PDA

View Full Version : Blame Canada

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2006, 12:40:58 AM
I'm leaving for Vancouver B.C. tomorrow night, and I won't be back until the wee hours Monday.

Don't wreck the place while I'm gone.

Or do. If you feel like it.

Khendon Sevon
Apr 14th, 2006, 11:07:48 AM
I promise not to move all threads into RPing :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2006, 11:17:24 AM
HA HA HA HA

Droo
Apr 14th, 2006, 12:03:17 PM
Boo! This roleplaying malarky is a full-time commitment, damnit.

or:

Enjoy your trip and have a happy Easter!

You choose. :D

Gabriel Rodermark
Apr 14th, 2006, 01:29:47 PM
:wave Enjoy yourself.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 17th, 2006, 08:50:18 AM
I'm back. I just have one question:

What the heck does a blinking green light mean?

Mandy with an I
Apr 17th, 2006, 08:57:20 AM
It's called an advanced green. It's used on busy streets for the left turn lane - it means drive as fast as you can around the corner ;)

Did you try any ketchup chips while you were here? :mischief

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 17th, 2006, 09:02:57 AM
Didn't see any, although I did look in a vending machine or two to see if I could locate any.

Enjoyed some $3 (canadian) Long Island Ice Teas at the bar at the hockey rink where my friends were playing a tournament. Fantastic!

As for the blinking greens we figured "Who cares, we're American, it's green, and I'm coming through anyway." ;)

Khendon Sevon
Apr 17th, 2006, 10:37:48 AM
LOL

"Who cares, we're American!" That aaaalwwaaaays works! I love it.

"Who cares, we're Greek!" Works, too.

JMK
Apr 17th, 2006, 11:52:39 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
I'm back. I just have one question:

What the heck does a blinking green light mean?

In case you hadn't found out yet, it just means that you are being given the right of way. No one else at the intersection is moving except people looking at the blinking green. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 17th, 2006, 01:04:23 PM
Doesn't a regular green light mean that? :lol

I would imagine it's for the people who want to turn left at the intersection, though. Although in America we have actual green arrows to indicate when the left turn gets to go without having to yield. ;)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 17th, 2006, 01:11:31 PM
How was the drive up there? I had friends who used to rave about how beautiful the trip up the coast from Seattle to Vancouver was.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 17th, 2006, 01:37:19 PM
We left Portland (Gresham, really) at 2 am Saturday morning, and got to Canadian border about 7 am.

The drive home was from 8 pm Sunday (from Vancouver BC) - about 2 am this morning.

It was sort of dark. :)

Mandy with an I
Apr 17th, 2006, 01:50:14 PM
More people need to come to Ontario - cmon, we have Toronto, Niagara Falls AND me, so you know it's awesome ;)

JMK
Apr 17th, 2006, 02:41:54 PM
Niagara Falls is something to see, but from my experience, there isn't much difference in being in Toronto and being in a large U.S. city. But it does have the Hockey Hall of Fame, so that counts for something. :)

Mandy with an I
Apr 17th, 2006, 11:37:29 PM
Yes, but you can go to a large american city with moi, JMK. That's the whole point of people coming to Ontario :) Niagara Falls is nice if you've never seen it, but if you're a local, you don't "oooo" and "aaah" like most people.

And mneh to hockey. Unless it's the play-offs, I can't be bothered to watch it :uhoh

Jaime Tomahawk
Apr 18th, 2006, 05:59:45 AM
Ice Hockey is a Nth American sport I can really dig. Violence!

but from my experience, there isn't much difference in being in Toronto and being in a large U.S. city

Ummm...... no. It's very different.

JMK
Apr 18th, 2006, 08:08:28 AM
Originally posted by Jaime Tomahawk
Ummm...... no. It's very different.

To each his own I guess, but I found way too many similarities. I'm also not only talking about the downtown core, I'm talking about the surrounding communities.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 18th, 2006, 06:36:40 PM
The roads and stuff in Canada are scary because no one taught you Canucks how to drive before giving you all cars and weird flashing green lights. :uhoh

Park Kraken
Apr 18th, 2006, 09:58:55 PM
My older sister flew through Toronto on a connecting flight from Orlando to Tokyo, she didn't like the city. Said that it was realy smoggy like Houston used to be, and that the people at the airport were really rude to anyone who asked them questions.

Wyl Staedtler
Apr 28th, 2006, 01:14:48 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
The roads and stuff in Canada are scary because no one taught you Canucks how to drive before giving you all cars and weird flashing green lights. :uhoh

No, it's mostly just like that in Vancouver. Really. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 28th, 2006, 08:45:06 AM
Wyl! :D

Yeah I figure I better see more of the Great White North before I jump to a snap judgement.

hahahaha who am I kidding? ;)