PDA

View Full Version : Planet holdings

Yurza Magus
Apr 9th, 2006, 09:44:22 AM
I tried searching for a thread concerning this, but I couldn't find one so I don't know if it was ever brought up or anything, but I know of the planet holdings before the reset, but since then did any of them change? Is there a new list saying what planets are under what ruling? If there isn't could I get a list of what each faction controls?

Tiberius Anar
Apr 9th, 2006, 09:53:17 AM
Well one can assume that most worlds are still under Imperial rule. There will, of course, be worlds that are outside Imperial control for one reason or another but I can't say which. I wouldn't think that there are many though.

Yurza Magus
Apr 9th, 2006, 09:57:12 AM
That's what I thought, but I was just trying to verify which ones might be outside Imperial rule and are either inside a smuggler's ring or used by the Rebellion.

Vega Van-Derveld
Apr 9th, 2006, 09:57:19 AM
Onderon (and it's moons) is one of the few places not under Imperial rule. They have their own monarchy, which is controlled by some Sith.

I would guess Anar is right though- that most places are firmly under the Empire's thumb.

Tiberius Anar
Apr 9th, 2006, 02:30:03 PM
...to one extent or another.

It should be noted that the degree of Imperial control will vary from world to world. The (Civilised/Inhabitted/Settled) Galaxy is a VERY big place and the Empire has finite resources. It would be unrealistic to assume that just because the Imperial flag flies in the planetary capital and there is an Imperial governor with an Imperial garrision that the whole planet is obedient to Imperial law. The further from the centre of government one strays the looser its grip. There will be places on planets where the Rebels have operations going on- away from cities etc- or where bandits, smugglers etc congregate and there will be similar people hiding in plain sight all over the place. Rebel cells here. Smuggling dens there. And local big-wigs can usurp power- look at Jabba on Tatooine; he had the Imperial governor bought and paid for. And those not obedient to Imperial rule can always hide out on Uncivilised/Uninhabitted/Unsettled worlds like Yavin or Hoth. Or they can set up a fair sized op on a minor world where there is token Imperial presence. The governor of a planet with a small population would not be given much of garrison- enough to keep the population in line but not enough to keep an eye on all of the planet all of the time.