PDA

View Full Version : [WoD] Ohhhhhhhhh Viennaaaaaaaaa (COMPLETE)

Fiona Devlin
Apr 18th, 2006, 10:45:28 AM
"The rhythm is calling
Alone in the night as the daylight brings a cold empty silence
The warmth of your hand and a cold grey sky"
- Ultravox, "Vienna"

VIENNA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

:: The trip from Chicago to Vienna was lost in a dream as Fiona slept through most of it. Michele, amusingly enough, was a ball of energy waiting to get off the plane. Fiona was dressed in a long coat and a stetson that Michele teased was her Carmen Sandiego look ::

"Carmen who???"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 18th, 2006, 03:02:42 PM
"... Sandiego. You know, from the old computer games?"

She gave me a blank look.

"Cartoon maybe?"

Nuthin'.

"Game show?"

Blank look still, so I broke into song.

"Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?!"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 18th, 2006, 03:09:58 PM
:: Fiona looked even more daunted as they walked outside ::

"I don't know."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 18th, 2006, 03:12:13 PM
"Heh."

I steal her hat and put it on with a wink.

"No worries. Problem and chiding solved."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 18th, 2006, 03:48:40 PM
:: Her pout turned into a smile and she laughed ::

"You look good."

:: She waved at a cab and opened the back door ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 18th, 2006, 03:53:38 PM
I straighten the stetson and give her my best profile pose, "I do look good don't I?"

In a giggling fit, I hop into the cab while Fiona oversees the handling of our luggage.

I probably look like a little kid, bouncing in my seat, poking my head here and there to see the buildings and the people. I mean, wow, I'm really here. Vienna! I haven't slept in twenty-four hours and I'm raring to go for another so I can soak up everything this city has to offer. I don't want to blink and miss something new and different.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 18th, 2006, 04:30:42 PM
:: They arrived at Le Méridien Vienna, and Fiona waved a hand in front of Michele as she walked in a daze ::

"Are you okay?"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 18th, 2006, 04:32:02 PM
I blinked.

"Huh?"

Fiona was looking at me somewhat worried. My cheeks reddened.

"Yeah! Just, got sensory overload happening I think."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 18th, 2006, 05:02:32 PM
:: A hotel attendent took their bags and followed them as Fiona checked in, and then led them up to their room. She took off her coat and draped it over a chair ::

"So, what do you want to do first, Michele Hawkins?"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 18th, 2006, 05:17:29 PM
I whirl around in a daze. The room was amazing! It was almost as big as our condo back in Chicago. Everything was decorated in the latest fashion of warm spring colors accentuated with earthen tones.

I think I might've skipped across the spacious room to open the curtains. The Opera House was right there and I wanted to go now! But it was four in the afternoon and the concert didn't start until eight.

"I have no idea, Fiona." I twirl around and toss the stetson like a frisbie onto the nearest comfy chair. "Maybe go look at the rest of the hotel?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 18th, 2006, 05:25:52 PM
:: She nodded, hiding her sword in the closet, then started playing with Michele's hair ::

"They have a pool here." she winked.

Michele Hawkins
Apr 18th, 2006, 05:30:35 PM
I smirk, wrapping my arms around her waist, "I think we have ourselves a plan."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 18th, 2006, 05:37:01 PM
:: Fiona leaned backwards in Michele's arms, snatching a rose from a vase on the table and held it in her teeth with a grin ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 18th, 2006, 05:48:03 PM
My smirk grows into a wide smile and I turn Fiona around to face me. I lead us, very badly, into a tango. Thankfully my horrible dancing stopped quickly since the luggage wasn't far.

I pull out my suitcase and rummage from my towel and black and white bikini. Once I had those items in my hot little hands, I stripped and got dressed in record time. Course, two pieces of cloth that barely covere the essential areas shouldn't take that long to put on.

Yet, Fiona was dilly daddling while I was pacing the door.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 18th, 2006, 06:00:51 PM
:: Fiona came back out of the bathroom, pulling on a kimono robe over her red bikini ::

"I'm ready." :D

Michele Hawkins
Apr 18th, 2006, 06:05:40 PM
I open the door and bow, "After you M'lady."

Arm in arm we walk down to the elevators and head down to the pool area. No one was around. Score!

My towel goes flying off as I dive into the crystal clear, perfectly temperatured, water. I swim about halfway underneath before I pop my head out, shaking my now bedraggled hair like dog.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 18th, 2006, 06:19:27 PM
:: Fiona lingered a bit on the bottom of the pool, then broke the surface ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 18th, 2006, 06:23:46 PM
I watch Fiona's waving form still at the bottom of the pool, growing a wee bit concerned. I didn't know we were having a holding your breath contest.

When she finally came to the surface, I swam up behind her and kissed her neck, before dunking my woman under the water. Hehee...

Fiona Devlin
Apr 18th, 2006, 06:33:05 PM
:: Fiona let herself submerge, and took Michele down with her ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 18th, 2006, 06:40:59 PM
Doh!

Well, I shoulda seen that one coming. Heh. I barely had time to take a breath before I was pulled under as well. Now we were stuck in a game of who could get who to let go first. Of course I was loosing since Fiona was stronger then me.

Then it wasn't getting funny anymore. I couldn't hold my breath for much longer and my eyes pleaded with Fiona to let me go.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 18th, 2006, 06:45:38 PM
:: Fiona was grinning, and bubbles rushed from her mouth as she laughed beneath the water ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 18th, 2006, 06:57:20 PM
I almost got away but was yanked down to a laughing Fiona ... Who's mouth was still hanging open.

What the HELL???

In my surprise, I didn't realize I puffed out the breath I was holding in and felt the rush of water enter my lungs. But I wasn't drowning. My chest compressed and expanded like I was breathing normally as if I had been doing this my entire life. I floated there in awe, watching the bubbles float away from my mouth with each exhalation. I probably had a stupid grin on my face by my excitement but I didn't forget about Fiona and her wicked sense of humor. Woman made me freak out for no reason!!!

Frothy bubbles exhaled outta my nose when I growled and took Fiona in my arms, kissing her deeply.

What an evil way of showing me that Immortals could breath underwater. No wonder she wanted to come to the pool.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:00:59 PM
:: Fiona returned the kiss as they floated back up to the surface intertwined ::

Rod Stafford
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:08:49 PM
The buildings of Vienna stood like a row of bad teeth against the pale blue sky. The stones were decayed and stained yellow. Ranks of proud emerald statues guarded gates and hung from the rooftops. The architecture was beautiful and reminded Rod of Liverpool's St. George's Hall. He'd enjoyed lunch in a busy café full of people speaking in languages he didn't understand and thus far, pointing and smiling had worked a treat.

On the European mainland, people were much more forgiving of his eccentric appearance. Rod's untended hair flew out this way and that, a style pioneered in Amsterdam according to Nick, his red shirt was speckled with white polka dots and he wore his favourite large black boots. Unfortunately, they did not go well with the tartan kilt he was wearing. He was pleased to be travelling again and smiled at everyone with whom he made eye contact. A glowing, toothy smile.

He had been staying at the hotel Le Méridien Vienna, which sat neatly in the heart of the city. For the last two hours he'd been retracing his steps, twice he went in a circle and once he walked into the town hall and asked for the keys to his room. Finally, he arrived at the right place. He slipped through a gate which was wrapped in ivy and pink flowers and strolled through the gardens towards the rear hotel entrance. He passed by a large pane of steamed glass and stopped.

Inside, two attractive young women frolicked in the water together. They laughed and splashed each other, spent lengthy periods under the shimmering water together, and even shared an intimate kiss. Mouth agape, Rod llumbered up to the window and pressed his face against it. His sweaty palms squeaked against the warm glass. Bubbles danced around the pair on the water's surface, they kissed again, their gleaming arms snaking around each other.

"My, how the times have changed." Whispered Rod, as he stared. And stared. And stared...

Fiona Devlin
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:19:09 PM
:: Fiona's eyes blink suddenly, then focus on the voyeur as she breaks the kiss with a gasp ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:26:58 PM
The gasp startled me. It wasn't the type of gasp I was hoping for. It was more like, what the hell are you doing kinda tone. Now, maybe I was getting a little too affectionate at the edge of the pool with my wandering hands, but Fiona normally doesn't mind. Hell, usually she's the culprit.

But she was looking past me. I turned around to see what was wrong and some freak of a guy with a polka dot shirt is staring at us.

"Enjoying the show???" I splash the water against the window to get that dumb look off his face.

Rod Stafford
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:39:32 PM
As the water slides down the inside of the window, the two women suddenly become clear to him again. They are clearly unimpressed by their audience. He steps away from the window and smiles sheepishly at them. He waves.

<CENTER>http://www.andrew-milligan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/wod/rod/vienna.jpg</CENTER>

Fiona Devlin
Apr 18th, 2006, 07:44:30 PM
:: Fiona rose up out of the water, memories racing as she gazed upon his face. She knew him ::

Rod Stafford
Apr 19th, 2006, 07:31:18 AM
The snap of the leather reigns cracked throughout the forest, the rickety wooden wheels stirred into motion and the chestnut steed kicked up the first of the fallen yellow leaves. In his mother's arms, René shuddered. Behind them, a thundering of hooves fast approached and above, a grey morning sky winked through the thick trees.

"Fly, Bolas! Faster!" His father cried, cracking the reigns once more.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 19th, 2006, 10:15:29 AM
ENGLAND: 1195 A.D.

:: Fiona was busy hunting when she heard the sounds of chase rushing her way. Breakfast hopped off down a rabbit hole and Fiona dove in the other direction as the horses thundered down the path. Sir Guy of Gisburne's men-at-arms. Who were the bastards chasing now??? ::

Rod Stafford
Apr 19th, 2006, 10:32:55 AM
"Here, son. Hold tight onto the reigns."

René grasped the thick strap with his small hands. His mother rummaged around in a straw sack beside her. She pulled out a silver globe; green and white light bounced off its smooth surface. His father took it in his left hand, he stood up in the cart and faced their pursuers. He held his free hand aloft and spoke Enochian.

When his mother offered to assist him with reigns, René pulled them away from her and cracked the straps. They raced forward along the dirt path deep into Sherwood forest. His brow knit with focus and his hands stung with the rubbing leather. Behind them, there was an almighty snap. A huge branch suddenly fell from a tree and crashed down upon one of the riders.

"Hold on, son. Everything will be alright!"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 19th, 2006, 12:12:28 PM
:: The horse wandered a bit from it's fallen rider, and Fiona wasted no time. She gave the soldier a quick pounce as he tried to get up, then mounted the horse and joined the chase ::

Rod Stafford
Apr 19th, 2006, 12:33:42 PM
"Mother, I have an idea," said René, his eyes fixed on the path ahead of them.

"Empty the sack of turnips onto the road behind us."

Flustered, his mother took the sack in her trempling hands and turned around. She knealt on her wooden seat and emptied the sack over the edge of the cart. René heard the turnips thud and tumble along the path behind them. He heard a horse squeal and presumed the plan had worked. His father was still chanting, he understood one of the words: slithen.

An arrow whistled overhead and buried itself into a tree trunk with a twang. No skilled bowman would miss his target by that much, even when riding horseback. 'Slithen' was Enochian for 'arrow'.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 19th, 2006, 01:19:07 PM
http://panic.hopto.org/swf/sorsha/fiona_riding.jpg

:: Fiona caught up to the last of Gisburne's men and grinned at him. He growled back, taking a swipe at her with his sword. She ducked down in the saddle, executing a half-dismount spinning kick into his ribs that unhorsed him. It was a trick she picked up from her journeys east, and he never saw it coming ::

Rod Stafford
Apr 19th, 2006, 02:13:33 PM
"Many thanks, stranger!" cried out his father.

Curious, Rod turned to catch sight of this stranger. Suddenly, his mother cried out.

"René, the road!"

A boulder sat on the inside of the dirt path, he yanked on the leather strap but was too late to avoid it. The carriage shuddered violently. His mother screamed and dived down. She fell on top of her son and sent him reeling, still holding onto the reigns. Bolas veered off course and dragged the carriage behind him. It rumbled off the path and into a ditch at full speed. René saw his father launched out of the cart and into the air. The wooden beams attatching the carriage to the horse snapped in two and he could no longer keep hold of the straps.

The carriage wheels splintered and buckled. The cart turned upside down. René watched the world spin around him in a bright, dizzy blur as he and his mother barrelled into the thick forest underbrush.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 19th, 2006, 02:45:23 PM
:: Fiona's mount was struck by an arrow from the second group of Gisburne's men up ahead. Another arrow peirced her body as the horse reared up, throwing her into a tree. Her neck snapped audibly as she hit the ground at an awkward angle ::

Rod Stafford
Apr 19th, 2006, 03:21:39 PM
The stranger fell limp by his side, her eyes open and lifeless. René gasped. He heard the familiar clip-clop of hooves behind him. His mother was weeping over his father nearby. Blood weaved down the dirty creases in his face. He scrambled over to his father and pressed an ear against his chest. His heart pounded and his chest rose and fell steadily.

"Not so fast, boy," said a gruff voice from behind.

Three mounted men approached. They rode slowly off the path and into the ditch. René and his mother grabbed his fathers arms and dragged him through the grass away from the soldiers. They laughed heartily at their desperation. René tripped backwards over a piece of the broken carriage. The men laughed again and his mother whimpered.

Sat in the mud, the boy felt a great rage boil in his chest. When he tried to climb to his feet he felt something wooden beneath his hand. He grasped it and stood. Stepping over his father's body, he gauged the man closest to him and fired. The arrow from the crossbow hit him in the chest and he fell from his horse upon impact.

"You little bastard!"

The captain and the other soldier dismounted and drew their swords. René threw the crossbow at one of them and he ducked out of the way. They approached slowly, the tips of their blades gleaming. He took a deep breath, looked at his mother, then with a roar, charged at the soldiers.

"It was a brave effort, my little darling."

René looked up at his mother through one eye. The other was purple and swollen, his face was cut and heavily bruised, and his thick hair was matted with blood. She offered him a look of consolation as she was lead into the back of a cage wagon. He hopped after her; as well as his hands, his feet had also been bound together after he had kicked one of the guards in the shin.

A guard booted him in the rear and he fell inside. The cage was locked behind him and soon enough, they were on the move, being towed back towards the town. He huddled up close to his mother. Sha had stopped crying but was very pale. His father was still unconcious and the stranger's corpse had been dumped next to him.

"I wonder who she was," he mumbled.

He crawled over to the body and examined it. Her skin was still warm and soft. René ran his fingers over the jagged bump on her neck and over the arrow in her chest. He winced, and tightened his grip on the feathered arrow shaft.

"She tried to save us."

He yanked it out.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 19th, 2006, 04:21:00 PM
:: Minutes passed after the arrow was removed, then the bones in Fiona's neck clicked, reknitting as her eyes fluttered open. She gasped, and stared wildly at Rene and his Mother where they sat ::

Rod Stafford
Apr 19th, 2006, 04:27:43 PM
In fright, René launched himself backwards. He hit the wagon bars with a clang and there was silence aftwards while he and his mother stared at the women. He opened his mouth.

"You... how... your neck! How?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 19th, 2006, 04:47:15 PM
:: Fiona held a finger to her mouth as one of the men shouted at Rene ::

Rod Stafford
Apr 19th, 2006, 05:50:20 PM
"I said 'Shut your gob!', didn't I?"

The burly man had a bushy moustache and rosy cheeks. In his hands, he brandished a Cat O' Nine Tails. He smiled with malicious intent. He hopped onto the rolling cage wagon and fumbled with a large key. His eyes remained fixed on René and his mother while he unlocked the door. It swung open with a crash, the keys jingled in the lock. He flexed the leather whip in his hands and took a step forward.

"Please, sir," René said, "You don't want to do this."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 19th, 2006, 06:17:59 PM
:: Fiona waited until the man was close enough. Then she sprung into motion, driving her heels into his chin and leapt out of the cage as he dropped. Still moving, she scooped up his sword and twirled it as the other two soldiers gazed in disbelief ::

Rod Stafford
Apr 19th, 2006, 06:26:34 PM
Although still in awe of having witnessed a miracle, René jumped up and took advantaged of the fallen soldier. His feet still bound, he started stomping on the soldier's head.

"I... told... you... that... you... didn't... want... to... do... that... you... fat... bugger..."

"René!"

"Sorry... mum..."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 19th, 2006, 06:48:30 PM
:: Fiona dispatched the second man easily , and now stood wielding two swords in wild patterns as she rushed the last one with a battle cry. He fled and she stopped in her tracks, letting one of the swords fly. It spun through the air, killing him instantly. She stuck the other blade in the ground and crouched, her heart pounding in her ears from the adrenalin ::

Rod Stafford
Apr 19th, 2006, 06:55:11 PM
The man beneath his feet was unconscious. He saw the bloody display and hopped across to the other side of the wagon. He pressed himself up against the bars and looked through at the woman.

"Twice you saved our lives today, stranger. Thank you."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 19th, 2006, 07:10:48 PM
"My name is Fiona."

http://panic.hopto.org/swf/sorsha/fiona_sherwood.jpg

:: She turned the horses onto the path towards Sherwood Forest ::

:: Fiona stood staring, and finally uttered a name ::

"Rene???"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 19th, 2006, 07:14:52 PM
"Rene?" I repeat in confusion. How the hell did Fiona know this jerk with the stupid grin permanently stuck on his face.

Oh wait.

Oh hell no ... Not him! Fiona only has that look if she knows someone from the past!

I groan and hold my head, "Tell me he's not like you!"

Rod Stafford
Apr 19th, 2006, 07:20:05 PM
He read her lips when she spoke his name. He dropped his hand and stared at the woman in the pool. His eyes widened: it was her. He approached the glass again, and pressed himself against it, staring in. His grin stretched into a dazzling white smile. A look of joy, and for the first time in over a year, recognition, was upon his face.

"Fiona?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 19th, 2006, 07:24:04 PM
:: Fiona shook her head ::

"No .... no he's not .... "

:: her voice trailed off as she went out to meet him ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 19th, 2006, 07:27:13 PM
"Thank god for small favors then." I jump onto the ledge and wrap myself with my towel before chasing after Fiona.

Well, more like a slow stroll chasing after Fiona because I was trying to delay meeting the weirdo. I've met several people from Fiona's past who were eccentric but ... polka dot shirt with a kilt??? COME ON!!!

Rod Stafford
Apr 19th, 2006, 07:32:33 PM
For a moment, Rod stood staring at Fiona, practically aglow. He stepped forward and placed his hands gently on her damp shoulders.

"It's good to see you again, stranger."

Then suddenly, he threw his arms around her and wrapped her in a hug. He sighed with relief.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 19th, 2006, 07:37:23 PM
:: Fiona stood there awkwardly, dripping wet and returned the hug gently. But her face was a mask of total bewilderment as she looked at Michele over Rene's shoulder ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 19th, 2006, 07:39:55 PM
"Okay," I break the silence with my annoyed tone, "If he's not one of you then what is he doing here?"

As I said, Fiona knew Rene from his past. That generally means several decades at the least. He didn't look much older then either of us so there had to be a reason he was able to live so long.

Rod Stafford
Apr 19th, 2006, 07:53:29 PM
He broke his embrace with Fiona and became aware of the other woman once more. His clothing was now soaking wet but he was oblivious. He looked from Fiona to her friend.

"Forgive me, milady. It's just that it has been so long since I last saw Fiona." He stepped forward and extended his hand.

"My name is Rod Stafford. Pleased to meet you."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 20th, 2006, 11:41:46 AM
:: Fiona cleared her throat ::

"So ... what brings you to Vienna?????????"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 20th, 2006, 03:16:23 PM
I made no idication I was going to take his hand. Instead I crossed my arms and looked dubious at 'Rod'. "... And your name is Rene."

Rod Stafford
Apr 20th, 2006, 03:43:13 PM
"Not anymore."

Rod looked puzzled at Fiona.

"Over eight hundred years it has been and you want to know what brings me to Vienna?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 20th, 2006, 04:14:58 PM
:: Fiona quickly clamps a hand over Rane's mouth before he can finish ::

"We have quite alot to talk about."

:: She took Rene by the hand and nodded to Michele. They were going back up to the room ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 20th, 2006, 04:19:22 PM
I roll my eyes and sigh. I'm just a wee bit ticked off that our vacation already has started on a wonderful note. I just can't wait to see how the rest of the damn week's gonna be like.

I follow Fiona back upstairs to our room and grab my suitcase so I could change. Let those two catch up. I'll be in the bedroom and when I come back, hopefully things will be straightened out to some extent.

Rod Stafford
Apr 20th, 2006, 04:22:28 PM
Rod gestures to the bedroom door when it closed.

"Did I do something wrong?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 20th, 2006, 04:38:47 PM
:: Fiona narrowed her eyes as the door shut, then opened it and waved him inside ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 20th, 2006, 04:40:37 PM
I looked up with wide eyes and grab a shirt to cover my bare chest. I wasn't expecting them to come in here. "What the hell are you doing???"

Rod Stafford
Apr 20th, 2006, 04:56:03 PM
Michele wasn't the only one wide-eyed. Rod looked from her to Fiona, then back to her and then back to Fiona. He felt like a tennis umpire.

"Look, if this is a bad time..."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 20th, 2006, 05:03:39 PM
:: Now that they were behind closed doors, Fiona's composure finally unraveled ::

"What in the name of Sweet Brigid are You doing Here???!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 20th, 2006, 05:06:18 PM
"Oh I don't know! Lemme think." Carefully balancing the shirt to cover the essentials, I point out my entire soaking wet body. "Maybe I wanted to change so all the damn furniture wouldn't get all wet!"

Sometimes, I want to strangle my girlfriend for making me state the obvious.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 20th, 2006, 05:08:33 PM
"Not you, Michele Hawkins! HIM!"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 20th, 2006, 05:10:09 PM
"Oh... " Well, don't I feel dumb.

I wince, "Sorry, Fiona."

Rod Stafford
Apr 20th, 2006, 05:14:21 PM
Rod had to stifle a laugh after her outburst. He disguised as a mere clearing of the throat. He turned to Fiona, suprised at her sudden change.

"Well, a year ago I was a stable boy working on a large manor in southern England, it was 1205. Then one night, the manor came under attack from the Tremere. I was rendered unconcious and when I awoke, I found myself in Liverpool, in the year 2005. Now, I'm just trying to catch up with the times..."

He glanced at Michele and smirked.

"...and things have certainly changed."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 20th, 2006, 05:30:52 PM
:: Fiona reached out, gently turning Rene's face from Michele ::

"Tremere ... "

:: The disgust in her tone as she uttered the word was unmistakable to both of them ::

Rod Stafford
Apr 20th, 2006, 05:37:27 PM
"Yes. The war turned very ugly," Rod's tone switched dramatically. The smile faded from his face.

"They followed myself and others to England; picking us off one by one. And from what little history I've been able to learn, the Order has never fully recovered."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 20th, 2006, 05:47:45 PM
With Rene and Fiona engaged in conversation, I turn around and quickly finish dressing. I really don't get how her little wayward time traveling friend got here and his story made no sense 'cept for mentioning the Tremere. That much I could get. Otherwise, the conversation went over my head ... Like the tales of yore often did.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 20th, 2006, 05:51:59 PM
:: Fiona shivered as she rubbed her temples and wandered into the bathroom, muttering to herself in Gaelic. A few moments later she came out again in her robe and a towel on her head ::

Rod Stafford
Apr 20th, 2006, 05:56:36 PM
Rod paced the room. He offered Michele a smile while they waited for Fiona to return.

"I'm sorry to ruin the mood: my tale is quite grim. This must be quite a bumshell for you."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 20th, 2006, 06:04:12 PM
Great. Fiona was muttering in Gaelic. Never a good sign and I narrow my eyes, looking at Rene funny. I couldn't have heard him right.

"Bumshell?" He didn't bat an eye. That's what he said and I chuckle. "Um, I think you mean bombshell."

Throwing him out the window crossed my mind while Fiona was away. He isn't Immortal so he would actually fall to his death. Then we could get back to being on vacation.

"I'd introduce myself," I offer my hand instead, "But you know my name from the outburst before."

Rod Stafford
Apr 20th, 2006, 06:13:18 PM
"Bombshell," Rod muttered thoughtfully. "Bombshell."

He shrugged. Michele offered him her hand, he beamed and shook it vigorously. Fiona still appeared worried.

"It is so good to see a familiar face again. Fiona, are you alright?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 20th, 2006, 06:15:00 PM
:: Fiona sat on the bed anda waited for a moment before speaking ::

"What else do you remember?"

Rod Stafford
Apr 20th, 2006, 06:29:24 PM
"The assault on our chantry was devastating. My mother betrayed us to the Church and consequently, to Clan Tremere. They razed our home to the ground, slaughtered all the apprentices, and ran us out of France. Everyone I knew died that night, including my father."

Rod folded his arms and leaned against the bedroom wall.

"I barely survived a second vampire ambush on the crossing from Calais. The ship sank and when I washed up on the shores of England, I assumed an alias and went into hiding on the Stafford manor. As I mentioned before, the Tremere found me and during the attack I was knocked out cold; when I awoke, I was surrounded by half a dozen people in a crummy student flat. They were also mages, and they had summoned me through time to the present day. Until one day, I left England and went off in search of the Order of Hermes across Europe."

He stood upright and extended his arms.

"And voilà!"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 20th, 2006, 06:39:39 PM
"Who summoned you? What people?" she asked.

Michele Hawkins
Apr 20th, 2006, 06:43:36 PM
I felt like Fiona before she went in the bathroom to change, minus the speaking Gaelic part.

My head feels like it's spinning from all of the talk and I lay back on the bed, hoping that this ends soon and nothing bad will happen because of Rene's appearance.

You know, I'd probably wouldn't be so upset by this 'cept that this was suppose to be our week and I know I bitched about that before but it's still how I feel.

Rod Stafford
Apr 20th, 2006, 06:51:50 PM
"Other mages, from the Cult of Ecstacy, they saved me."

Rod became aware of the expressions on both of the women's faces. He suddenly felt guilty for bringing them down like this.

"I promise you there's absolutely nothing to worry about. Please try to relax. Tell me a little bit about what you've done with yourself all this time."

He offered a comforting smile.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 20th, 2006, 07:02:51 PM
:: Her face softened a bit ::

"That is a very long story. I'll tell you the short one instead."

Rod Stafford
Apr 20th, 2006, 07:06:13 PM
"When I left you, there was Robin of Loxley."

Rod chuckled.

"You were an idealistic freedom fighter, robbing from the rich to give to the poor. And now?"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 20th, 2006, 07:08:46 PM
I sit up and stare at Fiona. "Wait? There really was a Robin Hood???"

There is hope in the world! Anything to save that poor man's reputation since he was portrayed by Kevin I Have No Or A Bad Bristish Accent At Times Costner.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 20th, 2006, 07:36:01 PM
:: Fiona chuckled at the look on Michele's face ::

"Yes, Michele."

:: She tried to hold a straight face, but the look in the girl's eyes made her laugh ::

Rod Stafford
Apr 25th, 2006, 11:02:52 AM
Bemused, Rod look at Michele. He smirked.

"How long have you two known each other?"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 25th, 2006, 03:14:02 PM
Sometimes the giggling Fiona takes a lot of time to calm down before she could speak.

This was one of those moments and I shove her for not coughing up some valuable information!

"Well, I bit over a year," I answer Rene and fend off retaliation.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 25th, 2006, 03:58:57 PM
"Well, I've got a Blues Club back in Chicago ..."

:: she paused, deciding to go with the short story ::

"... and Michele wanted a job, so I hired her."

Rod Stafford
Apr 25th, 2006, 04:44:41 PM
"Blues is a type of music, right?"

Fiona nodded. He stared at the two women, still somewhat confused by their relationship.

"So Michele, when did you find out you had an Immortal for a..."

He glanced at Fiona, then back at her. His cheeks flushed a little pink.

"...girlfriend?"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 25th, 2006, 05:08:12 PM
I smile warmly, trying to alleviate some of Rene's hesitation about the question he asked. The guy did come from a time when such things weren't freely expressed out in the open and all. Which made his reaction earlier make a helluva a lot more sense.

"Yes, you're right. Fiona's my girlfriend." My eyes look upwards in thought for a moment before resting on Fiona to make sure I'm remembering this correctly. The night I found out she was an Immortal wasn't a nice chitchat about eternity and sticking a knife in her stomach to prove she wasn't insane. "It was, what? Two months since we started dating?"

She nodded.

"One night, my class let out a bit late and while I was walking toward the bus stop, I heard a really odd racket. Metal on metal. Things being tossed around. I wondered what the hell was going on. To my surprise, I found Fiona fighting another man with a sword, just behind one of the dorms. They didn't see me but I got there just in time for Fiona to disarm him and chop off his head." I pause there, remember what happened next like it was yesterday. The arcs of electrical energy jumping from the defeated Immortal into Fiona. The glass windows shattering. The nearby Geo Metro that blew up... My whole body tingled from the energy in the air and the blast of warm air that centered around Fiona teared at my eyes...

"I saw a Quickening for the first time that night. I'm sure I was screaming, but ..." I laugh, "It was really too loud to hear me doing that."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 25th, 2006, 05:15:38 PM
"She thought I was the devil that night, the way she ran from me."

:: She gave Michele a playful poke in the ribs with her toes. ::

Rod Stafford
Apr 25th, 2006, 05:28:43 PM
"I don't blame her!" Rod laughed. "I've never seen a Quickening before but I believe it's quite a sight."

He folded his arms and smiled at Fiona.

"As is Fiona with a blade in her hands. She is hellish with a sword. Taught me everything I know about swordsmanship."

He assessed Michele with curiosity.

"Have you ever used a sword or do you have any interest in it? In Fiona's company, it doesn't usually take long before you're swinging one around."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 25th, 2006, 05:41:41 PM
I laugh nervously and scratch at the back of my head uncomfortably, looking towards Fiona for help. Now technically I haven't swung a sword around yet but it was inevitable. And I wasn't sure if Rene should know the truth about me. The one I wanted to forget about since coming here.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 25th, 2006, 05:52:15 PM
"Michele is a musician, Rene. A truly gifted one."

:: There was adoration in her eyes ::

Rod Stafford
Apr 25th, 2006, 05:54:14 PM
"What instrument do you play, Michele?"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 25th, 2006, 05:58:22 PM
Fiona saw the look of relief and thanks in my eyes. Finally! A topic I could handle. Course if you get me going, sometimes I can't shut the hell up about it.

"Piano," I proudly answer. "Since I was six. Music kept me sane while I was stuck in foster care."

Rene looked at me funny. "Oh. Foster care. Kinda like an orphanage, 'cept there are adults that take me in on a not so permanent basis."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 25th, 2006, 06:08:43 PM
:: Fiona noted the look on Rene's face. ::

"You have much to catch up on." she laughed, squirming as Michele attacked her foot.

Rod Stafford
Apr 25th, 2006, 06:18:35 PM
"I do," said Rod, dejected, "I've been reading up on all I could get my hands on since I got here. I watched the news on cable all the time. Not knowing the odd word isn't so bad, the worst part is trying to behave like a normal Sleeper."

He sighed.

"I envy you, Michele. I never had the opportunity to play an instrument. You have a wonderful gift and I'd love to hear you play sometime. And you must be bloody good..."

He poked a finger at Fiona.

"... this old codger is very difficult to impress. Set in her ways, she is!"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 25th, 2006, 06:26:56 PM
Okay, Rene might not have hit it off with me at first but he's quite charming in his awkward ways. And anyone that makes fun of Fiona being old is okay in my book.

"You aren't kidding, though she'd probably accuse me of stealing her heart with my music." My smile is warm and tender, remembering how Fiona looked at me when she came to my recital for the first time.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 25th, 2006, 06:45:38 PM
:: Her mouth dropped at the teasing from both of them ::

"Oh hush! Neither one of you were at Woodstock, were you???"

Rod Stafford
Apr 25th, 2006, 06:48:25 PM
Rod stared blankly at Fiona, then looked to Michele for support.

Michele Hawkins
Apr 25th, 2006, 06:52:05 PM
I contained my giggles because poor Rene couldn't possibly understand. "Woodstock was a music festival back in 1969. Dozens of bands played all day and all night while the fans could do anything they wanted.

And noooooo.... " I stick out my tongue at Fiona, "I wasn't even a thought yet, cheater."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 25th, 2006, 06:55:46 PM
:: She laughed again, then stopped as she took in the sight of Rene fully ::

"Those clothes are dreadful. We need to fix that."

Rod Stafford
Apr 25th, 2006, 07:01:11 PM
Clearly shocked, Rod's mouth hung open as he looked down at his bright attire. One look at Michele confirmed that she agreed entirely with Fiona. His voice was a little higher pitched than he had intended.

"What's wrong with my clothes?"

He looked down at his clothes again, flabbergasted.

"I put a lot of thought into this!"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 25th, 2006, 07:04:57 PM
I tried to open my mouth to dissuade Rene but he was insistent! I doubled over in laughter. I felt terrible for doing it but the innocence was so endearing, but more so hilarious!

Fiona Devlin
Apr 25th, 2006, 07:14:27 PM
"I'll take you shopping tomorrow."

Rod Stafford
Apr 25th, 2006, 07:26:13 PM
For a moment, Rod was speechless with disbelief. He looked from his clothes to the two women and expected a punchline. When one didn't come he slumped against the wall with resignation. He fingered his kilt and muttered.

"Alright, I guess you know best."

He looked up hopefully.

"But can I keep the kilt? It's nice and breezy."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 25th, 2006, 07:29:35 PM
I look at Rene funny. I didn't follow his last ... oh wait. Oh hell no. I bolt up, "Tell me you aren't ... I mean, I know people don't ... but they don't always ... and ... you are clothed under there right?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 25th, 2006, 07:32:49 PM
:: Fiona's cheeks puffed and she grinned ::

"I wonder."

Rod Stafford
Apr 25th, 2006, 07:42:23 PM
"Are you supposed to wear something underneath?"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 25th, 2006, 07:44:24 PM
My hand hits the front of my face hard enough to hear a small impact, "Technically no but nowadays, you really should."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 26th, 2006, 01:56:34 PM
:: Fiona tried again to keep a straight face, but Michele kept hitting her funny. She buried her face in the pillow to stifle her giggles ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 26th, 2006, 05:43:19 PM
Trying to get this conversation under some semblance of control, I stir it back to what Rene asked me earlier.

"You really should come to the States when you're done here in Europe. I'd be happy to play for you at home, Rene. Pianos aren't easy to come by here that I could borrow. And I bet you'd love Fiona's shop. She has a ton of antiques she's collected from her long life. Maybe even something from your home time."

Rod Stafford
Apr 29th, 2006, 09:05:46 AM
"I would love to visit America sometime..."

Rod paused, he raised a finger to his lips and stood in thought. He pointed at Fiona.

"Michele has just reminded me of something I'd like to speak to you about. For now it can wait since I have to go and pull up as much information I can muster. Do you mind?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 29th, 2006, 09:12:31 AM
"Not at all. We have plans tonight, but drop by tomorrow morning, around 10, and we'll have breakfast."

:: She gave him a hug in the doorway and smiled ::

"It's good to see you again."

Rod Stafford
Apr 29th, 2006, 09:16:08 AM
"It's good to see you too, Fiona. Bye."

Rod looked up from Fiona and smiled at Michele before he left.

Michele Hawkins
Apr 29th, 2006, 03:03:12 PM
I waved good-bye, "Take care and see you later."

Breakfast tomorrow was going to be very interesting I think. I'm very curious about what Rene is going to be researching but right now, Fiona and I have a lunch date and an opera to get ready for.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 30th, 2006, 12:30:13 PM
:: Fiona showered and got dressed, then sat and preened her hair in front of the mirror ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 30th, 2006, 12:34:57 PM
I was putting on the sapphire earrings (http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g311/dalethria/1620133-lg.jpg) that Fiona had gotten me when I noticed what she was doing.

"You look beautiful." I kiss her cheek from behind. "Quit fussing."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 30th, 2006, 12:40:00 PM
:: Fiona glanced up and kissed her on the chin ::

"Are you familiar with Der Ring des Nibelungen?"

Michele Hawkins
Apr 30th, 2006, 12:43:08 PM
"Um ..." I chuckle and look down at her totally confused. "The who and the whatsit?"

Fiona Devlin
Apr 30th, 2006, 12:50:49 PM
"The Ring of the Nibelung." she chuckled. "Don't tell me you've never heard of it."

Michele Hawkins
Apr 30th, 2006, 12:54:19 PM
I look at her innocently and shrug. How the hell am I suppose to know what a Ring of Nib.. Nibe... Nibesomething is.

"Um, should I have?" I ask while getting on my shoes and take a quick peek at the clock. 7:22 pm. The limo would be here soon.

Fiona Devlin
Apr 30th, 2006, 01:22:23 PM
"It's an opera of epic myth! If Mrs. Ceffaclio knew you were here, she'd be quite jealous."

:: She reached for her jacket and walked towards the door ::

Michele Hawkins
Apr 30th, 2006, 01:24:42 PM
That got a laugh, "Yes. Well ... if she knew I was here I'd be in a helluva lot of trouble."

I grabbed my jacket and led us outside with a smile on my face. "Especially you since you told her I was sick."

Fiona Devlin
Apr 30th, 2006, 01:36:05 PM
:: Fiona put on her best innocent face and waved as the limo pulled up ::

"At least you're playing hooky in style." she winked.

Michele Hawkins
Apr 30th, 2006, 01:41:04 PM
I laughed. She was right. Playing hooky out of the country is rather bold.

The black limo pulled up and the chauffer opened the door for us. We climbed inside and went on our way. By the time we got to the Opera House, we would still have a half hour to mingle amongst the crowd and I could gawk at the building myself.

I just hope I won't stick out too much... Ah who am I kidding? I'm a Chi-town girl who has never been outta the country. Might as well stamp American on my forehead.

Fiona Devlin
May 1st, 2006, 02:57:44 PM
:: Fiona gave Michele the program for The Rhinegold, and clasped her hand as they looked about ::

Michele Hawkins
May 1st, 2006, 03:08:02 PM
The program was forgotten quickly as I led Fiona around in a childlike daze, absorbing the beauty that surrounded me. My eyes darted back and forth ignoring much of the crowd around us, focusing on the immense chandelier’s hanging from the ceiling two stories above. The architecture was breathtaking. A brilliant display of late 19th century work and it took almost six years for the building to be constructed. It didn't look a day old ...

Fiona Devlin
May 1st, 2006, 03:18:20 PM
:: Fiona suddenly cleared her throat as Michele bumped into a finely dressed older man. He bowed to Michele and smiled, more entranced than offended. He introduced himself as Werner ::

Michele Hawkins
May 1st, 2006, 03:23:27 PM
I blushed, feeling clumsy but thankfully the man I had bumped into wasn't angry.

And yay for small favors! Even though he had an accent, he was speaking English ... Which only proves that I really do stick out like a sore thumb.

"It's nice to meet you too, Mr. Werner. I'm Michele Hawkins and this is Fiona Devlin." I smile fondly towards her. "She's been looking forward to seeing the opera tonight."

Fiona Devlin
May 1st, 2006, 04:34:57 PM
:: They talked briefly about music, then the doors opened and they took their seats in the opera box. An epic tale of dwarves, gods, giants and nymphs unfolded on the stage below them ::