixing to close up and go home. Tonights the anniversary. I just hope I haven't forgotten anything. I'll call you if anything else comes in I think you'll be interested in."

"Ok Vic. G'night," Trevor said as he walked out the door. He pulled his car keys out of his pocket and used the remote to unlock his car. He hoped in and put the rapier in the passenger's seat before starting up the car.

He smiled as he looked at the sword beside him. He had been waiting for nearly sixty years to have this thign back in his hands and now his collection was almost complete. Only two more to go, but before I do anymore looking, I think I'll treat myself to a night out on the town. I haven't been in Chicago for awhile so why not? What could possibly go wrong?

Trevor D'ran
Apr 19th, 2006, 01:02:52 PM
Trevor turned onto Southport Ave about forty minutes later and spotted one of his favorite bars in town. The Redder. He pulled up a few buildings in front of the place before he actually found a spt to park in. Once he was parked, he jumped out and reached in the back seat and grabbed a leather black over coat. He shut the door and locked the car before putting the coat on over his black slacks and a white longsleeved t-shirt.

"There we go. Not to dressy and not to casual," he said as he looked at his window's reflection of himself. He walked down to the entrance and flashed his ID to the guy at the front door. He walked in and a hostess came over, but he just held his hand up. "No thanks, I'm just here for the bar."

He weaved his way through the crowd to get over to the oak bar and put his Visa down on the counter. "Can you open me a tab and I'll have a Scotch, double please. Thank you."

He sat down and glanced over at the tv on the wall and grimaced. There was a football game on and looked like the home team was really taking it to the other team. Oh well. Better luck next year I guess.

He smiled and nodded to the bartender as he brought over his drink and placed it on a napkin in front of Trevor. "Thanks. I'll be needing another in about ten minutes."

Jason Dreggs
Apr 19th, 2006, 01:28:50 PM
"Plan on drinking yourself into a stupor mister?"

Jason was hanging at the end of the bar having a drink of his own. He had some beer from the tap in his hand. Jason was wearing a short leather Jacket, with a white shirt underneath, and blue jeans. He certainly wasn't dressed like a normal patron of this place would be.

"I'd just be careful getting drunk in this city if I where you."

Trevor D'ran
Apr 19th, 2006, 01:34:45 PM
Trevor lifted his drink in a mock toast and smiled as he shook his head. "Yeah that's the plan. Thanks for the tip. Though I doubt there are that many things out there that would scare me."

He took a sip of his Scotch and set the glass back down. "Besides you're the one that looks like you're needing to be careful. No offense or anything but people don't usually come in here dressed so casual just to drink a beer."

Jason Dreggs
Apr 19th, 2006, 02:16:36 PM
"You'd be surprised what’s out there sir to many things lurk in the shadows it's hard to know all of them."

Jason wasn't trying to torment no he was trying his best to get information out of him. Find out who he was where he was from. Anything that could prove useful much like in Alexandria Jason was trying to set himself up so he could know all the right faces. In games that Vampires played anyone who looked like they had money or power was a face to be knowing.

"As for me being in this place dressed as I am. No one here cares what I wear as long as I walk through the door with the money they want. If you knew my father or the people I work for you would understand."

Trevor D'ran
Apr 19th, 2006, 02:27:05 PM
Trevor shook his head and chuckled.

"Ahh...the offspring of a rich man then? You're right of course. One would be surprised by the things that walked in the shadows at night. Though I doubt one would be dumb enough to mess with something before learning about their prey."

He took another sip of his drink and then reached over with his left hand. "Trevor D'ran, owner of Night's Beauty. It's a small, profitable art gallery in Los Angeles."

Jason Dreggs
Apr 19th, 2006, 04:55:44 PM
"LA interesting never been there myself. My father's business only delete with people in Chicago and New York here in the United States. I'm primary from London myself where my fathers business is based."

Jason did have a hint of an English accent to his voice but it wasn't very prominent. In fact he sound more American then English but his mother was American, which he always used as an excuse for his bad English accent.

Jason then went to shake Trevor's hand, Jason’s hand was deathly cold to the touch as was normal for something that wasn't exactly dead but not exactly alive either.

"Names Jason Dreggs, as for my occupation It’s better not discussed in public places. Mostly though I run around spending my fathers money."

Trevor D'ran
Apr 20th, 2006, 11:05:35 AM
"Sounds like a good life. You might want to think about investing in a pair of gloves though," he said as he pulled his hand back from Jason. He rubbed it on his pants to bring some of the warmth back into it. "So you are from London eh? Been there a few times. Not recently though. It was such a nice place though."

Jason Dreggs
Apr 20th, 2006, 06:33:20 PM
"Yeah it is nice place much better then Chicago anyway."

It' was clear from Jason's voice he wasn't fond of Chicago. In fact deep down he was bit home sick he hadn't been to London in over a year and it was starting to wear on him. He still held deep roots in that city and he didn't know if he would ever get over them.

"So what brought you to the windy city, some precious piece of art or something?"

Trevor D'ran
Apr 20th, 2006, 06:43:51 PM
"Actually yes. You see, not only do I seel art, but I do tend to collect them as well. Right now I'm in the process of collecting five rapiers. All of them were made by a common blacksmith about....oh I'd say roughly six hundred years ago in France," he said before pausing to finish his drink. He motioned for the bartender for a refill.

"Legend has it that the Pope was traveling through the country and his caravan came under attack. While he was not harmed and only some precious jewels and gold and of course his gaurds weapons were taken, he did not want to be viewed as weak. He sent four of his personal gaurd to a nearby town to retrieve any type of weapon. They came upon a common blacksmith who also happened to be a devout Christian. He gave them his finest rapiers and they went back to the Pope. It is said that he blessed the weapons personally and to this day anyone that holds one of the weapons has a sword that has been touched by God. Supposedly they are supposed to be undefeatable in battle."

He nodded as the bartender brought him his drink and sat it in front of him. "Sounds loony to believe, but there are those out there that do. I'm trying to get the whole set and them wait a little while and see how the market goes for them."

Jason Dreggs
Apr 22nd, 2006, 10:27:18 AM
"Well there are allot of tall tails that seem looney at first. Yet in truth life is sometimes stranger then fiction."

Although Jason was laugh at the thought of a holy Blade in the hands of Vampire. It would funny to see how much power was in a true holy artifact. It was true though a holy cross could not hurt a vampire unless in the hands of a true beleiver. The thought of these holy Blade's in a true believers hands scared Jason a bit.

"So how many of these holy undefeatable rapiers to you have anyway? I'd imagine they would be a pain to find and carry a very hefty price?"

Trevor D'ran
Apr 22nd, 2006, 10:41:55 AM
"Right now just three. I bought the third just tonight, and you're right. You couldn't believe the pain it is to buy any of them. Most of them either are or were in the hands or some religious fanatics. This last one I got off pretty easy. Just a mere fifty thousand. I'm trying to negotiate with a man in London about the fourth one. So far the cheapest I could get him was to about 3.4 million dollars. If I pounced on that offer it would take one heck of a chunk out of my savings. As for the whereabouts of the last one, who knows? could be anywhere. Sitting in a museum, stashed away in someone's collection, or even buried somewhere."

"I've only seen them together in paintings and stuff like that. I doubt there is anyone alive that has seen more than two in the same room together. "

Jason Dreggs
Apr 22nd, 2006, 11:48:46 AM
"I don't know about that I know some old people."

Jason laughed at his own joke although he knew it wasn't that funny. Although deep down it was less of a joke and more of the truth. He did know some very old people who probably had seen the swords before and probably had a good idea where the fifth missing one was. Yet Jason despite his disagreements with the camarilla still upheld the masquerade.

"Fifty thousand are even sure it's the real thing or did some widow find it in her garage and think it was a junk so she pawned it? As for the one for 3.4 million well that sounds like a week long vacation with my Dad on Remote Island for some father son bounding."

Jason downed his last gulp of beer with that statement.

"So once you have all five lets say, what are your plans from there? You gonna keep in a safe somewhere to collect dust amongst your collection?"

Trevor D'ran
Apr 22nd, 2006, 11:52:24 AM
"I don't know, but probably. I like collecting anythig that has a history or legend behind it. Then again if someone offers me more than I payed for them, what's to keep me from selling them. All five together would be priceless, but I'm sure that someone would have enough money for them," he said with a sly grin. "Who knows? There might be some out there that value a sword that won't let them lose more than life itself."

Jason Dreggs
Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:05:58 PM
"Your right, money is all that makes the world go around." Jason smirked a slight grin on his face. "I myself still can't believe there is so much power in a little piece of paper that can be burn or ripped apart so easily."

Jason took a drink of his beer.

"There was time when humanity put stock in shine gold and silver and Knowledge to gain power. Yet now we put all that stock into a dull colored paper bill."

Jason stood there for a moment thinking of himself a rich boy who denounced his father and the wealth he would inherit. That money never meant much to Jason no there where other ways he would gain his power and influence over the world.

"Well it was nice meeting you good luck with finding your swords and later with finding your power in the bill. When this country and the next collapses do to war good luck holding onto all power and wealth you accomplished."

Jason let a sarcastic grin hang on his face as he set down his beer and some money on the bar. Then he started on his way out of the bar.