PDA

View Full Version : Would Be Conquorers

Jorshal Vuntana
Apr 9th, 2006, 11:30:27 AM
This is pretty much the only forum I can think of in which we can discuss such a prospect without prying eyes. My initial concerns are where are we going to get an army and where are we going to get a fleet and who's going to rp it cause I suck at fleet rping.

Then again, can we build a death star?

Zereth- Have you mentioned to Yurza about the invasion plan?

Yurza Magus
Apr 9th, 2006, 11:59:57 AM
I haven't heard anything of a plan, but as for fleets and armies. I think I have an idea about that. Why not follow Palpatine's example and use thier own armies against them? Talk to the Imps and see if we could negotiate a Sith into thier ranks? I don't know if anyone has read it and I can't remember the name of the book, but it is part of the Thrawn trilogy. In it Thrawn convinced the Imperial Remnant that having a Force user around was actually a good thing. He showed that statically the fleet fought much better under the rule of the Emporer because he exerted confidence out over them. Prehaps we could use this type of arguement and try and manuever our way into the hierarcy of the Imperials and then turn on them at the most opportune moment.

Or if that didn't work we could always just play the part of bullies to small systems and take thier defense fleets as payments. These are just a few examples. Any other ideas?

Jorshal Vuntana
Apr 9th, 2006, 12:09:57 PM
Well there is a plan involving an attack on Korriban in which we'd pretty much be knocked down and out for the moment. I was thinking that it would serve as a good point for the Sith to realize that its time we got back into the game.

BUt as if someone heard your words, I just got a PM from someone in the Inquisorate looking for permission to establish a base on Corellia in exchange for a truce with the Sith and some other demands that we might have.

I think we could use this as our in. Let's make the demand that we have access to the Inq.'s resources so that we might persue our own Force user hunts, namely the Jedi. We could ask for more and more until we've reached what we want.

With Khendon's coup beginning to take shape the time to act is now.

Yurza Magus
Apr 9th, 2006, 12:14:39 PM
I definitely like the whole knock down thing. Something to change the tone is definitely needed. This would cause us to retreat to Corellia and this would go perfect with the Inq. I'm all for getting on this train of thought.

Jorshal Vuntana
Apr 9th, 2006, 12:23:05 PM
I've kind of got the feeling that the inq/empire wants us to be under them. The idea of the Sith working for the Empire has been presented to me a few times before. Having this knock down thing happen will make us look desperate, we'll have the Empire pick up on that and we'll use that as our in.

Yurza Magus
Apr 9th, 2006, 12:40:26 PM
Of course and thenwith a few strategic placed words and people, they'll never know what hit them if we decide that a few things weren't to our liking. Very deceptive and sneaky.

Jorshal Vuntana
Apr 9th, 2006, 01:25:59 PM
Well the tricky part is going to be how do we raise the military strength to put some power behind our actions. In all reality, no one is going to just roll over and accept we took over the empire. I'm expecting a civil war at the very least.

I think we're going to need to pull off something along the lines of what Palpatine did. Win the people first. We've done it before in the pre-reset world with the Jedi facades but we can't expose the Sith as the leaders. I think there has to be a politican for the people to side with, who endorses the Sith as the protectors of the galaxy within the Empire not necessarily as the heirs to the Empire. Once people accept the Sith as their protectors/heroes it will be easier to make the transition from symbolic heroes to governors. What we need to hijack first is the Inq and put on the impression that we're protecting the people and their intrests against oppressors.

Yurza Magus
Apr 9th, 2006, 01:38:25 PM
Very true. But just out of curiosity, what politician could we get that would make a stand for us?

Also this is an idea as far as the Inq goes. You mentioned earlier that we could use them to fuel our own hunts for Jedi, and that is brilliant, but how about this twist? Don't take the credit. Let the Inq get the glory. Make them believe that we are doing what they think is right. Establish a rapport with them through comraderie. Being in the military myself I see this all the time. Soldiers will come to trust themselves and those out in the field with them more than a person that sits behind a desk and gives orders, and more than likely take the side of the person who they have served with and now trust. This is also good because if the people see that thier beloved defendors are siding with Sith and we are serving along side them then they will come to accept us. If this were to work we would already have a solid base of people that are willing to listen and follow.

Yeah I know this is a lot of ideas, but I'm actually excited to be planning something big like this again.

Jorshal Vuntana
Apr 9th, 2006, 03:56:31 PM
I like it, I think Eisenhower said "Success is unlimited if you're willing to give the credit to someone else." Or something to that effect. The trick is getting those within the Empire to want to do what we want. This applies both OOC and IC. If we want a real coup its going to take some degree of OOC manuvering.

Like Palpatine did in EIII and so many other historical rulers, he made the people want him to run things. We need to aim for that.

Yurza Magus
Apr 9th, 2006, 08:54:19 PM
Ok, you'll never believe this. Or I don't know, you might, but anyways, the Inq just pm'ed my other account asking me to be the Jedi that helps get in touch with Jorshal. I haven't told them that I am the other person yet and I'm not sure when/if I will, but any ideas on how this would play out to our advantage?

Jorshal Vuntana
Apr 9th, 2006, 11:28:30 PM
They've talked to me already, but I had no idea they were branching out to Jedi about getting in contact with me... interesting. However, all they have really told me is that they want a truce with the Sith to commit resources elsewhere. What do they want the Jedi to do?

Yurza Magus
Apr 9th, 2006, 11:41:37 PM
As far as i know they just want the Jedi's help in tracking you down to meet with you.

Jorshal Vuntana
Apr 10th, 2006, 12:05:10 AM
I should tell them to knock and I'll answer.

I wonder if they're going to try and force Jor into some agreement with Jedi present or something. And why would they work with Jedi if they hunt Jedi?

Yurza Magus
Apr 10th, 2006, 12:08:25 AM
I think it is more the whole hunt a Force user and then when they are with Jorsh, turn on the Jedi.

Zereth Lancer
Apr 10th, 2006, 03:58:10 PM
Well, I like everything you guys have come up with so far, and as for getting the people behind the sith, what we really need to do is make the Imperials look bad, either by sabotage or other means, and then have the us Sith do some glorious and highly publicized act and the people will be all "Wow, the empire suck balls here but the Sith haven’t lost once," Or we could go to exposing/framing key members of the Imperial Parliament and just plain making them look dirty while remaining spotless, or remotely spotless, ourselves.

I really am in the dark when it comes to what you and the INQ are planning, but it sounds like you've got it under control.

EDIT: Forgot about the invansion. I'll outline it and post it soon for you Yurza.
Here is the thread were we outlined the basic root of the idea: http://swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=39772
I gave Baralai access to the Elders vision so he can take place in this discussion.

Baralai Lotus
Apr 10th, 2006, 04:24:27 PM
Hmmm. . .I like the ideas floating around here. They are all very nice. I like the idea of getting someone in the Inq, but what if we just gather people under our wing. Get people to follow us by simple manipulation. Baralai is doing a thing somewhat like that with a few members of the Krew. He's manipulating them.

Also, if you're gonna send somebody into the Inq, best of luck. They don't trust anybody. But, it is possible to gain the peoples trust. We've got to get someone to take a higher up position in the Inq. If we do that, we'll have control. With Helghast currently out of commision, the Inq is sort of at a loss. Someones got to get into his position and take that over. I'll expand more as I think about it more.

Yurza Magus
Apr 10th, 2006, 04:25:00 PM
Ok I read though the invasion and I like the idea. As for the whole playing off what people think of the Imperials. That would look good, but only after a time of us working with the Inq and getting out to meet the people you know? Let them see us in a low light for a little while and then when something were to go down, and we were there to pick up the pieces, we wouldn't be a big surprise. We would have a solid backing and people would already know about us and how we help for the common good. This wouldn't set them on edge with a bunch of strangers coming in and trying to say the Imps are bad and we are good.

I hope you can make sense of that.

Zereth Lancer
Apr 10th, 2006, 04:33:10 PM
Well, that’s another good point, if we are to take over the empire we not only have to have the people behind us but we also need to hit the empire at a moment of weakness. I don't think we'll be in position to do anything during Khendon's coup, which would create a divided empire and be the perfect time to step in, but like I said, that is too soon for us to have gathered the people's trust and properly infiltrated the many works of the Empire. Perhaps we could strike up a way between the empire and some other strong military group, like the chiss or someone. The sith could promote peace and then cause the empire to get a hiding at some major battle and basically use the power of the people to kick the imperials out of the high seats and take over. Just a thought

Jorshal Vuntana
Apr 10th, 2006, 10:03:48 PM
My thoughts as broken down in a rough timeline.

Real soon: TSO is attacked by Alexia causing devestating loss or material and manpower.

Right after: The Inq approach Jorshal about a truce so that they might persue other quarries. (Which is what they are pming me about now.)

The deal: We get a truce and resources to hun the Jedi, convincing the Inq we are on the same side.

The long term: Gain the trust of the whole Empire right up to Khendon with victories (I believe we all have Jedi characters...)

Our final move: Stage our own coup.

For this to really work we're going to need our Sith characters to really branch out. No major character on fans and certainly not within the Empire should be able to say upon the eve of the coup "who are they again?" I feel the need to stress that the Sith Order become an example of consistant and quality roleplay. If no one accepts us OOC then it will never win over IC.

Yurza Magus
Apr 10th, 2006, 10:21:44 PM
Agreed. And I do believe that we all have Jedi characters for the to use to hunt down. So it only gives us an advantage.

Zereth Lancer
Apr 10th, 2006, 11:05:12 PM
Well, hunting down the jedi will get harder because a lot of them are banding together; for example my jedi Kyle Krogen now had three other jedi under his wing. Although only half of them can use the force it would still be difficult for a single sith to bring all four down; which brings us to Jorshal's point. We need to interact with the imperials on these hunts. Gain their trust. We don't even want them to think we're planning something against them until we're cutting their heads off. For this reason I would suggest that we do not discuss either OOC or IC our plans to take over the empire.

Now, the real question is what is going to happen to the sith order forum if we are no longer on Korriban? Perhaps we could commandeer a place in the INQ sub forum inside the IMP forum, either that or we need to revamp the TSO board. We could just leave it the same and just say we're on coruscant or some other place in an Imperial base or maybe a sub-sub forum could be set up below the INQ forum. While this is not deadly important I still think we need to think about it. Hope that made sense :)

Jorshal Vuntana
Apr 11th, 2006, 12:14:24 AM
As for the forum: I'd say it only needs a few tweaks here and there... name changes and what not. Could we consider the move back to Corellia? I personally don't think that meshing with the Empire boards is a good idea, we need some independence.

Perhaps we could seperate Korriban and Corellia into their own forums? Korriban- Sith 'religious' center. Corellia- Sith Political/administrative center?

And yes, the Jedi are moving together, I have a character in that area as well and I think the increase in Sith persecution might act as a fine catalyst.

So I think our first objective is to get this invasion on all the while planning the Inq-Sith cooperation OOC.

Yurza Magus
Apr 11th, 2006, 01:51:20 PM
I agree. We can go ahead and do the invasion and plan with the Inq and then as soon or shortly after the invasion is through we can begin the new arc with them.

But I do have one question about the Invasion for Zereth. What do you plan on happening to that intolerable woman you have created?

Zereth Lancer
Apr 11th, 2006, 02:37:32 PM
Orignally she was going to join the INQ and further persecute the sith, but that plan went down the drain when Helghast disappeared, mainly because I was planning it out with him and we never finished planning it and since he's gone its a dead idea.

Alexia will be happy with her small victory and lie low for awhile. She will continue to lash out at the sith, jedi, and any other force users. I was thinking that maybe at some point she'll make a blind assault against the Sith once they're integrated into the Empire/INQ and then the empire itself could counterattack and blow her out of the water; destroying Zanon's laboratory and permanently killing off her supply of fresh hunters. She really cannot amass a huge army because the hunters are genetically altered clones. These are not your average clones created as babies and given growth accelerators. These are fully grown clones and as such the body’s molecular structure tends to fall apart slowly over time. So a Hunter would only about half a year before being rendered completely useless. So combine that with the time it takes to grow them, manipulate them, train them, and battle ready them; Alexia has to keep her factory pumping at all times to refill the dying ranks of hunters. So, if her factory, aka Zanon's lab, is destroyed then she's out of the game pretty much.

Another idea is that a group of sith could band up and take her out themselves without imperial support. This would be a difficult task but one that Alexia would be completely unprepared for. Alexia and Zanon have removed themselves for Corellia and are set up another planet, the name of which eludes me at the moment.

Although I have toyed with the idea of her rejoining the Sith, I have come to the conclusion that that would never work. Alexia hates the sith with her entire being and besides; they wouldn't let her back in after she butchered most of the sith. So, I plan on keeping her as a permanent enemy of the Sith.

Also, I think it would be nice to mention to you that Yurza is now at the top of Alexia's kill list, due to their little cafe meeting.

Yurza Magus
Apr 11th, 2006, 03:32:29 PM
Well...atleast we both have something in common. She isn't the favorite on Yurza's either. He would be all for the second choice. Infact he would probably try and head it up.

But I was thinking that maybe the two of them might have a run in to further the hatred. Maybe a little fight and something happens so that it can't be finished? Classic and predictable, but something I feel is almost necessary to truely form a nice little rivalry.

Zereth Lancer
Apr 11th, 2006, 03:49:29 PM
I don't know if this has been stated before, but the plan for pretty much right after the invasion is that Zereth is going to head out and confront Alexia and Zanon himself, or attempt to. Through this Zereth will learn that Alexia is really Jezreal Darkshard and a fight will most likely occur. Also Zereth will learn about his past from Zanon.

Perhaps Yurza could tag along for the ride.

Jorshal Vuntana
Apr 11th, 2006, 04:36:56 PM
For the record, I'm all for the creation of a 'rogues gallery' for the Sith. And I'm not going to lie, Alexia was kind of the inspiration for that thought... way to go Zereth :)

OK, so I still have this PM from Karl Valten to deal with. So we've agreed to allow use of Corellia to the Inq in exchange for the resources of the Inq.

Perhaps we could say that the resources are needed to track Alexia after her attack? Then proceed to rope in more resources until we occupy the Inq.

Any objections/additions?

Yurza Magus
Apr 11th, 2006, 05:30:49 PM
Hmm...a chance to get back at that devil woman. A way to get close to the Inq. Imperial military resources. Chance of death if caught....what are we waiting for?

Baralai Lotus
Apr 11th, 2006, 11:15:26 PM
Baralai will be all in if he can close to the Inq. Prolly kill a few of their members. But I will be more than happy to help. Let's move out!

Lady Vader
Apr 12th, 2006, 07:30:19 PM
I pop in for a quick read and, lo and behold, I nearly shed a tear at the brilliance of this plan.

I'd ask if i could join, but I can't guarantee my time, and that wouldn't be fair to you guys.

However, you may RP me in as you like, something to the effect of being in the background, giving blessings, etc etc, just so ppl don't think I've and gone and died... or something. ^_^;

Oh, and a word of caution... be wary of the Imperials. While it is good to want to make then want you without them knowing it, don't get too comfortable with the idea. Keep watching your backs. >D

Yurza Magus
Apr 12th, 2006, 08:46:07 PM
Oh don't worry. You shall not be forgotten. And don't worry caution will be practiced all the time. I'd hate to see one of my fellow Sith getting stabbed in the back...unless course it is my knife...oh wait did I say that outloud? :p

Jorshal Vuntana
Apr 12th, 2006, 09:01:31 PM
Well if you stumble across some extra time and feel like taking a small part, be sure to ask. You're always welcome.

Out of curiosity, but what IC connections does LV have that we might be able to use as leverage?

Yurza Magus
Apr 16th, 2006, 08:07:55 PM
Ok, so is the planning final on this, or are well still waiting for something?

Jorshal Vuntana
Apr 16th, 2006, 08:22:12 PM
I'd say the basic outline is final, we don't know exactly what the picture is going to look like but we've got the dots to start connecting. Right now, its the invasion that needs to kick things off and as far as I know, everything is set into place... Zereth?

Zereth Lancer
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:45:16 PM
Everything is in place. Just give the word and the invasion begins. On a similar note, where would we have this thread take place, in the sith forums on in the roleplaying forum?

Jorshal Vuntana
Apr 20th, 2006, 10:58:02 PM
Good question... I'm kind of leaning towards having it in the roleplaying forums under a common title. If we do it here where are we going to post it, the training grounds?

Yurza Magus
Apr 20th, 2006, 11:01:21 PM
Actually the Citadel would be more of the common place where everyone passes through so I would say there.

Zereth Lancer
Apr 21st, 2006, 12:13:24 PM
Yes, I agree with Yurza. If we have it here on the TSO forum then it should be in the Citadel.

Lady Vader
Apr 22nd, 2006, 11:48:00 PM
I'd have to dig for those IC connections.

For one, she has ties to Javus, who currently is the Governor of Corellia. He used to be an Imperial officer.

Soooo...

Yurza Magus
Apr 26th, 2006, 10:27:04 AM
Prehaps he could eb used to get us established on Corellia? Give us some what of a good name with politicians?

And Zereth whenever you're ready let's let the party begin.

Zereth Lancer
Apr 26th, 2006, 12:43:21 PM
Did we decide on which forum to post this in?

Yurza Magus
Apr 26th, 2006, 01:00:44 PM
I thought it was going to be in the Citadel?

Kyle Krogen
Apr 26th, 2006, 02:14:09 PM
Okay, I'll start it soon.

(Sorry, I'm too lazy to switch accounts)

Yurza Magus
Apr 26th, 2006, 04:04:58 PM
No problem.

Can't wait to see how this goes.

Edit: Ok I just read the first post and I love it.

Alexia Sturkov
Apr 26th, 2006, 05:28:50 PM
Glad you like it :)

(Once again too lazy to switch accounts)

Jorshal Vuntana
Apr 27th, 2006, 03:03:23 PM
so yeah, I was gone for a few days... I had a HUGE paper to do. Anyway, let's do this?

Yurza Magus
Apr 27th, 2006, 03:06:50 PM
No problem. Now get in there and help me. I've been ambushed! >_<

Jorshal Vuntana
Jul 5th, 2006, 12:05:03 AM
Recap: Infiltrate the Empire. Take over.

I'm going to post a thread over in the Imp boards offering a temporary storyline plot of the Sith merged with the Empire to take the place of the Inq as Khendon's coup falls into place.

We seriously need to wrap the invasion up. At the very latest the end of summer.

Are there any unresolved details about the end of the Invasion or the opening of the 'Imperial Employment'?

What I'm going to offer to them is that they park a few Star Desroyers outside Korriban and essentially force (good deals and no other option for us) tso into working with the inq. I'd like to get this thing ready so that as soon as the invasion ends, we can give the signal to the Imps and get this thing going.

Zereth Lancer
Jul 5th, 2006, 12:16:29 AM
Originally posted by Jorshal Vuntana
What I'm going to offer to them is that they park a few Star Desroyers outside Korriban and essentially force (good deals and no other option for us) tso into working with the inq. I'd like to get this thing ready so that as soon as the invasion ends, we can give the signal to the Imps and get this thing going.

Wait? Aren't we going to be hiding somewhere other then on Korriban? I mean, Alexia's chasing us all off and I thought we where going to bunker down on Corellia or some other more remote planet. The only True we could probobly go back and retake Korriban, but it'd take awhile.

Jorshal Vuntana
Jul 5th, 2006, 12:24:56 AM
Aight, I wasn't completely aware Alexia was going to chase us off planet, I prolly missed something. How about we meet up at Corellia and arrange for the Empire to corral us in somewhere there.

Zereth Lancer
Jul 5th, 2006, 12:36:26 AM
Yeah, that would work best. Originally our plan was for the remaining sith to jump in some ships and blast off and regroup on Corellia. At this point it would be pretty hard for the sith to bunker down and survive on Korriban with the number of hunters still around and chasing them.

So we'll probobly just pile into a bunch of transport ships and blast off before Alexia has a chance to attack.

Afterwards I plan for Zereth and possibly a few others to return to Korriban to scope out the damage and kill the Hunters Alexia left behind to guard it.

Or something along those lines.

Jorshal Vuntana
Jul 5th, 2006, 04:08:34 AM
Yeah, a return is neccessary. There's supposed to be a ton of info in the library, not to mention technology scattered around. Leaving it around and foregetting about it would hardly sit well in Jorshal's mind. You know Alexia best, would she be one to pillage?

And maybe we could tie it into our whole deal with the Empire. Zereth and Jorshal walk in the heavily damaged palace that was once their home. "Fan out to the left and take the main tower." Jorshal orders to the squadron of Stormtroopers.

I want to command stormtroopers sooooo bad. Just imagining Jor walking around with an entourage of stormtroopers makes me happy inside.

Zereth Lancer
Jul 5th, 2006, 12:57:55 PM
Alexia is not one to pillage. She would be more likely to burn the library then to take any of it. She might take a few of the old sith tomes, but other then that I think she's just going to leave the library unharmed. She's there to kill the sith, not demolish their home.

As for stormtroopers... That's be fanfrickenawesome! Although I think the 'troopers under the command of the sith should be, oh how do they say it... personalized. As in their armor should be black or some other color that sets them apart from being your average troopers. Just a thought :)

Yes, stormtroopers would make it easier to take back Korriban. I will also say now that by the time we're ready to strike back the Hunters on Korriban will be getting 'old' as their flash cloned bodies start to decay. In other words they will be weaker then normal. Alexia's going to need a second batch of hunters before she can really do anything. Only her 'uber' hunters like Jurak and her other commanders can withstand the test of time.

Jorshal Vuntana
Jul 5th, 2006, 11:41:40 PM
Alright. The return to Korriban story is practically written. If you and I simply take it up, it can be done in like a week or two. We'll make the return, free the palace, get our stuff and head back to Corellia or Coruscant (wherever the Empire has us calling home then).

I've posted a thread in the Imp forums solidfying the upcoming story. http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40805

Let me know if you think something needs to be added.