PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a needle in the galaxy

Naysheta
Apr 17th, 2006, 01:23:23 PM
Naysheta sighed as she slid into a booth in one of the seats at the Prancing Twi'lek. This was the fourth planet she had been on this month and still there was no sign of her master. Only more clues. It didn't matter how hard or fast she ran, she always seemed to show up just an hour or two too late.

"Stimcafe please. Strong as you got," she said to the robo-waitress that was on its way to collect her order. "And an order of toast if you have any."

"Coming right up Suga'," the robot said in a Feminine Tatooine voice.

Where are you Master Torn? I can't be alone like this in the galaxy. I'm not strong enough, she thought to herself. It had been too long since she had seen the old Kel Dorian Jedi and she was worried.

For as long as she could remember, her Master was the only one in her life. He had raised her from a small child, to the young Jedi she was today. They had always been on the run from the Empire and when she turned fourteen, he had devised a plan as soon as they came to every new planet. They had known that sooner or later they would be found out by the Empire's hounds and had planned accoringly. On the last planet they had been at together, Dantooine, trouble had finally found them. In an effort to save face from the destruction of the Deathstar, the Empire had doubled its efforts to hunt down Jedi and other Force users. Naysheta had been accidentally caught using her powers and the locals were on them soon after. In an effort to create confusion, they seperated, Torn telling Naysheta that he would meet her at the rendevous planet.

When she got to Yavin, she could find no sign of her Master. After much searching and waiting and much debate with herself, she went to every planet she could ever remember them naming as a back up planet and nothing. She finally returned to Yavin, but when she returned she found that Torn had been there. She blamed herself for not being there like she should have been. That was nearly eight months ago.

Naysheta looked out of the window next to her booth and watched as the different people walked by. Most of them were the native Mon Calamari. She had always found them comforting and had finally decided to visit their home planet. When she looked back the waitress was back setting her cup of stim cafe in front of her. Naysheta moved her hands out of the way and smiled. "Thank you."

"No problem. The toast will be out in a minute."

She nodded and picked up her cup with both hands and sipped from it. She made a grimace as she put it back down. "Well it is strong."

Grim Kheldar
Apr 17th, 2006, 04:56:31 PM
Grim wandered into the Cantina. He took a seat at the counter. After ordering some corrillian ale. He searched around the bar. He spotted a girl who looked worried. He smiled. This would be perfect. She needed help. He needed help. Grim stood up and walked over to her. He took the seat across from here.

"M'Lady. You seemed troubled. May I bee of some assistance?"

Grim put on one of his most convinceing grins. He used these only for the Empire, so he could get off or a light sentence. It had never failed.

Naysheta
Apr 17th, 2006, 05:00:18 PM
Naysheta jumped at first and then calmed when she looked up and saw a man standing next to her table. "I doubt it. Unless you can somehow go back in time or find someone with the snap of your fingers."

Grim Kheldar
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:32:23 PM
Grim cocked an eyebrow.

"Ye doubt me? Grim Kheldar? Ye have guts. Um a very reliable man, very."

Grim smiled and leaned back in the booth. He spread his arms open, and rested them on the top of the booth.

"So tell me bout' yourself miss. Then I'll tell ye about meself."

Grim was grinning again. She could help... Hopefully. If not he'd go searching again.

Jak
Apr 17th, 2006, 07:58:51 PM
Jak stepped in to the lit Cantina. The darkness surrounding him gone. He searched around for his dear friend... Grim. Jak spotted him talking to a woman. His very convincing grin.
"Grim what are you doing? I'm sorry if he's been a jerk."
Jak pushed Grim over and sat down. He looked up at the girl.
"My names Jak Aybera. I'm with him. Sadly."
Jak snapped his fingers. The robot waitress came over with two pints of Corrillian Ale.
"Ere ya go loves."
The robot left and Jak turned back to the girl. He gave a halfhearted grin and took a sip of the ale.

Naysheta
Apr 17th, 2006, 10:33:34 PM
Naysheta shook her head. "He was just asking if tehre was a way he could help me and as I told him unless he could change time or find someone with a snap of the finger then I would be eternally grateful."

Turning to the first man, she answered his inquiry. "My name is Naysheta and I'm just travelling. Looking for a friend."

Grim Kheldar
Apr 20th, 2006, 08:08:12 PM
Grim smiled. He downed his drink in two gulps. The cool liquor was a welcomed taste. So many times had this drink cleared Grim's mind. It seemed to now have a permanent effect on him. He always seemed a little buzzed and out of it.

"I'm glad you joined us Jak. Maybe we both can help Naysheta solve her dilemma."

Grim scowled. He shook his head.

"My deepest apologizes. I am not myself this evening. I haven't introduced myself."

Grim stood up and bowed, and took off his hat, tucking it under his arm. His long, beaded hair falling in front of him, and jingling a bit as the beads clacked together.

"Names Grim Kheldar, It's a pleasure to meet ya Miss Naysheta. Me an me dear friend Jak will help you on your quest to find this person. You have me word."

A sly grin played across his face.